Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,442 members, 7,808,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban (18471 Views)

Facilitate All Kinds Of Business Transactions With Our Cash Backed Instrument 10 / Win A Trip To Dubai; Get Cash Back For Transactions With Your Firstbank Cards / Tax Implications Of Transactions With Foreign Entities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by kiyosaki1(m): 8:27am On May 23, 2019
Japan's Panasonic said it was halting business with Huawei to comply with US restrictions.

Panasonic said the ban applies to goods having 25% or more of US-originated materials, according to reports.

However, there was some confusion about Panasonic's position when, later in the day, its Chinese website said the firm would continue to supply Huawei.

Last week the US put Huawei on a list of companies that American firms cannot trade with unless they have a licence.

The restrictions mark an escalation in US efforts to block Huawei, which it says poses a security risk.

Trump declares emergency over IT threatsThe storm over HuaweiThe next US-China battleground

"Panasonic announced in [an] internal notification that it should suspend transactions with Huawei and its 68 affiliates that were banned by the US government," the firm said in a statement provided to the BBC.

Later on Thursday, Panasonic appeared to contradict that position with a statement posted on its China website that said the Japanese company was continuing to supply Huawei.

Panasonic did not immediately respond to BBC requests for clarity.

It was also not clear what transactions Panasonic was suspending, or why they were subject to US restrictions.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-48375411
Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by kiyosaki1(m): 8:28am On May 23, 2019
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by Nobody: 8:37am On May 23, 2019

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by lawnreigh(m): 8:37am On May 23, 2019
Multiplier effect of US ban on Huawei, America leads and others follow. I laugh when this kids says America will loos in all this. You think the American tink tank wouldnt have looked into the pros and cons before taking such decision.

For those of you that will be trying to make America look bad because of this. I want you to know that China bans all American Giants like Google, Gmail etc. Its high time America stand up to these Chinese Manipulators, America made them buy moving factories there due to cheap labour. They force tech transfer on companies and copied the rest and later became powerful and coming back to rival America. The US alliance is strong and all its allies will follow suit. I studied in China so I know what I'm saying. May God continue to bless America.

115 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:37am On May 23, 2019
Panasonic has joined also?!
That means they joined Google, Intel, Qualcomm and Lumentum among the leading companies to turn their backs on Huawei in what is beginning to shape up as a tech cold war between the US and China.
We will see how this will end.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by NotBeenPaid: 8:38am On May 23, 2019
Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by Ekakamba: 8:38am On May 23, 2019
You were there in spirit and here in body. grin tongue
BuhariIsBURIED:
I was in Panasonic office last week here angry

[img]https://collegefangirl101.files./2016/02/the-hunger-games-scared.gif?w=656[/img]

18 Likes

Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by ArmaniUhuru: 8:38am On May 23, 2019
Nothing enter my bank account, nothing comot.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by nijabazaar: 8:38am On May 23, 2019
Chai....Huawei might close down.

When the US wants you down....you will be down under.

I think at this very moment there is norrin China will do.

i would have suggest China shutting down Dell, Hp and Apple factories in their domain but then it will also affect them immensely.
Chinese stocks all over the world are already crashing.

but then, it serves China right. No one has a right to steal intellectual property.

China via Zte and Huawei manufactured equipments and still install data stealing sensors and chips within each equipment.

and at it stands now, no chip company will want to work with Huawei.

Huawei needs to buy Cattle for Trump cos if they appear 'i dont care' He will mess them up further.

Trump is like Tonto. when They Rave mad, they rave madder.

And Huawei really makes wonderful phones. their Dew Drop display tech is so immensely lucid, with crushing blacks and fulfilling reds.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by Petersamuel8(m): 8:38am On May 23, 2019
who cares?

