Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? (6689 Views)

How Much Does An Average Pharmacist Earn From Is Pharmacy Store On Monthly Basis / How Lucrative Is Pharmacy / What is Pharmacy Technician Course (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by Period007(m): 6:47pm On May 25, 2019
Uyi168:
You've said it all..
Large volume of works to be covered..
U go read, u go tire..
The pharmacology I did last semester was taught by 12 lecturers..
16 lecturers taught Pharmacotherapeutics in my final year.

1 Like

Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by Uyi168: 7:10pm On May 25, 2019
Period007:

16 lecturers taught Pharmacotherapeutics in my final year.
cry
I'm in my 4th year..
Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 25, 2019
OJay360:
Pls how many courses are they?
First of all pharmacy has 6 departments. A pharmacy student must pass through all of these departments to be a pharmacist. The courses? I can't start listing them from year 2 to year 6 sir. They are quite plenty.

1 Like

Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 25, 2019
Areaboyfriend:

Some people go 5-8 hours a day, I go less than 2 hours and I have been doing well. What works for one may not work for another... Just know yourself and act smartly. I have already passed my first Mbbs and in my clinical years
Guy!!!!!! Lie!!!!!
Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 25, 2019
Fyi0:

First of all pharmacy has 6 departments. A pharmacy student must pass through all of these departments to be a pharmacist. The courses? I can't start listing them from year 2 to year 6 sir. They are quite plenty.
I mean the ones u need at least 60% to pass.
Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by horlarheymar(m): 7:23pm On May 25, 2019
Areaboyfriend:

I find it difficult to believe. Everyone is different! I am a medical student and I have never read more than 2 hours in a day. I am still doing well and making good use of my time. As a student, you only have to study smart!
I subscribe to that..."study smart".
it's how efficient the hrs u use for reading are.
Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by Dynnix34: 8:54pm On May 25, 2019
Please do pharmacy students do clinical years?
Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by davbravo(m): 9:03pm On May 25, 2019
OJay360:
That's nor hard but some ppl are saying that I'll will have to read night till daybreak and worse I'll have to cram, which is what I can't do.

They're right and it's a really stressful course to study...Lots of lab work and lab reports to write. My friends are always complaining

3 Likes

Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by Areaboyfriend(m): 10:52pm On May 25, 2019
horlarheymar:

I subscribe to that..."study smart".
it's how efficient the hrs u use for reading are.
Yeah! And above all, know what works for you and stick to it!

1 Like

Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by Areaboyfriend(m): 10:53pm On May 25, 2019
Fyi0:

Guy!!!!!! Lie!!!!!
It works for me doesn't mean it will work for everyone! Know what works for you!

1 Like

Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by Onlinedet: 4:38am On May 26, 2019
Fyi0:

Pharmacy is the hardest course to study in Nigeria. Harder than Dentistry, harder than medicine or even veterinary medicine.
But it is not insurmountable.
Lol.... I tried so hard to ignore this, but i just couldn't help it....
Say what u know bro..... U may be studying pharmacy, but u haven't tried MBBS/BDS, so don't go about making invalid deductions, just to mislead the public.....
Yeh!! Vet?? Let's not go there.....

3 Likes

Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by Onlinedet: 4:39am On May 26, 2019
Fyi0:

Year 6?.....is that pharmD?

1 Like

Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by Nobody: 4:48am On May 26, 2019
Onlinedet:
Year 6?.....is that pharmD?
Yes sir
Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by Nobody: 4:50am On May 26, 2019
Onlinedet:

Lol.... I tried so hard to ignore this, but i just couldn't help it....
Say what u know bro..... U may be studying pharmacy, but u haven't tried MBBS/BDS, so don't go about making invalid deductions, just to mislead the public.....
Yeh!! Vet?? Let's not go there.....
This sir, is not an invalid deduction.
The high attrition rates in pharmacy school is enough to draw a logical, factual conclusion when compared to that in those other courses I listed.

