Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,744 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG (49585 Views)

Petroleum,Gas Consumers Form Association To Protect Petroleum Industry Act,nnpcl / Breaking: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders / Breaking: Cooking Gas Consumers’ll No Longer Own Cylinders – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Keritun1000: 8:11am On May 22, 2019
Really
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by ifyalways(f): 8:11am On May 22, 2019
jimi4us:
I'm not giving anyone my new cylinder that's for sure. Useless policies.
cheesy grin cheesy

Uncle don vex, small play fa.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by KingAzari: 8:11am On May 22, 2019
I do charcoal cooking - the best.

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by BigNeek(m): 8:11am On May 22, 2019
bid4rich:
So, we will now be borrowing cylinder from the federal government abi?

No. In a country like Togo what they do is when your gas cylinder is finished and you go for refill, they don't refill your cylinder but they give you another one that is already filled. That is what the government is trying to do as well which is a good development. Your gas could be old and dirty but when you go for a refill you get a newer looking one. This will give the company a means to always dispose of old gas cylinder in circulation and therefore ensure the safety of all their customers.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by incogni2o: 8:11am On May 22, 2019
grandstar:
They should pipe it to homes grin

This will be prohibitively expensive and logistics involved nightmarish.

And accidents in Nigeria are best left unthinkable.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Amumaigwe: 8:11am On May 22, 2019
bid4rich:

They want create new avenue for chopping. Consumers go hear am soon.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by abmart80: 8:12am On May 22, 2019
mycar:

I think what they meant is that , once you come, you take another cylinder of equal size. You don't have to stick to your own but there will be quarrel when you bring a neat one and an ugly one is given to you in exchange.

However, that's how it's done in the developed world.

Yes owner dont need to stick to his/her own only, is just to exchange the emty one for filled one. But in Nigeria what they are stil using is old Gas Cylinder which are no more in use in developed countries, what they use in developed countries is Plastic Gas Cylinder which is more safe unlike the old one. What Government just need to do is to make the Plastic Gas Cylinder available, then inform all the Old Gas Cylinder owners to bring the old one in exchange for the new one. That is how its been done in Civilised World.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by bjreal67(m): 8:12am On May 22, 2019
mycar:

I think what they meant is that , once you come, you take another cylinder of equal size. You don't have to stick to your own but there will be quarrel when you bring a neat one and an ugly one is given to you in exchange.

Just like we do when we buy crates of coke, where you can be given a new crates or old one... Hmmm it is well

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by bluefilm: 8:12am On May 22, 2019
Teacher1776:
Who benefits from this policy? The consumers or the manufacturers of the cylinders?
What are the problems created by the existing practice?
And by the way who are the cylinders makers bid to benefit from this arrangement? We need to know them.

That should be the manufacturers of the cylinders, of course!

I'm sure they must have lobbied the government into trying to implement this policy.

Unless the government can come up with concrete or cogent reasons concerning the problems created by the existing practice, I don't think there's really any need for this new policy.

But then, the government always have their own hidden agenda.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Nobody: 8:14am On May 22, 2019
germanized:

If that's an excuse for not piping gases, let them forget about the idea of banning cylinder ownership. That could be another monster in disguise in the future.

You really want the grossly inept Federal Government of Nigeria to pipe gas into your house? shocked

Am quite concerned about the safety implications of this new policy because it fails to account for the fact that the cylinder accesories i.e. valves, seals, regulators etc are actually the weak link in the safety chain. Distributors will not service/replace these components, I can bet, so if you're exchanged a leaky unit for a good one upon refill, you probably won't know until disaster strikes. Not everyone pays attention or has a good sense of smell.

Anyway we need to get ready for LPG scarcity starting from when this mad policy is implemented. It's back to kerosene and firewood over the next few months.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by frankyychiji(f): 8:14am On May 22, 2019
How are they going to integrate the consumers into this to ensure compliance?
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Reference(m): 8:14am On May 22, 2019
The creation of cartels is the hallmark of that criminal organization running the oil and gas industry in Nigeria.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by oruma19: 8:16am On May 22, 2019
It won't work in a corrupt setting like Nigeria. Cursed people... Mtchww
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by tesppidd: 8:18am On May 22, 2019
emerged01:

Pipe it homes?!!! This guy want to set Nigeria on fire!
lol

They think we are in Europe or America.

Ordinary light NEPA cannot wire well they want to pipe gas in naija.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by SoNature(m): 8:18am On May 22, 2019
Karemarealty288:
Another next level policy ....some people will be out of business now. How much are they gong to sell the new government cylinder and what happens to the old ones?

I am afraid that we don't have intelligent leaders in this part of the world cry
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Nat404: 8:18am On May 22, 2019
DeLinguaMan:
The Federal Government says it is coming up with a policy that would remove the ownership of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) cylinders from consumers.

