Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,700 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. (30969 Views)

My Husband Flirt With Girls Alot Help Me !! / Help: My Younger Brother Disrespects Me Alot / The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Blingblings(m): 4:00pm On May 24, 2019
The only thing you need to do is to make money. Once you hammer now na respect go dey beg you make e respect you
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Butoneday2(m): 4:06pm On May 24, 2019
Men done dey phucvk am? She done dey see different pricks
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by gerizzim: 4:08pm On May 24, 2019
LesbianBoy:
Three things are wrong with you

1. You don't have money

2. There is no mystery about you

3. You don't do thing what your mates do so they underate you. Things like having a girlfriend, drinking beer etc. You will be surprised how this little things bring respect

Diz ur points no hold water. smbdy dt is not well raised nd guided with good morals from d start ends up oozing out mischief, stubbornness nd Oda terrible vices.

Her bad character comes from inside outside. It's in d blood.

Av bin squatting a young man for few yrs nw bt I see unpleasant attitude from him from telling lies to leaving the dishes unwashed frm mor til nite for plate wen me ND him use eat o, he sometimes snub mi nd won't want to greet me gdmor or Bros welcome bk from wrk.

And am d older for huz wen me dey pay rent and squat you. the good hrt wen I get no wan make me kick him out despite him not behaving well.

I had to ignore him. started doing d huz chores myself. I stopped giving him food. He too refuse washing d plates nd me too no send am .

Few days later, wen hungry Don do am strong thing, nobody tell am ,na him use him own hand to start wash d plates even bfor I com bk from wrk.

my advice is dat, don't beat her. Just ignore her nd play solo . Na she go draw herself bk to you if u withdraw dos benefits she is getting from you

FALSE STORY.
grin grin grin grin grin grin[/quote]
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Rozan10: 4:13pm On May 24, 2019
castro316:
My honest advice

I am a first son. As you and have 6 sisters. How do I manage them. Hmm bro it's the grace of God. My prayer is for God to give me all boys because girls are really difficult to cater for esp in their adolescent stage.

It's not the gender. I have a younger brother and since he turned 17 last year and graduated secondary school it's being one stressful, annoying experience after another. The boy is similar to a brick wall. Doesn't listen and will never do what he's supposed to without shouting and fight. Even disrespects my dad too and the man is so calm.

End point is from what I've experienced with him in about a year. I do not think I want kids anymore sef. I see something for that guy hand.

1 Like

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by crunchyg: 4:13pm On May 24, 2019
firstbornson:
Haven't done this before, but I want to know your honest, experienced and well thought out opinions. I'm really depressed but I won't take Snipper (that devil is a liar). If you don't have anything serious and reasonable to say, please, just read comments (I know as e dey be for here, sometimes).

Its quite a long read. Apologies for any grammatical or typographical error encountered.

Here is my story.

My younger sister who is staying with me disrespects me alot, and she doesn't take my advice. My parents stay very far away and I feel responsible for her. It frustrates me whenever I tell her something and she will wait to do it at her own time or not do it at all. She even sometimes abuses me indirectly.

She is 19, came to stay with me last year November, for a Predegree program, after staying at home for two years without admission. After the first semester of her program, her result was released and it was very disappointing. She made 51% in only one course of four courses, while others are below that. To be honest, I felt I failed in my responsibilities of giving her the right counsel, motivating her, and all that. All she does is press her phone all night long, that's if she isn't watching a movie with her phone. She'll sleep and wake up the next morning by 8 or 9am.

Recently, there's this guy who happens to be my late landlord's first son in the compound where we stay that she has been spending too much time with in dark corners and I can tell in my gut that he's up to no good. He doesn't go to work, school, church, nowhere. He just seats at home all day, smoking weed and any other smokable substance he can lay his hands on. Sometimes, his friends come around and they smoke and play PES 2011 on a laptop. Lest I forget, he's also a cultist. He has tried on several occasions to make me a yahoo boy, but I had to consciously refuse.

My apologies for the long read.

About a week ago, this guy asked her to cook indomie for him, and she did, using our gas, without telling me. This got me really up set. I had to take several deep breaths. I calmed down and allowed her finish. After she was done, I asked her to seat down and we started talking. While we were talking, she started responding rudely to me.

