Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,211 members, 7,807,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (452) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (964874 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 9icetoo(m): 7:28am On Sep 19, 2021
Zino1011:
Please Is it possible to ship a car from the USA to Nigeria in 22 days??
All things being equal,it's possible but we know how things work in real life. If the car has already been bought, trucked to the port, processed for shipping and loaded on the ship before the 22 days timeline, yes it's possible.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kunletele: 8:03am On Sep 19, 2021
Greetings my people. I am new to Mercedes and I somehow was convinced to buy a Mercedes e200 2007 that was up for sale at a mechanic's place. The car was already in limp mode. It displays something about reduce break power, abs etc. Somebody said the problem was the sbc. Those regular mechanics don't know how to go about it. I am in Lagos. Please help.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sbot: 8:13am On Sep 19, 2021
austinkenneth:

Car eventually fixed by a reliable mechanic in Lekki..... it is running like new now. I'm impressed by this engine. He had to do an extensive work on it. I'm impressed.

No more Check engine light, good fuel economy, oil leaks solved, no more coolant leaks......

I'll recommend him anyday: Abe ......08167071246, 09065036210
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OfficialDJ: 8:15am On Sep 19, 2021
Kunletele:
Greetings my people. I am new to Mercedes and I somehow was convinced to buy a Mercedes e200 2007 that was up for sale at a mechanic's place. The car was already in limp mode. It displays something about reduce break power, abs etc. Somebody said the problem was the sbc. Those regular mechanics don't know how to go about it. I am in Lagos. Please help.
so you used your hand to buy a lemon, and somehow wants us to give you an abracadabra portion to make it work?
Reduce brake power means your battery's is less.. Change your battery
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Churock: 8:16am On Sep 19, 2021
Guys Good morning and happy Sunday. So my recently acquired c320 doesn’t have verryyy bright headlamps. Is there something I could do to get it brighter?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OfficialDJ: 8:21am On Sep 19, 2021
Churock:
Guys Good morning and happy Sunday. So my recently acquired c320 doesn’t have verryyy bright headlamps. Is there something I could do to get it brighter?
i was a fan of halogens, but the rate at whivh they died discouraged me totally. Get those original yellow bulbs, and it should last
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Zino1011(m): 8:58am On Sep 19, 2021
9icetoo:

All things being equal,it's possible but we know how things work in real life. If the car has already been bought, trucked to the port, processed for shipping and loaded on the ship before the 22 days timeline, yes it's possible.
how I wish my brother wil learn.He is trying to get a glk 350 2013 model from the state and this dealer keeps telling him he can help source from the state and it takes just 22 days.I actually told him that it’s not possible.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:12am On Sep 19, 2021
Kunletele:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the facelift W211 doesn't have SBC?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:13am On Sep 19, 2021
Zino1011:
Please Is it possible to ship a car from the USA to Nigeria in 22 days??

Almost impossible. 6 weeks is a solid timeline.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 9:27am On Sep 19, 2021
Felicity001:
Please all the ogas in the house kindly assist.

Bought this car direct tokunbo, W203 C200 kompressor M271 engine

On trying to gas up the AC system the technician discovered the air isn't blowing into the cabin, which is the air is not coming out from the vent especially through the centre and back vents. And even the one on top of the dashboard facing the windshield directly so he recommended an electrician.

Elerectrician said its the AC fan, possibly not blowing towards the right direction. After some troubleshooting, brought down the dashboard and the fan (blower) he said we have to get the one that blows to both directions.

Got another from ladipo, fixed it yet problem persists.

I was frustrated, after spending money and time... This job has taken 2 whole days yet no tangible result.

I asked him to couple everything and after that the steering wheel refused to turn. B4 that while he was coupling back the dashboard I'd noticed that the steering wheel nokkle below the steering neck doesn't push in and out again so the steering neck can't even easily do it's normal up and down adjustments. I complained to him he said he waz going to fix that later.

So right now, the steering neck can't adjust easily, that nokkle below it is stiff can't even go in let alone come out and the worst of it all the steering wheel doesn't turn.

So I'm confused and frustrated right now but I'm calm, this is first time to own and use a MB so no experience whatsoever.

So please anyone with experience or advice should kindly help.

Could thus be some sort of security or something, if it's some sort of security car wouldn't have start na.

CC: ibbabah, nakoks, OfficialDJ, weyreypey and other gurus in the house

NB: It was discovered car was converted in Europe by some professionals b4 car was brought into nigeria, I must confess they did a professional job leaving no trace unless by someone who has had an experience b4.

