Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (463) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (963120 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danny34(m): 11:57pm On Nov 27, 2021
Am just curious guys...

If the airflow meter is disconnected wont the girl consumption tripple?

Felicity0001:

Yeah! Same system and you actually guess right, as car started performing like ogbanje I just disconnected the air flow meter sensor and car is performing like normal, speed is good now.

So what seems to be the solution. Replace the entire part with a tokunbo or new one or get an electrician to clean it.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by santakris(m): 6:56am On Nov 28, 2021
oluayebenz:

Have you check your ABS
Is the ABS light on ?

Thanks for taking time to respond. ABS light is on.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by santakris(m): 6:58am On Nov 28, 2021
santakris:
Attention:
Who sells Benz parts here or direct me to where I can get speed sensors for my w202. It's not shifting gear anymore and scanner pointed to right speed sensor

Good morning. I still need this. It seems not available in my locality
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity0001: 7:21am On Nov 28, 2021
Thanks guys for taking time to respond I really do appreciate.

danny34:
Am just curious guys...

If the airflow meter is disconnected wont the girl consumption tripple?

Hmm... I've noticed some level of millage change since the engine check light came up so I didn't really notice much change of millage disconnecting the air flow sensor yesterday driving almost the entire day but one thing I noticed was a gradual lose of power which I'm not really comfortable with.

I really wish we have a policy of return if didn't work here in Nigeria, but once you've bought no returning at all weather the problem is resolve or not. Crazy!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity0001: 7:23am On Nov 28, 2021
santakris:

Good morning. I still need this. It seems not available in my locality

You can go to Ojekunle street, ladipo market, clerg in ojuelegba or trinity in apapa all in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by santakris(m): 8:33am On Nov 28, 2021
Felicity0001:

You can go to Ojekunle street, ladipo market, clerg in ojuelegba or trinity in apapa all in Lagos.
I am not in Lagos
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Zino1011(m): 2:18am On Nov 29, 2021
A friend need a Nigerian used c300 asap
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by autologic: 7:11am On Nov 29, 2021
tetralogyfallot:
it's air flow meter. This same issue happened to me and it's the same type of car. Changing air flow meter u must go with the car cos it's selective, u can fix like 2,3 or even upto 4 before u get the one that will work perfectly for your car.
This is an assumption taken too far ,it can jsut be one of the possibilities that the owner can check cos same symptoms doesn't automatically translate to same culprit wen dealing with modern day vehicle .
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 8:53am On Nov 29, 2021
danny34:
Hello guys,

my 2002 W203 C200 kompressor, red top engine, fires and when you start it and idles almost immediately.

When you are on the road, it takes a while to pick up, when it eventually picks, anytime you slow down or apply brake, to pick up again takes time, and those behind you are horning for you.

I have just changed my plugs. Should. I change the throttle sensor?
Sounds like the throttle sensor. But scan and post the codes first. If you restart does it move smoothly?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Echocho: 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2021
Goodmorning ladies and gentlemen, I am in need of ABS pump for Mercedes Benz E350 2008 4matic (W211). Pls if anybody can help out let me know the cost and we will discuss how I will get it. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ibbabah: 4:09pm On Nov 30, 2021
Zino1011:
A friend need a Nigerian used c300 asap

He should check Jiji to make his choice.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IceTrice01: 4:10pm On Nov 30, 2021
Link has been revoked
ibbabah:

Sorry am replying you very late. Get the car scanned to be sure what causes the vibration. I believe you have done the service A. Normally service is done after 10,000 miles or a year, whichever that comes first. That’s if you are using the recommended synthetic oil. Service B can come around 20,000 miles (32,000km) or one year after the previous service. Your service indicator should be reset after every service. When that is done you won’t receive any of service being exceeded.
You can join the Mercedes Benz WhatsApp group for quick response.

https:///FeuuV44Jfn9GwhrSp2F69a

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IceTrice01: 4:11pm On Nov 30, 2021
ibbabah:

Joseph is my name.
I know you can also be of help to the bro with M271

How are you enjoying your m271 sir?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ibbabah: 4:12pm On Nov 30, 2021
IceTrice01:
Link has been revoked

Send me hi on 08074531420 to add you.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ibbabah: 4:14pm On Nov 30, 2021
IceTrice01:

How are you enjoying your m271 sir?

Am using M111 not M271. However M111 has not given me any trouble, that engine always answers my calls. �

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Zino1011(m): 4:26pm On Nov 30, 2021
ibbabah:

He should check Jiji to make his choice.
The scam there is much.We just wasted our time today.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IceTrice01: 4:36pm On Nov 30, 2021
weyreypey:

But that's the naked truth. For example he should be praying that the steering doesn't remove on motion and kill someone... Then he adds manslaughter to his résumé. Like I said anything can happen with that apparition.

Lmao, this man mouth go bad gan
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IceTrice01: 5:08pm On Nov 30, 2021
ibbabah:

Send me hi on 08074531420 to add you.