This made me hit her for the first time in 19 years (I hate hitting them). To my utmost surprise, she hit me back. That singular act made her receive a very hard beating that she sustained lots of injuries. She immediately called home and my parents where now shouting at me on phone. My dad came the next day and said lots of things. My mom said lots of things on phone which just piss me off the more, called me all sought of names. Said I shouldn't allow the devil that is controlling take me close to my sister.

Right now, I hate all of them. My dad, mum, and sister. If I was financially buoyant enough, I would have moved out of this house. I feel really depressed, being having nightmares and I so much hate the fact that am still living here.

By the way, am male, 24, studying Biochemistry, should have finished my first degree last year but I'm having an extra year (3 spill over courses).

How do I move from here? Advice me.
The best way to make younger ones loyal is to love and care for them more than you correct them, they will naturally have that respect for you but if you don't show them enough love and care and you want to use elder brother hands to make them loyal sometimes its difficult. Go out of your way to do things for them, surprise them with gifts even when they are not respecting you, you will see they will start having a rethink about the way they relate with you and change. But is a gradual process,you have to be patient

1 Like

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by EazyMoh(m): 4:16pm On May 24, 2019
It pains me that I can't pay back my kid bros disrespect. What's more painful is that the same parents that did not assert you as an elder are now pushing the responsibility of the kids on you.
Last time he asked me for money I sent him 3k as a little revenge. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Nathaniel79(m): 4:18pm On May 24, 2019
castro316:
My honest advice

I am a first son. As you and have 6 sisters. How do I manage them. Hmm bro it's the grace of God. My prayer is for God to give me all boys because girls are really difficult to cater for esp in their adolescent stage.

Ignore her completely, act like she does not exist. The reason why she is disrespecting you is because you are giving her too much attention. Do the dishes yourself. Clean your house by yourself. Ask her to raise her legs so that you can sweep the floors. Whenever you see her with her crew of guys don't say a word. Do this for a month she will realize she is On her own. She will start getting scared and start seeking attention else where. When she gets negative attention and see the selfishness of the people she is with, and reality of life sets in she will find her roots. Pls don't interfere with this process because you will ruin everything. They are probably having sex but don't kill yourself. That's life for you. I have a sister though not wayward but she is very stubborn. It took me 4 yrs to bring her to her senses. Now she realizes she needs a brother.

Bringing her to her senses
Maybe after a month or two she may need your opinion about something. Reply her with calmness and never relate it to any of her lifestyles. Its possible you judge her all the time about her lifestyle that's why she disrespects you. Its probably doesn't like the life but don't know how to change so be objective in your communication with her with time she will see you as someone to look up to. Always encourage her to do the good things and reward her when she does them. You may never get her to your side but you will get your respect back. Abi is that not what you always wanted?

By the way when is your birthday and when is hers so that I can couch you better?
You finish work bros. Counselling is definitely one strong gift you have.

1 Like

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Badgers14: 4:19pm On May 24, 2019
Starkid3010:
they will never listen to that (parents)
Those girls know How To manipulate things
They won't even listen to you.... They will only judge...
Guess you cnt understand this

I know where you are coming from but still and yet still the gentleman still have do tell the parents.

Personally, I have been a big advocate of doing what you can within your reach, things you can't control , oh well!!

It is strongly recommended that he tells the parents everything, let it be that that they didn't want to take action because if water pass garri!... no matter how genuine this guy might appear, he will hear nwi from the family and matter of the whole village will turn against him. It is better he start talking before it is too late.
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by PrinceCEE(m): 4:23pm On May 24, 2019
nuelsam:
Well....... It all boils down on how u present yourself to ur siblings...... My elder brother who happens to be the first born of the family commands Respect........ Mehnnn! I respect that Guy forever! He's always there when needed........ He's strict! He's funny! Just name it! He gives us all a level playing field and when shit goes wrong, he always has a way in turning it around........ Op! It depends on how to present ursef to ur siblings tho money commands respect also buh not all times.........my bruv was respected by all even when he had no job.

