Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,714 members, 7,805,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

My Thoughts On Religion I - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Thoughts On Religion I (3544 Views)

Random Musings On Religion. / My Conclusion on Religion / Brilliant Quotes on Religion By Thomas Paine And Robert Ingersoll. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Thoughts On Religion I by TOSIN116: 10:27pm On May 22, 2019
My Thoughts On Religion I;
Atheists believe and the way forward.

Over the years there have been several debates on the existence of God.Things look obscure as our brain tends to reason towards the negative path,This confuse and misleads us and affects good judgement.In order to make things more clear to us I have decided to use a mathematical approach, which I believe is easy and straightforward enough.

Now let math things down using probability

Prob. that God exists = 7.5/10 (assumed)

Prob. that he does not = (2.5/10)!

Now lets look at things more closely

Prob. that the Bang occurred = 0

For how can something come out of nothing? it's not only illogical but impossible, it surely will be absurd if such a event happen.

So also can we say it is impossible for the universe to be without a supreme being, as it impractical to have a creation without a creator.Personally I've never seen an iphone just assemble by chances,mere collusions or accidents(if you doubt me you might want to take some crashcourse on entropy or checkout the second law of thermodynamics)

Way Forward

So instead of wasting time proving the existence of God more time should be spent seeking him,even if we feel he has offended us.From findings, the probability of God being the Christian God is considerably larger than others.if we can trust in him depends in the testimonies of true believers and on our experience as we dilligently seek him in our daily lives.

Prob. of God being the Christian God = 7/10

Prob. of God being from other Religion = 3/10

From this we can derive other conclusions such as the prob. that Hell exists since such minor christian groups don't believe in Hell, let their popul. be = 2/10
So Prob. that Hell exists becomes 7/10 - 2/10 = 5/10 = 1/2 (again assumed)

From here we can make careful decisions, if the risk is worth taking or not.

Your own
TOSIN116
(Pardon my blunders tongue)

Next;
My Concept Of Salvation...

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by TOSIN116: 10:55pm On May 22, 2019

Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by TOSIN116: 1:05pm On May 23, 2019
Questions and comments can be asked below...
Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by LordReed(m): 5:09pm On May 23, 2019
Probability the god does not exist = 99%
Probability the god exists = 1%

Now there have been at least 3,000 gods proposed since the dawn of history.

Probability the god is the Christian god = 0.03333333%

You can go ahead and derive the probability of other things like hell, heaven, angels, demons, etc.

Edit: adjusted probability figure since I am using percentages.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by TOSIN116: 9:33am On Jun 07, 2019
LordReed:
Probability the god does not exist = 99%
Probability the god exists = 1%

Now there have been at least 3,000 gods proposed since the dawn of history.

Probability the god is the Christian god = 0.0003333333%

You can go ahead and derive the probability of other things like hell, heaven, angels, demons, etc.

where did you get your facts from?

Just because you have experience something doesn't make it false.

And there are more reason to believe God exists that he does not.
Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by MJBOLT: 9:56am On Jun 07, 2019
if your god exists let him prove it because it seems his followers cannot do it
Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by LordReed(m): 10:05am On Jun 07, 2019
TOSIN116:
where did you get your facts from?

Just because you have experience something doesn't make it false.

And there are more reason to believe God exists that he does not.

The same place you got yours.

There is no more reason to believe your god exists than any of the other gods that have been proposed throughout history.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by TOSIN116: 10:11am On Jun 07, 2019
LordReed:

The same place you got yours.

There is no more reason to believe your God exists than any of the other gods that have been proposed throughout history.
I an talking about God in general not just mine.

I have experience spiritual forces and there is no reasonable reason to say God doesn't exists.
Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by TOSIN116: 10:16am On Jun 07, 2019
MJBOLT:
if your god exists let him prove it because it seems his followers cannot do it
You been feeding yourself with wrong info. that why you can see it.
Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by LordReed(m): 10:16am On Jun 07, 2019
TOSIN116:

I have experience spiritual forces and there is no reasonable reason to say God doesn't exists.

Yes I also am talking about all gods.

Looking at the totality of of human experience there is no rational reason to believe a God exists.

3 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by TOSIN116: 11:54am On Jun 07, 2019
LordReed:

Yes I also am talking about all gods.

Looking at the totality of of human experience there is no rational reason to believe a God exists.
OMG! you say what? There are 1001 reason to believe God exists.
Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by LordReed(m): 12:08pm On Jun 07, 2019
TOSIN116:
OMG! you say what? There are 1001 reason to believe God exists.

Ok what are they?
Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by TOSIN116: 2:42pm On Jun 07, 2019
LordReed:

Ok what are they?
I one time create thread about this.
But I will still summarize it.

1. The complexity of our planet points to a deliberate designer who not only created our universe, but sustains it today.

