Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

The Day He Died - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Day He Died (5321 Views)

'Poet Who Died By His Poem' - Godspower Oshodin Launches Book In Dubai / In Biafra Africa Died By Emefiena Ezeani - PDF Download / The Day He Said It Was Over... I Cried��� (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Day He Died by Devilpen(m): 4:45pm On May 25, 2019
---
Pa chucks tried keeping his calm, never in his life had been to an herbalist shrine, this day marked his first, he focused on the herbalist who was probably in his late seventies, he looked too fetish what pa chucks had imagined, his eyes brow was painted with white chalk, while his lips revealed his thick brown teeth, on him was plain red cloth that freely sweeped the floor as he walked about his shrine, with incantation that were strange to Pa chucks.
"When will he be through " pa chucks asked Emeagwali who was comfortable with lots of confidence in him.
Emeagwali gave Pa chucks a very annoying look and blinked his eyes repeatedly with grinning face
"My son, give me the boy's picture " the herbalist demanded.
Emeagwali wasted no time in putting his hand inside his trouser, and uncomfortably he squeezed out the picture and handed it over.
"Hmmmmmm, great ones, my ancestral mothers, do not shame, Emeka, I invoke your spirit, wherever you are, you should answer me with haste, the wind does not hesistate to blow, the sun knows it's daily duty and must not wary, Emeka oo, Emeka oo, Emeka ooo" the herbalist shouted shaking the horsetail with him in front of a water filled calabash.
"Is this him? " The herbalist asked confused, the image that appeared was different from the picture.
Emeagwali peeped into the calabash, and frowned.
"is like I know, kill him too"
GBUUUAAAA the calabash exploded throwing both the herbalist and Emeagwali away, thick white smoke, slowly rised from where the calabash had exploded and dispersed slowly revealing a figure before them.
"After taking all he has, you still.. Good gods " Remi said and in an instance he was facing the herbalist, and CRACCCKK, Remi broke all his left ribs and zoomed towards Emeagwali, and raised him in mid air with one hand, he brought Emeagwali to his face level and stared deeper into his eyes, as his eyes brightly glowed white, it became unbearable for Emeagwali hence he lost his eye sight.
"Amadioha, please save me, please spare my life, heee, my eyes o, I no dey see again o" Emeagwali screamed and Remi dropped him to the ground.
All these while pa Chucks was unable to move, like his bones had denied him the ability to run.
Remi floated in mid air and slowly advanced towards him. Pa chucks moved back a little an shook his head slowly, with muffled sound, Remi stopped some inches away from him and SWOOOSSHHH, Remi like the force of a rocket and speed of light, he bolted out of the shrine.
---
---

Tbc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Day He Died by Ann2012(f): 5:16pm On May 25, 2019
grin
Re: The Day He Died by daddio(m): 6:50pm On May 25, 2019
Mielekcezylil:
Nice work devilpen. abeg @daddio no finish the meat oh, i dey come with palm wine

Meat plenty bros, even sef I go order for zobo and kunu mak we dey jolly dey read.

Devilpen, abeg con serve us tori o.
Re: The Day He Died by Mielekcezylil(m): 8:10pm On May 25, 2019
daddio:

Meat plenty bros, even sef I go order for zobo and kunu mak we dey jolly dey read.

Devilpen, abeg con serve us tori o.
U legit bro . 2nyt go make sense.

1 Like

Re: The Day He Died by Mielekcezylil(m): 8:14pm On May 25, 2019
@Devilpen i dey enjoy u wella, jah bless you
Re: The Day He Died by skubido(m): 8:34pm On May 25, 2019
Devilpen:

LightQueen
Temmmitope
Mielekcezylil
adetkid
skubido
donielord
Ann2012
Skubido
Daddio
Hamid7
Germaphobe
E aff land o

