Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada (17831 Views)

My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ / 10 Things About Living Abroad: No Turning Back / The Truth About Living Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by goldplated(m): 8:13pm On Sep 26, 2010
I may be coming to Canada in few weeks time on work permit. So i want Nlanders to tell me what is life in canada and the hard truth many people dont want to hear. Let me know so i gots to be prepared to what i may face and how to overcome them. Since all i see about Canada seems rosy.
Re: Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by kadman(m): 2:07pm On Sep 27, 2010
Bump.
Re: Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 27, 2010
Bump also. It will do good if any Canagerians contribute to this. good post.
Re: Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by collinsfbi(m): 9:15am On Sep 28, 2010
I may be coming to Canada in few weeks time on work permit. So i want Nlanders to tell me what is life in canada and the hard truth many people dont want to hear. Let me know so i gots to be prepared to what i may face and how to overcome them. Since all i see about Canada seems rosy.
Full of boobssssssssssss
The composition of your post will not earn any contribution here mr goldplated because you are not sincere with ur post. How hell on earth can you use words like
" I may be coming to canada"
and you want to go there and work. Guy, are you sure you have naija passport at all not to even talk of visa because this simply means you have your visa and at the same time you can even decide not to go. Guy, come dedemerawo----be careful, nobody is here to waste any precious time, what we do here is to dish out the little we know to help the serious minded. Gbammmmm over and out
Re: Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by goldplated(m): 6:56pm On Sep 28, 2010
Abeg no vex. Pls ignore the 'may'. I already have arranged employment but its now the embassy im waiting for.to be realistic thats why i used 'may'.You get. So whats ur contribution, it may be useful for other people around here.

2 Likes

Re: Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by Liss: 10:02pm On Sep 28, 2010
goldplated:

Abeg no vex. Pls ignore the 'may'. I already have arranged employment but its now the embassy im waiting for.to be realistic thats why i used 'may'.You get. So whats your contribution, it may be useful for other people around here.

Congrats, GP. But I had to ask how you managed to get an arranged employment for here o. What's your field? Did you ever study in Canada previously? Or get some Canadian certifications via the Internet that got you the arranged employemnt, Please share!
Re: Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by goldplated(m): 7:30am On Sep 29, 2010
Liss, that is not what i want to discuss now. Please i'm sorry.

1 Like

Re: Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by collinsfbi(m): 10:01am On Sep 29, 2010
Congrats, GP. But I had to ask how you managed to get an arranged employment for here o. What's your field? Did you ever study in Canada previously? Or get some Canadian certifications via the Internet that got you the arranged employemnt, Please share!
If you really want other pple to gain from this thread and you want pple to give u what u want, you really need to be sincere with urself and answer Liss's question because, i think he/she is in canada right now.

If GP is not ready to answer ur ques then igonre the ques and give him whatever u hv for him. Pple make thinks happen in naija----------gbabeeeeeeeeeeeeee over and out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by kadman(m): 11:14am On Sep 29, 2010
goldplated:

You want to gain from people, but are not ready to answer another person's question for assistance - Ika (Wicked in Yoruba ) grin grin

1 Like

Re: Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by goldplated(m): 8:19am On Sep 30, 2010
Abeg make una nor crucify me!

I guess you guys just want to know how i got arranged employment.

My cousin in Ottawa helped me get the job.He knows the owner of a cafe who got interested in my c.v. so thats how i got it (small job though). Reasonable enough right?

Please lets focus on the real issue here:

So i want Nlanders to tell me what is life in canada and the hard truth many people dont want to hear. Let me know so i gots to be prepared to what i may face and how to overcome them. Since all i see about Canada seems rosy.

4 Likes

Re: Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by Vicjustice: 10:40am On Sep 30, 2010
goldplated:

My cousin in Ottawa helped me get the job.He knows the owner of a cafe who got interested in my c.v. so thats how i got it (small job though). Reasonable enough right?

Man, you're strange. If you do have a cousin who helped in securing you an employment in Canada, then, why did you come to Nairaland to enquire about "the hard truth regarding living in Canada"?
   Besides, you're talking about Cafeteria job which is not professional, so, except there are other things you're not sharing, Cafe job might not be enough to guarantee you a work permit visa.

2 Likes

Re: Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by goldplated(m): 11:00am On Sep 30, 2010
Vicjustice:

Man, you're strange. If you do have a cousin who helped in securing you an employment in Canada, then, why did you come to Nairaland to enquire about "the hard truth regarding living in Canada"?
   Besides, you're talking about Cafeteria job which is not professional, so, except there are other things you're not sharing, Cafe job might not be enough to guarantee you a work permit visa.

we are still running round in circles. is it very hard to deal with the main question?
Re: Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by collinsfbi(m): 11:23am On Sep 30, 2010
Don't mind him jare, he thinks he can fool everbody here abi? Ok ooooo  Imagine, how do you think a cafeteria job can earn you a canadian work permit visa, hahahaha I laugh, you better don't apply because this one na automative denial. Continue to fool yah self, guy na u know ooo. Gbammmmmmm over and out
Re: Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by kadman(m): 12:18pm On Sep 30, 2010
At OP, well you are kinda right we are running around in circles. Mostly because you don't wanna tell the truth (Nigerians and our ways - rolls eyes)

But it's all good, there's a thread here with a lot of info by someone living in Canada - Now if only i would bother finding it. . .

