Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,975 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Soyinka Supports Obasanjo On The 'fulanisation' Agenda Of The Buhari Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Supports Obasanjo On The 'fulanisation' Agenda Of The Buhari Government (698 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo On A Private Tour Of Ibom Tower Building.. Photos / Lauretta Onochie Tackles Obasanjo On Fulanisation Claim / FFK I Am Glad Obasanjo & Soyinka Know Fulanisation Of Nigeria Agenda Is Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka Supports Obasanjo On The 'fulanisation' Agenda Of The Buhari Government by Shikini: 8:49am On May 23, 2019
By Olayinka Ajayi

NOBEL Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka, has berated the Federal Government for attacking former President Olusegun Obasanjo over the latter’s comments that Boko Haram insurgency and herdsmen crisis had become an agenda to ‘Fulanise’ West Africa and ‘Islamise’ Africa.

Obasanjo made the comment on Saturday in Delta State while the Federal Government, in a statement by Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, on Tuesday, lampooned Obasanjo, saying he was seeking to divide Nigeria in his old age.

However, Soyinka flayed the Federal Government for ignoring the call for collaborative efforts to combat insecurity as suggested by Obasanjo.

Soyinka spoke at the United Bank for Africa, UBA, symposium, tagged: “Africa’s history redefined: Our past, a path to the future.’’

Soyinka, whose relationship with Obasanjo is far from cordial, said with collaboration, “unity is possible even in the plurality of our languages.”

He said: “However, everybody knows that my relationship with Obasanjo is not too cordial but at the same time, we should be very careful not to be dismissive. If there is a substance, the language must be put aside for a moment.

“I heard the Minister of Information, and I had the feeling that they are leaving aside the substance and worrying too much about the language. Obasanjo was calling for a meeting of stakeholders on a very serious aspect of social menace this country is under going.

“This country is under going a horrendous descent into the abyss. The perfect picture of Africa is what we must continue to uphold in view as leaders have used the word ‘unity’ to destroy our people.

“The issue of Boko Haram is currently being discussed in the House of parliament in England in relation to Africa’s well-being.’’

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/05/fulanisation-agenda-soyinka-backs-obasanjo-berates-fg/?amp

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Supports Obasanjo On The 'fulanisation' Agenda Of The Buhari Government by saint4larin(m): 8:53am On May 23, 2019
I can see the white hair on your head is not for nothing
Re: Soyinka Supports Obasanjo On The 'fulanisation' Agenda Of The Buhari Government by Bmaster(m): 9:00am On May 23, 2019
I couldn't comprehend this whole paragraph. i will comment later, but first i need to read it again
Re: Soyinka Supports Obasanjo On The 'fulanisation' Agenda Of The Buhari Government by Adeoludt(m): 9:00am On May 23, 2019
this country...
Re: Soyinka Supports Obasanjo On The 'fulanisation' Agenda Of The Buhari Government by Shikini: 9:03am On May 23, 2019
Aw

Re: Soyinka Supports Obasanjo On The 'fulanisation' Agenda Of The Buhari Government by krissconnect(m): 9:08am On May 23, 2019
Only a nepotistic fool and bigot will disagree with this
Re: Soyinka Supports Obasanjo On The 'fulanisation' Agenda Of The Buhari Government by fukushaki(m): 9:20am On May 23, 2019
angry
Re: Soyinka Supports Obasanjo On The 'fulanisation' Agenda Of The Buhari Government by LuciferQuran: 9:22am On May 23, 2019
BMC crew will avoid this thread now.
The same cattle that hails Soyinka whenever he blasts OBJ are currently at a crossroads because they do not use their brains to assess any development.

They are told what to do and they obey without reason.

That's why we affectionately call them zombies. kiss

One even made moderator.

*spits angry

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Supports Obasanjo On The 'fulanisation' Agenda Of The Buhari Government by Shikini: 10:19am On May 23, 2019
krissconnect:
Only a nepotistic fool and bigot will disagree with this

I dey tell you

(1) (Reply)

No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years / 'i'm On My Knees, Negotiate With Boko Haram' - Jonathan's Ex-aide Begs Buhari / Nigeria Was Not This Terrible Under PDP Government –Babatope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.