Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Igbo Landing: Blood And Water (Part 4: The Great Purge) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Igbo Landing: Blood And Water (Part 4: The Great Purge) (495 Views)

Igbo Landing: Blood And Water (Part 2) / Igbo Landing: Blood And Water (Part 1) / Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Landing: Blood And Water (Part 4: The Great Purge) by Sezioha(m): 4:09am On May 23, 2019
How the chance came to take our freedom back seemed like the works of our Chi. The sea winds blew and the delight was great as we hacked our captors to death. Some jumped into the blue unending sea in a bid to save their lives.

The vessel was ours but none knew how to control it. It was the part of the plan no one had thought about so we allowed the vessel roll with the wind until we got to the Dunbar Creek.

Father sighted the white men from afar. Reality hit us with a shard of its brokenness. It dawned on us that our fight was far from over. No one knew how to wield the shooting sticks—we only knew hand combat and it was no match for their sophisticated weapons.

He turned to us all and began the water song “Orimili Omambala bu anyi bia, Orimili Omambala ka anyị ga-eji la (Omambala River brought us hither and it will carry us home.” Father looked at me straight in the face, eyes unblinking and that instant, I knew what was expected of me. I wore no fear but the full regalia of defiance and strong will. He smiled and one after the other we plunged into the sleek creek, all chanting same.

Read more:

https://www.thezenpens.com/2019/05/23/igbo-landing-blood-and-water-part-4-the-great-purge/

Re: Igbo Landing: Blood And Water (Part 4: The Great Purge) by Shinjitsu: 5:37am On May 23, 2019
Igbos Are the Most Brilliant Black African
Re: Igbo Landing: Blood And Water (Part 4: The Great Purge) by Sezioha(m): 12:29pm On May 23, 2019
Indeed they're important. That's why this story tells about their woes at the hands of the slave traders.

Shinjitsu:
Igbos Are the Most Brilliant Black African

(1) (Reply)

Short Story: The Poor Hero – You Will Love This Story! / Kunmbi Coates Investigates (series) - Bunmi Oyinsan /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.