Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (965229 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by bliss11(m): 11:36pm On Jul 27, 2021
autologic:

Yes and No. it is hard for anybody to know this except the person that has done his due diligence on the car.
.Find a good tech to check the transmission oil level and see if it related to your issue.
Seems both d rubber and d filter, changed them, d leaking stopped and d gear selected well
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jamal64: 12:16pm On Jul 28, 2021
Who can recommend me where to get a coolant for c300 MB 2010
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by awesome9ja: 2:45pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hello Guys,
In relation to refilling catalyst as I previously pointed out that I know somewhere in Ladipo that you can have it done.
This is what I mean. See pics.
I have seen them do it before in my presence. People frequent there as the patronage level is high. If you don’t get there on time you might have to come the next day.
So what they do is They will remove the catalyst from the car and fill with the content from this container and then make good the the body and re-install back to it location. Please critic this method.
Is it a good practice for car knowing that follow come catalyst is EXPENSIVE.
nakoks:

They refill with new,i know this one

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by egesie(m): 11:01pm On Jul 28, 2021
Jamal64:
Contact Midoda.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by autologic: 7:29am On Jul 29, 2021
awesome9ja:
Hello Guys,
In relation to refilling catalyst as I previously pointed out that I know somewhere in Ladipo that you can have it done.
This is what I mean. See pics.
I have seen them do it before in my presence. People frequent there as the patronage level is high. If you don’t get there on time you might have to come the next day.
So what they do is They will remove the catalyst from the car and fill with the content from this container and then make good the the body and re-install back to it location. Please critic this method.
Is it a good practice for car knowing that follow come catalyst is EXPENSIVE.
If it not panadol ,it can never be like panadol. wink.
If u know what is good for vehicle, kindly flee .(Den say den day and copy copy no go kill us for this naija ), grin .It not a story again that naija peeps ignorantly pay kazeems to destroy their cars in name of "reduce cost " so this one is not an exception too . That people are rushing it ,does that make it right ?, I know we can be so gullible grin and when it get to vehicle parts there is nothing like one- part -fit- all unless it a toy car cheesy which is why there is concept of parts number: this is a guide of what parts matches which vehicle model eg which part number of cat will work with this vehicle model.Ladipo parts seller doesn't know this cos they want to take your money anyhow there own is "we go work am" grin. We that are more literate should know better this than to be taken for granted.
If you cannot afford the "follow - come" catalyst ,leave the space hollow, it is not compulsory you must use a cat. And if must get rid of the dreaded cat P0420 codes ,there way u can do without breaking the banks , check this forum , some year model support that effectively, even there option of cat- del using chip tuning ,Google is your friend. cool
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OfficialDJ: 9:16am On Jul 29, 2021
autologic:

If it not panadol ,it can never be like panadol. wink.
If u know what is good for vehicle, kindly flee .(Den say den day and copy copy no go kill us for this naija ), grin .It not a story again that naija peeps ignorantly pay kazeems to destroy their cars in name of "reduce cost " so this one is not an exception too . That people are rushing it ,does that make it right ?, I know we can be so gullible grin and when it get to vehicle parts there is nothing like one- part -fit- all unless it a toy car cheesy which is why there is concept parts number: this is guide of what parts matches which vehicle model eg which part number of cat will work with this vehicle model.Ladipo parts seller doesn't know this cos they want to take your money anyhow there own is "we go work am" grin. We that are more literate should know better this than to be taken for granted.
If you cannot afford the "follow - come" catalyst ,leave the space hollow, it is not compulsory you must use a cat. And if must get rid of the dreaded cat P0420 codes ,there way u can do without breaking the banks , check this forum , some year model support that effectively, even there option of cat- del using chip tuning ,Google is your friend. cool
someone should translate what this man has just said... For $50

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Twob: 5:21pm On Jul 29, 2021
Jamal64:
Hello. Where can I reset my dashboard error on my c300 2010. The error it brings out do not exist.

How can I clear them?

