Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,014 members, 7,803,365 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (963239 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackfm: 8:19am On Jan 25, 2020
Please I just made the jump from Corolla to a c300. Can anyone recommend a reliable mechanic on the mainland?
Nothing is wrong at the moment, I just want to have someone to call if anything goes wrong.
Tips on what to look out for are welcome too, it's an 09 model and Benz is uncharted waters for me.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 25, 2020
blackfm:
Please I just made the jump from Corolla to a c300. Can anyone recommend a reliable mechanic on the mainland?
Nothing is wrong at the moment, I just want to have someone to call if anything goes wrong.
Tips on what to look out for are welcome too, it's an 09 model and Benz is uncharted waters for me.
That's quite a bit of a long jump..... Get a scanner first

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackfm: 8:43am On Jan 25, 2020
Smartchoiice:

That's quite a bit of a long jump..... Get a scanner first
I know lol, I actually have a scanner, it's not throwing any codes.
For now I want to service and I don't want just anyone touching it. I reckon a Benz mech would be more knowledgeable on the right filter and Mobil 1 weight to use.
I checked online for the oil weight but I'm getting conflicting info, some say 5w30, some say 0w40. I dont want to make an uninformed choice

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 25, 2020
blackfm:

For now I want to service and I don't want just anyone touching it. I reckon a Benz mech would be more knowledgeable on the right filter and Mobil 1 weight to use
Where's your location?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackfm: 8:45am On Jan 25, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Where's your location?
Mainland, yaba axis
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 25, 2020
blackfm:

Mainland, yaba axis
You're in a good location. Wait for nedu his mechanic is in that location.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackfm: 8:48am On Jan 25, 2020
blackfm:

For now I want to service and I don't want just anyone touching it. I reckon a Benz mech would be more knowledgeable on the right filter and Mobil 1 weight to use.
I checked online for the oil weight but I'm getting conflicting info, some say 5w30, some say 0w40. I dont want to make an uninformed choice
@Smartchoiice please see as modified
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackfm: 8:48am On Jan 25, 2020
Smartchoiice:

You're in a good location. Wait for nedu his mechanic is in that location.
Okay thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 25, 2020
blackfm:

@Smartchoiice please see as modified
What's written on your oil filler cap?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 9:04am On Jan 25, 2020
blackfm:

It depends on the side of mainland... C class is a good one , also ensure you don't swim waters if it's the compressor... Use star oil for the gear and Mobil for the engine ....

I don't know how and where you are in mainland, I have used Benz for years now and I have two guys one in Alausa and the other around Egbeda.. they are good but call this one
0802 643 7742 (John) he is good

Yaba is a bit far ...if you are around ikeja Egbeda axis then call him up

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 9:06am On Jan 25, 2020
Smartchoiice:
Mercedes Benz cars are very addictive
very very .. you would just miss driving them and get hooked on the brand .... They wouldn't understand

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by baxton25(m): 9:10am On Jan 25, 2020
AmuDimpka:
very very .. you would just miss driving them and get hooked on the brand .... They wouldn't understand

Try BMW and you'd know the full definition of addiction.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackfm: 9:11am On Jan 25, 2020
Smartchoiice:

What's written on your oil filler cap?
Nothing weight related was stated. There is just a mobil 1 tag under the hood

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackfm: 9:12am On Jan 25, 2020
AmuDimpka:

It depends on the side of mainland... C class is a good one , also ensure you don't swim waters if it's the compressor... Use star oil for the gear and Mobil for the engine ....

I don't know how and where you are in mainland, I have used Benz for years now and I have two guys one in Alausa and the other around Egbeda.. they are good but call this one
0802 643 7742 (John) he is good

Yaba is a bit far ...if you are around ikeja Egbeda axis then call him up
Okay thanks. I'll save this, im still open to recommendations please

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 9:13am On Jan 25, 2020
blackfm:

Call 08179031578 for further explanation and clarification.Yaba is home and i will introduce you to my mechanic at Alagomeji

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 9:18am On Jan 25, 2020
blackfm:

On right filter thats not an issue but oil weight is both tricky and your choice.0w40,5w40 and 5w30 would work perfectly but the intricacy of brand,and oil burning and performance is what you need to sort out.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackfm: 9:22am On Jan 25, 2020
nakoks:

On right filter thats not an issue but oil weight is both tricky and your choice.0w40,5w40 and 5w30 would work perfectly but the intricacy of brand,and oil burning and performance is what you need to sort out.
Thank you. I'm going with Mobil 1, the US spec. It's just a matter of picking one of the weights.
Mileage is around 140k, dunno if that can assist in the choice
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 9:31am On Jan 25, 2020
blackfm:

Okay thanks. I'll save this, im still open to recommendations please
okay
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 9:33am On Jan 25, 2020
nakoks:

the car is over 100k millage bro... And about 10 yrs ... 5w40 is amazing ... That car is not less than 10k mileages... Let's factor depreciation also

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 9:34am On Jan 25, 2020
nakoks:

Call 08179031578 for further explanation and clarification.Yaba is home and i will introduce you to my mechanic at Alagomeji
that is better instead of going to Ikeja all the way
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 9:35am On Jan 25, 2020
blackfm:

Nothing weight related was stated. There is just a mobil 1 tag under the hood
Oga forget weight just buy mobile one... Maybe the heavier version considering the millage and age of the engine
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 9:38am On Jan 25, 2020
baxton25:

that's another brand I owe myself... I missed COJA last year.. due to economy! Chai ! Adam would have been pleased

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 10:26am On Jan 25, 2020
AmuDimpka:
Oga forget weight just buy mobile one... Maybe the heavier version considering the millage and age of the engine
My mileage is 200000km and liqui moly advices me to stick with 5w30 as against 5w40 when mileage was lower.I have stuck with that advice
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 25, 2020
baxton25:

Tryand you'd know the full definition of addiction.
You're derailing. There's a full thread dedicated to car comparison!

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by RZArecta(m): 5:23pm On Jan 25, 2020
blackfm:

Thank you. I'm going with Mobil 1, the US spec. It's just a matter of picking one of the weights.
Mileage is around 140k, dunno if that can assist in the choice
contact dru23 for your oils, he imports and sells directly from yankee at a competitive price (Mobil). He’ll also recommend the right one for you
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 3:04am On Jan 26, 2020
blackfm:

Year?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackfm: 7:00am On Jan 26, 2020
radautoworks:

Year?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by drakeskull(m): 8:03am On Jan 26, 2020
Man wey Sabi wink

I made a jump back to my beloved BMW brand after moving to Honda and Lexus. Both brands have no soul (sorry to say). Difference is clear. Though Lexus is so smooth on the road that you won't feel the road, of your suspension is still good.

baxton25:

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 26, 2020
drakeskull:
Man wey Sabi wink

I made a jump back to my beloved BMW brand after moving to Honda and Lexus. Both brands have no soul (sorry to say). Difference is clear. Though Lexus is so smooth on the road that you won't feel the road, of your suspension is still good.

There's a thread for car comparison. And another for Lexus, Honda and BMW. Kindly respect yourself.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by drakeskull(m): 9:18am On Jan 26, 2020
Smartchoiice:

There's a thread for car comparison. And another for Lexus, Honda and BMW. Kindly respect yourself.

Calm down ogbeni. You write on other threads too. So, respect yourself and stop being a frequent talker.

6 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by KINGreignn: 9:30am On Jan 26, 2020
drakeskull:
Man wey Sabi wink

So because you went back to a terrible lemon BMW after driving two better cars, we should now fry tea? undecided

Ogbeni, be careful so that what happen to Nigeria in 1914 won't happen again angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.