Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,500 members, 7,781,513 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:57 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (495) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (953471 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 7:24am On Aug 07, 2022
Hi guys do we have anyone who is interested in renting out h/h SUV Mercedes Benz out for a wedding ceremony this coming Saturday within Lagos State? Pls contact me in Whatsapp
0 8
0 3
5 1
3 2
7 6
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Bizzyliss(m): 5:11pm On Aug 07, 2022
Tetrahedron:

Lagos
what part of lagos
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Wasky101: 12:38pm On Aug 08, 2022
chukel:
clearing 06 Camry then was 550k. Clearing 2000 to 2013 now is 960k. These amounts mentioned covers shipping charges and all other fees. These are the total clearing amount the importer pays the agent.
Chief how far, please do you know how much would clear a 2011 c300?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chukel(m): 2:29pm On Aug 08, 2022
Wasky101:

Chief how far, please do you know how much would clear a 2011 c300?
should be around 1.9m/2m
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Wasky101: 3:01pm On Aug 08, 2022
chukel:
should be around 1.9m/2m
Wow, all the agents I spoke to dey give 2.5.
The thing is confusing, you have any sure and credible agent I can talk too?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chukel(m): 3:09pm On Aug 08, 2022
Wasky101:

Wow, all the agents I spoke to dey give 2.5.
The thing is confusing, you have any sure and credible agent I can talk too?
no naa. That's the problem with these cars that are not captured. E class pays approximately 2.2m . There is no way a C-class will pay more. Which terminal is the car? Chat me up for the contact. Heard five star is cheaper
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 12:08pm On Aug 09, 2022
A friend is currently been frustrated with his W203 C180.

EC light keeps coming on, refused to go when manually reset except a scan tool is plugged to reset the system. No error from scan tool.

And when ever this light turns red the AC compressor shuts down and ac won't cool until a scanner is used to clear it b4 the light goes off.

Anyone with similar experience should kindly assist.

See image within

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 1:34pm On Aug 09, 2022
Felicity001:

EC light keeps coming on, refused to go when manually reset except a scan tool is plugged to reset the system. No error from scan tool.

And when ever this light turns red the AC compressor shuts down and ac won't cool until a scanner is used to clear it b4 the light goes off.

See image within

He should change the console( before the price madness it was 5k).
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 3:41pm On Aug 09, 2022
nakoks:

What's console? You mean the entire component that carries the button?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 7:10pm On Aug 09, 2022
Felicity001:

What's console? You mean the entire component that carries the button?

Yes
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kulex56: 12:11am On Aug 10, 2022
Good day everyone. I have a benz GLE 2016 for sale
Price: 22.5m

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AutoMoTech(m): 10:51am On Aug 12, 2022
Felicity001:

See image within
What scantool was used? A fault in the AC system or the charging system might cause the AC system being shut down in order to conserve battery power. Referred to as "consumer shut off" in the E-class w211.
Scan other modules esp the rear SAM to see.
The AC system might be ok.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AutoMoTech(m): 10:53am On Aug 12, 2022
nakoks:

On the other hand, if it was a faulty console I dont think the AC should work when cleared with the scantool (personal opinion).
I suspect there is a fault somewhere else causing this issue. Would suggest he checks everyother thing to be sure before replacing the console.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kenny2u(m): 9:05am On Aug 13, 2022
I need this cclass coupe' auto, toks or used.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 10:32am On Aug 13, 2022
AutoMoTech:

On the other hand, if it was a faulty console I dont think the AC should work when cleared with the scantool (personal opinion).
I suspect there is a fault somewhere else causing this issue. Would suggest he checks everyother thing to be sure before replacing the console.

The thermostat was changed and since this issue was reported the system has been working fine.

Will drop update in either a week or 2.

Thanks to you all
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 2:10pm On Aug 13, 2022
kenny2u:
I need this cclass coupe' auto, toks or used.
If you see this murraphucker in semi automatic it is a beast. The speed and performance of this car is phenomenal.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 4:01pm On Aug 13, 2022
nakoks:

If you see this murraphucker in semi automatic it is a beast. The speed and performance of this car is phenomenal.

A very rear breed
It seems mercedes Benz produce just 10 of it. Very scarce

All users I've contacted that has it are not ready to discuss any sales at allgrin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 6:23pm On Aug 13, 2022
Felicity001:

A very rear breed

All users I've contacted that has it are not ready to discuss any sales at allgrin
My guy landed one for 1.3m 3 years ago
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AutoMoTech(m): 7:54pm On Aug 13, 2022
Felicity001:

The thermostat was changed and since this issue was reported the system has been working fine.

Will drop update in either a week or 2.