Pls tag anyone that can as well help especially with the vent issue
Bros recall we spoke on phone and i asked if you were sure your car was left handed as it was coming from Ireland.You told me dublin uses left hand cars and i was stunned.I didn't bother telling you what i know or if i have been to dublin .....these days i don't argue anymore .That said......i know where all your issues are coming from(the conversion)

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Churock: 9:38am On Sep 19, 2021
OfficialDJ:
i was a fan of halogens, but the rate at whivh they died discouraged me totally. Get those original yellow bulbs, and it should last

Bro which one are the original yellow bulbs. Got a pix? And how much? Could it also be that the headlamps are dirty due to exposure of sunlight
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 10:48am On Sep 19, 2021
nakoks:

Bros recall we spoke on phone and i asked if you were sure your car was left handed as it was coming from Ireland.You told me dublin uses left hand cars and i was stunned.I didn't bother telling you what i know or if i have been to dublin .....these days i don't argue anymore .That said......i know where all your issues are coming f.rom(the conversion)
End of discussion.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 11:45am On Sep 19, 2021
nakoks:

Bros recall we spoke on phone and i asked if you were sure your car was left handed as it was coming from Ireland.You told me dublin uses left hand cars and i was stunned.I didn't bother telling you what i know or if i have been to dublin .....these days i don't argue anymore .That said......i know where all your issues are coming from(the conversion)

No no no... That was a mistake from misunderstanding... Dublin actually drives on the left side of the road making the driver's side to be on the right side of the car... That was where I miss interpreted the whole thing...

Meanwhile, I'd already bought the car at the time so there was no way I could have make a turn.

But, hmm... nakoks... Oh! I remember you now... But not with a different contact... How far na bros I'm still waiting for update on that level oh its this week I'll be needing it.

As for the conversion, i got to know just 3days ago when the issue with the AC came up, i hope I find a solution to it soon. Any knowledge will be well appreciated.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 12:59pm On Sep 19, 2021
Please everyone your advise is needed here.

The dealer that sold the MB I bought didn't inform me it was conversation even for the 3 times I went b4 closing the deal. The only mistake I did was not going with a mechanic but must one always go with a mechanic to inspect a car especially a tokunbo b4 buying? Now, I've not even started using the car it's already giving issues.

I've done registration already. I've done change of break pad and stabilizer linkage and have also bought some parts to replace the bad once, e.g... Side mirror and water can for the radiator. I've spent almost 100k already.

What do I do now please, the dealer asked me to bring the car tomorow to give to his AC technician, he claims not to have any knowledge of conversion about the car.

What advise do you have for this situation.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 1:17pm On Sep 19, 2021
Felicity001:

The dealer that sold the MB I bought didn't inform me it was conversation even for the 3 times I went b4 closing the deal. The only mistake I did was not going with a mechanic but must one always go with a mechanic to inspect a car especially a tokunbo b4 buying? Now, I've not even started using the car it's already giving issues.

I've done registration already. I've done change of break pad and stabilizer linkage and have also bought some parts to replace the bad once, e.g... Side mirror and water can for the radiator. I've spent almost 100k already.

What do I do now please, the dealer asked me to bring the car tomorow to give to his AC technician, he claims not to have any knowledge of conversion about the car.

What advise do you have for .this situation.
You didn't do due diligence. You may not be able to insure that car. Return it. Let him give you a normal car
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 1:49pm On Sep 19, 2021
Felicity001:
Please all the ogas in the house kindly assist.

Bought this car direct tokunbo, W203 C200 kompressor M271 engine

On trying to gas up the AC system the technician discovered the air isn't blowing into the cabin, which is the air is not coming out from the vent especially through the centre and back vents. And even the one on top of the dashboard facing the windshield directly so he recommended an electrician.

Elerectrician said its the AC fan, possibly not blowing towards the right direction. After some troubleshooting, brought down the dashboard and the fan (blower) he said we have to get the one that blows to both directions.

Got another from ladipo, fixed it yet problem persists.

I was frustrated, after spending money and time... This job has taken 2 whole days yet no tangible result.

I asked him to couple everything and after that the steering wheel refused to turn. B4 that while he was coupling back the dashboard I'd noticed that the steering wheel nokkle below the steering neck doesn't push in and out again so the steering neck can't even easily do it's normal up and down adjustments. I complained to him he said he waz going to fix that later.

So right now, the steering neck can't adjust easily, that nokkle below it is stiff can't even go in let alone come out and the worst of it all the steering wheel doesn't turn.