This happened to be the best piece of advice here.

It all boils down to how you present yourself.

How shîtty is your life?

Maybe, you may want to work on yourself.

Maybe your sister needs help and some pieces of advice, but maybe, she thinks you're not worth advising her. Forget, money ain't everything.

For the fact that your parents were shouting at you, means, that you probably have problems too. Op, please work on yourself.

I'm far from home, I'm a student, I'm the first child, but sometimes, when my younger brother misbehaves at home, my parents always call me, so that I can warn and advise him. I don't beat him, he's 22!, but he respects me because I have earned the respect. Mind you, I'm as broke as anything, he's probably richer than I'm presently, because I lost everything I had to a business. So, work to earn her respect. In all, family is all we got. If I make money in no distant time, my family would enjoy almost everything. I'd give my sisters better education in better schools.

All in all, put your life in order first, before helping her with hers...

Maybe, you've a log of wood in your eyes and you're trying to remove a speck of dust from her eyes.

4 Likes

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Roman7(m): 4:25pm On May 24, 2019
firstbornson:

Thank you. Although, I don't think threatening not to give her money would work here. My parents give us same amount of pocket money.

Your father self dy Bleep up.....why him go dy give una d same amount of money?.....i think the reason she disrespects u is probably cuz ur parents give her support and never set a very clear boundary between u guys.
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Kingjames(m): 4:32pm On May 24, 2019
one indian-hemp smokers has started smooching and penetrating her

watch your back bro
I say watch your back!
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by kaen1317: 4:40pm On May 24, 2019
Mariangeles:
If that is the only way you can earn respect, then it says a lot about your self-esteem undecided
with all your high self esteem, with all your wisdom , If u don't have the money, who will listen to you. If in doubt go open your Bible.

1 Like

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Femi316: 4:40pm On May 24, 2019
firstbornson:
Haven't done this before, but I want to know your honest, experienced and well thought out opinions. I'm really depressed but I won't take Snipper (that devil is a liar). If you don't have anything serious and reasonable to say, please, just read comments (I know as e dey be for here, sometimes).

Its quite a long read. Apologies for any grammatical or typographical error encountered.

Here is my story.

My younger sister who is staying with me disrespects me alot, and she doesn't take my advice. My parents stay very far away and I feel responsible for her. It frustrates me whenever I tell her something and she will wait to do it at her own time or not do it at all. She even sometimes abuses me indirectly.

She is 19, came to stay with me last year November, for a Predegree program, after staying at home for two years without admission. After the first semester of her program, her result was released and it was very disappointing. She made 51% in only one course of four courses, while others are below that. To be honest, I felt I failed in my responsibilities of giving her the right counsel, motivating her, and all that. All she does is press her phone all night long, that's if she isn't watching a movie with her phone. She'll sleep and wake up the next morning by 8 or 9am.

Recently, there's this guy who happens to be my late landlord's first son in the compound where we stay that she has been spending too much time with in dark corners and I can tell in my gut that he's up to no good. He doesn't go to work, school, church, nowhere. He just seats at home all day, smoking weed and any other smokable substance he can lay his hands on. Sometimes, his friends come around and they smoke and play PES 2011 on a laptop. Lest I forget, he's also a cultist. He has tried on several occasions to make me a yahoo boy, but I had to consciously refuse.

About a week ago, this guy asked her to cook indomie for him, and she did, using our gas, without telling me. This got me really up set. I had to take several deep breaths. I calmed down and allowed her finish. After she was done, I asked her to seat down and we started talking. While we were talking, she started responding rudely to me.

This made me hit her for the first time in 19 years (I hate hitting them). To my utmost surprise, she hit me back. That singular act made her receive a very hard beating that she sustained lots of injuries. She immediately called home and my parents where now shouting at me on phone. My dad came the next day and said lots of things. My mom said lots of things on phone which just piss me off the more, called me all sought of names. Said I shouldn't allow the devil that is controlling take me close to my sister.

Right now, I hate all of them. My dad, mum, and sister. If I was financially buoyant enough, I would have moved out of this house. I feel really depressed, being having nightmares and I so much hate the fact that am still living here.