Thanks to you all
Alright.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AutoMoTech(m): 7:56pm On Aug 13, 2022
Felicity001:

A very rear breed

Are you referring to the C-class Coupe as rare breed?
Baba he motor no rare o. E plenty wella if you need am you go see am. grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Tetrahedron: 1:58am On Aug 14, 2022
Bizzyliss:
what part of lagos
Ikeja
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 5:10am On Aug 14, 2022
AutoMoTech:

Are you referring to the C-class Coupe as rare breed?
Baba he motor no rare o. E plenty wella if you need am you go see am. grin

Not until you need one to buy then you'd known it's very scarcegrin

Oya find one for the bros up there nagringrin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 7:18am On Aug 14, 2022
Felicity001:

It's not scarce. But Nigerians are generally not selling their cars at the moment. Anyway I have a silver coloured C230k redtop engine for sale. Liquimoly oils used all through, AC Kamo certified standard. Engine and transmission topnotch. Warranty one month.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OfficialDJ: 9:53am On Aug 14, 2022
undecided
Kewtt:

It's not scarce. But Nigerians are generally not selling their cars at the moment. Anyway I have a silver coloured C230k redtop engine for sale. Liquimoly oils used all through, AC Kamo certified standard. Engine and transmission topnotch. Warranty one month.
Tunde, when you turn car dealer
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 3:07pm On Aug 14, 2022
Kewtt:

Very true at the bolded.

Come dash me the car nahgrin make I take do some guys pepper body smallgringrin

Okay to all my ogas in the house pls kindly assist as I've been having this issue with my car for almost 3 weeks now.

About 4-5months ago my key feel into a very deep gutter and after about 1hr of getting it out it corrupted the ignition and the brainbox shut down the car entirely.

Removed the ignition mouth took it to ladipo and a reprogram was done and car came back to life.

A month after car wouldn't start but after a while it will start until one Sunday when it didn't start at all. Kick start was replaced and car worked perfectly again.

Like 1 or 2 months after car won't start after putting it off but when another battery is used it starts well with just a single crank.

PS: Just a twist of the key on ignition my car usually start.

So, on this fateful night after clubbing to go home car didn't start... Lolgrin used a friend's battery, no way!

Next morning my electrician came and as if he had a magical hands cars started without doing anything.

No no no!!! Oga how did you do it? Donut again. He did and car startedgrin what??!!

I did same, put it off and did same way he did, it started. Hmm!

We moved, and noticed gear wouldn't select very well. Hmm!

Now, this is the new starting technics, turn and hold key till car starts. The first few seconds of holding key you won't hear any cranking sound at all but after like 3-5 seconds it cranks and start and when you engage hear you'll hear a hit sound from the gear like it was forcefully put into gear. Instrument cluster will display error message (visit workshop) and the P sign would still display despite car in motion, gear won't exceed the 1st. No matter the distance covered.

But sometimes if car starts by just a single twist of the key everything works perfectly well, gear selects normally and the P changes immidately to R, N and D.

My electrician said it's my key, that I need to change it completely.

Who has'd similar experience b4?
Subj: W203 C200k

cc: kewtt, kingreign, automoTech, nakoks and co.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2022
Felicity001:

Very true at the bolded.

Okay to all my ogas in the house pls kindly assist as I've been having this issue with my car for almost 3 weeks now.

About 4-5months ago my key feel into a very deep gutter and after about 1hr of getting it out it corrupted the ignition and the brainbox shut down the car entirely.

Removed the ignition mouth took it to ladipo and a reprogram was done and car came back to life.

A month after car wouldn't start but after a while it will start until one Sunday when it didn't start at all. Kick start was replaced and car worked perfectly again.

Like 1 or 2 months after car won't start after putting it off but when another battery is used it starts well with just a single crank.

So, on this fateful night after clubbing to go home car didn't start... Lolgrin used a friend's battery, no way!

Next morning my electrician came and as if he had a magical hands cars started without doing anything.

No no no!!! Oga how did you do it? Donut again. He did and car startedgrin what??!!

Now, this is the new starting technics, turn and hold key till car starts. The first few seconds of holding key you won't hear any cranking sound at all but after like 3-5 seconds it cranks and start and when you engage hear you'll hear a hit sound from the gear like it was forcefully put into gear. Instrument cluster will display error message (visit workshop) and the P sign would still display despite car in motion, gear won't exceed the 1st. No matter the distance covered.

But sometimes if car starts by just a single twist of the key everything works perfectly well, gear selects normally and the P changes immidately to R, N and D.

Isn’t this water intrusion into the SAM or one or more naked wires touching bare metal part of the car?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 5:09pm On Aug 14, 2022
Felicity001:

Very true at the bolded.

Bros my tired is tired
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AutoMoTech(m): 5:57pm On Aug 14, 2022
Felicity001:

Oya I dey go find one now now
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 6:08pm On Aug 14, 2022
Felicity001:

Very true at the bolded.

Don't fall into dru23 kind of trap again bro
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dru23(m): 6:20pm On Aug 14, 2022
Kewtt:

1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dru23(m): 6:22pm On Aug 14, 2022
Kewtt:

Don't fall into dru23 kind of trap again bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (543) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.