Present ooo,

I dey your back ooo
Re: The Day He Died by germaphobe(m): 8:38pm On May 25, 2019
baddest boss man, ride on i dey follow jejely
Re: The Day He Died by Devilpen(m): 9:56pm On May 25, 2019
Seven days had swiftly gone by, without Emeka setting his eyes on Remi, he knew he shouldn't have gone past his boundaries of words, and now food supply had already run out, another challenge Emeka faced was walking in public, they already thought he was dead, what he needed was hidden identity till everything settles.
His stomach rumbled, making him uncomfortable, he had no other option than to go out and gather food supply, since he still had enough money to see him through
He grabbed the red hood shirt from where he kept it and went out through the back door of the building.
Walking amongst people, Emeka lowered his head, allowing the hood to cover his face completely.
----
----
Oluchi stood on her feet, the joy on her face almost made it impossible for other family members to think she was mad.
"Young lady tell us why you called us here" Pa Chucks shouted angrily.
Oluchi looked and hissed at him.
"So it has finally gotten to that extent" Pa chucks said. "Emeagwali you see what you caused"
"chucks,at least even in this my condition, you still have the guts to shout"
"Anyways, I want to inform you all that Emeka is not dead and I saw him today and also took his picture " Oluchi said and dropped what seemed like bomb on them.
"What happened to Emeagwali at the shrine last week, says otherwise o" Pa Chucks said.
"Take and see" Oluchi said and stuffed her phone into pa chucks hand, who carefully went through the picture of a hooded man.
"Chimmmoooo " Pa chucks stressed and placed his hands on his head,
"What next? "Emeagwali asked.
"As you see me so ehn, me na smart Anambra babe, I don arrange im death
, I made sure I tailed him, and know where he stays, I already sent hire killers to him, he is going to die again" Oluchi said and smiled at her masters.
Tbc

2 Likes

Re: The Day He Died by daddio(m): 10:26pm On May 25, 2019
Na me go kill Oluchi if de guy no die.
Re: The Day He Died by Hardes(m): 11:26pm On May 25, 2019
This oluchi ehn
Re: The Day He Died by Devilpen(m): 7:55am On May 26, 2019
----
----
Emeka sighed, feeling troubled, he looked at the wall clock, thirty minutes past eight, once again he had found himself lonely, sluggishly, he advanced to the door Th at led to the kitchen and began preparing what to eat, from the polythene bag he brought he retrived two onions and a tomato paste, he didn't waste time in putting a pot on fire and rinsed two cup of rice into it and began preparing the tomato and pepper in another bowl.
A sound came from the fight ground, drawing Emeka's attention, thinking Remi was back, he wiped his hands and walked out of the kitchen.
"Remi" He called out, standing next to a lamp, that illuminated the room. Emeka shrugged his shoulder, maybe it was just a sound, Emeka frustratingly squatted and his heart jumped, hearing a loud bang from behind, right in front of him, a tiny hole was bored into the wall, he looked back and saw a masked man, pointing a gun. Emeka quickly understood, if he had not squatted, the bullet was aiming for his head. He quickly dashed behind the shelf where the swords laid and reached for his sword.
The masked man, fired repeatedly at the shelf, probably hoping one would mark his target.
"CLIICKK...CLIKCKK " was the sound that came next from his gun.
Emeka noticed and quickly grabbed the opportunity, he ran out from his hiding and quickly used the butt of the sword to hit the masked man on the face, he withdrew the sword from its sheath and slashed towards the man's leg, who quickly moved his right leg backward, luckily he only got a little and minor slash from the sword.
He rammed his legs on Emeka's chest, as Emeka staggered he quickly rushed him and forcefully pushed Emeka to the ground, the man now noticed his gun was no longer with him, and it was too dark and risky to start looking for it, hence he grabbed a dagger from the shelf. And knelt over Emeka, he slowly moved the dagger tohis neck.
"You this little demon " he said and smacked Emeka on the face.
Emeka head titled sideway from the heavy hit of the slap, and about three inches from his right hand, he saw his sword. He groaned with muffled sound, and struggled to reach his sword, from where he laid.
The Man raised hthe dagger up and drive it towards Emeka's neck.
AHHHHHH Emeka screamed and SLASSHHHH he slit the man's head, and blood gushed at his face. Emeka laid there panting heavily and then stood up, he got the second sword and ran outside the building.
Getting outside he noticed a strange vehicle that slowly followed behind him, and he quickly picked up pace and began to run.
Tbc

