Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (496) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (965213 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 6:37pm On Aug 14, 2022
Felicity001:

Not until you need one to buy then you'd known it's very scarcegrin

Oya find one for the bros up there nagringrin
Saw one on Lateef Jakande ikeja this afternoon. Toks but the guy was on the move .
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 6:37pm On Aug 14, 2022
Kewtt:

Don't fall into dru23 kind of trap again bro

No carry dru matter come here abeg , na benz andthread be dis
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 8:13pm On Aug 14, 2022
nakoks:

No carry dru matter come here abeg , na benz andthread be dis

Let me sell my w203 redtop engine jeje
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Itsrm(m): 8:26pm On Aug 14, 2022
Felicity001:

Very true at the bolded.

Come dash me the car nahgrin make I take do some guys pepper body smallgringrin

Okay to all my ogas in the house pls kindly assist as I've been having this issue with my car for almost 3 weeks now.

About 4-5months ago my key feel into a very deep gutter and after about 1hr of getting it out it corrupted the ignition and the brainbox shut down the car entirely.

Removed the ignition mouth took it to ladipo and a reprogram was done and car came back to life.

A month after car wouldn't start but after a while it will start until one Sunday when it didn't start at all. Kick start was replaced and car worked perfectly again.

Like 1 or 2 months after car won't start after putting it off but when another battery is used it starts well with just a single crank.

PS: Just a twist of the key on ignition my car usually start.

So, on this fateful night after clubbing to go home car didn't start... Lolgrin used a friend's battery, no way!

Next morning my electrician came and as if he had a magical hands cars started without doing anything.

No no no!!! Oga how did you do it? Donut again. He did and car startedgrin what??!!

I did same, put it off and did same way he did, it started. Hmm!

We moved, and noticed gear wouldn't select very well. Hmm!

Now, this is the new starting technics, turn and hold key till car starts. The first few seconds of holding key you won't hear any cranking sound at all but after like 3-5 seconds it cranks and start and when you engage hear you'll hear a hit sound from the gear like it was forcefully put into gear. Instrument cluster will display error message (visit workshop) and the P sign would still display despite car in motion, gear won't exceed the 1st. No matter the distance covered.

But sometimes if car starts by just a single twist of the key everything works perfectly well, gear selects normally and the P changes immidately to R, N and D.

My electrician said it's my key, that I need to change it completely.

Who has'd similar experience b4?
Subj: W203 C200k

cc: kewtt, kingreign, automoTech, nakoks and co.

When I had this issue with a car( not MB) it was the kick. I kept leaving it to crank after 3-5 seconds till one day it just wouldn't crank no matter how long I left it. grin

I'm not saying that's your issue, just offering a perspective.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 8:52pm On Aug 14, 2022
kingreign:

Isn’t this water intrusion into the SAM or one or more naked wires touching bare metal part of the car?

Which of the SAM? the one in the engine bay, beside the steering wheel or in the trunk?? I don't have water issue but will check tomorrow morning.

Car stated and worked well today after same problem this morning on the 1st start. More thank 5 more starts it worked well without any issue at all.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 8:53pm On Aug 14, 2022
nakoks:

Bros my tired is tired

E choke u abi?
gringringringringringrin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 8:54pm On Aug 14, 2022
AutoMoTech:

Oya I dey go find one now now

Baba don enter Yankee go buy so no need grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 8:57pm On Aug 14, 2022
Kewtt:

Don't fall into dru23 kind of trap again bro

Pls don't call that guy's in my affairs either in this life or in the life to come or beyond cool
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 8:58pm On Aug 14, 2022
Felicity001:

Pls don't call that guy's in my affairs either in this life or in the life to come or beyond cool
We need to talk
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 9:09pm On Aug 14, 2022
Itsrm:

When I had this issue with a car( not MB) it was the kick. I kept leaving it to crank after 3-5 seconds till one day it just wouldn't crank no matter how long I left it. grin

I'm not saying that's your issue, just offering a perspective.

I'll take the car for a scan tomorrow and then to my senior electrician in Trinity... I believe he should have an idea of what is happening.

But the beast of a car worked perfectly fine today.