If you stay around Ibeju-lekki area or along Lekki-Epe expressway, I can do it for you
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jamal64: 10:00pm On Jul 29, 2021
How do I use Bluetooth to play music for my c300 2010!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jamal64: 10:01pm On Jul 29, 2021
What Bluetooth do you use?
gmacnoms:
what general advice or observations have you gotten so far? I'm in the same shoe.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Midoda: 9:55am On Jul 30, 2021
Jamal64:
Hala at my signature

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by izang87(m): 9:51pm On Jul 30, 2021
Good day Benz Fam.
Please I am having issues with my w211 2005 E320 SBC.
I intend to replace it with a brand new one (as it's been replaced with a fairly used one that did not last) and I learnt the VIN is required to get the compatible SBC.
Please I need assistance with the SBC code for VIN: WDBUF65J14X115822.
Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 10:36pm On Jul 30, 2021
izang87:
Good day Benz Fam.
I intend to replace it with a brand new one (as it's been replaced with a fairly used one that did not last) and I learnt the VIN is required to get the compatible SBC.
Thanks.
kk

Why not renew the original one
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sidvinci(m): 11:28pm On Jul 30, 2021
my m111 engine have been overfloating for days now . have gone to two different mechanic yet no solution. have to remove the fuel pump wire before starting. always embarrassing. what can be the cause
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 11:41pm On Jul 30, 2021
sidvinci:
my m111 engine have been overfloating for days now . have gone to two different mechanic yet no solution. have to remove the fuel pump wire before starting. always embarrassing. what can be the cause

What did you do to your fuel pump assemblage to cause it to run continuously without break? What is responsible for your always open nozzles?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by izang87(m): 5:38pm On Jul 31, 2021
weyreypey:
kk

Why not renew the original one
I don't get. Pardon me.
I'm thinking no two SBCs can have same code/serial number.
Is it even possible getting a new one in Nigeria?
Because the last one bought was tokunbo and didn't even last long enough.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingbee90: 10:28pm On Jul 31, 2021
izang87:
Good day Benz Fam.
Thanks.

The 03-06 w211 is a GREAT sedan if not for this dreaded SBC issue & some minor electrical glitches.
I learned instead of outright replacement of the SBC, it can be reprogrammed & can still be used.
Btw, how much is the current cost of SBC pump?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 5:26am On Aug 01, 2021
kingbee90:

The 03-06 w211 is a GREAT sedan if not for this dreaded SBC issue & some minor electrical glitches.
I learned instead of outright replacement of the SBC, it can be reprogrammed & can still be used.
Btw, how much is the current cost of SBC pump?
The pump itself doesn't spoil like that.... The accumulator and electrical brushes are what spoils therein.... Accumulator can be replaced. The brushes can be replaced too.... Then the whole thing reprogrammed or allowed to self purge
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingbee90: 7:26am On Aug 01, 2021
weyreypey:
The pump itself doesn't spoil like that.... The accumulator and electrical brushes are what spoils therein.... Accumulator can be replaced. The brushes can be replaced too.... Then the whole thing reprogrammed or allowed to self purge

Thanks for this info bro. I really need to be informed on this SBC stuff. How often do the Accumulator & brushes fail & what's the cost of replacing these components? Because it seems almost every w211 i have come across has "BRAKE WARNING, VISIT WORKSHOP" on their instrument clusters.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 9:35am On Aug 01, 2021
kingbee90:

Thanks for this info bro. I really need to be informed on this SBC stuff. How often do the Accumulator & brushes fail & what's the cost of replacing these components? Because it seems almost every w211 i have come across has "BRAKE WARNING, VISIT WORKSHOP" on their instrument clusters.