Igbere TV reports that the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, made this disclosure on Tuesday.

Speaking at a stakeholders’ forum on LPG penetration in Abuja, Kachikwu said the policy would require that the ownership of the cylinders rests strictly with the dealers and distributors.

He said this was part of strategy to deepen the penetration of LPG, also known as cooking gas and address issues of safety.

Igbere TV reports that Kachikwu also disclosed that the Federal Government had reached an agreement with two original cylinder manufacturers to deliver 600,000 cylinders to LPG distributors on credit, with a pre-payment period of 18 months.

He said the Federal Government would in the next couple of days commence the clampdown of illegal roadside LPG dealers, while he directed all skid operators of LPG to immediately convert their outlets to micro distribution centres before the enforcement begins.

Source: http://igberetvnews.com/702442/breaking-cooking-gas-consumers-will-no-longer-own-cylinders-fg/

Nigerian government seems confused. Instead of solving problems, they are creating problems.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Hily77: 8:19am On May 22, 2019
I didn't think we are ready for this now
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by koolaid87: 8:20am On May 22, 2019
Then buy back all the cylinders that were owned by consumers before talking sh1t.

Wannabe emirates
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by sinaj(f): 8:20am On May 22, 2019
emerged01:

Pipe it homes?!!! This guy want to set Nigeria on fire!
grin grin grin
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by HarryDuce(m): 8:20am On May 22, 2019
This is bound to fail with mismanagement as the norm. Nobody will care for your safety more than you care yourself.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by loomer: 8:20am On May 22, 2019
mycar:

At whose expense? And who's going to be returning already used cylinders?
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by VULCAN(m): 8:21am On May 22, 2019
Mannabbq - The zombie that must always agree with whatever is done by this government.

So those of us that have invested in purchasing two cylinders, will lose that money because someone at the top has secured a contract to manufacture cylinders.

Come to think of it, you who claim to be running a grill joint, you should own two pieces of 25kg cylinder. So your money will evaporate like that.

But of course we here all know your only business is APC propaganda. That's what feeds you and your family.

post=78606267:
That is how it is done in a sane society.to forestall fire accidents and death.

If properly implemented, it will be good for the nation.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Just2endowed2(m): 8:23am On May 22, 2019
grandstar:
They should pipe it to homes grin

This will be prohibitively expensive and logistics involved nightmarish.

You know there are terrorist flocking around Naija right?
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Nobody: 8:23am On May 22, 2019
bluefilm:

That should be the manufacturers of the cylinders, of course!

I'm sure they must have lobbied the government into trying to implement this policy.

Unless the government can come up with concrete or cogent reasons concerning the problems created by the existing practice, I don't think there's really any need for this new policy.

But then, the government always have their own hidden agenda.

They've been lobbying for more than a year or so. I guess they finally paid the required bribe and now we have this. . . .
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Nobody: 8:27am On May 22, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

You really want the grossly inept Federal Government of Nigeria to pipe gas into your house? shocked

Am quite concerned about the safety implications of this new policy because it fails to account for the fact that the cylinder accesories i.e. valves, seals, regulators etc are actually the weak link in the safety chain. Distributors will not service/replace these components, I can bet, so if you're exchanged a leaky unit for a good one upon refill, you probably won't know until disaster strikes. Not everyone pays attention or has a good sense of smell.

Anyway we need to get ready for LPG scarcity starting from when this mad policy is implemented. It's back to kerosene and firewood over the next few months.

We're saying the same thing bro... I'm just saying that since they know they won't run gas pipes like every other developed country, they should allow people to continue living in peace and determine their own safety as usual..
We're aleady used to that system of cylinder ownership and nobody is complaining.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by abmart80: 8:27am On May 22, 2019
loomer:

At whose expense? And who's going to be returning already used cylinders?

Government just need to be responsible and produced the Plastic Gas Cylinder, then mandate all the old Gas Cylinder owners to bring the old one in exchange for the new one when they want to refill thereby they can remove the old one from circulation completely.

Attached is the Plastic Gas Cylinder which is now in use in all Civilised countries.

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Brain101: 8:29am On May 22, 2019
Some go dey leak sef
It’s like going back to the old struggle of those days I swear
mycar:

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by frowland(m): 8:30am On May 22, 2019
bid4rich:

Young boy it have not been this way before. Unless you were still using kerosene back then to know how it once worked.

Please how many of us here is old enough to remember the time you take your cylinder to a filling station and walk away with another one instantly? Yea, there was a time like that.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by SaintAY(m): 8:30am On May 22, 2019
When other nations are using electricity
My dear nation is still on gas. SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's Trial: Traditional Rulers Arrive Court (Photos) / The Real Difference Between ICPC And EFCC? / Elisha Abbo Eats With Prison Inmates On New Year Day (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.