Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,414 members, 7,781,199 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:32 AM

We’re interested in newly-wed women - Niger kidnapping suspect - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / We’re interested in newly-wed women - Niger kidnapping suspect (325 Views)

I Learnt Kidnapping From Watching Zubby Michael In Movies — Kidnapping Suspect / Children’s School Fees Drove Me Into Kidnapping — Suspect / We Are Interested In Newly-Wed Women - Niger State Kidnapping Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We’re interested in newly-wed women - Niger kidnapping suspect by mediaNGR: 5:53am On May 24, 2019
A member of a suspected gang of kidnappers in the Kpakungu community in the Chanchaga Local Government Area of Niger State has confessed to the abduction of one Halima Ibrahim on May 11, 2019.

The suspect, Mohammed, 25, was said to have kidnapped his victim and held her in captivity for over two weeks while demanding N150,000 ransom before her release.

Yakubu confessed to Northern City News on Thursday that he kidnapped Halima with the intent of extorting money from her would-be husband, who also resides in the same area.

He said, “We are from the Katcha Local Government Area of the state. I knew that Aliyu Musa has proposed to Halima and I knew he would do anything to secure her freedom, hence I kidnapped her.

“I called him with her number and told him that she had been kidnapped and ordered him to drop the sum of N150,000 in a location if he wanted her released. He offered to pay N65,000.”

Yakubu stated that members of his gang were interested in kidnapping newly-wed women or those about to wed because their husbands/fiancés would be prepared to pay ransom.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/05/were-interested-in-newly-wed-women.html
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Seun

Re: We’re interested in newly-wed women - Niger kidnapping suspect by mediaNGR: 6:08am On May 24, 2019
sad sad

(1) (Reply)

Man Arrested With Wooden Gun, Says He Uses It To Earn Living / Murder Of Two-year-old Girl Over $144 Loan Causes Outrage In India (photo) / Teenage Girl Reacts Horribly After Consuming Hard Drugs In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.