Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,642 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] (5885 Views)

Nigerian Woman Living In US, Shares Her Success Story / Captain Shaddad Tijjani Mohammed, Pilot's Inspiring Story / Pretty Lady Shares Inspiring Photos Six Weeks After A Traumatic Car Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by chidi4sam(m): 8:04pm On May 25, 2019
m2016:
I am writing this little piece just to inspire someone out there, someone who has given up hope on IELTS. Personally, I got my desired result at my 5th trial wink .

I took my first IELTS in September of 2018 and scored LSWR 7.5,6.5,6.5,7 I felt bad cry as I wanted to pass this exam at the first sitting, I actually gave it my all at the time, guess my all was not good enough. Even though there is no pass mark for IELTS, express entry applicants can attest that LSWR 8,7,7,7 is considered the pass mark.

My second trial was a few weeks after this, I read my ass out and after all is said and done, I took the test for a second time and scored LSWR 7.5,7,6.5,6 cry cry . When I saw the result, I wasn't so upset, at least nothing compared to how I felt when I saw my first result, however, there was a reason, I knew I was not going to pass the reading, I could not finish the reading test on test day. On the other hand, I thought I gave the other three modules my best. I still came out short in 2 (L & W). I had adopted Jay’s ‘super method for speaking’ to score at least 7 in the speaking module (Jay is a popular online IELTS teacher on YouTube).

After the second test, I rushed to register for the third, it was only 2 weeks away, so I prepared the best I could. This time, I made up my mind that I was not going to fail anything I had already passed in my previous tests (my assumed pass mark by the way is 8777 – LSWR as earlier stated), this will give me my desired CRS score, and this personal decision was key! I researched on YouTube on best ways to tackle some of these modules (And yes, I have always been researching), but this time it was different, I needed styles to tackle each question type. So I ran into a video by a random lady, she revealed that the key to passing reading was TIME, that whatever you do, ensure you finish questions 1-27 in at most 25 minutes, you need a lot of time in questions 28 – 40, simply because the questions become complex. Even though I passed the first reading which I scored 7, I was not comfortable of passing it again, until I saw that post. Mind you, my first three exams were with British council. Anyways, the third result came out and it was LSWR 7.5,7,6,7. I was sad again cry cry cry, but this time depressed as well so I decided this was it! And then I quit IELTS…

A colleague at work kept urging me to reconsider and retake the test, all fell to deaf ears at first. I did not attempt the test for 6 months. He was able to convince me and I decided to go back to the drawing board, by this time, I already had strategies for speaking and reading. These two I rarely revise because I was so comfortable that I can always pass them. I had to devise a strategy for listening, remember I have maintained a score of 7.5 in listening through-out the three trials.

So I took my 4th test, this time I switched to MOD-IDP Australia, I made up my mind that this is it!
I wrote the test on the 2nd of March somewhere in Lekki. I paid extra attention to the listening. I knew exactly what my problem was and that is “the section C”, the part that could have up to 2-4 speakers. So I used mini-ielts.com to prepare for this. One good thing about this website is that you can select the type of questions you want to practice, focus and improve on it. I did exactly that and I improved. Test results came out and boom I scored LSWR – 9,8,6.5,8. What a result right? shocked shocked shocked But damn the writing messed it up. I went for a remark and the result of the remark came out the same day my wife went to labour for our first child; the result of the remark sadly didn’t change!
I felt horrible, had mixed feeling, it felt like the worst day of my life. My wife put to bed the next day, at least I had something to smile about and it took me out of my depression.

I prepared for my 5th IELTS, mind you by this time I had conquered LS&R, my only problem was writing, so I focussed only on writing. I picked April 6th for my 5th exam, I had about just over a week to prepare. My cousin gave me some videos by the popular online teacher IELTS Liz. This video by the way is different, it is not the ones you will find on her channel on YouTube. She calls them her “Advantage videos”. Basically, you pay her some money to access these videos. I didn’t pay anyway because my cousin had already paid for them. It has step by step process on how to tackle each question type. I did nothing for the 5th test but follow her instructions to the teeth, and it paid off! I did not try anything on LR&S, I just went for the test. My results came out on 19th of April, Good Friday and I scored LSWR – 8,7.5,7,7 cheesy cheesy cheesy . There is no adjective to express my excitement, I had the best Easter celebration, I went for a boat cruise with friends because it was worth it.

