Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:39 PM

Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) (37115 Views)

Fear No More / The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller / RESTLESS - An Action/Romance Thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by SolaRaphael: 11:30pm On May 24, 2019
Fear No More

Sola Raphael

© 2019
All rights reserved. No part of this story must be used without the express permission of the author.

Comments and criticism are highly welcome.

Sam is a jolly fellow who goes about in a confident way bereft of worries. When his boss instructs him to become driver to his wife, Sam thinks it’s another simple task. He is confounded by the turn of events. The dalliance between him and his boss’ wife becomes an albatross. His life is on the line. He becomes a man on the run, even as another love intrigues pull him back.

The Hyndai jeep drifted with the traffic. It was few minutes after five p.m., and it was the hour many workers had closed at the offices and were returning to their homes. Sam was not in a hurry, so the traffic could be as slow as it wanted to be. Like others, he was returning home where he hoped to have a deserved rest. In order to chase off boredom, he snapped the jeep radio on. A female presenter was blabbing about the importance of fidelity in marriage and other relationships. As a single man at thirty years old, Sam felt the message was of no importance to him.

He promptly changed the Frequency Modulated station and settled for a musical station. From Ketu, to Mile 12, Owode, Irawo, Ajegunle and Ogolonto, the traffic remained busy.

At Ogolonto, he turned right to drive to Ebute. From here, he would drive towards Igbogbo. His final destination was a storey building off Igbogbo Road. It was few minutes after six when he drove inside the compound. He took the sidewalk to his two-room apartment at the back of the main building. It was supposed to be a boys’ quarter, but it was a glorified one with nice rooms and en-suite kitchens and toilets. It was one of his gains for working for Chief Kashi, the business man cum politician.

One of his phones rang as soon as he stepped inside the house. He let it ring for a while as he removed his shoes and socks. He then picked the phone. It was Jenni on the line.

'Hello, baby. How're you?'

'Fine. Are you at home already?'

'Yeah, I just got home now. Are you coming over?'

'Yes, I'm on my way.'

Jenni was a co-worker. While Sam worked as a special assistant to Chief Kashi, Jenni was the boss' secretary. Jenni was however more than a co-worker to Sam: they were lovers.

It was not the first time Jenni would be visiting his house or sleeping overnight. That had become a routine. Jenni didn't mind his companionship. As a matter of fact, she wanted more than just sleeping together and claiming to be lovers, but he behaved as if the issue of marriage was an anathema.

Sam believed he was far from being ready for serious relationship. He still had some years ahead of him, he would claim. So far, Jenni had been playing everything cool, like someone bidding her time.

Sam stripped down to boxers and singlet. It was March and the weather was stuffy. Right inside the house, it was okay for him to remain as he was. The standing fan was blowing, but it hardly helped the stuffiness. He must fix the air-conditioner system he had promised himself to do.

Some thirty minutes later, Jenni arrived in the house.

Download the full story at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/fear_no_more_a_romance_thriller/27347

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by SolaRaphael: 10:00am On May 25, 2019
By few minutes to ten in the morning, Carol, the Office Assistant, came to inform me that the Chief Engineer would like to see me. Emma, the director of Emmano Technology was always addressed as the chief engineer. I stopped the work I was doing to meet him in the cubicle he used as office. "Ah, Mike, there you are," he said, grinning. "You have work to do at Happy Life Investment limited, Falomo. The madam just called me now." He brought out some money from his pocket. "Okay, see you." I nodded at him. "Alright, Chief Engineer." The company I was to go to was one of the numerous companies that used our computer engineering services. I walked to Palm Groove bus stop which was just about a stone throw from my place of work. I then took a bus to Obalende. From there, I took another bus Falomo, Ikoyi. I was soon at my destination. The company was on the third floor. At the reception office, the lady behind the desk smiled upon seeing me. I was not a total stranger to the place. She directed to the main office.

1 Like

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by Ann2012(f): 10:58am On May 25, 2019
Following

1 Like

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by SolaRaphael: 7:35am On May 26, 2019
He was surprised. 'So, tell me, which new work have you got for yourself?'

