Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed (32517 Views)

4 Men Gang-Rape Lady In Lagos, Swindle Her Of N3.2 Million / Trader Defrauds Man Of N3.6m, Uses Money For Parents’ Burial / Woman Disguises As Best Friend’s Lover, Defrauds Her Of N3.7m, Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by obc: 7:05am On May 22, 2019
Kindly, help a soul before late.

My Story:

I paid a guy 3.2million since 2017 to supply me Zinc Ore but he defaulted . I have since reported the matter to his father, village king, and town union president, yet no result. I visited his house sometime last year and after much noise, he signed an agreement before his lawyer and my own lawyer to pay effective April last year, but reneged again.

His village king as well as his lawyer have since lost interest in the matter. They advised that having exhausted all peaceful means of recovering the fund; I am at liberty to explore other options since the guy refused to oblige.

I don't want to arrest him with the police in his state of residence because I know he can easily riddle his way out. Considering our judicial system, I think going to court would prolong the case.

A friend suggested that since I live in Lagos and him at the East, the best option will be using EFCC, Special Fraud Unit or Force CID to arrest him (debtor) after obtaining approval from IG's office which seems to be expensive. I visited SFU Ikoyi and was told that the petition to IG will cost me 60,000 to 100,000 while mobilization for the officers that will go for his arrest amounts to 250,000.

The above fund put together is almost 400,000 naira or more, which I don't have at the moment. I have since put my car for sale to pursue this case.

I have lost a lot in the course of traveling for this debt. I lost my job last year because I couldn't continue servicing the loan I took from First Bank and my place of work as well.

My wife is now the pillar of the family. The situation around me is so pathetic.

Please I need suggestions and anyone that can assist me pursue this case. I have print out of all the payment made to him(debtor), signed agreement by him and other documents.

Please help a brother.

I will appreciate if the moderators can help me push this post to front page. I am totally devastated with no hope at sight.

47 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by JubrinElSudan: 7:15am On May 22, 2019
Sometimes I ask myself, "How do Scammers and fraudsters sleep at night (not that lying on the bed kinda answer oh) knowing the pains they just put some people into? "

235 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by donbachi(m): 7:15am On May 22, 2019
First...keep your hope alive and lastly...there is always a light at the end of the tunnel...the lord is your strenght.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by obc: 7:26am On May 22, 2019
Thank you.
donbachi:
First...keep your hope alive and lastly...there is always a light at the end of the tunnel...the lord is your strenght.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by cassidy1996(m): 7:47am On May 22, 2019
i feel your pain brother, wake up at night as from 12am naked and pray. talk to GOD.

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by obc: 8:42am On May 22, 2019
Thanks I really appreciate.
cassidy1996:
i feel your pain brother, wake up at night as from 12am naked and pray. talk to GOD.

6 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by stanley000: 9:08am On May 22, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
Sometimes I ask myself, "How do Scammers and fraudsters sleep at night (not that lying on the bed kinda answer oh) knowing the pains they just put some people into? "

this ain't an issue of scamming, it's just a transaction gone bad, I'm sure they must already have told him that and that's why the officers even want to milk more money from him. Know who u are dealing with, I always get anoyed when even my blood brothers mention "trust" or words like " don't but trust me" ... Trust has nothing to do with my friendship or business dealings with anyone, never let anyone fool u into dealing with someone fraudulent.

Even I now paid an AC service man to come and work for me and it's 3days now without coming to do what he was paid for. Well I was wise enough to pay him only 2k out of the amount upon all I still feel bad. Humans are seldom what the appear to be.

OP I WILL BE HONEST WITH YOU THAT MONEY MIGHT JUST BE WATER OVER THE DAM!!

Nigeria police go fustrate you, even Efcc is the worse, don't be fooled by those media stunt, they will do nothing but milk u of your remaining car.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by dominique(f): 9:17am On May 22, 2019
Take to Twitter and Instagram. Lay out all the data you have on the transaction and how the fraudster failed to deliver. Include how the police charged you to discharge their duties. Tag policeng, officialefcc, Dolapo Badmus, Instablog and as many authorities and influencers as possible. It's only if the village king dad and his charge and bail lawyer don't care about the embarrassment that will come from such an open accusation that they won't contact you for some kind of resolution.

287 Likes 26 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by Zuluhead(m): 10:01am On May 22, 2019
send me your number

8 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by obc: 11:02am On May 22, 2019
I will do that. Thank you. I just sent it via email to you.
Zuluhead:
send me your number
Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by obc: 11:09am On May 22, 2019
Good suggestions but doubt my ability to put things together at the moment. Plenty issues to handle.
I have been involved in an accident twice on my way to the debtor's residence but God prevailed.
dominique:
Take to Twitter and Instagram. Lay out all the data you have on the transaction and how the fraudster failed to deliver. Include how the police charged you to discharge their duties. Tag policeng, officialefcc, Dolapo Badmus, Instablog and as many authorities and influencers as possible. It's only if the village king dad and his charge and bail lawyer don't care about the embarrassment that will come from such an open accusation that they won't contact you for some kind of resolution.

11 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by fergieboy: 11:11am On May 22, 2019
Move on bro.. I know it's had but it's the best

You will only end up spending more money chasing him..