By the way, am male, 24, studying Biochemistry, should have finished my first degree last year but I'm having an extra year (3 spill over courses).

My friend slap better stretch mark on her ear she go get respect.....?
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Aucun(m): 4:44pm On May 24, 2019
firstbornson:

Here is my story.

Guy,

Lemme tell u where u messed up? beating her.

You shouldn't have beat her. Just send her home, tell your parents you can't stay with her. No need beating her bro, everybody grows at their own pace and time.

How can somebody be living with you and be taking away ur peace of mind?

But, you know what? you can't send her home again now. 'Cos you already messed up. So, this last beating you handed her, will stand as a your evidence when things turn sour in her life.

Now, take your mind off her, use that your vex and channel it into your studies. Wake up very early in the morning, every morning, go to a very far place, with enough food & water (preferably a library), and stay and read... all day long... Be drunk with ur book. Come back as drunkards do... 10pm, 11pm... but make sure you are not fooling yourself thinking you are fooling others... Be sincere with yourself.

4 Likes

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Lexusgs430: 4:49pm On May 24, 2019
firstbornson:

Here is my story.

Send her packing or back to your parents.......
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Adekorya: 4:51pm On May 24, 2019
firstbornson:

Here's where the problem is. She's seing you as a failure who has no Success, moral, discipline and intelligent right to control or Mentor her.

Also Your parents must have said some ridiculing word about you in her presence since you didn't graduate with your mate. Here's my advice, ignore her and stop fighting for respect because you ain't gonna get it. Success and distance are all what you need at this moment to gain that respect/honour not violence, age claiming or being authoritative.
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Iseddy: 4:52pm On May 24, 2019
Bros I feel ur pain, am a first born too. I believe ur sister's problem is from ur parents (I mean no offense) & not you. she was over pampered & she keep wrong set of friends. my advice is don't feel depressed, family will always be family but you gat ur life to live. only do ur best for dem... as for ur sister just let her go stay with ur parents and keep managing ur life, but don't forget ur family nor matter what. God bless & give you strength to move on.
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 24, 2019
firstbornson:

Here is my story.

I hope you've not sex with her or deprived her of her freedom, cause I see no reason why she won't respect you even why she stays with you.
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by repogirl(f): 4:57pm On May 24, 2019
You said it, she doesn't respect you, and you can't force someone to respect or listen to you. All I can say is to allow her live and learn. She is still young and reality hasn't hit her hard, when it doeshe will begin making wise choices.

Just allow her fool around. It's hard but this way you are handling issues will make things worse.

2 Likes

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Spain007(m): 4:59pm On May 24, 2019
Badgers14:

Your dad and mom called and yelling and all.

Did you tell them why you did what you did (not that beating her was the best option)

But at least does your parents know your sisters changed attitude??, her hanging around with a "cultist" , her failing all her courses. Her action of using your gas to cook indomie for the cultist guy? You better tell them so they know.. if she carry belle , your own don finish.

Open your mouth and tell your parents the whole story before it is too late !!

Hermano...donde Vive en Chile?
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Debbieo(f): 5:02pm On May 24, 2019
Firstly what kind of person are u ? I mean ur character , do u respect ur parents n those older than u ?does she see u reading ur books @ times? U no most times younger ones sees these things, then how do u correct her ?? Do u shout alot @ her e.g anytime u see her with a male without even knowing who he is to her?, although what she did was wrong, them no even born me well to talk to my immediate elder brother who is older than me with 2 years , like wise my younger ones too cannot disrespect der elder ones even if na just 6 months or 1 year difference, @ least that's how we were trained. So I feel u shld try another way to approach her.after all like the saying goes, respect is reciprocal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by olaolaking: 5:04pm On May 24, 2019
kaen1317:
If u need respect from her and others work hard and get that money.
Something is wrong with you people. Someone is still in the university and all of you are complaining about him not having money. Does is it mean no money no respect even within the family circle?