And I was already making plans to have the gear box either serviced or changed entirely b4 oh not until I observed and understood the problem today. If not it would've been a wasted efforr and money spent.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 9:10pm On Aug 14, 2022
Kewtt:

We need to talk

About what boss
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dru23(m): 9:18pm On Aug 14, 2022
Felicity001:

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dru23(m): 9:19pm On Aug 14, 2022
Kewtt:

We need to talk

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 9:51pm On Aug 14, 2022
Felicity001:

About what boss
The C200K...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AutoMoTech(m): 10:59pm On Aug 14, 2022
Felicity001:

Very true at the bolded.

Come dash me the car nahgrin make I take do some guys pepper body smallgringrin

Okay to all my ogas in the house pls kindly assist as I've been having this issue with my car for almost 3 weeks now.

About 4-5months ago my key feel into a very deep gutter and after about 1hr of getting it out it corrupted the ignition and the brainbox shut down the car entirely.

Removed the ignition mouth took it to ladipo and a reprogram was done and car came back to life.

A month after car wouldn't start but after a while it will start until one Sunday when it didn't start at all. Kick start was replaced and car worked perfectly again.

Like 1 or 2 months after car won't start after putting it off but when another battery is used it starts well with just a single crank.

PS: Just a twist of the key on ignition my car usually start.

So, on this fateful night after clubbing to go home car didn't start... Lolgrin used a friend's battery, no way!

Next morning my electrician came and as if he had a magical hands cars started without doing anything.

No no no!!! Oga how did you do it? Donut again. He did and car startedgrin what??!!

I did same, put it off and did same way he did, it started. Hmm!

We moved, and noticed gear wouldn't select very well. Hmm!

Now, this is the new starting technics, turn and hold key till car starts. The first few seconds of holding key you won't hear any cranking sound at all but after like 3-5 seconds it cranks and start and when you engage gear you'll hear a hit sound from the gear like it was forcefully put into gear. Instrument cluster will display error message (visit workshop) and the P sign would still display despite car in motion, gear won't exceed the 1st. No matter the distance covered.

But sometimes if car starts by just a single twist of the key everything works perfectly well, gear selects normally and the P changes immidately to R, N and D.

My electrician said it's my key, that I need to change it completely.

Who has'd similar experience b4?
Subj: W203 C200k

cc: kewtt, kingreign, automoTech, nakoks and co.

I believe you have 2 seperate issues here.
The starter motor (kick starter curcuit) and the cranking issue.
For the cranking issue what I see is for some reason "yet unknown" your car intermittently goes into limp-home mode aka emergency mode. That's why you experience the harsh gear shift, cluster shwoing P while vehicle is in motion (I suspect the gear selector or gear range sensor is failing. They are a very common fault in the w203)
From experience the following should be checked;
1. CAN BUS. If you see signs of water ingress clean it with petrol and fix back. Clear error codes. Test drive and see.
2. Perform a full system scan and take note of error codes in:
i. Transmission
ii. ESP
iii. Gear Selector module.

One of these is the reason the car goes into limp mode. A full system scan should help narrow down what the possible problem is.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AutoMoTech(m): 11:05pm On Aug 14, 2022
Felicity001:

Which of the SAM? the one in the engine bay, beside the steering wheel or in the trunk?? I don't have water issue but will check tomorrow morning.

Car stated and worked well today after same problem this morning on the 1st start. More thank 5 more starts it worked well without any issue at all.
The front SAM is the one responsible for actuating the starter motor (kick starter).
Ensure all relays and fuses are clean and sitting well. Sometimes dem dey cause that issue of kick starter not responding.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by bliss11(m): 10:41pm On Aug 16, 2022
Good evening house, tried starting my C240 this evening, it refused to start just the fan blowing on high speed. What could be d reason
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nymphomaniac(m): 11:51pm On Aug 16, 2022
bliss11:
Good evening house, tried starting my C240 this evening, it refused to start just the fan blowing on high speed. What could be d reason
the car was cold. Cuddle it next time.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by bliss11(m): 4:40am On Aug 17, 2022
nymphomaniac:
Cold?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by bliss11(m): 8:58am On Aug 17, 2022
nymphomaniac:
Opened my front fuse box and saw water in it. My electrician is far from me but told me to remove the brain box and put it under d sun to dry up, and I plan on loosing the fuse box as well to dry up properly
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 9:17am On Aug 17, 2022
sorry o, remember to disconnect the ba3 too, two days in full blast sun should do. or get rubbing alcohol wash, for both the ecu and sam