4 Likes

Re: Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by unipol(m): 6:48pm On Sep 30, 2010
@ poster, pardon them because nairaland has changed, now we got reply from people who live in Afghanistan,Kenya, Basile,Haiti. e.t.c
the only question this people can answer is how earthquake happened in Haiti and how bomb explode in bagdad. don't expect more.
Re: Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by justwise(m): 7:00pm On Sep 30, 2010
unipol:

@ poster, pardon them because nairaland has changed, now we got reply from people who live in Afghanistan,Kenya, Basile,Haiti. e.t.c
the only question this people can answer is how earthquake happened in Haiti and how bomb explode in bagdad. don't expect more.

You that lives in Pakistan why don't you answer the question?
Re: Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by goldplated(m): 8:13pm On Oct 02, 2010
so no good advise at all!
Re: Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by kaydkay(m): 3:46pm On Oct 04, 2010
@Poster,

Xpect Cold, Cold and More Cold!!!

Anyone looking 4 a VISA to Somalia shld contact m,
Re: Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by collinsfbi(m): 4:15pm On Oct 04, 2010
Anyone looking 4 a VISA to Somalia shld contact m,
Aahahahahaha! Confirm suicidal visa to hell fire, how u go dey advice pple to go to Somalia, a country devastated by civil war and currently ranked as one of the poorest nations in the world. May God have mercy on you oooooo. lol

1 Like

Re: Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by Comingo: 8:46am On Oct 07, 2010
Are there nigerians living in canada?nairalanders? This thread ought to be interesting.

1 Like

Re: Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by unipol(m): 1:30pm On Oct 07, 2010
Comingo:

Are there nigerians living in canada?nairalanders? This thread ought to be interesting.

the answer is NO. we all live in iraq,angola,haiti,colombia,pakistan and nigeria. so don't expect good answer here, unless you are giving us assignment, to starting doing google search.
Re: Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by Comingo: 8:59am On Oct 08, 2010
unipol:

the answer is NO. we all live in iraq,angola,haiti,colombia,pakistan and nigeria. so don't expect good answer here, unless you are giving us assignment, to starting doing google search.

where then if not on nairaland travel forum? I started a thread (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=524118.msg6899404#msg6899404) of my own but for weeks and no worthy input. Pls take a look at my thread in my profile. I needed sincere views. I see you guys,through out the threads on this forum, that you are trying to prevent scammers from getting information to start acting as travel agents (even stated by Justwise), but they have Google which can give them all the details they want. But that is not my aim. I need real views on housing, taxes, cost of living, health care, how to start a business as an immigrant, how long will it take me to be stable if i start working, etc i just need to talk to someone over there. I found a blog that gave me good info, guess it might be useful for other nlanders correresmidestino.com. If i can get a nigerian's point of view of life in canada just like that blog.
Re: Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by Laajman(m): 4:53pm On Oct 08, 2010
I tire for this guy oh--- you be 007?
Its almost ridiculous "cafe" owner got interested in your cv??
Cyber-cafe or Coffee cafe, LOL??!!
Abeggi grin

Instead make you open up, make we wey get local experience give you the 411,

goldplated:

Re: Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by lordally(m): 5:32pm On Aug 15, 2018
goldplated:

Boss what's up.?? how's Canada na and how's the job??

2 Likes

Re: Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by Cigo1(m): 4:16pm On May 07, 2020
Re: Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by baldinini: 12:50pm On Mar 08, 2023
My major concern is the brutal winter/ cold many talk about as the down side to Canada… is it that bad? Are there warmer areas we can focus on for provincial nomination

Kindly advise
Re: Please Tell Me The Hard Truth About Living In Canada by CornOak(m): 4:02pm On Mar 08, 2023
baldinini:
My major concern is the brutal winter/ cold many talk about as the down side to Canada…
1. is it that bad?

2. Are there warmer areas we can focus on for provincial nomination?

Kindly advise

1. Yes, it's that bad because it's EXTREMELY cold. But you'd be fine with thick thermal wears, heater in your apartment and car.

2. Warmer areas? Yes. Vancouver, BC, and some parts of Ontario.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is Your Transport Fare For Those Traveling For Christmas / Need Help With Dubai Tourist Visa And Cost / "Trafficking Is Worst Than Corruption"; 138 Nigerians Deported From Libya.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.