2 Likes

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Sarah20A(f): 5:04pm On May 24, 2019
castro316:
My honest advice

Ignore her completely, act like she does not exist. The reason why she is disrespecting you is because you are giving her too much attention. Do the dishes yourself. Clean your house by yourself. Ask her to raise her legs so that you can sweep the floors. Whenever you see her with her crew of guys don't say a word. Do this for a month she will realize she is On her own. She will start getting scared and start seeking attention else where. When she gets negative attention and see the selfishness of the people she is with, and reality of life sets in she will find her roots. Pls don't interfere with this process because you will ruin everything. They are probably having sex but don't kill yourself. That's life for you. I have a sister though not wayward but she is very stubborn. It took me 4 yrs to bring her to her senses. Now she realizes she needs a brother.

Maybe after a month or two she may need your opinion about something. Reply her with calmness and never relate it to any of her lifestyles. Its possible you judge her all the time about her lifestyle that's why she disrespects you. Its probably doesn't like the life but don't know how to change so be objective in your communication with her with time she will see you as someone to look up to. Always encourage her to do the good things and reward her when she does them. You may never get her to your side but you will get your respect back. Abi is that not what you always wanted?

By the way when is your birthday and when is hers so that I can couch you better?
bros stick to this advice

1 Like

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by magicminister: 5:06pm On May 24, 2019
firstbornson:

Here is my story.

Your sister is 19. You’re at fault in this situation.
She’s old enough to make decisions for herself. You don’t expect her to do what you say but as a big brother, learn to listen more especially to non-verbal cues.

Don’t give advise unless you’re asked for it.
Ask her how she’s doing, let her talk and you listen.

Pursue personal success. Right now, you’re a failure and you need to turn that around cos no one within and outside your family will respect you if you remain a failure
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by sheystar(f): 5:07pm On May 24, 2019
GoTV:
sad Put Sn*per in her Tea
I hope your junior or senior one does the same to you angry

1 Like

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by sheystar(f): 5:09pm On May 24, 2019
olaolaking:
Something is wrong with you people. Someone is still in the university and all of you are complaining about him not having money. Does is it mean no money no respect even within the family circle?
yes.....its not only in the family circle, it also everywhere...... imagine if someone like Regina Daniels hit her younger sister.....would her parents shout at her.....no, they'll even be begging on the siblings behalf

1 Like

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by magicminister: 5:12pm On May 24, 2019
RTSC:
Female siblings are like that.

You can't control them and as a guy you can't ignore them to their whims and caprices because you don't want her to be taken advantage of .

My younger sister is 21, and was telling me she can go and come anytime she wants.

I just didn't know what to say at that moment.

At 21, she’s old enough to come and go as she pleases.

You gotta learn she’s an individual with free will and not an object. Offer great advise and try to protect her but never ever try to stop people from doing what they want even if it’s going to destroy them.

3 Likes

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Mariangeles(f): 5:16pm On May 24, 2019
ThothHermes:
Tell me another way now
Wisdom man .
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by mechanics(m): 5:23pm On May 24, 2019
Just take it easy with your sister, if you can relay your findings to one of uncles to talk to your dad, that will be a good idea, your parents don't know that they will regret their actions later in life by not scolding your sister, and she will find it difficult to cope with her future husband if she does not change.
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Pandagirl: 5:26pm On May 24, 2019
castro316:
My honest advice

Wisdom!!!!! Let him also pray she doesn't get preggo or join bad gang before realizing her foolishness.

1 Like

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Iykenuwa(m): 5:28pm On May 24, 2019
firstbornson:

Here is my story.

Next time, don't hit, get a very slim cane and flog away. You are helping her secure her future
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Ezio17: 5:34pm On May 24, 2019
firstbornson:

Here is my story.

I am not encouraging you to be disrespectful towards your parents.But you sound like you want to avoid tension and conflict at all costs.Be bold and firm when you explain what's happening to your parents.

Don't take your sisters nonsense.Girls are really not used to a little rough handling. You have to be in control.However the more attention you pay your sister,the more disrespectful she becomes.Be more disdainful towards her

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2 Children Die In Nasarawa After They Locked Themselves In Hot Car(graphic Pics) / Divorce: He Claimed To Have A Degree In Mass Comm But He Has Just A Sch. Cert. / Man Dances With Salsa Instructor, Wife Takes Him Home. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.