Jenni shook her head. 'None for now.'

Again, he looked at her sharply. 'You mean you've not got another job and you want to quit this?'

She sighed and was silent. He held her left hand. 'Why d'you want to leave?'

She was silent for a couple of seconds more. 'It's for a personal reason,' she finally said.

He held her tighter. 'So personal you cannot share it with your heart-throb?'

She smiled wanly. 'Well, I guess I have no option than to tell you now. I'm leaving because I'm fed up with the pressures I'm receiving from him.'

His face wore a slight frown. 'Pressures? What pressures are you talking about?'

Jenni turned to face him squarely. 'It's just that I've not told you all this while. Chief has been pestering me for an affair. It has got to a point
now that I just have to ease myself out of that place as I cannot bear his pestering anymore.'

Sam was indeed surprised. 'Really? Are you sure chief has been sexually harassing you all this while and you did not even tell me?'

She was emphatic in her answer. 'Yes, but that's over now. I'll quit and that will stop further harassment.'

He was still befuddled. 'But, is that enough reason for you to quit? Are you now losing your job just because of that?'

She stared at him. 'Are you saying you prefer that your babe should continue to be sexually harassed? Or are you even saying that I should give
in to his demand?'

He quickly checked himself. Of course, he would not say she should cave in. All the same, he felt the reason she was giving him was not enough
for her to quit.

'So, what will you be doing now? I mean, what will you be doing pending the time you will get a new job?'

She made a wry smile to reassure him. 'Don't worry about that. Between now and when the new job will come, I have saved enough money that
will sustain me. I'll surely manage to get by.'

He wasn't totally convinced by her, but he felt there was no need to drag the issue again.

Jenni was with him that night. The following morning, he was up by five to start preparing for work. Since she would not be going to work, she
didn't need to wake up at the time he did. When he was about to set out, he tapped her on the shoulder.

'Good morning, darling,' he greeted.

'Morning, dear. How was the night?'

He smiled. 'With you, it's always a beautiful night. Here's some money that you may need.' He dropped some money on the stool by the bed side.

'I'm off.'

'Bye, dear.'

He kissed her good bye.

At this time of the morning, the traffic was very light. Within forty minutes, he was at the Ketu office where he worked. Though he had the title
Personal Assistant to Chief Kashi, Sam was involved in variety of tasks ranging from body guarding to doing some 'odd job' for the boss. There was some risks involved but Sam always argued that there was no job without a risk. Besides, the pay was good. That lucrative part, no matter how odd the job was, mattered to Sam. It was past nine when Chief came into the office. He was surprised to see that his secretary had not
come.

'Do you have an idea why Jenni is not yet in the office?' he asked Sam.

The latter would not admit that Jenni slept over in his place. Neither would he admit that she had told him she would not be coming to work
again.

'No idea, sir,' he answered.

By ten, Chief summoned Sam to his office.

'I've been trying all Jenni's lines, but none was going,’ Chief said. 'Even if she was sick, was it not proper that she get across to inform me? She's
not yet at work, yet she remains incommunicado.'

Sam nodded. 'Maybe the battery of her phone was flat, or something. It's strange that she's not here and you've not heard a word from her.'

'Yeah, quite strange.' Chief shrugged. 'Anyway, let's leave that for now.' He paused briefly. 'Sam, there's a task for you.'

Get the complete story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/fear_no_more_a_romance_thriller/27347

1 Like

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by Ann2012(f): 12:21pm On May 26, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by SolaRaphael: 7:00am On May 27, 2019
By ten, Chief summoned Sam to his office.

'I've been trying all Jenni's lines, but none was going,’ Chief said. 'Even if she was sick, was it not proper that she get across to inform me? She's
not yet at work, yet she remains incommunicado.'

Sam nodded. 'Maybe the battery of her phone was flat, or something. It's strange that she's not here and you've not heard a word from her.'

'Yeah, quite strange.' Chief shrugged. 'Anyway, let's leave that for now.' He paused briefly. 'Sam, there's a task for you.'