3 Likes

Re: The Day He Died by daddio(m): 9:26am On May 26, 2019
Thanks Op
Re: The Day He Died by skubido(m): 4:30pm On May 26, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: The Day He Died by Devilpen(m): 7:37pm On May 26, 2019
Emeka walked into a carnival ground, knowing they won't be able to trail him with the car and he had advantage over them.
He made sure he also had eyes on them as they alighted the car and followed him into the carnival ground. One by one he was to make sure he killed them in the congested crowd.
His hood suddenly came off, before he could put it back, his face met with a girl's own and she suddenly screamed loud.
AAAAAAARRRGGGG!!! amidst the noise everyone got caught by her scream.
"GHOOOSSST" The lady screamed and in an instant, the word quickly spread and without seeing who the ghost was, they all took to their heels, colliding against each other.
"Oh god, o god, Remi where are you? " Emeka said panicking
Soon the ground was cleared, the only sound was that of Olamide's Eniduro music coming from the stereo.
Emeka Now faced three huge men, he removed his swords from the sheath and and waved it at them, trying to scare them offin response they didnt hesistate to bring out their gun..
Just then they heard the blaring of siren from afar .
"Sniper, fast fast" one of them said to the one that held the gun.
Emeka knew he was done for, the only saving grace he had was Remi, and he was no where to be found.
The Man with the gun pulled the trigger, and expected Emeka to be dead, surprised he shot again, still Emeka was still unhurt. Emeka opened his eyes wide surprised also. He then smiled knowing Remi was involved. He swayed his sword and dashed towards them.
The Man continued to shoot repeated and slowly they backed up, trying to run. Emeka screamed jumped on the man with the gun, bringing him down, he drove both swords into his eye socket and gallantly stood up.
Just then, he realized the others had escaped, now leaving him face to face with almost a dozen police and beside him was a dead body. Emeka could swear he didn't hear the sirens, he was only filled with anger and revenge
Emeka walked back slowly and made an attempt to run.
"One more step and we wont hesistate to fire" A voice came over the mega phone.
Emeka expected whatever saved him before should do it again, he was pinned to the ground and got handcuffed from behind.
---
---
Tbc

3 Likes

Re: The Day He Died by Mielekcezylil(m): 11:06am On May 27, 2019
Kudos Devilpen
Re: The Day He Died by Ann2012(f): 11:29am On May 27, 2019
Well done OP
Re: The Day He Died by Devilpen(m): 9:37pm On May 27, 2019
Emeka looked dumb, didnt know where to start from, he struggled with the handcuff that made his hands uncomfortable and settled again, all what he know felt was depression. The metallic door to the investigation room, where he was held prisoner, slowly came open, at first he moved his face to the opposite direction, hearing who spoke, his attention was drawn.
"Hey" Oluchi said and smiled mischeiviously before sitting on the chair that was separated by the table in front of Emeka.
"What do you want? "
"You know at first, I thought it was on useless ghost, but when I saw you in the market, I felt blessed" Oluchi said and relaxed
"Get out" Emeka said weakly
"Well, I have only come to tell you things, am sure you won't be surviving this time, you are now a murderer, anyways, send my farewell message to your father in hell, tell him his first love sends him greetings and in his next life, he will never break a woman's heart" Oluchi said and stood up.
"You have just seven days to clear your belonging, cause you will be the one joining him" Emeka said and smiled.
"What assurance, do you have of getting out of here? "
Emeka stocked out his tongu at Oluchi and smiled with the corner of his mouth, he was only hopeful, he knew deep down, he was not going to make it, even if the country's system was not corrupt. With all connection he knew Oluchi had, he wasn't going to make it.
------
------
The voice continued to ring in Emeka's head, as hot stream of tears rolled down his face
"I hereby find the accused guilty of murder and related crimes and is hereby sentenced to death by hanging"
Where was Remi, why did Remi saved him at the carnival ground and now abandoned him, or was he making him suffer for his hurtful words.
Emeka was forcefully pushed into the armored vehicle, which had just one window for ventilation, with two police guard with him, he silently said his last prayers as he awaited horrible death to come his way. He still had lot of people to kill, starting from PA chucks, Emeagwali, the barrister, the chief judge who was newly added to the list, and Oluchi, the thought of them having their cake only bothered his heart.
They all jerked forward, as the vehicle suddenly came to a halt, one of the policeman angrily banged on the inner body of the vehicle
"What's the problem of driving carefully"
The policemen paid attention to the noise that came from outside, and knew they were under attack.
"Hold that boy, put gun for im head, I sure say na im dey find come" One said and made to open the door.
Immediately he laid his hand on the lock, the door suddenly tore away, flying great distance away from the truck. The policeman that attempted to open the door, suddenly flew off, and smashed against the windscreen of the car behind. The gun on the hand of the other police man, suddenly melted and he threw it off and suddenly went unconscious, after an unforeseen force, smacked his head against the vehicle
The cuffs on Emeka's hand suddenly shattered, making him move backward with his bottom. He was certain someone or something was in front of him. And suddenly he could see his sword and a note beside it. Emeka quickly grabbed his swords and opened the note.
"Retrive what is yours and join our team",he read our slowly,
He pulled the body of the police man down and hurried to he driver seat of the vehicle, his first destination was to go back to the court, where he had been wrongfully judged.

