Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,807 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) (11104 Views)

Lagos Releases Guidelines On Abortion / Federal Executive Council Approves National Policy On 5G Deployment In Nigeria / Toll Gate Policy On Federal Roads: 10 Things You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) by Nigeriapen(m): 1:43am On May 22, 2019
News By Nigeriapen.com.ng

U.S Tech Giant,Google will require advertisers who wish to run ads about abortion to apply for approval first, according to a change in the company’s policy.

All Advertisers in the UK, US and Ireland will need to declare whether they do or do not provide abortions.

This Implies That, information will be displayed in Google search results.

According to the policy, the changes will help users “decide which abortion-related ads are relevant to them”.

The policy change follows a report in the Guardian that found the tech giant had provided tens of thousands of dollars in free advertising to an anti-abortion group, whose ads suggest that it performs the procedure at its clinics.

Marge Berer, coordinator for the International Campaign for Women’s Right to Safe Abortion, said that identifying clinics that do not provide abortion services is “extremely important”.

Ms Berer said,”It’s a huge step forward,” “It means women will not have to be trapped into talking to someone they don’t want to talk to and be delayed in getting the services they need.”

The new policy also comes in the wake of a controversial law in Alabama, which outlaws abortion in almost all cases – including rape and incest.

Advertisers will be listed as providing abortions if they perform abortions at their own facilities, but not if they provide related services, such as abortion counselling and referrals.

Ads related to abortion on Google are currently only allowed in certain countries.

In countries where they are permitted, they are subject to additional restrictions, which may prevent them from appearing in certain regions, to certain age groups or on certain devices.

The Policy changes will come into effect in June 2019.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/technology-48351222

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) by AstroG: 1:55am On May 22, 2019
Re: Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) by trapQ: 4:34am On May 22, 2019
Lol
Re: Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) by Mutecgold92(m): 4:48am On May 22, 2019
Kkk
Re: Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) by Hartin83: 4:50am On May 22, 2019
Good policy

2 Likes

Re: Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) by Nobody: 4:54am On May 22, 2019
I wonder why these oyinbos are forcefully trying to make killing a soul aka abortion look like a human right!

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) by Pavore9: 4:56am On May 22, 2019
When man convinces himself that abortion is his right.

3 Likes

Re: Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) by nairalee(m): 4:58am On May 22, 2019
I believe if men had the ability to become pregnant the issue of abortion wouldn't be a topic of discussion today. There'd be abortion clinics in every barbing saloon and restaurant

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) by Salmoneus(m): 5:06am On May 22, 2019
Abortion is a womans right, the same over religious people who claim that abortion is wrong would never adopt a poor child into their home and love it like it's theirs...

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) by anonimi: 5:08am On May 22, 2019
trapQ:
Lol

Oga, abeg na wetin dey funny for inside the matter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) by iammo(m): 5:23am On May 22, 2019

why are people against abortion, but quick to reject almajiri's and poor kids

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) by zangiff(m): 5:33am On May 22, 2019
Good especially for rape cases

1 Like

Re: Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) by AkataYeriYeri: 5:34am On May 22, 2019
Salmoneus:
Abortion is a womans right, the same over religious people who claim that abortion is wrong would never adopt a poor child into their home and love it like it's theirs...
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) by Nobody: 5:41am On May 22, 2019
NewBea:
I wonder why these oyinbos are forcefully trying to make killing a soul aka abortion look like a human right!
It's a decadent declining and occultic society; they were programmed to self-destruct.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) by Erolow(f): 5:45am On May 22, 2019
Okay...
Re: Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) by bobolistica(m): 6:24am On May 22, 2019
i dont see abortion as a sin.its better to do away with it while its still just a blood clot than give birth to it and throw it into a dumpster or sell it.

Btw whats the difference between using a condom and abortion?
over righteousness kee una dia

6 Likes

Re: Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) by LastDays777: 6:33am On May 22, 2019
This is very sad. cry

Imagine people still debating if abortion is evil or good

Truly we are in the last days.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) by Onlinealaba(m): 6:36am On May 22, 2019
God strongly condemn abortion no matter how the west furnish it is still very wrong and against the plan of God.. Abstinence

Check my signature, get your electronics, SMART TVs, air conditioners, washing machines and sound bars at affordable rate,payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too with POD option

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) by PETUK(m): 6:44am On May 22, 2019
Salmoneus:

If one is not ready to become a mother then she should masturbate than killing innocent children, and maybe if the name abortion is actually change to murder you will have a different opinion becoz they are same thing.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) by Salmoneus(m): 6:56am On May 22, 2019
PETUK:

If one is not ready to become a mother then she should masturbate than killing innocent children, and maybe if the name abortion is actually change to murder you will have a different opinion becoz they are same thing.

The socio-econimic implications of unwanted pregnancies can cripple an economy...so it's either the government legalizes abortion or force middle class to wealthy people to adopt children... undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) by katiemolina43: 6:56am On May 22, 2019
Very informative and beneficial. I was trying to find this information but you will https://codessaver.home.blog/2019/05/21/best-american-coupon-deals-discounts/ discover very limited resources. Thanks for providing this info
Re: Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) by handsomebanana(m): 6:57am On May 22, 2019
That Alabama own na witch state.
Even in the case of rape?

Na WA ooo.
It's a stupid law that should not be seen in any so-called 'First world country' , even worse, the leader of the free world.

Na dia wahala sha

4 Likes

Re: Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) by Sterope(f): 6:58am On May 22, 2019
Some advertisements are going to lie about providing abortion service, especially the religious ones.
Re: Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) by handsomebanana(m): 7:03am On May 22, 2019
LastDays777:
This is very sad. cry

Imagine people still debating if abortion is evil or good

Truly we are in the last days.

You keep posting this thing as a universal fact forgetting that not everybody follows your religion.

3 Likes

Re: Google Changes Policy On Abortion Advertising (photos) by Nobody: 7:03am On May 22, 2019
Salmoneus:

That's not necessarily true...a lot of over religious people adopt poor children, and also contribute to charities who take care of poor children

Also some of those over-religious people cannot adopt children because sometimes they don't have the cash to do so, or because adoption laws and processes are very difficult in some countries.

And let's be honest...me I can understand why abortion is necessary, but let's not pretend that it isn't the termination of a potential life. I am religious , a born again Chrstian myself, but even if I became an atheist tomorrow...I would still be anti-abortion.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Sudden Increase In Boko Haram Activities? / Nasarawa Increases Retirees’ Pension To N5,000 From N1, 000 / 2023: Peter Obi, An Internet Creation, Not On Ground In S’east- APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.