Sam drew closer to the boss' desk. 'What task, sir?'

The chief nodded and regarded Sam briefly. 'It's not a difficult task, but it is one that you must be very careful, as usual.'

Sam was very attentive as he listened.

The chief continued: 'One of the offices of our political opponents needs to be torched.'

'Torched?' Sam asked.

The chief stood up from his seat and moved to the window side. He could not stare through the window as he sometimes did as the curtains
were all in place. In seconds, he was back on his well-padded, leather chair.

He opened his drawer and brought out a paper which he handed to Sam.

'Yes, the building should go up in flames, especially the upstairs. That's the address of the office. It's a storey building. You're only to burn the
building, don't take any life. After working hours, a security man guards the place. You have to neutralize him. Except he poses a great threat,
don't eliminate him. Take some liters of fuel along and burn the place down. The operation must be carried out between tonight and the dawn of
tomorrow. Take one or two of the boys along. That is your task.'

Sam nodded and studied the paper he had been given. The building in question was at Ojodu road, Ogba. He was used to that area and could
mentally calculate around the place where the building would be, from the house number.

He nodded again. 'No problem, chief. Consider the task done.'

The chief too nodded. 'Yeah, I'm trusting that you will do a good job.'

He opened his briefcase and brought out a wad of one thousand naira notes. 'Use that for logistics. If it will not be enough, let me know. You can
start with your background checks right away.'

Sam picked the money and pocketed it. He stood up. 'Consider the job done, chief. It's going to be a clean job.'

About an hour after Sam had left for the office, Jenni stood up from the bed to brush her teeth and have her bath.

She had only told him part of the truth when she said Chief Kashi was disturbing her with sexual overtures. The other truth was that she was
scared the man was involved in diabolical things. Jenni had only worked for him for about four months, but she was calling it quit despite the good
pay. It was during this time that she had become acquainted with Sam. She could only hope that Sam was a complete gentleman that he
appeared to be.

She knew that her boss would call her lines the moment he did not see her in the office, so she had switched off her phones. It was better that
she did not speak with him for now.

Get the full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/fear_no_more_a_romance_thriller/27347

1 Like

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by moseph(f): 9:12am On May 27, 2019
Nice one,keep it coming.
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by Ann2012(f): 11:31am On May 27, 2019
Well done OP
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by FairCritic(m): 3:08pm On May 27, 2019
SolaRaphael:

He opened his briefcase and brought out a wad of one thousand naira notes. 'Use that for logistics. If it will not be enough, let me know. You can
start with your background checks right away.'

Sam picked the money and pocketed it. He stood up. 'Consider the job done, chief. It's going to be a clean job.'

About an hour after Sam had left for the office, Jenni stood up from the bed to brush her teeth and have her bath.

She had only told him part of the truth when she said Chief Kashi was disturbing her with sexual overtures. The other truth was that she was
scared the man was involved in diabolical things. Jenni had only worked for him for about four months, but she was calling it quit despite the good
pay. It was during this time that she had become acquainted with Sam. She could only hope that Sam was a complete gentleman that he
appeared to be.

She knew that her boss would call her lines the moment he did not see her in the office, so she had switched off her phones. It was better that
she did not speak with him for now.

Get the full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/fear_no_more_a_romance_thriller/27347

Nice story.
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by SolaRaphael: 6:16am On May 28, 2019
She had only told him part of the truth when she said Chief Kashi was disturbing her with sexual overtures. The other truth was that she was scared the man was involved in diabolical things. Jenni had only worked for him for about four months, but she was calling it quit despite the good pay. It was during this time that she had become acquainted with Sam. She could only hope that Sam was a complete gentleman that he appeared to be.

She knew that her boss would call her lines the moment he did not see her in the office, so she had switched off her phones. It was better that she did not speak with him for now.

There were still some left overs of the yams she cooked the previous night. She warmed them in the micro-wave oven and fried some eggs to
eat them.

After the breakfast, she decided she would remain in the house till afternoon before she would leave.

