Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

Pharmacy Vs Medicine - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pharmacy Vs Medicine (2045 Views)

Priscilla Paul-Worika Beats UNIPORT Pharmacy Record, Sets New One, Gets 8 Awards / Pharmacy Vs Nursing Profession / Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pharmacy Vs Medicine by Nobody: 9:02am On May 24, 2019
I recently wrote jamb and applied to study pharmacy. My JAMB score is 294.
I chose UNIPORT as my university of first choice.
The issue now is that my family and relatives are advising me to switch to medicine and surgery. The reason they gave is that Pharmacy is more difficult to study than medicine.
Most of my friends in UNIPORT are also saying the same thing. They said pharmacy is way more difficult than medicine and surgery.

Please I would need your invaluable opinions as the pressure on me now is so big that I might soon switch to medicine.

Which one is harder, Pharmacy or medicine?

cc. Lalasticlala and other mods
Re: Pharmacy Vs Medicine by davidodiba(m): 9:54am On May 24, 2019
Fyi0:
I recently write jamb and applied to study pharmacy. My JAMB score is 294.
The issue now is that my family and relatives are advising me to switch to medicine and surgery. The reason they gave is that Pharmacy is more difficult to study than medicine.
Most of my friends in UNIPORT are also saying the same thing. They said pharmacy is way more difficult than medicine and surgery.

Please I would need your invaluable opinions as the pressure on me now is so big that I might soon switch to medicine.

Congratulations on your jamb score.
Now, what do you really want? Why are you making the choices you ar3 currently making? When you can answer these questions, you would be able to make a firm and durable decision. It all boils down to what you truely want. call me on 08126704423 for a sound advice.
Re: Pharmacy Vs Medicine by Nobody: 10:10am On May 24, 2019
Please choose the course you have passion for. Who told you that medicine isn't difficult? Do you know that universities in Nigeria are given quota on the number of doctors to graduate?

1 Like

Re: Pharmacy Vs Medicine by Nobody: 10:47am On May 24, 2019
davidodiba:

Congratulations on your jamb score.
Now, what do you really want? Why are you making the choices you ar3 currently making? When you can answer these questions, you would be able to make a firm and durable decision. It all boils down to what you truely want. call me on 08126704423 for a sound advice.

I really want to be a pharmacist.
Why I am wavering is because of the alleged high attrition rates in pharmacy school. I just don't want to be a victim of circumstance.

Thanks for your advice. I'll do well to call you.
Re: Pharmacy Vs Medicine by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 24, 2019
More opinions needed please!
Re: Pharmacy Vs Medicine by Onlinedet: 3:12pm On May 24, 2019
If you want to switch to medicine just because you think it is easier, then just stick to pharmacy, it is also a nice course. Forget the jamb score, medicine in the university is a different ball game, you would have to prepare your mind for what is ahead....In the long run, Your determination and passion are the two factors that would drive you to success in medical school (same applies to pharmacy)

1 Like

Re: Pharmacy Vs Medicine by davidodiba(m): 5:11pm On May 24, 2019
Fyi0:

I really want to be a pharmacist.
Why I am wavering is because of the alleged high attrition rates in pharmacy school. I just don't want to be a victim of circumstance.

Thanks for your advice. I'll do well to call you.

Don't know what you may mean by high attrition rate but follow your dreams. The fear should never be given any substance. God bless you
Re: Pharmacy Vs Medicine by shollish(m): 6:15pm On May 24, 2019
Study your pharmacy if it is what you want

None is actually easier than the other
Re: Pharmacy Vs Medicine by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 24, 2019
shollish:
Study your pharmacy if it is what you want

None is actually easier than the other
Okay. Thank you. I will still think more about it though.
Re: Pharmacy Vs Medicine by Gilgil: 7:55pm On May 24, 2019
Think of the present in Nigeria:

Easier for pharmacists to get jobs today than doctor's. Also easier to set up a community pharmacy as an entrepreneur than to set up a hospital.

Now think of the future in Nigeria. Doctors are all running away overseas

1 Like

Re: Pharmacy Vs Medicine by Nobody: 11:06am On May 25, 2019
Gilgil:
Think of the present in Nigeria:

Easier for pharmacists to get jobs today than doctor's. Also easier to set up a community pharmacy as an entrepreneur than to set up a hospital.

Now think of the future in Nigeria. Doctors are all running away overseas
Hmmm
Re: Pharmacy Vs Medicine by nurain150(m): 10:56pm On Nov 07, 2021
I recently wrote jamb and applied to study pharmacy. My JAMB score is 294.

Run from Pharmacy Na honest advice i dey give you, If you want peace of mind.
Re: Pharmacy Vs Medicine by somtoto(m): 9:10am On Nov 08, 2021
Bitter truth

(1) (Reply)

Unilag 2019/2020 Aspirants Whatsapp Group. Join Now / Latest Airtel Codes For Cheap Browsing And Cheap Data / The Nigerian Law School grading system is bad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.