Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,846 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

I Need Your Advice - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Need Your Advice (441 Views)

I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. / I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please / PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice by CsRockefeller(m): 10:41pm On May 23, 2019
I am a graduate of Economics and also hold an OND in Business Administration.

Since I came back from service in December, it has been difficult to get a job.

I have been following up on a contract bank job at Uyo for 68k with my OND for some time, at last, I got it but I am having double thoughts.

The offer letter came the same time I just started a small job in Ikoyi for 50k today and still have some interviews coming up especially d NNPC test here in Lagos.

The problem is that, I'm the first son, my Family needs me here, especially my Dad, but I want to go to Uyo and start my life, but I fear using OND to start will limit my chances of growth when I could use my Bsc here in Lagos.

My Family have supported me in my journey for d exams and interviwes in Uyo and Ph but now, they prefer I stay back in Lagos.

I have until friday to respond to the Bank, and I just started a Sales Manager at a fashion store in Ikoyi for 50k.

I have some interviews coming up and I also hope to learn programming and others.

I dont have anyone really in Uyo, so if I go, its like starting life again without my family, I just came back Jos where I did my NYSC.

My question is, What do u think I should do?

Go to Uyo with my OND for 68k?

Or,

Stay in Lagos, start small and look for better jobs with my Bsc. I am 26.

Thank you.

Cc:
davide470
uboma
Re: I Need Your Advice by dingbang(m): 10:48pm On May 23, 2019
What is the name of the bank?
Re: I Need Your Advice by CsRockefeller(m): 10:49pm On May 23, 2019
dingbang:
What is the name of the bank?

Mr Obi's Bank
Re: I Need Your Advice by dingbang(m): 5:29am On May 24, 2019
CsRockefeller:

Mr Obi's Bank
ok. I will advise you take the bank Job. What banks do nowadays is that, after working with them as a contract staff for a number of years, they put forth a conversion program for contract staff to apply and upon successful completion, you get converted into full time. May the lord who always blesses good spirited men, visit you with his blessings, amen.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by mylander(m): 11:53am On May 24, 2019
Hello, the conversion of contract staff to full regular staff in banks is not that common as mentioned above, I was there, in fact, you may not get converted at all throughout your stay in the bank.

I would advise you to take the Sales Manager's job, if it interests you. That will enable you to have some chances to do some other things for personal development and you might have time to attend other tests and interviews.

You may call me if need be.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by mylander(m): 11:59am On May 24, 2019
Hello, the conversion of contract staff to full regular staff in banks is not that common as mentioned above, in fact, you may not get converted at all throughout your stay in the bank.

I would advise you to take the Sales Manager's job, if it interests you. That will enable you to have some chances to do some other things for personal development and you might have time to attend other tests and interviews.

Re: I Need Your Advice by CsRockefeller(m): 12:07pm On May 24, 2019
mylander:
Hello, the conversion of contract staff to full regular staff in banks is not that common as mentioned above, in fact, you may not get converted at all throughout your stay in the bank.

Thank you Sir, same concerns my Family raised.
Re: I Need Your Advice by CsRockefeller(m): 12:08pm On May 24, 2019
dingbang:
ok. I will advise you take the bank Job. What banks do nowadays is that, after working with them as a contract staff for a number of years, they put forth a conversion program for contract staff to apply and upon successful completion, you get converted into full time. May the lord who always blesses good spirited men, visit you with his blessings, amen.

Amen, Thank you.
Re: I Need Your Advice by ParliamentO: 2:24pm On May 24, 2019
Going to Uyo will narrow down your job search option. You will be stuck with the bank job which will most likely not give you time for other things and I believe your chance of getting a job in Uyo is slim.

But if you stay back in Lagos, you can easily secure another job and possibly switch jobs as time goes on.
Re: I Need Your Advice by Growing(m): 7:11pm On May 24, 2019
It is when you are happy, your family will be happy. This is primarily about you so ask yourself what your career goal is and stick to the one that has more opportunities or space for your goal.

It is about you primarily.
Re: I Need Your Advice by CsRockefeller(m): 9:23pm On May 24, 2019
Growing:
It is when you are happy, your family will be happy. This is primarily about you so ask yourself what your career goal is and stick to the one that has more opportunities or space for your goal.

It is about you primarily.

Thank u Sir.
Re: I Need Your Advice by CsRockefeller(m): 9:24pm On May 24, 2019
ParliamentO:
Going to Uyo will narrow down your job search option. You will be stuck with the bank job which will most likely not give you time for other things and I believe your chance of getting a job in Uyo is slim.

But if you stay back in Lagos, you can easily secure another job and possibly switch jobs as time goes on

Thats true.

(1) (Reply)

Sales Associate Job at Nectar Beauty Hub / Factory Worker / Job Opportunities At Pricewaterhousecooper (pwc)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.