Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,746 members, 7,802,280 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Responds To The Question "Can Men Be Feminists? (VIDEO) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Responds To The Question "Can Men Be Feminists? (VIDEO) (369 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Responds To Critics On Hillary Clinton’s Twitter Bio Question / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Responds To The Question "Can Men Be Feminists? (VIDEO) by FemiOtawa: 2:40am On May 22, 2019
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie responds to the question "Can men be feminists?" for the April cover of Marie Claire Brazil.

Quintessential Chimamanda Adiche was questioned on the possibilities on how men can be a feminists. The award-winning writer,Chimamanda responded brilliantly to the aforementioned question, she said:

[b]"Yes absolutely,not only man can be a feminist, women should be a feminist, you are a feminist if you acknowlege that women are still not equal to men all over the world, and you are a feminist if you want to do something to make that better. You can change women all you want, if men don't change nothing changes because we share the world. I see feminism as a justice movement that I think of it for example anti-raccism, I don't think only Black people thinks about racism, its not only blacks who sufffers racism. Every human being who care for justice should be against it. Men should be in for racism because in the end feminism is really about justice and we all want to live in a just world. I want to live in a world where I don't feel a particular group are being oppressed simply because of their identity so in that sense men are to be feminist absolutely. We need feminist men to make men who are not feminist becomes feminist" [/b]She said.

Watch video: https://www.femiotawa.com/2019/05/chimamanda-adichie-responds-to-question.html

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Responds To The Question "Can Men Be Feminists? (VIDEO) by FemiOtawa: 2:40am On May 22, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Because I Am Igbo (Poem by FUM) / Project NDPRA / Wetheart -A Poem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.