So I'm confused and frustrated right now but I'm calm, this is first time to own and use a MB so no experience whatsoever.

So please anyone with experience or advice should kindly help.

Could thus be some sort of security or something, if it's some sort of security car wouldn't have start na.

CC: ibbabah, nakoks, OfficialDJ, weyreypey and other gurus in the house

NB: It was discovered car was converted in Europe by some professionals b4 car was brought into nigeria, I must confess they did a professional job leaving no trace unless by someone who has had an experience b4.

Pls tag anyone that can as well help especially with the vent issue
AC blend door mixer and actuator faulty or jammed or disconnected or incorrectly installed. Unfortunately, dashboard must be dropped or under dash opened and blend door actuators or/and mixers checked manually or if you have a bi-directional scan tool you can use it to initialize individual blend door/mixer motor to know that which is causing this issue then resolve it.

What your AC technician replace was NOT the problematic part.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 2:13pm On Sep 19, 2021
Praxtech:

You didn't do due diligence. You may not be able to insure that car. Return it. Let him give you a normal car

You're very correct about the bolded... My fault.

How do I enforce returning the car, todays makes it 10days. I really don't like police case at all... Is there a better way?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 2:13pm On Sep 19, 2021
Felicity001:

The dealer that sold the MB I bought didn't inform me it was conversation even for the 3 times I went b4 closing the deal.

THE DEALER MUST NOT INFORM
YOU. YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO DISCOVER IT YOURSELF. AT LEAST, YOU DO NOT NEED A MECHANIC TO INSPECT THE DOCUMENTS FOR YOU. IF YOU INSPECTED THE PURCHASE AND SHIPPING DOCUMENTS, YOU COULD HAVE SAVED YOURSELF THE TIME, STRESS AND MONEY.

The only mistake I did was not going with a mechanic but must one always go with a mechanic to inspect a car especially a tokunbo b4 buying?

YOU AGREE ITS A MISTAKE AND AT THE SAME TIME, YOU ARE ASKING IF ONE MUST GO WITH A MECHANIC. WELL, ONE MUST NOT BUT MUST DO DUE DILIGENCE ON INSPECTION.

Now, I've not even started using the car it's already giving issues.

What advise do you have for this situation.

Sell that car now, count your loss and learn your lessons.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 2:15pm On Sep 19, 2021
kingreign:

AC blend door mixer and actuator faulty or jammed or disconnected or incorrectly installed. Unfortunately, dashboard must be dropped or under dash opened and blend door actuators or/and mixers checked manually or if you have a bi-directional scan tool you can use it to initialize individual blend door/mixer motor to know that which is causing this issue then resolve it.

What your AC technician replace was NOT the problematic part.

Wow! I don't even know a single thing you saidgrin

Are you a technician?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 2:52pm On Sep 19, 2021
Philadelphia:

Sell that car now, count your loss and learn your lessons.

Sorry pls how can one point out a right handed car from custom please educate me.

The conversion according to the dealer yesterday was done in Europe b4 the car was shipped into Nigeria.

The dearler is a 3rd party and according to him the real owner who lives abroad did everything over there b4 shipping.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 3:06pm On Sep 19, 2021
Felicity001:

Sorry pls how can one point out a right handed car from custom please educate me.

The conversion according to the dealer yesterday was done in Europe b4 the car was shipped into Nigeria.

The dearler is a 3rd party and according to him the real owner who lives abroad did everything over there b4 shipping.

Car is RWD (back wheel drive) and i can check oil level from the dashboard screen. Looking from the mechanical view is there a major thing to worry about since it RWD.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 3:28pm On Sep 19, 2021
Felicity001:

BL, purchase and shipping docs show point of origin.
It showed Ireland as point of origin and this should’ve told you that it’s a RHD car since Ireland and UK drive on the left.
This is just the most basic and easiest way to confirm without inspecting other components.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 3:30pm On Sep 19, 2021
kingreign:

What your AC technician replace .was NOT the problematic part.
It's a righty
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 4:27pm On Sep 19, 2021
Felicity001:

Wow! I don't even know a single thing you saidgrin

Are you a technician?
No, I'm not a technician, I'm a kazeem. grin cheesy
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 4:29pm On Sep 19, 2021
Felicity001:

Believe this at you own fault.

Na trinity or Ladipo or Ojuolegba e dey when dem convert am.
If you know you know.