My takeaways, I took my time to write this for inspirational purposes. I know someone out there will be needing this inspiration. If you read closely, you will notice I passed them one after the other, you too can, even at once in your next trial!
I will respond to questions in this trend, if I get any. I can also share any material you might need. I will not be charging a coin because no one charged me a coin, all the materials I used I got them freely, freely I received and freely I shall share my knowledge and sources. The only paid material I used was Liz writing video, still I was not the one that paid for it!

My name is Mike, and remember, You too can be a success story!

Congratulations. Please, send me the material at chidi4sam@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by chequemate: 8:07pm On May 25, 2019
Congratulations..
A link to the Liz advantage videos will be appreciated.
..@yahoo.com
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by Faithy247: 8:38pm On May 25, 2019
Congrats Mike please kindly help with the Lizzy video and any other helpful material.
harryhope1968@gmail.com thanks.
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by claseek(f): 10:35pm On May 25, 2019
Mbigtime:
Congrate Mikky!
Pls let me have Liz video thanks
chymike199@gmail.com
congrats bro.. Please send me liz paid videos and others.
Bukolaokuyelu@gmail.com

Thank you.
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by evanpass70(m): 12:58am On May 26, 2019
please help a brother,my e-mail is evanpass70@yahoo.com,kindly forward your matetials to me.God bless u
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by Olafoyin(m): 3:14am On May 26, 2019
Please kindly send me IELTS materials via my mailbox dmj4you@yahoo.com
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by Kejimania15(f): 8:10am On May 26, 2019
We thank God you finallyaced it. Preparing for mine too and won't mind you sending the materials to my email aaminat1@gmail.com, thanks.
m2016:
I am writing this little piece just to inspire someone out there, someone who has given up hope on IELTS. Personally, I got my desired result at my 5th trial wink .

I took my first IELTS in September of 2018 and scored LSWR 7.5,6.5,6.5,7 I felt bad cry as I wanted to pass this exam at the first sitting, I actually gave it my all at the time, guess my all was not good enough. Even though there is no pass mark for IELTS, express entry applicants can attest that LSWR 8,7,7,7 is considered the pass mark.

My second trial was a few weeks after this, I read my ass out and after all is said and done, I took the test for a second time and scored LSWR 7.5,7,6.5,6 cry cry . When I saw the result, I wasn't so upset, at least nothing compared to how I felt when I saw my first result, however, there was a reason, I knew I was not going to pass the reading, I could not finish the reading test on test day. On the other hand, I thought I gave the other three modules my best. I still came out short in 2 (L & W). I had adopted Jay’s ‘super method for speaking’ to score at least 7 in the speaking module (Jay is a popular online IELTS teacher on YouTube).

After the second test, I rushed to register for the third, it was only 2 weeks away, so I prepared the best I could. This time, I made up my mind that I was not going to fail anything I had already passed in my previous tests (my assumed pass mark by the way is 8777 – LSWR as earlier stated), this will give me my desired CRS score, and this personal decision was key! I researched on YouTube on best ways to tackle some of these modules (And yes, I have always been researching), but this time it was different, I needed styles to tackle each question type. So I ran into a video by a random lady, she revealed that the key to passing reading was TIME, that whatever you do, ensure you finish questions 1-27 in at most 25 minutes, you need a lot of time in questions 28 – 40, simply because the questions become complex. Even though I passed the first reading which I scored 7, I was not comfortable of passing it again, until I saw that post. Mind you, my first three exams were with British council. Anyways, the third result came out and it was LSWR 7.5,7,6,7. I was sad again cry cry cry, but this time depressed as well so I decided this was it! And then I quit IELTS…

A colleague at work kept urging me to reconsider and retake the test, all fell to deaf ears at first. I did not attempt the test for 6 months. He was able to convince me and I decided to go back to the drawing board, by this time, I already had strategies for speaking and reading. These two I rarely revise because I was so comfortable that I can always pass them. I had to devise a strategy for listening, remember I have maintained a score of 7.5 in listening through-out the three trials.

