Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,925 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:37 AM

Please Translate This Song : Infinity - Olori Oko - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Please Translate This Song : Infinity - Olori Oko (5962 Views)

First Appearance Of Ooni Of Ife And His New Wife Olori Naomi As She Minister(vid / My Hausa Friends Please Translate This Sentence For Me / Zaynab-Otiti Obanor: Ooni Of Ife's Ex-Wife Olori Wuraola In New York (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Translate This Song : Infinity - Olori Oko by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 21, 2019
Hi guys,

Back in the day, for many of you who may know them, Infinity was one of the best musical groups in the country, with songs like "Aye Ole" and "Olori Oko".

I really love both of these songs, but I don't understand Yoruba much. I found an incomplete translation online and would like someone to please help translate the parts without English so that we can know what the Holy Spirit spoke through these beautiful and talented people.

From verse 1, for instance, "In the absence of the cat, the mouse takes charge." This kind of means that in the absence of Christ Jesus on the earth today, His enemies are seemingly taking charge.

"The Leopards's stalk for his prey should not be mistaken for fear/cowardice." This kinda means that Christ is also stalking His enemies. And though it appears as though Christ is powerless against His enemies, He wants us to know that this seeming weakness should not be mistaken for cowardice. One day, He will return and tear His prey (His enemies) into pieces, just like the leopards do when their mission is accomplished.

I know the whole song is about the King who is coming to take over His rightful place, just as Simba in the Lion King :-)

Thanks for your help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOUQAzQlpDI&gl=NG&hl=en-GB

The lyrics are below:

Verse 1

Hmnn I have seen the future
Though I am not a prophet, hn hnnn
In the book of Revelation
There is warning for the nations

He that has an ear let him hear
what the spirit is saying

eh!!

Aisi n le ologbo (In the absence of the cat)
loun mu eku sako (the mouse takes charge)
yiyo tekun n yo (the Leopards's stalk for his prey)
lo wa e se tojo (should not be mistaken for fear/cowardice)
Agba ki wa loja kori omo tutun wo (A child's head should not drop awkwardly while there are elders in the market place)

Fitila yi to tan, to tan(While the lamp is burning)
Imole wole wa (Let the light come in)
Imole ti de (Light has come!)

eh !!

Chorus:

Olorioko si n bo wa
On bo wa
On bo wa ye

Olorioko si n bo wa
On bo wa
On bo wa ye

Olorioko si n bo wa
On bo wa
On bo wa ye

Olorioko si n bo wa
On bo wa
On bo wa ye

Verse 2

A fo pin ina
t'loun o pa fitila
ara re ni opa

Se bi aaro to ba gbon eh
l'ogun aso tele ki ipa, aye egbo
Afoju di omo eniyan
Olohun Oba
Iku lon mu dani

iye iye

Aisi n le olongbo
loun n mu eku sako
yiyo tekun n yo
ki ma e se tojo
Agba ki wa loja
kori omo tutun wo

Fitila yi to tan
Imole wole wa
Imole ti de

eh !!

Chorus

Aye ile, aye ile
Edumare baba
Edumare baba
Emura emura....
Emura emura..

ye ye ye ye ye

chorus

Aye ile, aye ile
Edumare baba
Edumare baba
Emura emura....
Emura emura..

Olorioko nbo o
Jagunmolu nbo o
Papa nla ti n jo tohun tohun
Efufu ti mi le titi
e eh
Olorioko nbo o, emura
Oba a sa ya
Oba aidigbolu
eni o digbolu o asi mu wo mu womu...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Major Problem With Our Society Is The Loss Of Morals & Values / List Nigeria Cultural Websites Here / Statue Of Ori Olokun In Brazil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.