Tbc

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Day He Died by daddio(m): 10:47pm On May 27, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: The Day He Died by Hardes(m): 12:04am On May 28, 2019
��
Re: The Day He Died by Devilpen(m): 2:03am On May 28, 2019
all of u, that celebrated children's day, one way or the other should kindly come and contribute what you remained here o.
Re: The Day He Died by Hamid7(m): 9:10am On May 28, 2019
"Retrieve what is yours and join our team" Is this an invitation from Remi?
Good work, Devilpen.
Re: The Day He Died by Devilpen(m): 12:27pm On May 28, 2019
The vehicle drove recklessly into the court driveway, without heeding to the sign of the gate man to stop, Emeka stepped on the acceleration pedal and made for the gate, the gate man quickly dived to safety, as Emeka crashed down the gate. He halted the vehicle, and moved the gear, and collided with the vehicle directly in front. He alighted and with both swords in his hands he walked intobthe court room.
"Young man" a police man said and quickly ran to prevent Emeka from entering, while the judge listened to defending of the Case before him
Emeka didn't wait for the police man to say anything else, he ran at him and used the butt of his sword to hit the man on his head which immediately made him unconscious. Seeing what happened, the court room, went up in confusion, another policeman, bringing out his baton, started it at Emeka, who dodged it and used the butt of the swords to hit his stomach, he quickly advanced and dragged the policeman to the ground and smashed him on the face with his boot, which also sent the policeman unconscious, Emeka walked among the confused crowd who were eager to know what happened .
"Somebody should stop him" The judged shouted and banged the table.
Outside the building, in less than twenty minutes, the surrounding was already filled with reporters from different stations and a full police squad.
Emma walked up towards the judge chamber and slapped him on the face
"I slap at the face of corruption" Emeka said and hit him in the chin with the butt of the gun
"You I remember you, Emeka the billionaire son"
Emeka smacked him again and spoke
"How much did she bribed you? " Emeka asked and drove his sword into the lap of the judge.
"Aaaahhhhhh" the court went in uproar, as Emeka drove the sword into his leg.
"I know my right and you have no godd.. "
Emeka did not let him finish his statement, before he drove another one even deeper
"Ahhhhhhhh, pity me, I will confess" the judge shouted.
Emeka pulled him to the floor and dragged him outside the court by the gown he wore, and raised his up to speak, meanwhile the reporters were already set live to give report. Almost all television station now aired the incident.
"Talk" Emeka said and smacked him again.
"Your hands in.... " The megaphone suddenly stopped talking.
"Wait this boy is up to something, something we don't know, let him finish his business " a policeman said to the one with the megaphone
"Kill him na " the judge shouted and immediately Emeka slashed his tendon, making his right leg temporary useless.
"Three million naira, she gave me three million naira to sentence you to death, and extra one million naira, to make the case in her favour" The judge shouted and covered his face in shame, as the reporters now had the confidence to move closer.

