Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There (3324 Views)

Why Go Into A Relationship When You Are Not Ready To Marry / I Started Enjoying My Relationship When I Started Lying. / In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by ICHINONYE(m): 3:41pm On Sep 25, 2010
plss i will like u guys 2help me out wit this, does love maters in a relationship when d guy ve money, for d gurls will u b comfortable in that house if he does not love you but have the money to take care u
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by deniyor: 3:44pm On Sep 25, 2010
What do you think?
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 25, 2010
yes it does. How will u feel comfortable enjoying something that u get from someone that doent love u
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by ICHINONYE(m): 4:34pm On Sep 25, 2010
i just felt i shud kno beta
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by harakiri(m): 5:52pm On Sep 25, 2010
@Poster

You can have a happy relationship without "love" but you can NEVER have a happy relationship with money. Anybody that tells you otherwise is telling bloody lies. That's the cold truth.

In between, this illusion called "love" has different meanings for different folks. To some, it's a feeling of bliss in the presence of someone. To some, it's the feeling of eldorado that will make a man foolishly decide to fight 20 specially trained SPETZNAZ Russian guerrillas with bare hands knowing fully well that he'll be felled with a barrage of AK-47 bullets before he throws the first punch (all this in the name of love).To a great lot of people (sorry to say, especially the ladies), anything the media advertises as through love in romantic movies/commercials/magazines and E! channel is what they assume to be "true" love and if their man doesn't act like complete wuss (e.g Leonard DiCaprio in the movie Titanic), they assume he's not good enough (silly creatures. . .lol).
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by harakiri(m): 6:08pm On Sep 25, 2010
^^^^^^^^^

****point of correction*****

You can have a happy relationship without "love" but you can never have a happy relationship WITHOUT money! ! !

One more thing.I'll give an example of how unreal this illusion called love is :

EXAMPLE ONE :

Mr A : Dude, you seem to love this girl very much.

Mr B : Yesss oooo! I can do anything for her.She's my everything.I practically live for her.

Mr A : That's serious ooo! Tell me, what do you love about her?

Mr B : Oh, i love her because she's beautiful, sexy and intelligent. She completely blows my mind whenever she's with me.

Mr A : Is that so? What if a jealous ex-boyfriend of her's splashes acid on her face and she loses her beauty. . .would you still love her the same way? What if she tumbles down the stairs and has a concussion in her brain and as a result, turns into an slowpoke, would you still die for her? Shebi, love na everlasting?

Mr B : shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided

EXAMPLE TWO :

Miss A : Hey babe, you seem to be tripping for this dude a lot.

Miss B : Yeah, he has me walking on air. He's my all and everything.

Miss A : That's interesting.What makes you love him so much?

Miss B : That's easy. I love him because he's so handsome, kind and generous. He's so amazing!

Miss A : Wonderful. What if he gets into an accident and gets disfigured from head to toe resulting in his face looking an ogre and being paralysed to the waist down preventing him from "performing"? Would you still love him the same way? What if all his businesses crash and he goes into financial distress, would you still care about him the same way?

Miss B : shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed undecided

What i'm trying to point out is that everything in this life is CONDITIONAL. Same with the illusion called "love" that is always advertised as an eternal feeling of bliss and happiness.

Nuff said!
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by tjskii(f): 8:38pm On Sep 25, 2010
kai harakiri,why the cynicsm,seems to me like u been burned bad before,dnt worry bout it,love will come lookin for u soon tongue tongue
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by madlady(f): 5:35pm On Sep 26, 2010
I.CHINONYE:

plss i will like u guys 2help me out wit this, does love maters in a relationship when d guy ve money, for d gurls
will u b comfortable in that house if he does not love you but have the money to take care u

No I would not be comfortable in such an arrangement shocked.