bliss11:
Opened my front fuse box and saw water in it. My electrician is far from me but told me to remove the brain box and put it under d sun to dry up, and I plan on loosing the fuse box as well to dry up properly
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by bliss11(m): 9:48am On Aug 17, 2022
Kewtt:
sorry o, remember to disconnect the ba3 too, two days in full blast sun should do. or get rubbing alcohol wash, for both the ecu and sam

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by duality(m): 2:33pm On Aug 17, 2022
Felicity001:

I'll take the car for a scan tomorrow and then to my senior electrician in Trinity... I believe he should have an idea of what is happening.

But the beast of a car worked perfectly fine today.

And I was already making plans to have the gear box either serviced or changed entirely b4 oh not until I observed and understood the problem today. If not it would've been a wasted efforr and money spent.

Driving to trinity is not easy how do you do it.

The last time I tried, I saw traffic at se and rainbow. I had to reverse and go home.

Which road una dey follow.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity0001: 4:30pm On Aug 17, 2022
duality:

Driving to trinity is not easy how do you do it.

The last time I tried, I saw traffic at se and rainbow. I had to reverse and go home.

Which road una dey follow.

Lol... Me self I don't know but I've understood the road so well that I know when and how to navigate my way both in and out.

What is the issue you want to go fix? Mechanical? I can arrange for my mechanic to come down to you anywhere

But if it's electrical or ac related or gearbox I no get mouth there... Those men big pass megrin ML-2014 and C200 03 no be mategrin so I dey carry am go meet them for repair otherwise I contact my 2nd rewire from agege for minor issue... But major issues? Na Trinity straight, AC...

The road from 2nd rainbow is seriously under construction to a flyover at that point but i still get as I take dey carry am pass.

If you know where you salvation is no stress will worth getting it

@ kewtt how far the ride na dm make we run am na
8o 35 I3 2.8 7. 6
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AutoMoTech(m): 9:22pm On Aug 17, 2022
bliss11:
Hope it has started?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by bliss11(m): 10:15pm On Aug 17, 2022
AutoMoTech:

Hope it has started?
Was busy all tru today, but sunned the brainbox, scared to completely remove the fuse box cos of the connections under so as not to mix it up, but used towel to dry out d water. I’ll assemble it tomorrow and hope it turns on
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 10:29pm On Aug 17, 2022
bliss11:
Was busy all tru today, but sunned the brainbox, scared to completely remove the fuse box cos of the connections under so as not to mix it up, but used towel to dry out d water. I’ll assemble it tomorrow and hope it turns on
Do same for the SAM. aka fusebox
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by bliss11(m): 9:13am On Aug 18, 2022
Kewtt:

Do same for the SAM. aka fusebox
Thanks 4 d tip. I’ll just leave the bonnet open through out today for sun to dry it up well
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AutoMoTech(m): 6:28pm On Aug 18, 2022
bliss11:
It can be tiring but you can never mix it up. Every connector can only fit in one socket.
If you still can, try remove it so you can dry it properly.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AutoMoTech(m): 6:29pm On Aug 18, 2022
bliss11:
Thanks 4 d tip. I’ll just leave the bonnet open through out today for sun to dry it up well
Sun/heat no go reach some places o. But sha e go help.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 6:38pm On Aug 18, 2022
AutoMoTech:

It can be tiring but you can never mix it up. Every connector can only fit in one socket.
If you still can, try remove it so you can dry it properly.
That thing is surprising. Benz took time to ensure no mistakes

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AutoMoTech(m): 6:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
Kewtt:

That thing is surprising. Benz took time to ensure no mistakes
Yeah. Each socket has keys that make
it fit perfectly into only one socket.

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.