Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant (91204 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by NiklauseFred(m): 8:40pm On Feb 07, 2021
Abini2012:

Lol @night bus

Lol hope you're doing great ma?

2 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by NiklauseFred(m): 8:44pm On Feb 07, 2021
Abini2012:
It's been raining and weather very cold hence the ride..

Last 2 pics.. Edinburgh Business School

Sorry ma'am is this big red thing a mail box?

2 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by NiklauseFred(m): 8:46pm On Feb 07, 2021
Abini2012:
Side view of the Business School

Quiet neat cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 8:48pm On Feb 07, 2021
Some field in the distance

A research center in the left

Around the busstop

4 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by NiklauseFred(m): 8:52pm On Feb 07, 2021
Abini2012:
More..

I just imagined reading in a place like this.
The thing go just dey enter left,right and center. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 8:53pm On Feb 07, 2021
So Heriot-Watt was named after 2 Scottish Men.. An inventor James Watt and a philanthropist and goldsmith George Heriot.

I am sure there is a statue of George Heriot somewhere in the school too

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 8:54pm On Feb 07, 2021
NiklauseFred:

Sorry ma'am is this big red thing a mail box?

Yes it is. Still in use. You see them scattered in the city

2 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 9:00pm On Feb 07, 2021
Sights around..

Bust stop in the picture

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 9:09pm On Feb 07, 2021
NiklauseFred:

I just imagined reading in a place like this.
The thing go just dey enter left,right and center. cheesy
You must sabi the book by force cheesy
Seriously,my husband is in the academics and there is no day he does not lament about the educational sector in Nigeria.

The ease of study and access to materials is top notch..

There is a reciprocal scheme called SCONUL. The scheme covers most of the university libraries in the UK. It allows many university library users to borrow or use books and journals at other libraries which belong to the scheme.
So a student of Heriot-Watt can borrow or use books from the library of University of Manchester and vice versa..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 9:21pm On Feb 07, 2021
Health center @2nd pic

Student residence

Our bus out..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 9:22pm On Feb 07, 2021
NiklauseFred:

Lol hope you're doing great ma?
I am as the cold would allow grin.. Thank you. I hope you are well too..

4 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by NiklauseFred(m): 10:35pm On Feb 07, 2021
Abini2012:

You must sabi the book by force cheesy
Seriously,my husband is in the academics and there is no day he does not lament about the educational sector in Nigeria.

The ease of study and access to materials is top notch..

There is a reciprocal scheme called SCONUL. The scheme covers most of the university libraries in the UK. It allows many university library users to borrow or use books and journals at other libraries which belong to the scheme.
So a student of Heriot-Watt can borrow or use books from the library of University of Manchester and vice versa..

Nigeria's educational system is a mess on its on own.
I could recall when I went to borrow book from a library I mistakenly found and it was semi-working(the library has books but it's more like they are selling it)
I went to the library to read and i was asked to pay an entry fee of 200# and if anyone wants to take out a book(borrow), he/she will have to pay /deposit something that will be equivalent to the book in terms of cost.(like you will deposit 5000# for a book and after some days and you don't return it,ur money will be gone).

Abi Na the one Wey Dem turn the library to secret bookshop?

Leave naija matter sha

2 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by NiklauseFred(m): 10:46pm On Feb 07, 2021
Abini2012:

Yes it is. Still in use. You see them scattered in the city

cry and can you imagine that we don't have this kinda lil things in Nigeria? If you see them it will either look like a saving box or you will end up seeing a disposable plastic container as a mailbox.
Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by NiklauseFred(m): 10:48pm On Feb 07, 2021
Abini2012:

Lol as the cold would allow?
I just dey imagine Canada weather now.
Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by NiklauseFred(m): 10:48pm On Feb 07, 2021
Abini2012:

Lol as the cold would allow?
I just dey imagine Canada weather now.

I'm doing great

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 12:44am On Feb 08, 2021
Super Bowl, Super Bowl.