About two o'clock that hot afternoon, Sam drove to Ogba for him to do a surveillance of where they would be coming in the night to carry out
arson. Slowly, he drove along the Ojodu road. He saw the number of the building and parked the jeep some meters away from the main gate.
Then, he came down from the car and walked towards the gate. There were some people coming out as he knocked on the side gate. A short
security man of middle-age attended to him.

'Yes?'

'Good day,' Sam replied. 'I'm looking for the office of Barrister Tony.'

'Barrister Tony? In this building? I think you've got the wrong address.'

'Really?'

Through the opened gate, Sam took a quick survey of the building. 'But Barrister Tony told me he occupied an office on the floor of this building.'

The security man shook his head. 'It must be a mistake. This building has no lawyer using it.'

Sam had seen enough for now. 'Alright, let me call him.'

He brought his phone out and pretended he was searching for the so-called barrister's number. As he did this, he walked away from the gate to
where he had parked his car. He had succeeded in his first mission. As he drove back to Ketu, he had no doubt that the task given by the boss
would not be difficult to be accomplished.

He would need two guys to effectively carry out the operation. That would be no problem. Many hours later, precisely few minutes to midnight, Sam was back at the targeted office building. He was in company of Dodo and Guba. He parked at the spot where he had parked some hours earlier on.

'Alright, guys,' he said. 'Just as we have planned, I'll make the first move. Be alert and be careful.'

The two men nodded. 'There's no problem, Sam,' Guba said.

Before Sam stepped out of the car, he checked to be sure that the short gun in his right hip pocket was there. It was. There would be no need to use that as the chief had directed that the operation should not take any life. All the same, he needed to take it for safety, precaution and
expediency purpose.

He slipped out of the car and moved to the wall which served as fence of the building. The wall should not be higher than six feet, but even if it
was, it would not be intimidating to Sam who, at six feet, had mastered the art of climbing heights. In a jiffy, he climbed over the wall and landed
inside the compound of the building.

Download complete story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/fear_no_more_a_romance_thriller/27347

1 Like

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by izaray(f): 2:32pm On May 28, 2019
Nice story
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by Ann2012(f): 4:08pm On May 28, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by FairCritic(m): 6:59pm On May 28, 2019
Nice update.
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by SolaRaphael: 1:23pm On May 29, 2019
He slipped out of the car and moved to the wall which served as fence of the building. The wall should not be higher than six feet, but even if it was, it would not be intimidating to Sam who, at six feet, had mastered the art of climbing heights. In a jiffy, he climbed over the wall and landed inside the compound of the building. He crouched and observed the area for some seconds. The security lights were on but everywhere was quiet.

The security man could not be seen. He was most likely in his cubicle which was close to the main gate.
Slowly and stealthily, Sam moved towards the main gate, stooping as he walked. Some few meters to the gate, he paused and observed the premises again.
All was silent. He moved on and was at the security post. The only door was left open. He moved to the door post and peered. The security man was inside, alright, but he had already dozed off on his chair. His left leg was on the table and his mouth was slightly open. Sam studied him briefly. The man was not the same he had met earlier. This one was much younger. Sam brought out his short gun, moved it close to the face of the guy and tapped him gently on the shoulder.
The guy woke up with a start, quickly removed his leg on the table and attempted to stand up.

'Sh-sh-sh,' Sam said, shoving the gun more to the man's face. The man looked shocked to behold the scene.

'You just cooperate,' Sam said. 'I mean no harm, but you must cooperate. I'll only blow your head off if you try to play smart, do you understand?'

The guy nodded dumbly.

'Good. Now, the first thing is stand up and come and open the gate.'

As the man stood up, Sam quickly moved the gun to his right rib.

'Gently, gently,' he instructed. The man picked the bunch of keys on the table.

Sam followed him out of the cubicle to the gate where the big padlock used to lock the gate was unlocked.