@Poster I'm sure it would not be long before he the guy with money would find a girl who he
really loves and who loves him back for all the right reasons.
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by ICHINONYE(m): 4:05pm On Sep 27, 2010
am glad u respond to this,i just ve a case at hand were love waz trown away cuse d other guy had d money more than them,i tink one day i will narate d story here well,let me tell u d truth only 1 out of 100 blive love exict in dis world d rest dont,bt why does this love does not find those that need them cuse most of wat i have seen n wit ness its either d guy loves d wrong person or d gurl love the wrong person, why cant dey b 2pple that love them self inreturn hum,
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by InkedNerd(f): 4:25pm On Sep 27, 2010
Yes, "love" or temporary insanity as a I like to call it does matter. But I wouldn't say that money is the most important thing. I'm too independent to just sit around and have a man "take care of me". If we are in a relationship, then it is a partnership we both need to pull our own weight finacially. Even if I make more money than the man or the man isn't making as much as I am, it doesn't mean that he will always be like that. Are we as a couple not supposed to help build one another up? For me, money isn't a deciding factor in a relationship. And I know some of you may tell  me that my way of thinking is a utopian way of thinking or that its unrealistic but it works for me. I have been with a guy who didn't have a lot of money, and we were fine. I had no problem with the fact that he couldn't afford certain things. It didn't make me like him any less of a man. He was a good hard working man who was goal oriented and I was able appreciate him for who he was and what he had to offer.

1 Like

Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by ICHINONYE(m): 4:31pm On Sep 27, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Yes, "love" or temporary insanity as a I like to call it does matter. But I wouldn't say that money is the most important thing. I'm too independent to just sit around and have a man "take care of me". If we are in a relationship, then it is a partnership we both need to pull our own weight finacially. Even if I make more money than the man or the man isn't making as much as I am, it doesn't mean that he will always be like that. Are we as a couple not supposed to help build one another up? For me, money isn't a deciding factor in a relationship. And I know some of you may tell me that my way of thinking is a utopian way of thinking or that its unrealistic but it works for me. I have been with a guy who didn't have a lot of money, and we were fine. I had no problem with the fct that he couldn't afford certain things. I didn't make me like him any less. He was a good hard working man who was goal oriented and I was able appreciate him for who he was and what he had to offer.

tanks so much 4this single post i pray other gurl learn to tink like this

1 Like

Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by soki2ng(m): 4:49pm On Sep 27, 2010
It depends on the parties involved in the relationship.
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by chyz(m): 4:50pm On Sep 27, 2010
Not if ur a gold digger grin
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by kitlady02(f): 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2010
@OP any relationship were money is more important is just a business arrangement. Anyone who engages in such an arrangement is what some people will call a ??
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by harakiri(m): 8:19pm On Sep 27, 2010
tjskii:

kai harakiri,why the cynicsm,seems to me like u been burned bad before,dnt worry bout it,love will come lookin for u soon  tongue tongue

Why is it that when a broda comes on here to state a few realities affecting relationships, some low IQ'd bimbo with a one track mind comes to the conclusion that he's a pathetic broken hearted wimp eating his heart out? Hmmm?

For your information, I've been in solid relationship for over 3 and half years and if fate doesn't play a wild card, i'll be married in the near future. My earlier posts pointed out the obvious that everything in life is CONDITIONAL including the illusion called love. You see the problem with one track minded people like yourself is that you have issues making up your minds. You are the ones who say "money isn't everything and love conquers all" and you are still the same person that will say "love cannot put food on the table". Do you see the hypocrisy?

I stated the obvious in my earlier post IN BASIC/SIMPLE ENGLISH which shouldn't be too complex for any sane individual to understand.

Nuff said!
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by harakiri(m): 8:34pm On Sep 27, 2010
kitlady02:

@OP any relationship were money is more important is just a business arrangement. Anyone who engages in such an arrangement is what some people will call a ??

That is another big lie!

Money is ALWAYS more important than anything else in a relationship. Most couples try to be "civil" in playing down the importance of money in relationships but deep down inside of them, they know what's what. What is the biggest cause of arguments,quarrels and fights amongst couples? Is it not money? A lot of ladies would rather have their husbands cheat on them than be in a marriage where money is a scarce commodity. THIS IS THE COLD TRUTH! If love is truly that eternal feeling of happiness and security as it's hyped to be, then why do people fall out of love all the time? Why are there so many broken hearts,broken relationships and marriages everywhere? Hmmm? "Love" is simply a feeling of bliss induced by chemicals in the brain. . .nothing more. You can induce that same feeling by eating very good chocolate (trust me).
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by omega25red(m): 8:57pm On Sep 27, 2010
The person controlling the money is eventually going to get bored with you and tell you to get lost
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 28, 2010
For them gold diggers NO. But it's right at all. It could be DANGEROUS for guys like me. When you hate devil you berra dislike his everything.
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by Tosinville(m): 5:38pm On Sep 28, 2010
Poster,

You are already know nigerian girls loves money more than any other thing so i do not except any question like this on NL so don't let any girl pretend to u on here if find love so important.