2. The universe had a start - what caused it?

3. The universe operates by uniform laws of nature. Why does it?

4. The DNA code informs, programs a cell's behavior.

5. Demonic possession

6. Miracle healing.

Oya start disproving.
Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 07, 2019
OP, where the f did you get those numbers from? Who did you even ask

3 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by LordReed(m): 3:15pm On Jun 07, 2019
TOSIN116:
I one time create thread about this.
But I will still summarize it.

1. The complexity of our planet points to a deliberate designer who not only created our universe, but sustains it today

Complexity is not always a sign of design eg snowflakes, they come in beautiful complex fractal patterns that are the result of physical processes. There is no person or persons sitting in the clouds designing snowflakes and tossing them down.

Also there is no evidence there is any being sustaining our planet in fact with the way we have used the resources on this planet, we may deplete them faster than we can find a solution for. There is no sign some god or the other is doing anything to prevent a collapse.

2. The universe had a start - what caused it?

You really want to bring an argument from ignorance? I don't know how the universe started therefore god? And you think that's a good reason?

3. The universe operates by uniform laws of nature. Why does it?

Another I don't know therefore god.

4. The DNA code informs, programs a cell's behavior.

So? These are natural processes, how do they indicate a god is responsible?

5. Demonic possession

What does this mean? What is demonic? How does it prove a god's existence?

6. Miracle healing.

What is a miracle healing? If I don't take medication or pray and my illness abates is that a miracle? If I take medicine for a disease that has a low chance of recovery and I recover is that a miracle?

Oya start disproving.

I can't disprove a god but that doesn't automatically mean it proves one does exist.

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by TOSIN116: 5:22pm On Jun 07, 2019
LordReed:

Complexity is not always a sign of design eg snowflakes, they come in beautiful complex fractal patterns that are the result of physical processes. There is no person or persons sitting in the clouds designing snowflakes and tossing them down.

Also there is no evidence there is any being sustaining our planet in fact with the way we have used the resources on this planet, we may deplete them faster than we can find a solution for. There is no sign some god or the other is doing anything to prevent a collapse.

You really want to bring an argument from ignorance? I don't know how the universe started therefore god? And you think that's a good reason?

Another I don't know therefore god.

So? These are natural processes, how do they indicate a god is responsible?

What does this mean? What is demonic? How does it prove a god's existence?

What is a miracle healing? If I don't take medication or pray and my illness abates is that a miracle? If I take medicine for a disease that has a low chance of recovery and I recover is that a miracle?

I can't disprove a god but that doesn't automatically mean it proves one does exist.
So you're saying all this things happened by accident.
Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by sonmvayina(m): 5:43pm On Jun 07, 2019
Some people assume you've left mainstream religion because you've been 'hurt', or discouraged, or led away by the 'devil'. They simply can't fathom that you've grown beyond the God that was created in man's image...

...that you've actually read their 'holy' books (when, oftentimes, they have not), and you know the dangers of their literal interpretations ...

...that you actually know the origin of their 'holy' books (when, oftentimes, they do not), and you've learned about the methods of control & subjugation which brought them to fruition...

...that you've risen above the brainwashing of traditionalism...

...that you've transcended the fear of the 'what if you're wrong' mentality...

...that you can distinguish between that which is popular, and that which is truth...

...that you can see the value in questioning what doesn't make sense to you...

...how you understand that the potential of wisdom lies dormant within the seed of doubt.

When encountering these assumptions from others, simply smile, bid them well, and move on. Why?

Because there is no amount of light that could penetrate the eyes of a person who is blind-folded within a pitch dark room.

3 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by LordReed(m): 6:20pm On Jun 07, 2019
TOSIN116:
So you're saying all this things happened by accident.

No, all these things as far as we can tell are the result of physical processes working by natural laws of physics. Is there a god intervening? That has yet to be demonstrated in any meaningful manner.

3 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by sonmvayina(m): 7:33pm On Jun 07, 2019
TOSIN116:

What you call spiritual force is just you in the future... Or they where you in the past...

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by TOSIN116: 7:35pm On Jun 07, 2019
LordReed:

No, all these things as far as we can tell are the result of physical processes working by natural laws physics. Is there a god intervening? That has to be demonstrated in any meaningful manner.
but you agree it an order process abi?
Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by TOSIN116: 7:39pm On Jun 07, 2019
sonmvayina:

What you call spiritual force is just you in the future... Or they where you in the past...
I'm saying I relate with them oh,but have seen them in action.
Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by sonmvayina(m): 7:41pm On Jun 07, 2019
TOSIN116:

They are the spirit of your ancestors.. When you die you go and sleep with them.. So don't ever make the mistake of insulting them.. If you do, you will become a vagabond... They will not allow you to sleep with then...
Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by sonmvayina(m): 7:48pm On Jun 07, 2019
TOSIN116:
I'm saying I relate with them oh,but have seen them in action.
It is forbidden for spirits to interfere with the living... And vice versa.
Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by TOSIN116: 7:49pm On Jun 07, 2019
sonmvayina:

It is forbidden for spirits to interfere with the living... And vice versa.
kay

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by LordReed(m): 8:57pm On Jun 07, 2019
TOSIN116:
but you agree it an order process abi?

