Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (964942 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Hyundaix35(m): 3:47am On Feb 10, 2021
This car is looking for buyer the engine and gear is working perfectly the a/c is chilling and the interior is very neat for more info you can contact me on 08096895925 or WhatsApp

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Hyundaix35(m): 3:48am On Feb 10, 2021
See the interior

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 7:01am On Feb 10, 2021
Hyundaix35:
This car is looking for buyer the engine and gear is working perfectly the a/c is chilling and the interior is very neat for more info you can contact me on 08096895925 or WhatsApp
Why is it 750,000 naira? Is the engine kaput?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Carbuyer83: 9:02am On Feb 10, 2021
nakoks:

OP the economy of that car will thrill you....the downsides to that car...
1.Fixes are expensive cos almost everything the engine has to come down.
2.If you abuse that auto tranny aswear your case will be worse than festo and his kazeem(pls its a long old story.)
3.The manual would have been the best bet but me and you know madam cant be shifting gears in traffic.

Enjoy the car and use premium fluids for all services(thats the only way to avoid tears)

PS...parts are available and affordable

Please I need right (passenger's side) side mirror cover for my B200 (2008) Turbo. See attached pic.

cc Nakoks

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 1:07pm On Feb 10, 2021
Carbuyer83:

Please I need right (passenger's side) side mirror cover for my B200 (2008) Turbo. See attached pic.

cc Nakoks

Oga las las you go buy the complete mirror o.No man will remove cover and sell alone o(hard to come by)
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 1:08pm On Feb 10, 2021
weyreypey:

I dey find the 750k tag.well even if engine and gear kaput its still a good buy

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by awesome9ja: 2:05pm On Feb 10, 2021
Please where did you see 750,000k.
Just asking?
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
weyreypey:

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Carbuyer83: 7:41am On Feb 11, 2021
nakoks:

Oga las las you go buy the complete mirror o.No man will remove cover and sell alone o(hard to come by)

I figured. Will reach out. Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cessna150(m): 5:14am On Feb 15, 2021
Please what is the recommend coolant for c300 2011?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheVictim01(m): 9:41am On Feb 15, 2021
SteveUg:
Sir I have a c230 2005 model with 271 engine(i4). Got the toks car yesterday at ladipo tried to start the car but the car compressor wasn’t enough to start the car. Car a mech he tried to start it had d sound and said it an engine related issue that d compressor is low and that I should change d engine just like that cry. Please help me on what to to the whether to recommend another mech at ladipo there to know what exactly is wrong
I wish I could help, but I'm based in kano. "kompressor" is a 'Supercharger' kit in Mercedes terms.
Yours is faulty and needs to be serviced, or worst of all, I don't think naija mechanics know how to go about that issue, except maybe a turbocharger. For dump truck and large vehicles uses such induction devices a lot, all in all, visit those mechanics and see whether they can get there head around it (iveco, daf, and mack) mechanics.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheVictim01(m): 9:44am On Feb 15, 2021
I wish I could help, but I'm based in kano. "kompressor" is a 'Supercharger' kit in Mercedes terms.
Yours is faulty and needs to be serviced, or worst of all, I don't think naija mechanics know how to go about that issue, except maybe a turbocharger. For dump truck and large vehicles uses such induction devices a lot, all in all, visit those mechanics and see whether they can get there head around it (iveco, daf, and mack) mechanics.
SteveUg:
Sir I have a c230 2005 model with 271 engine(i4). Got the toks car yesterday at ladipo tried to start the car but the car compressor wasn’t enough to start the car. Car a mech he tried to start it had d sound and said it an engine related issue that d compressor is low and that I should change d engine just like that cry. Please help me on what to to the whether to recommend another mech at ladipo there to know what exactly is wrong
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cessna150(m): 11:02am On Feb 15, 2021
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by banky3w(m): 3:34pm On Feb 16, 2021
You guys should learn to read car manual naa! If your car doesn’t have one, then download!

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ak22(m): 6:59am On Feb 17, 2021
Good day everyone. Is GLK a good one to buy and what year is good for Occasion and site work ?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 7:00am On Feb 17, 2021
ak22:
Good day everyone. Is GLK a good one to buy and what year is good for Occasion and site work ?

Get an ML.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ak22(m): 8:03am On Feb 17, 2021
kingreign:

Get an ML.

Thanks. what year is good to buy ?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by awesome9ja: 12:11pm On Feb 17, 2021
a Non 4matic 2006 ML350[b][/b]
ak22:

Thanks. what year is good to buy ?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Midoda: 1:21pm On Feb 17, 2021
cessna150:
https://products.liqui-moly.com/tinyurl/P001122
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Realestguy: 8:05am On Feb 20, 2021
Hello house..