Look, Nigerian girls will date monkeys if MONEY grows on trees.
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by Princek12(m): 6:21pm On Sep 28, 2010
To the money hungry galz, this is a true story. A female friend of mine told me that her female cousin failed to show up on the female cousin's wedding day because the female cousin had started dating her then fiancee's friend, who is ten years older than her and very wealthy. She later married her fiancee's friend, the guy to whom she ran away on her wedding day. The sole reason for marrying  her fiancee's friend was that he was wealthy and "had a lot of money." Now ten years into the marriage, the female cousin is seriously incompatible with this guy, the union has produced no children, and there are irremediable differences existing between both of them. Bottom line, she is depressed and wants to run away from Nigeria to another country.

Lesson: money is not everything; find someone with whom you are compatible and be happy. This girl married this guy because of his wealth, but they could not even go out and have fun together. What is the fun in marriage if, even though you are in possession of material things such as Gucci et al, you are unhappy and insanely incompatible with your partner? I don't get this Naija women who marry these men just because of money, but thereafter live in misery.
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by 1102(m): 6:23pm On Sep 28, 2010
[size=13pt]Once there is money in a relationship

all other things would definitely follow!!
[/size] grin grin
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by johndoe200: 6:31pm On Sep 28, 2010
--190--:

[size=13pt]Once there is money in a relationship

all other things would definitely follow!!
[/size] grin grin

Couldn't have said it better myself. grin grin grin
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by InkedNerd(f): 6:32pm On Sep 28, 2010
Tosinville:

Poster,

You are already know nigerian girls loves money more than any other thing so i do not except any question like this on NL so don't let any girl pretend to u on here if find love so important.

Look, Nigerian girls will date monkeys if MONEY grows on trees.

And if punanny was hellfire you'd all go up in flames grin.
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by 1102(m): 6:46pm On Sep 28, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

utter rubbish that is bull sh!t and bull crap!
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by InkedNerd(f): 6:58pm On Sep 28, 2010
--190--:

utter rubbish that is bull droppings and bull crap!

Yeah like that face of yours tongue
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by Princek12(m): 7:20pm On Sep 28, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

You know Naija guys will not enter a hellfire punanny, i.e., nasty looking bhitch, so we will not go up in flames. It is y'all Naija girls who will be in love with a monkey like Obasanjo, despite being his 55th wife, just because of his money. Likewise, Abiola had, maybe, in excess of 30 concubines, most of whom dated him because of his money. Naija women will date a snail if he has money.
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by InkedNerd(f): 7:27pm On Sep 28, 2010
Are we all the same? C'mon, get over yourselves. A lot of men on this forum have a nasty habit of grouping people together. I suppose your mother and sisters are like that as well huh?
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by Princek12(m): 7:41pm On Sep 28, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Are we all the same? C'mon, get over yourselves. A lot of men on this forum have a nasty habit of grouping people together. I suppose your mother and sisters are like that as well huh?

When guys speak about what is apparently becoming a majority behavior prevalent among Naija girls, you say it's a nasty habit of grouping people together. You are darn right in one respect-- it is grouping all the gold-diggers together, albeit not a nasty habit. Sadly but truthfully, however, some mothers and sisters belong to the gold-diggers group, no disrespect intended. A lot of these gold-diggers, for example all concubines of Obasanjo and Abiola, are mothers and sisters to someone, so it only follows that some mothers and sisters are gold-diggers.

Instead of you to condemn this seemingly indefensible, destructive behavior, you are directing your angst at the men who are condemning it. And if you are not a gold-digger, do not bother, for these criticisms are not directed at you.
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 28, 2010
smiley
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by ICHINONYE(m): 7:51pm On Sep 28, 2010
i wont realy say all gurls re same but agree wit me all that most are dsame,dey will go out wit even a wako if he has d money
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by Princek12(m): 7:56pm On Sep 28, 2010
tensor777:

Really who have you been dating?? You cannot just generalise that way. Maybe you need to stop going out with club girls. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

you must be living under a rock if you think club girls are the only ones who will date guys and stay in an unhealthy relationship as long as the money is flowing. Go to church and see gold-diggers flock to the preacher or the guy who has the nicest car. Even more disturbing, some of these "church girls" knowingly flock to wealthy, married men.
Re: Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 28, 2010
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9ja Gurls Wia Is Ur Pride And Dignity / I'm In Love With Someone Older Than Me / I Have Decided To Have My Own Child Without Getting Married.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.