I dey watch even though I don't understand the game cheesy
Shebi because I have light and internet. In Naija, I for don off generator go sleep. cheesy cheesy cheesy

At least I've learnt that I share the same birthday with Tom Brady the GOAT grin

1 Like

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Igbamatigbi: 9:44pm On Feb 09, 2021
Nice thread, keep it going... You give us so much to look forward to.

1 Like

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 8:34pm On Feb 10, 2021
It's been snowing for some days now. So this guy clears the pathway for pedestrians to have easy walk..

This was about 11pm.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 8:36pm On Feb 10, 2021
Thanks to them, we walk freely..

4 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 8:41pm On Feb 10, 2021
Just around the neighborhood is the Edinburgh Conference Center. It has been turned into a mass vaccination center..

So far about 13+ million people in the UK have been vaccinated and our beloved country is fighting over who paid for paltry 1M vaccines for a population of roughly 150M people. God help us!

2 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Leemekzy: 7:26pm On Feb 11, 2021
LOVELY

2 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Limassol(m): 12:57pm On Feb 12, 2021
Abini2012:
Just around the neighborhood is the Edinburgh Conference Center. It has been turned into a mass vaccination center..

So far about 13+ million people in the UK have been vaccinated and our beloved country is fighting over who paid for paltry 1M vaccines for a population of roughly 150M people. God help us!

Just a quick correction: According to multiple official sources including the UN Nigeria population is estimated to be 205 million people( just estimates as nobody not even NPC or NBC knows the actual Nigerian population,if so, just tell me how such a country could address its challenges when it dont have data on the exact number of inhabitants living in its territory?).

1 Like

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 6:15pm On Feb 14, 2021
Limassol:

Just a quick correction: According to multiple official sources including the UN Nigeria population is estimated to be 205 million people( just estimates as nobody not even NPC or NBC knows the actual Nigerian population,if so, just tell me how such a country could address its challenges when it dont have data on the exact number of inhabitants living in its territory?).
Corrected 206M to 1M vaccines, a drop in the ocean. It is sad indeed.

Interestingly, the population of the UK according to Worldometer stands at 68,107,747 today but the UK has ordered 407 million doses of seven of the most promising vaccines - three of which have so far been approved for use. (BBC)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 6:22pm On Feb 14, 2021
Sights of Fort Kinnaird, the second largest retail park in the UK..

2 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 6:26pm On Feb 14, 2021
No sound..

Bus stop in the distance..

2 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 6:31pm On Feb 14, 2021
Children are not left out..

Remember Five guys?

No more cinema, just Netflix n Chill or 'ITV Hub n Rub' wink

TGIFridays

2 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 6:38pm On Feb 14, 2021
Guy picking his microwave from Currys
Second man going for his

Tui, travel agency with own flight, negatively impacted by the pandemic

Argos, click and collect

2 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 6:41pm On Feb 14, 2021
Name says it all..

Big big space..

2 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 6:49pm On Feb 14, 2021
Fort Kinnaird has 3 anchor tenants..
Marks and Spencer, Primark and Next..

So a Google search of anchor tenant shows:
An anchor tenant is a considerably larger tenant in a shopping mall, often a department store or retail chain.
With their broad appeal, they are intended to attract a significant cross-section of the shopping public to the center.

They are often offered steep discounts on rent in exchange for signing long-term leases in order to provide steady cash flows for the mall owners".

Forgot to snap Next

3 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 6:52pm On Feb 14, 2021
A Walk in the Park.. sounds like a novel cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 6:54pm On Feb 14, 2021
A wee bit of fresh air needed

4 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 6:57pm On Feb 14, 2021
See that woman waiting for her dog to come back to her but the yeye dog is busy sniffing somebody. Then the dog in the 3rd frame came to see what the hell was going on there cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (51) (Reply)

General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY / Top 10 Areas In The Usa With The Most Nigerian Population. / The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.