Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Seeking The Great Night In The Month Of Ramadan - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Seeking The Great Night In The Month Of Ramadan (4559 Views)

Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna / Sultan Announces Commencement Of Ramadan 1441AH - 2020 / The Nafilat In The Night Of Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seeking The Great Night In The Month Of Ramadan by Lukgaf(m): 4:56pm On May 23, 2019
What is Laylatul Qadr?

Amongst the many blessings of Ramadan is a precious and special night known as Laylatul Qadr - The Night of Power. This great and powerful night is better than a 1000 months (83 years and 4 months).

This night brings an abundance of mercies, forgiveness, spiritual progress and elevation for a Muslim. It is a night to earn Allah Ta'ala's pleasure and the ultimate prize of Jannah.

Allah Ta'ala says: "The Night of Power is better than a thousand months.” (Quran 97:3)

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Whosoever stands in ibadah – worship on this night, with sincere faith and with genuine hope of gaining reward, his previous sins will be forgiven." (Bukhari and Muslim).

When is Laylatul Qadr?

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "Seek Laylatul Qadr in Ramadan in the last ten nights. Verily, it is during the odd nights, 21st, 23rd, 25th, 27th, 29th or the last night of Ramadan." (Ahmad)

This blessed night is a serene and calm night in which the dawn breaks without any radiant beams of light. It lasts until the break of the dawn.

Aaisha (RA) reports: "I said: 'O Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) should I find myself the "Laylatul Qadr", what shall I pray ? Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) replied: say, “Allaahumma innaka afuwwun tuhibbul afwa fa'fu anni” "O Allah, You are most forgiving, You love forgiveness, so forigve me." (Tirmizi)

Some suggested practices for this night:

Spend as much of this night in the Masjid, in seclusion or in the programmes of the pious. Females may seclude themselves in a quiet corner in their homes.

Recite as much Qur'an as possible, particularly the prescribed surahs and verses.

Perform nafl Salah – Salatut Taubah - Tahajjud Salah - Salatut Tasbeeh etc.

Make abundant zikrullah – different forms of Zikr including durood and duas.

This night is a great opportunity for dua. Beg from Allah to fulfil your needs and the needs of the Ummah both in this world and the hereafter.

Take regular breaks during the night to avoid getting over-exhausted. Try switching between different forms of worship.

Source: Darul Ihsan

3 Likes

Re: Seeking The Great Night In The Month Of Ramadan by FreemanUYB(m): 9:50am On May 24, 2019
hmmmmm
Re: Seeking The Great Night In The Month Of Ramadan by barule: 10:06am On May 24, 2019
Allah
Re: Seeking The Great Night In The Month Of Ramadan by oyinda1599(f): 10:14am On May 24, 2019
Allah swt.... My Rabb...My waali.

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Great Night In The Month Of Ramadan by okonja(m): 10:20am On May 24, 2019
Allahumma innaka `Afuwwun TuHibbul `Afwa Fa`fu `Annii.

'O Allah, you are the Forgiver, You love to forgive, so forgive me.'

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seeking The Great Night In The Month Of Ramadan by AngryLord: 10:32am On May 24, 2019
I remember Sanusi Lamido is always the one searching for the moon. What if he finds it this year but another Emir is not satisfied with it?

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Great Night In The Month Of Ramadan by crazyABO(m): 1:27pm On May 24, 2019
Night of majesty grin cheesy when destiny can be changed and sins erased cool wishes are answered kiss
Re: Seeking The Great Night In The Month Of Ramadan by Niyipo(m): 1:41pm On May 24, 2019
Jazzakumlahi khaeran
Re: Seeking The Great Night In The Month Of Ramadan by IMAliyu(m): 4:44pm On May 24, 2019
AngryLord:
I remember Sanusi Lamido is always the one searching for the moon. What if he finds it this year but another Emir is not satisfied with it?
That is why the Sultan of sokoto (the spiritual leader of (northern) Nigerian Muslims) is the one to announce it. After multiple confirmed reports of moon sighting from different parts of the country.

(1) (Reply)

Tips For Sadaqah (charity) In Islam. / Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? / Imam Abu Hanifah And The Atheist (beautiful Story).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.