Tbc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Day He Died by Devilpen(m): 7:07pm On May 28, 2019
----
News Flash: New Justice Vigilante in town, young billionaire son’s finds the only way to redeem h is family
News Flash: Wrong or Right, what does the society has to say
----
---
Emeka entered in to the taekwondo building, where he met, Remi mopping the blood on the floor and the one on the wall, he raised his head, seeing Emeka walking forward, he threw the mob to the ground and walked closer to him
“Thanks for saving me, today and yesterday” Emeka said and hugged Remi tightly.
“Huh, I didn’t do anything, and I have not been around since the day I hurt you” Remi said and freed himself from Emeka’s tight grip.
“Huh, what about this letter?” Emeka asked confused and showed Remi the letter. “And you mean you weren’t the one that ambushed the vehicle on the highway?”
“No, I was thinking of making a grand entry when you are about to be hanged, sorry about that” Remi said and sighed after reading the letter.
“What?, do you know anything about it?”
“Yes” Remi replied and threw the paper into the dustbin that laid some few meters away from them.
“Who are they, or who is it?” Emeka asked curiously.
“Leviathans” Remi finally replied, “After I hurt you, I had to find someone to use my anger on, and they were the ones perfect for that” Remi said and continued, seeing Emeka wanted more explanations
“You have not heard of them, because they are not yet in full power, its and underground society, they work for politicians, drug lords, mafias, and every top secret evil organization in this country, and I have taken responsibility to bring them down myself” Remi said and picked up the mop and continued to mop the ground
“Sooooo”
“There is a lot you don’t know”
“By the way, the police just agreed to bring the remaining family into trial about my father’s death” Emeka said and smiled.
“Am sorry to dash your hope, they see you as a potential threat to business and the only way to stop is to put dead hope in you, the police won’t do anything, you know how this country is, matters die down quickly”
---
---

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Day He Died by Devilpen(m): 7:27pm On May 28, 2019
---
Pa chucks breathed heavily, panting, he knew his days were near and seemed nothing could stop it, Emeagwali on the other hand even in his blind state was still a master planner. While the wait and didn’t find the gut to speak to themselves, Oluchi finally spoke
“Inspector, the day Emeka died, we did a befitting burial for him, I think this person is just an imposter, we saw Emeka body went down into the pit on that fateful day” Oluchi spoke with boldness in her.
“Yes I personally got the body from the hospital that day” Pa Chucks said in support of what Oluchi said.
The Inspector carefully jotted down things on his small note pad
“How come, the judge confessed, you bribed him, this issue is getting tangled, and we need your cooperation to solve things out, the judge said you bribed him, which points out that, you faked Mr. Emeka’s death and we have an anonymous source that reported that he was the one who retrieved Mr. Emeka’s body from where you dumped him and treated him back to life”
“Well, only if they have what to prove it with” Emegwali said
“It’s totally out of profession, but we have video and evidence of that night” the inspector said and stood up to take his leave.
Oluchi froze where She sat and began sweating uncontrollably
“Officer, lets settle this thing, how much do you need” Oluchi said and placed her hands on the inspector’s chest.
“Am sorry, and to let you know, you are now banned from leaving the country” He said and took his leave.
Oluchi sighed and picked up her phone and dialed a number and waited patiently for the other end to receive
“The office that just left, make sure he does not make it back alive, and get rid of every evidence he has against us” Oluchi said and hanged up the call, and smiled before dropping her phone gently on the table.
“Ehhhhnnnnn” Pa Chucks shouted “See ehn, we are just making matters complicated, you see that person that has the video ehn, that boy is a god”
“Shhhh” Oluchi said and walked to Emeagwali, assisting him to the dinning.
----
---

