Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Igbo Landing: Blood And Water (Part 3) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Igbo Landing: Blood And Water (Part 3) (302 Views)

Igbo Landing: Blood And Water (Part 4: The Great Purge) / Igbo Landing: Blood And Water (Part 1) / Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Landing: Blood And Water (Part 3) by Sezioha(m): 1:59am On May 22, 2019
We were dragged to the village square where more horror awaited us. I could see our homes up in flames, children were crying, corpses lay on the floor. I could recognize some of them—they were boys of my age grade and some men I’ve known all my life.

I felt muscle spasm hit me. My thoughts froze with fear. “Mama! Where is Mama?” I searched frantically among the human beings laid to waste but she wasn’t there.

Everyone in the community was made to kneel down, hands tied to their backs. Some men bled profusely, others hardly scarred. The fight which had taken place in our absence told themselves on each men.

I saw white humans for the first time in my life, they each carried a long stick around their necks and long blades. I was awfully confused! I remember thinking they were beaten by the sun to become white.

They were like a paradox in which I was given but little time to begin to comprehend and truly a deep source of confusion. I have always thought there was only of our kind. I wondered what else was out there—outside the boundary that separated our world and what may truly exist.

Then I sighted Mama, she knelt among the women, crying and searching for father. For a moment, my confusion was kissed by anger. I screamed and made to run towards her but a blow met me on my head. Mother’s mouth welled up tears as she closed her eyes as if that would take the pain away.

Read more:

https://www.thezenpens.com/2019/05/22/igbo-landing-blood-and-water-part-3/

(1) (Reply)

Colour Me Red, For I Love The Wild Side / Memories From Of Old / Lessons From The Motor Park By Victoria Omoghena Edidi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.