7 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by obc: 11:18am On May 22, 2019
I can relate. You are right but this guy packaged the lies nicely. Note, I sent someone to visit his house and stay put before I made the transfer. He was able to manipulate things. The Dad said he gave the guy 5,000,000 naira sometime ago but he mismanaged it.
Also that he married first wife, sacked her, marry second one, sacked and when he wanted to marry the third wife, the dad refused but he went on with the marriage. So from findings, he is not in terms with the dad. Bro, a lot of stories. I am dieying silently. Some times I begin to ask the essence of living.
stanley000:
this ain't an issue of scamming, it's just a transaction gone bad, I'm sure they must already have told him that and that's why the officers even want to milk more money from him. Know who u are dealing with, I always get anoyed when even my blood brothers mention "trust" or words like " don't but trust me" ... Trust has nothing to do with my friendship or business dealings with anyone, never let anyone fool u into dealing with someone fraudulent.

Even I now paid an AC service man to come and work for me and it's 3days now without coming to do what he was paid for. Well I was wise enough to pay him only 2k out of the amount upon all I still feel bad. Humans are seldom what the appear to be.

OP I WILL BE HONEST WITH YOU THAT MONEY MIGHT JUST BE WATER OVER THE DAM!!

Nigeria police go fustrate you, even Efcc is the worse, don't be fooled by those media stunt, they will do nothing but milk u of your remaining car.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by obc: 11:31am On May 22, 2019
Thank you bro. God bless.
cassidy1996:
Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by bluediesel03: 1:29pm On May 22, 2019
This is your only option when others failed,..come to Abuja,Locate human right Radio,make sure you see Ordinary Ahmed Isa.My brother just thank me in advance....I'm waiting

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by obc: 2:28pm On May 22, 2019
Thanks bro but expenses to Abuja won't be easy for now.
bluediesel03:
This is your only option when others failed,..come to Abuja,Locate human right Radio,make sure you see Ordinary Ahmed Isa.My brother just thank me in advance....I'm waiting

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by obc: 2:42pm On May 22, 2019
I really appreciate the suggestions made so far by concerned persons. However, I am open to further opinion and ideas on how best to approach this matter without incurring much cost.

It's a lengthy story but I choose to summarise in order not to bore concerned readers.

I will narrate the whole incident to anyone willing to assist.

Please help.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by obc: 3:23pm On May 22, 2019
Sir, for security reasons, could you please drop your number so that I can contact you directly. I don't think the email I sent to you went through. quote author=Zuluhead post=78609545]send me your number[/quote]
Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by Zuluhead(m): 5:26pm On May 22, 2019
i just replied you, check your email.
Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by obc: 6:30pm On May 22, 2019
OK thank Sir. I have sent my phone number to you Sir.
Zuluhead:
i just replied you, check your email.
Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by bluediesel03: 8:26pm On May 22, 2019
obc:
...if you know the option I just gave you,you won't hesitate to look for money and embark on the journey..The place is the last hope for a common man.just ask about the place then decide.If you cannot get justice their I'm afraid you can't get it anywhere.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by obc: 11:27pm On May 22, 2019
OK. Thanks I will try my best. Thanks for everything.
God bless.
bluediesel03:
...if you know the option I just gave you,you won't hesitate to look for money and embark on the journey..The place is the last hope for a common man.just ask about the place then decide.If you cannot get justice their I'm afraid you can't get it anywhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by obc: 10:23am On May 24, 2019
Good morning all, trust we're doing great in our area of endeavours.

I am here again not to bother us with my "issues" but rather to plead further for assistance.

Firstly, I want to appreciate all those who have sympathised with me and others for their advise. Special thanks to Zuluhead(moniker) for reaching out though the option he proffered had been applied last year with no result.

I appeal to the MODERATORS to help move this thread to the front page so that more options can be explored, who knows maybe the assistance I need might come from there.

Please help a brother. I have never felt the way I feel right now in my entire life. It's so bad that I depend on my brother financially for certain family expenditures. He is getting agitated because he has his own family too and our elderly parents to carter for since I am not working anymore.

Please I am optimistic that there are still people here who can help with practical solution towards recovering my money. Anyone close to the the moderators should help me talk to them.

I cannot commit suicide but I now see reason people commits it. Depression is one of the worst sicknesses. Atimes I feel like the next day shouldn't come. Sleeping is now an uphill task. I rarely sleep because I am always obsessed.

Although I started learning a trade from my friend but it has not been easy since there is no income. I don't know what to do again.

Help is all I need. Not financial help but the best way to go about recovering my money from a fraudulent individual.

I am hopeful...

Have a lovely weekend.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by obc: 10:20am On May 31, 2019
This life is somehow. So this thread (https://www.nairaland.com/5214095/wife-keeping-malice#78821245) made front page even when the OP said he never wanted it on the front page? Whereas, I have sent retinue of posts begging for my issues be taken to the front page for more suggestions and possible solutions.

Anyway such is life. Help locates people differently. I have accepted my situation.

Peace!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 31, 2019
obc:
If you really need justice, do as he said and unfailing your money will be restored without stress. I stay in Abuja and human right radio has solved cases which are far more worster than yours. Think twice!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by fergieboy: 1:23pm On May 31, 2019
Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44

Let's help this young man..

Front-page please

3.2 million is not small money in this buhari time

All he need is just help and avenues to his money back

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by vision202020: 3:15pm On May 31, 2019
k
Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by holygene: 3:16pm On May 31, 2019
Don't give up
Re: How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed by berrystunn(m): 3:16pm On May 31, 2019
Huh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) / Police In Owerri Parades Armed Robbers (one Female, 5 Male) Today / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Bassa In Plateau Again, Kill 9 (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.