Not all are SBC related... could be as simple as a brake light switch
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by RANGO23(m): 10:53am On Aug 01, 2021
Good morning...I need your advice please... I'm about paying for Benz c240.... issues detected..A/C leakage,left windscreen wiper is broken... How much will it cost me to fix all these....?Thanks for your response
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by SeaTrade(m): 12:49pm On Aug 01, 2021
RANGO23:
Good morning...I need your advice please... I'm about paying for Benz c240.... issues detected..A/C leakage,left windscreen wiper is broken... How much will it cost me to fix all these....?Thanks for your response
Flee from old cars,
See your colleague for up there dey lament untop SBC or what? grin
If you no want follow am better find your way to japanese before e red for you grin
Ordinary wiper you don dey shalaye,not to talk of complex issues for benz weh don make people sell house join like weyreypey grin

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Alfred74: 1:37pm On Aug 01, 2021
SeaTrade:
Flee from old cars,
If you no want follow am better find your way to japanese before e red for you grin
Ordinary wiper you don dey shalaye,not to talk of complex issues for benz weh don make people sell house join like weyreypey grin

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 2:58pm On Aug 01, 2021
SeaTrade:
Flee from old cars,
Walahi you get malaria hahaha
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 3:01pm On Aug 01, 2021
RANGO23:
.... Depends on your location... AC needs a professional touch only. And I mean one who uses proper AC tools which must include the vacuum pump.... otherwise you'll be joking
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingbee90: 3:46pm On Aug 01, 2021
SeaTrade:
Flee from old cars,
Oga did I hear you say old cars? Nigerians dey drive new cars? All the Japanese corolla, avalon, muscle, Eod & evil spirit you are referring to, are they not old cars? How many Nigerians dey drive 2019/2020 Toyota or Honda cars? Meanwhile all these Japanese cars have their own respective issues oh!

7 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by SeaTrade(m): 4:00pm On Aug 01, 2021
kingbee90:

Oga did I hear you say old cars? Nigerians dey drive new cars? All the Japanese corolla, avalon, muscle, Eod & evil spirit you are referring to, are they not old cars? How many Nigerians dey drive 2019/2020 Toyota or Honda cars? Meanwhile all these Japanese cars have their own respective issues oh!
Better to buy an old Japanese car than an old Mercedes,especially Nigerian used.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 4:03pm On Aug 01, 2021
SeaTrade:
Better to buy an old Japanese car than an old Mercedes,especially Nigerian used.
... Ako iba dey worry you. Male fever
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by SeaTrade(m): 4:05pm On Aug 01, 2021
weyreypey:
... Ako iba dey worry you. Male fever
Not really,
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 4:12pm On Aug 01, 2021
SeaTrade:
Not really,my problem now na nyarsh grin
Make I "you know" cool

You're actually toxic. Very toxic. Maybe it's because you're an habitual drunkard

SeaTrade:
A nairalander finally marries a beautiful wife,Thank heavens.
Usually na scarecrow guys for these streets dey always show us.
Congratulations.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by RANGO23(m): 4:31pm On Aug 01, 2021
kingbee90:

...Na waoh ...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by NewNigeriaMind: 7:02pm On Aug 02, 2021
They said I should come ask here. I just got a small boo, a 2013 C300 AWD.

1. Need advice on the best plug for break pads

2. Advice on the best oil to use for the change

3. Original oil filter plug if in the house

4. Do and don’t of the car advise would be highly appreciated

5. Lastly, for the AC can I top up the AC gas or empty it and refil with a new one altogether

Thanks all and God bless you as you help a brother
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by joefit4gur(m): 11:45pm On Aug 02, 2021
The rear left door of my ML350 W164 was machine-gunning. When the lock button is pressed, all other doors lock except the rear left door, it gives a machine gun sound as if it wants to lock but is triggered back up.

The rewire said he'd need to change the central lock, when I got back. The part he claimed was removed had a part number of an R350 actuator lock A2517660125, and not a W164 ML350.

Now I'm thinking, he didn't replace the lock, he repaired it, charged me for a new one, and dumped a bad R350 lock that probably has been lying in his shop strictly for this purpose. Now I want to ask: Will the part number A2517660125 of a R350 work for a W164 ML350 model?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Emmanuel0149

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.