So I took my 4th test, this time I switched to MOD-IDP Australia, I made up my mind that this is it!
I wrote the test on the 2nd of March somewhere in Lekki. I paid extra attention to the listening. I knew exactly what my problem was and that is “the section C”, the part that could have up to 2-4 speakers. So I used mini-ielts.com to prepare for this. One good thing about this website is that you can select the type of questions you want to practice, focus and improve on it. I did exactly that and I improved. Test results came out and boom I scored LSWR – 9,8,6.5,8. What a result right? shocked shocked shocked But damn the writing messed it up. I went for a remark and the result of the remark came out the same day my wife went to labour for our first child; the result of the remark sadly didn’t change!
I felt horrible, had mixed feeling, it felt like the worst day of my life. My wife put to bed the next day, at least I had something to smile about and it took me out of my depression.

I prepared for my 5th IELTS, mind you by this time I had conquered LS&R, my only problem was writing, so I focussed only on writing. I picked April 6th for my 5th exam, I had about just over a week to prepare. My cousin gave me some videos by the popular online teacher IELTS Liz. This video by the way is different, it is not the ones you will find on her channel on YouTube. She calls them her “Advantage videos”. Basically, you pay her some money to access these videos. I didn’t pay anyway because my cousin had already paid for them. It has step by step process on how to tackle each question type. I did nothing for the 5th test but follow her instructions to the teeth, and it paid off! I did not try anything on LR&S, I just went for the test. My results came out on 19th of April, Good Friday and I scored LSWR – 8,7.5,7,7 cheesy cheesy cheesy . There is no adjective to express my excitement, I had the best Easter celebration, I went for a boat cruise with friends because it was worth it.

My takeaways, I took my time to write this for inspirational purposes. I know someone out there will be needing this inspiration. If you read closely, you will notice I passed them one after the other, you too can, even at once in your next trial!
I will respond to questions in this trend, if I get any. I can also share any material you might need. I will not be charging a coin because no one charged me a coin, all the materials I used I got them freely, freely I received and freely I shall share my knowledge and sources. The only paid material I used was Liz writing video, still I was not the one that paid for it!

Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by Chi15: 8:13am On May 26, 2019
Mike Pls kindly send me liz video and other materials you used, chiziatuzie@yahoo.com, thanks i appreciate
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by 1witGod(m): 9:33am On May 26, 2019
Good day bro and congrats on your success. I actually wrote my first IELTS on March 23, 2019 with a score of 8,7.5,7.5,6 on SLWR respectively. I got so disappointed with myself that I refused to retry until yesterday and I've been looking for help in best ways possible. My next test is on the 29th of June. Please can you send me the link to Liz videos on talk2smc1@gmail.com
I'll greatly appreciate
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by 1witGod(m): 9:34am On May 26, 2019
Good day bro and congrats on your success. I actually wrote my first IELTS on March 23, 2019 with a score of 8,7.5,7.5,6 on SLWR respectively. I got so disappointed with myself that I refused to retry until yesterday and I've been looking for help in best ways possible. My next test is on the 29th of June. Please can you send me the link to Liz videos on talk2smc1@gmail.com
I'll greatly appreciate[color=#000099][/color]
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by iSage: 9:38am On May 26, 2019
Congratulations... Can you please help me with your materials sagebrains@gmail.com
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by Subalinga: 9:57am On May 26, 2019
My brother pls help me with the materials. I have written ielts 5 times but stuck on 6.5 for writing. Pls help my destiny. My email is ifelawrence69@gmail.com
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by LordTrezy(m): 10:41am On May 26, 2019
good morning oga Mike and congratulations. Could you please upload the videos on WeTransfer and share the link with us. If not please help with Liz special advantage video and other important materials that might be of help, my last school was LWRS 7.5,6.5,6.5,7, i plan to retake next month. Please help and advice. b.omofoyewa@gmail.com
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by okehsmiley: 11:43am On May 26, 2019
Mike your story made me cry & it's truly inspiration. I just saw my results for my 3rd attempt with MOD on the 24th, and saying I am sad is an understatement. I got 7.5,7.5,7,7 for LRWS and I gave up!. However, after reading your story, I am motivated to try again. Please send the Liz Video to me as well and anything that can improve my listening. My email is princessagwa@gmail.com
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by Tospringe: 12:01pm On May 26, 2019
m2016:

Congrats bro. Please send me the materials you used
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by sakalisis(m): 12:50pm On May 26, 2019
Kindly send me the Advantage video please

Adesolasimbiat@gmail.com
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by Landargas: 4:59pm On May 26, 2019
You described it in a way like you are being prepared for some compettion really somewhere in the world anyway. Good to know that watching Youtube actually have helped you a lot more than you can imagine. What are your next steps anyway ?
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by Dawudski(m): 5:03pm On May 26, 2019
Mike this is a truly inspirational story. Five good times isn't easy at all.I love your spirit of perservarance. I will be writing mine by June and I would appreciate if you can send me the materials.
dawudski21@gmail.com
Thanking you as you do this!
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by Raymum: 5:51pm On May 26, 2019
Congratulation on your wonderful test result. Please, kindly send Liz paid video to me.
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by Aremu01(m): 8:37pm On May 26, 2019
Hearty Congratulations broda Please save a soul Jarejohnson@gmail.com
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by Aremu01(m): 8:38pm On May 26, 2019
Hearty Congratulations broda Please save a soul Jarejohnson@gmail.com
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by Linzo(m): 10:02pm On May 26, 2019
Congratulations bro Mike and may God see you through in your journey.

Please help me with Liz material : jam.roe33@gmail.com
Thank you
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by chidi4sam(m): 12:38am On May 27, 2019
m2016:

Mike, please send the Liz paid materials to me via E-mail, oluomasam@gmail.com.
A big congratulation to you.
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by m2016(m): 5:40pm On May 27, 2019
olioxx:
My question is: The IELTS can last for how long?
I mean if you wrote it this year and pass, can you use the same result when applying for visa next or next 2 years.

IELTS results are valid for two years.
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by m2016(m): 5:42pm On May 27, 2019
Landargas:
You described it in a way like you are being prepared for some compettion really somewhere in the world anyway. Good to know that watching Youtube actually have helped you a lot more than you can imagine. What are your next steps anyway ?
I am waiting for ITA at the moment, once I get it, I will apply for PR.
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by m2016(m): 5:45pm On May 27, 2019
Hello everyone,
I have posted an edit to the initial post, Kindly read.
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by Cjayro24: 9:23pm On May 27, 2019
please can I get Liz paid videos. Thanks. lawrencelifted4ever@gmail.com
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by Profitboss(m): 10:50am On May 28, 2019
Pls Mr Mike, help with any useful material you have, my email: (taiwo.olawuyi@gmail.com). Thanks

m2016:

Edited: I have been contacted to stop sharing the video due to copyright infringement. For everyone contacting me via emails or requesting for the video here, unfortunately I will no longer be able to share the video. Kindly visit http://subscriptions.viddler.com/ieltslizstore to obtain it for yourself.
Thank you.
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by greentimbs: 8:49am On May 30, 2019
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by greentimbs: 9:12am On May 30, 2019
Mr mike, good morning. Please help a friend with all the necessary materials you can send. Thank you and God bless.
m2016:

Edited: I have been contacted to stop sharing the video due to copyright infringement. For everyone contacting me via emails or requesting for the video here, unfortunately I will no longer be able to share the video. Kindly visit http://subscriptions.viddler.com/ieltslizstore to obtain it for yourself.
Thank you.
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by austino2018: 9:18am On May 30, 2019
I would be grateful if you could send some of these materials to my mail. austineojugbana@gmail.com
m2016:

Thank you.
Re: My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !] by ajeffery: 4:20pm On May 30, 2019
Congratulations. Please kindly help with the Liz advantage videos. I appreciate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adventure To Morocco By Road / 5 Solid Truths About Living In Abuja / Re: Japa Its Not Easy Anywhere.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.