What significance does cold start sensor has on fuel economy of a 2000 E200.

Also, the catalyst was bad due to being packed for like ten years and was replaced by that of EOD when it's own can't be found then, what's the implication of that too...?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Musty4ahmed1: 11:10am On Feb 20, 2021
Please how good is Mercedes C320 2003 model, what are the major issues with this model? Does it have fuel economy? I am about to buy one from a buyer at a good price. Thank you!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by embee430(m): 6:56pm On Feb 20, 2021
Hi everyone, please i have a 2010 C300, while driving few days ago, i noticed the radio display unit shuts off and went in, tried bringing it out with no luck so kept on driving. When i got to my destination, central lock did not work, boot did not open, low fuel indicator did not show. It showed when i initially started the car. After few hours, started the car and everything worked fine. I just experience same thing today. Has anyone experienced this before and what did you do to fix it?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 8:02pm On Feb 20, 2021
embee430:
Hi everyone, please i have a 2010 C300, while driving few days ago, i noticed the radio display unit shuts off and went in, tried bringing it out with no luck so kept on driving. When i got to my destination, central lock did not work, boot did not open, low fuel indicator did not show. It showed when i initially started the car. After few hours, started the car and everything worked fine. I just experience same thing today. Has anyone experienced this before and what did you do to fix it?

I hope uncle SAM is not the one misbehaving?
Let's hear form the ELDERS.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 8:56pm On Feb 20, 2021
embee430:

Have you read the books of 1 SAM uel and 2 SAM uel recently?

On a serious note, I also suspect your SAM.
Firstly, take your car to a pro mech and scan first and never let any kazeem finger anything.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by embee430(m): 9:51pm On Feb 20, 2021
Philadelphia:

Have you read the books of 1 SAM uel and 2 SAM uel recently?

On a serious note, I also suspect your SAM.
Firstly, take your car to a pro mech and scan first and never let any kazeem finger anything.

Thank you for feedback. Would have that checked out. How much does the SAM control module go for, Any idea?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by embee430(m): 9:54pm On Feb 20, 2021
dannybrasky:

I hope uncle SAM is not the one misbehaving?
Let's hear form the ELDERS.

Sounds like a serious issue. Uncle should calm down o.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 10:35pm On Feb 20, 2021
embee430:

Sounds like a serious issue. Uncle should calm down o.

Most times the culprit of a bad SAM is water.
You can't reach a conclusion until car is scanned as advised by one of our oga's above.

SAM Can go as high as 250k to 300k the last time I checked.
I have seen situations where it is being opened and cleaned up properly and it starts working properly after. Don't know if its advisable though,but get car scanned.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 1:11am On Feb 21, 2021
embee430:

Thank you for feedback. Would have that checked out. How much does the SAM control module go for, Any idea?
I don’t have any idea of what the cost is.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 11:43am On Feb 21, 2021
dannybrasky:

Most times the culprit of a bad SAM is water.
You can't reach a conclusion until car is scanned as advised by one of our oga's above.

SAM Can go as high as 250k to 300k the last time I checked.
I have seen situations where it is being opened and cleaned up properly and it starts working properly after. Don't know if its advisable though,but get car scanned.

Well said bro and very advisable.....it is always better to start from the simplest and cheapest option.It could be water or moist.If after cleaning and it continues,then he should go for a scan then lastly is to replace.It is not good to just throw parts at every problem even when the parts are cheap.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by StarDiamonds: 11:53am On Feb 21, 2021
Folks, Greetings. Is the cls 500 2008 a good buy? I've inspected everything and it's okay...
Please replies needed urgently
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by SeaTrade(m): 12:16pm On Feb 21, 2021
StarDiamonds:
Folks, Greetings. Is the cls 500 2008 a good buy? I've inspected everything and it's okay...
Too old,don't buy.
No luxury car older than 10 years is worth it,regardless of what anyone tells you.
It don't have lustre anymore,no appeal,plus unending breakdowns and the moneypit it becomes.
Unless you are a wannabe 23 year old with little ambitions then by all means,carry on.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:18pm On Feb 21, 2021
StarDiamonds:

Airmatic can be a pain in the ass.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by StarDiamonds: 12:18pm On Feb 21, 2021
SeaTrade:
Too old,don't buy.
No luxury car older than 10 years is worth it,regardless of what anyone tells you.
It don't have lustre anymore,no appeal,plus unending breakdowns and the moneypit it becomes.
Unless you are a wannabe 23 year old with little ambitions then by all means,carry on.
here it is. Isn’t it appealing to some extent?

I’m 25 actually

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.