8 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 4:37pm On Sep 19, 2021
kingreign:

No, I'm not a technician, I'm a kazeem. grin cheesy

grin anyone is a goal bros provided the problem is resolve that's all i care I'm not interested to make any trouble at all. If you can help look into it pls let me know i can make a contact let's discuss.

Philadelphia:

BL, purchase and shipping docs show point of origin.
It showed Ireland as point of origin and this should’ve told you that it’s a RHD car since Ireland and UK drive on the left.
This is just the most basic and easiest way to confirm without inspecting other components.

Yes, that was my mistake I admit to it.

kingreign:

Believe this at you own fault.

Na trinity or Ladipo or Ojuolegba e dey when dem convert am.
If you know you know.

You're right bros... But men... What more can i say.

Thanks to everyone shall I really appreciate your concerns on this.

I'll keep the house updated.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 5:20pm On Sep 19, 2021
Felicity001:

Thanks to everyone shall I really appreciate your concerns on this.

I'll keep the house updated.

Nope no need. You didn't inform us when you were about to throw away your millions of naira. Ordinary 50k max for inspection will have prevented this hullabaloo. Diportivo would have opened your eyes, gazzuzz would have gone on an M16 espionage to warn you, nakoks would have written it off and even gotten you a better offer, but no you went solo ... Now you're going to keep moving from ojekunle to trinity to aspamda looking for part sellers... Kazeems will open office on your head... You will sweat like a monkey trapped in a bakery oven.... Ol'boy you're going to suffer on this apparition you bought. Mechanics will know you by first name basis.... reputable mechs will evade you consistently leaving you with those almajiri kazeems....who don't have a specific shop... who will fix serpentine belt and brakes will stop working.... Brake pads and fuel pump will cease to work.... If you're not careful it may catch fire with you inside.... In short say what say what anything can happen.... If you have not been checking your blood pressure please get a monitor and keep in the car....what you bought will require it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OfficialDJ: 5:29pm On Sep 19, 2021
weyreypey:

Nope no need. You didn't inform us when you were about to throw away your millions of naira. Ordinary 50k max for inspection will have prevented this hullabaloo. Diportivo would have opened your eyes, gazzuzz would have gone on an M16 espionage to warn you, nakoks would have written it off and even gotten you a better offer, but no you went solo ... Now you're going to keep moving from ojekunle to trinity to aspamda looking for part sellers... Kazeems will open office on your head... You will sweat like a monkey trapped in a bakery oven.... Ol'boy you're going to suffer on this apparition you bought. Mechanics will no you by first name basis.... reputable mechs will evade you consistently leaving you with those almajiri kazeems....who don't have a specific shop... who will fix serpentine belt and brakes will stop working.... Brake pads and fuel pump will cease to work.... If you're not careful it may catch fire with you inside.... In short say what say what anything can happen.... If you have not been checking your blood pressure please get a monitor and keep in the car....what you bought will require it.
weyrey, when are you going to splash this same millions on a new Mercedes?
Life never tire your 190 grin

6 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 8:04pm On Sep 19, 2021
weyreypey:

Nope no need. You didn't inform us when you were about to throw away your millions of naira. Ordinary 50k max for inspection will have prevented this hullabaloo. Diportivo would have opened your eyes, gazzuzz would have gone on an M16 espionage to warn you, nakoks would have written it off and even gotten you a better offer, but no you went solo ... Now you're going to keep moving from ojekunle to trinity to aspamda looking for part sellers... Kazeems will open office on your head... You will sweat like a monkey trapped in a bakery oven.... Ol'boy you're going to suffer on this apparition you bought. Mechanics will know you by first name basis.... reputable mechs will evade you consistently leaving you with those almajiri kazeems....who don't have a specific shop... who will fix serpentine belt and brakes will stop working.... Brake pads and fuel pump will cease to work.... If you're not careful it may catch fire with you inside.... In short say what say what anything can happen.... If you have not been checking your blood pressure please get a monitor and keep in the car....what you bought will require it.
Oga you wicked � � �LMAO

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 8:22pm On Sep 19, 2021
nakoks:

Oga you wicked � � �LM.AO
But that's the naked truth. For example he should be praying that the steering doesn't remove on motion and kill someone... Then he adds manslaughter to his résumé. Like I said anything can happen with that apparition.

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 8:54pm On Sep 19, 2021
weyreypey:

Don't you think you failed to add something?

Lessons will be learnt, I would have known even far better than you with many years of experience without any major challenges like me and my next MB will be far better than your 190grin

Thanks for keeping me inform of what to expect at least.

Cheers!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.