3 Likes

Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by Nobody: 4:53am On May 26, 2019
OJay360:
I mean the ones u need at least 60% to pass.
All pharmaceutics courses require a 60% pass mark.
Pharmacy law too!!
Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by Nobody: 4:53am On May 26, 2019
Dynnix34:
Please do pharmacy students do clinical years?
Of course.
Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by Dynnix34: 8:28am On May 26, 2019
Fyi0:

Of course.
If so how long is it?
Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by Uyi168: 9:53am On May 26, 2019
Fyi0:

Not forgetting course like Anatomy, physiology maths, and bch
Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by Nobody: 11:02am On May 26, 2019
Uyi168:
.. Not forgetting course like Anatomy, physiology maths, and bch
Statistics too!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by Nobody: 11:03am On May 26, 2019
Dynnix34:
If so how long is it?
Hmmm... Bro I knw no hw to ansa dis ur ques
Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 26, 2019
Fyi0:

Statistics too!
Sir, do u think an average student can study the course?

I couldn't make waec in one sitting but I got a jamb score of 272. And lastly I love chemistry,got my highest score in jamb.

1 Like

Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by shollish(m): 12:43pm On May 26, 2019
You can
OJay360:

I couldn't make waec in one sitting but I got a jamb score of 272. And lastly I love chemistry,got my highest score in jamb.

1 Like

Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by Tjayjosh(m): 1:10pm On May 26, 2019
OJay360:
Please is Pharmacy really that hard because I've been seeing comments here on NL how pharmacy is even more harder than medicine and it's making me kind of scared because I don't want to struggle in school.

Nairalanders, pls I need your opinion on this issue. Thanks
In terms of hard/difficulty of the concepts? No. It is the same as most other courses, difference is the standards, C's and D's are not tolerated in many of their courses. Pharmacy and medicine are overrated, for me physics is more hard/difficult than all, and the most underated course in Nigeria.
Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by dunsin125: 2:16pm On May 26, 2019
Areaboyfriend:

I find it difficult to believe. Everyone is different! I am a medical student and I have never read more than 2 hours in a day. I am still doing well and making good use of my time. As a student, you only have to study smart!
What school bro, smart in what way
Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by dunsin125: 2:21pm On May 26, 2019
OJay360:

If you have passion for it, key into your passion because a time is coming when you will need it and also there is nothing you cannot do once you are in the right path. Others have passed through pharmacy and definitely you can and you will. Blessings✌
Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by femianski: 3:57pm On May 26, 2019
Uyi168:
What level are u?..
2hrs a whole day cannot be enough..
It might be enough for him sir. Everyone has a different IQ. He might be someone whose brain easily grab things and retain it for a long period of time. What someone can read for 7 hours and get 50%, another person can read it for 3 hrs and get 80%
Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 26, 2019
OJay360:

Anybody can study anything. Am "average" student can be anything he/she wants to be. Its simple, of you work hard enough, positive results are bound to follow.
Again you can study anything on earth you want to study. Nothing like average.
Once you set your goals, make good friends, set a study plan, have discipline(very important), study hard and smart, there's nothing stopping you from becoming anything you want to become.

It's simple, set your goals on the target, work hard and smart towards it and Viola! You have reached your target.
Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by Bobcygan: 7:55pm On May 26, 2019
No semester exams can be harder than sessional exams
Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by Onlinedet: 11:12pm On May 26, 2019
Bobcygan:
No semester exams can be harder than sessional exams
Aah!! I tell u..... I can relate bro...
Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by pxemma100: 3:32am On May 27, 2019
Dts very correct sir. No D, few course is B, most C. In uniben fail 3course,u probate. 2probation leads to withdrawal
Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by Nobody: 7:02am On May 27, 2019
pxemma100:
Dts very correct sir. No D, few course is B, most C. In uniben fail 3course,u probate. 2probation leads to withdrawal
Including GST courses??
Re: Is Pharmacy Really That HARD?? by Nobody: 9:04am On May 27, 2019
dunsin125:
If you have passion for it, key into your passion because a time is coming when you will need it and also there is nothing you cannot do once you are in the right path. Others have passed through pharmacy and definitely you can and you will. Blessings✌
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Caritas University, Enugu / Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria / Olabisi Onabanjo University Consult (abeokuta)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.