3 Likes

Re: The Day He Died by Devilpen(m): 7:42pm On May 28, 2019
Remi looked at Emeka, with the “I told you” look on his face, the hit of the dead Inspector hit them hard, at last they thought the law could save them, but they were wrong, although they knew who was involved, but no related ties to hook them up with.
“You know I should have listened to you” Emeka said and sat down on the taekwondo mat with his legs crossed into each other.
“Yeah, at least it was worth a try, so what next?” Remi asked
“We do it the traditional way” Emeka said and walked towards where his swords laid and removed one from its sheath admiring it, and then slowly returned it.
“Who is next?”
“Emeagwali, that man is the master planner, kill the king and the kingdom falls” Emeka said and smiled “the last time I saw him at the station, the old man was blind” Emeka said and laughed.
“Which makes it more easier for you” Remi said “Good new, you just made our Taekwondo ground more popular, we already have, 30 people that registered” Remi said and patted Emeka on the shoulder “Let’s go out to drink”

4 Likes

Re: The Day He Died by Mielekcezylil(m): 7:46pm On May 28, 2019
I always fall 4 dis guy work, thumbs up.
Re: The Day He Died by Hardes(m): 12:46am On May 29, 2019
thanks for the update
Re: The Day He Died by Bridgovoks: 9:12am On May 29, 2019
Beautiful work, thanks for the update
Re: The Day He Died by Ann2012(f): 2:31pm On May 29, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: The Day He Died by bossy512(f): 10:17pm On May 29, 2019
Nice update, all because of money, God will help us
Re: The Day He Died by Devilpen(m): 10:38pm On May 29, 2019
----
Oluchi alighted her car and walked some few steps, bringing her face with what looked like an abandoned warehouse,she took another look at the piece of paper with her , certain she was sure of her location she threw the paper away. Fifteen minutes gone,she felt frustrated and retuned to her car.
"Leaving so soon" a feminine voice said right at her former position.
She quickly turned back, feeling relieved on seeing someone she knew.
"I thought you wouldn't show up again" She said and quickly got down to business.
"Here that is him, he has now gotten so powerful" Oluchi said and hands a picture over to the lady.
"What are his powers?"
"He uses swords and he is really good at it,I hope Lavaithan will do a good job,if he continue,then I am done for" Oluchi said and passed another bulky envelope to the girl.
"Thank you for your generosity, I will assign someone to you in case if he comes after you"
---
---
Emeka stood on the fence of his father's house, this was now a place he dared not enter until he settles things, he hated the fact that he was pushed to the wall, those he called family only stood against him, eating from where they had not laboured. He swayed his sword on both hands and placed back his hood. Emeagwali had to pay for him being too smart. Effortlessly Emeka leaped into the compound and ran towards the backyard, knowing fully well his target would be in the visitors room, leaning against the wall,he carefully walked towards the door that led to the kitchen and carefully pulled it down.
Entering the kitchen his next move was to advance upstairs and lay waste,before he could reach for the door that led to the other room,a strong force pulled him to the floor and slided him right at the kitchen cabinet that housed spoons and basic cutleries. Emeka as he slid,quickly used his Hand to guide his head and groaned before standing up.
Right before him was a girl about his age, who was invisible from her waist down. She quickly made advance kick at emeka who used his hands based on instincts to block off the attack. She retreated and went into karate pose as Emeka slowly retrived both swords.
"Let's see if you are man enough" the girl said and formed a punch.
"Mama, you too young to die o,just step away" Emeka replied and nodded his head.
The girl dash at Emeka and suddenly became invisible, Emeka felt a kick on his face, and staggered towards the cabinet and spitted blood. Another kick came at his stomach again , then another on his right leg.
He knew he would only be lucky to win this fight. The girl became visible and smiled and turned into the former,Emeka quickly tightned his grip on his sword and slashed horizontally
"A ahh" the girl screamed and turned visible. Emeka had succeded in running his sword right from her right collar bone down to her stomach.
"I warned you" he said and retuned his sword be for crossing her and advanced towards the door.

Tbc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Day He Died by Mielekcezylil(m): 8:43pm On May 30, 2019
nice work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Along Came A Stranger . / Crystal Of Astrel / Vampire Tale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.