What do you mean exactly?
Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by hakeem4(m): 12:38am On Jun 08, 2019
TOSIN116:
My Thoughts On Religion I;
Atheists believe and the way forward.

Over the years there have been several debates on the existence of God.Things look obscure as our brain tends to reason towards the negative path,This confuse and misleads us and affects good judgement.In order to make things more clear to us I have decided to use a mathematical approach, which I believe is easy and straightforward enough.

Now let math things down using probability

Prob. that God exists = 7.5/10 (assumed)

Prob. that he does not = (2.5/10)!

Now lets look at things more closely

Prob. that the Bang occurred = 0

For how can something come out of nothing? it's not only illogical but impossible, it surely will be absurd if such a event happen.

So also can we say it is impossible for the universe to be without a supreme being, as it impractical to have a creation without a creator.Personally I've never seen an iphone just assemble by chances,mere collusions or accidents(if you doubt me you might want to take some crashcourse on entropy or checkout the second law of thermodynamics)

Way Forward

So instead of wasting time proving the existence of God more time should be spent seeking him,even if we feel he has offended us.From findings, the probability of God being the Christian God is considerably larger than others.if we can trust in him depends in the testimonies of true believers and on our experience as we dilligently seek him in our daily lives.

Prob. of God being the Christian God = 7/10

Prob. of God being from other Religion = 3/10

From this we can derive other conclusions such as the prob. that Hell exists since such minor christian groups don't believe in Hell, let their popul. be = 2/10
So Prob. that Hell exists becomes 7/10 - 2/10 = 5/10 = 1/2 (again assumed)

From here we can make careful decisions, if the risk is worth taking or not.

Your own
TOSIN116
(Pardon my blunders tongue)

Next;
My Concept Of Salvation...

What do you know about the second law of thermodynamics. Because you’ll just shoot your self on your foot .

Have you thought of speaking or seeking help from Spider-Man also ?
Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by TOSIN116: 10:58am On Jun 08, 2019
LordReed:

What do you mean exactly?
You said they are as a result of physical processes working by natural laws physics.

If the process are governed by laws.
Are these laws in existence by chance or is there brain behind?
Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by TOSIN116: 11:08am On Jun 08, 2019
hakeem4:

What do you know about the second law of thermodynamics. Because you’ll just shoot your self on your foot .

Have you thought of speaking or seeking help from Spider-Man also ?

The second law of thermodynamics states that the total entropy of an isolated system can never decrease over time. The total entropy of a system and its surroundings can remain constant in ideal cases where the system is in thermodynamic equilibrium, or is undergoing a (fictive) reversible process. In all processes that occur, including spontaneous processes, the total entropy of the system and its surroundings increases and the process is irreversible in the thermodynamic sense. The increase in entropy accounts for the irreversibility of natural processes, and the asymmetry between future and past.
 -Wikipedia 

And no spider man was created by Stan Lee
This discussion does not involve fictional characters so why derailing?
Anyway it slowly becoming another Atheist bashing thread
Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by LordReed(m): 11:20am On Jun 08, 2019
TOSIN116:

You said they are as a result of physical processes working by natural laws physics.

If the process are governed by laws.
Are these laws in existence by chance or is there brain behind?
They are not result of chance either. There is a point beyond which we are unable to investigate what caused the universe to become what it is now. At no point however is anything said to have been made by chance. Chance is what we call the probability distribution of the likelihood of an outcome, the outcomes are always based on the input. For instance there is no chance that if you jump out of a 10 storey building window that you will grow wings and fly. So given the variables this universe seemed to have started with the outcomes where pretty much already determined, there was no chance that we would have a universe in which energy can be destroyed or one where gravity and light switched places.
Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by TOSIN116: 11:27am On Jun 08, 2019
LordReed:

They are not result of chance either. There is a point beyond which we are unable to investigate what caused the universe to become what it is now. At no point however is anything said to have been made by chance. Chance is what we call the probability distribution of the likelihood of an outcome, the outcomes are always based on the input. For instance there is no chance that if you jump out of a 10 storey building window that you will grow wings and fly. So given the variables this universe seemed to have started with the outcomes spelled pretty much already determined, there was no chance that we would have a universe in which energy can be destroyed or one where gravity and light switched places.
so the processes are not by chance but as a result of
other previous process.
Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by LordReed(m): 11:29am On Jun 08, 2019
TOSIN116:
so the processes are not by chance but as a result of
other previous process.

Yes
Re: My Thoughts On Religion I by TOSIN116: 11:56am On Jun 08, 2019
LordReed:

Yes
if your walking down a lowly path and you see a flat bottom flask labelled salt water what is the chance that it was made out of Naoh and HCL by someone

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Mystery Of The Number 666 Revealed To Mankind / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: A Phoney? / Why Did God Make Homosexuals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.