Like for China and Huawei
Share for US and Panasonic

19 Likes 63 Shares

Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by Chinashopping84: 8:39am On May 23, 2019
Wow.., a very big blow to the huawei family.hope they can bounce back
Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by TheTourist: 8:39am On May 23, 2019
TRUMP PLAYING HIS TRUMP CARD AS ALWAYS
Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by apesinola001: 8:39am On May 23, 2019
Interesting grin grin grin grin grin >: grin(
Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by Nobody: 8:39am On May 23, 2019
Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by Monimatic(m): 8:39am On May 23, 2019
grin
China will soon send high powered delegation to beg Trump
Chinese stocks across Europe have all crashed

32 Likes

Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by Emmzy201(m): 8:40am On May 23, 2019
I trust china
They will cut ties with many US companies in their country

7 Likes

Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by Yoshy: 8:41am On May 23, 2019
I knew it, it's not a trade war, it's a cyber warfare ish

2 Likes

Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by Nobody: 8:41am On May 23, 2019
TheTourist:
TRUMP PLAYING HIS TRUMP CARD AS ALWAYS
Female account with male pinshure.. is your brain paining you?

8 Likes

Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by Monimatic(m): 8:41am On May 23, 2019
Emmzy201:
I trust china
They will cut ties with many US companies in their country

grin grin grin
U are a learner in world Economics
Go back and study Economics before u type thrash
Chinese stock have already crashed across the world, Google it out
Chinese firms are already being blacklisted across Europe, United states, south east Asia, Australia, Canada
China is already thinking of meeting Trump demands

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by chloride6: 8:41am On May 23, 2019
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by Nobody: 8:41am On May 23, 2019

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by aragon4realz(m): 8:42am On May 23, 2019
na wa oh

Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by fiercehillz(m): 8:42am On May 23, 2019
Huawei just they give America headache up and down... It clearly shows how big huawei has become now.

3 Likes

Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by BabaIbo: 8:42am On May 23, 2019
This is getting serious
Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by Topmaike007(m): 8:42am On May 23, 2019
All this American birches hurting their fellow Asian brother,I just pity Huawei,I know everything will be better it's just a matter of time and I know all this people will regret it.

1 Like

Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by sirfemoz(m): 8:43am On May 23, 2019
Even Panasonic, kwa? Chai! Huawei don suffer..
Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by grandstar(m): 8:43am On May 23, 2019
Things are getting worse for Huawei. I thought it would only be US companies complying. More companies will join.

My worry now is that the US may blacklist more Chnese companies. This would adversely affect the Chinese economy.

Worse, I suspect this blacklisting has support in Asia. Taiwan will be jubilant. China has been trying to eat Taiwans lunch for instance. It's muscling in in areas where Taiwan has comparative advantage by encouraging Chinese companies to manufacture those items in China. Left to the market to determine, China should be importing. This is adversely affecting Taiwans economy.

9 Likes

Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by Centrallock: 8:44am On May 23, 2019
No matter how hard US tries they can never enslave China
Us tec companies are just stealing ideas, buying any competitive ideas, why are they so afraid of competition and rivalry since they are claiming on being the best.
Modernize stupidity i balme some companies total dependcy on them.
This war they just kicked on will backfire them in one way or another, Android can't rule for ever so thanks to them for giving way for a new OS should huawei and China make a better OS they will forever cush that decision
I stand with huawei
All those quoting my post with no reasonable point than insult, trust me its never necessary.
Usa is not as powerful as you think, 90% of usa tech gurus are Indians and China, these guys are just after buying your ideas and any competitive rivalry to oppose thier dominace, we on tech issues forget about their war history and remove allies from USA and see how empty they will become. Alot of you guys are deceived with the name USA and power

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by Nobody: 8:45am On May 23, 2019
Ekakamba:
grin tongue
Why laughing.. you think I'm joking?
Re: Panasonic 'suspends Transactions' With Huawei After US Ban by osuofia2(m): 8:45am On May 23, 2019
Dunno why I no like chinko.... Greedy bastadadss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Naira Unification: Forex Inflow Rises By 28% To $1.41bn / Filling Station Sealed Over Non-compliance Of New Petrol Price / Top 17 Ways On How To Start And Run A Successful Bar Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.