Done
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IceTrice01: 5:13pm On Nov 30, 2021
Please I'm looking forward to getting a 2005 C180 M271 and I'll be using this vehicle everyday from Ikorodu to Dangote refinery and back to Ikorodu over 200KM on a regular. What are the most familiar problem with this vehicle and I'm getting it tokunbo. How durable and reliable is it please?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:00pm On Nov 30, 2021
IceTrice01:
Please I'm looking forward to getting a 2005 C180 M271 and I'll be using this vehicle everyday from Ikorodu to Dangote refinery and back to Ikorodu over 200KM on a regular. What are the most familiar problem with this vehicle and I'm getting it tokunbo. How durable and reliable is it please?

Better off with a C240.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 7:25pm On Nov 30, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

Better off with a C240..
Wisdom
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IceTrice01: 7:27pm On Nov 30, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

Better off with a C240.
That's a V6, I don't want V6
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 9:00pm On Nov 30, 2021
IceTrice01:

That's a V6, I don't want .V6
The one you're aiming may consume you

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tetralogyfallot(m): 9:49pm On Nov 30, 2021
I saw a leakage from my Mercedes Benz w202 gear box bottom plate yesterday so I took it to kazeem and after checking he recommended that the gasket is bad and should replace it. We replaced n he suggested we drain the gear oil and put new gear oil. Upon completion my gear is now misbehaving o. From gear 3 it just enter neutral. Engineers in the house pls advice me. Another kazeem suggested we should remove the brain box and service it and the program it. Engineers pls come to my aid before these guys finish my car
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 10:25pm On Nov 30, 2021
tetralogyfallot:
I saw a leakage from my Mercedes Benz w202 gear box bottom plate yesterday so I took it to kazeem and after checking he recommended that the gasket is bad and should replace it. We replaced n he suggested we drain the gear oil and put new gear oil. Upon completion my gear is now misbehaving o. From gear 3 it just enter neutral. Engineers in the house pls advice me. Another kazeem suggested we should remove the brain box and service it and the program it. Engineers pls come to my aid before these guys finish my car

What type of gear oil was used? Hope it's not abro undecided
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 1:36am On Dec 01, 2021
My M113 engine blues.... Welcome to December
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IceTrice01: 10:10am On Dec 01, 2021
Praxtech:

What about C200?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 12:04pm On Dec 01, 2021
IceTrice01:

What about C200.?
Which of them?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity0001: 3:29pm On Dec 01, 2021
Praxtech:

What then would you say to those using the C200 M271 for ehailing, average 600miles weekly.

I've used 3 corollas
1 big daddy 4plugs
1 big daddy V6
1 Honda V6
1 Honda Civic 03.

Since I started using the C200 I haven't had any regret apart from the AC system that gave me serious headace, I believe you know why...

@ Icetrice01 do more research but some persons said the red top (M111 or so) is better than the black top (M271).

Though ikorodu is known for notorious bad roads so may want to consider tye ground clearance but I can tell you since I started using my C200 I've not had any issue with bad road maybe because I'm a very careful driver shall... I still have my follow come rim and tires... Its been 3months now. 195/65/R15.

The S.tu.pid weyrepay you quote to have bad mouth where is he today? Listen to people like him and see how you achieve nothing in life.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 4:27pm On Dec 01, 2021
Felicity0001:

What then would you say to those using the C200 M271 for ehailing, average 600miles weekly.

I've used 3 corollas
1 big daddy 4plugs
1 big daddy V6
1 Honda V6
1 Honda Civic 03.

Since I started using the C200 I haven't had any regret apart from the AC system that gave me serious headace, I believe you know why...

@ Icetrice01 do more research but some persons said the red top (M111 or so) is better than the black top (M271).

Though ikorodu is known for notorious bad roads so may want to consider tye ground clearance but I can tell you since I started using my C200 I've not had any issue with bad road maybe because I'm a very careful driver shall... I still have my follow come rim and tires... Its been 3months now. 195/65/R15.

The S.tu.pid weyrepay you quote to have bad mouth where is he today? Listen to people like him and see how you achieve nothi.ng in life.
Did I ask you for any advice?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by solaaje1976(m): 12:44am On Dec 02, 2021
How did you resolve the AC issue. Am having issue with my M111 AC compressor

I've used 3 corollas
1 big daddy 4plugs
1 big daddy V6
1 Honda V6
1 Honda Civic 03.

The S.tu.pid weyrepay you quote to have bad mouth where is he today? Listen to people like him and see how you achieve nothing in life.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IceTrice01: 3:55am On Dec 02, 2021
Thanks big man
Felicity0001:

I've used 3 corollas
1 big daddy 4plugs
1 big daddy V6
1 Honda V6
1 Honda Civic 03.

The S.tu.pid weyrepay you quote to have bad mouth where is he today? Listen to people like him and see how you achieve nothing in life.

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.