The gate was opened. Again, Sam paused him briefly before he and man stepped out. Sam raised his left hand for about three seconds. Dodo and Guba saw the signal and got out of the car, with Guba carrying the can of 20 liters of petrol. In seconds they were where Sam and the security guard stood. Together, they all returned inside the building compound. The gate was closed but not locked.

'Good, now the next thing is to bring the key of the main building. You need to open the main door.'

The man nodded dumbly. He was obviously very much frightened of the gun. He led them to the main entrance door and unlocked it, the gun still stuck to his ribs.

Sam turned to Guba. 'Now, you play your own part.' He handed the short gun to the latter. Guba took it gladly.
'One false move, and I'll blow your head off!' Guba said menacingly, moving the gun close to the security guy's head.

Guba was always like that: he loved to dramatize things. He led the man back to his security post where the task of stuffing drugged handkerchief to the man's nose so that he would pass out would be done.

Quickly, Sam got the keg of petroleum from Dodo and started pouring the fuel on the ground close to the exit. He poured some on the wooden doors of the various rooms on the floor. He then poured some on the floor as he made his way to the upper floor. Here, he doused the doors with more fuel, making sure that the action would bring about maximum effects.

Download full story from:. https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/fear_no_more_a_romance_thriller/27347

1 Like

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by Ann2012(f): 1:41pm On May 29, 2019
Well done OP
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by izaray(f): 3:33pm On May 29, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by SolaRaphael: 7:24pm On May 29, 2019
Ann2012:
Well done OP

izaray:
Thanks for the update

You are welcome.
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by SolaRaphael: 6:22am On May 30, 2019
Quickly, Sam got the keg of petroleum from Dodo and started pouring the fuel on the ground close to the exit. He poured some on the wooden doors of the various rooms on the floor. He then poured some on the floor as he made his way to the upper floor. Here, he doused the doors with more fuel, making sure that the action would bring about maximum effects.

Satisfied, they went back downstairs and stepped out of the door. Sam brought out a box of matches from his pocket. He struck a fire and threw it on the floor. The floor caught fire immediately, and the fire moved and spread rapidly inside the building.

There was no time to waste. They joined Guba at the security post where the security guy lay unconscious. Sam looked at the shouldering
smoke coming from the main building. He was certain the security man would not be touched by the fire.

'Alright, let's go, guys.' he said and led the others out of the gate. Swiftly, they moved to their jeep. Only few motorists were still plying the road
at this hour of the night, but they were oblivious of the fire. Soon, without doubt, the fire would become noticeable in the environ. Sam kicked
the engine into life and drove the vehicle off. He sighed in contentment. It was another successful outing.

At Ojota Bus stop, Dodo and Guba got down from the vehicle. They lived around that place. Sam drove to Maryland where he could make a
u-turn and join the road that led to Ikorodu. He got home few minutes to one in the morning. He only slept for five hours. By few minutes after
six, he was up on his feet to start preparing for the day. But he would not be driving straight to work. He drove to the area where the building
was torched. As he drove slowly past the building, he could see that the building was badly burnt by the fire. He nodded to himself as he drove
away from the area. It was indeed a successful outing.

That morning, Guba was still in bed as at eight o'clock. As an artisan, he was under no obligation to wake up early and go to work. His wife,
Sherifat had gone to stay with his mother in Shaare, Kwara state. Sherifat was pregnant with his second child. As he did when she was
pregnant with the first child, Guba asked that she should go and stay with his mother when the pregnancy was advancing. Of course, she went
with the first child, a girl of two years old. For the past two months, Guba had been living the life of a 'bachelor', as he was at home alone.
However, the good thing about his status which was desirable to him was the fact that it availed him the chance to indulge in licentious life
style.

Since his wife travelled, Guba had been carrying different women, some of who were married. It was a past time he had long ago engaged in.

There were knocks at his door, followed by the voice of a woman announcing that the bread seller had come.

Guba stood up from the bed, yawned and stretched himself. He moved to the door, unlocked it and opened it. The bread seller, a woman very
familiar to him, was there with the bread tray on her head.

'Good morning,' she greeted. 'Do you want to buy bread?'

'Bring your tray down and come inside,' he commanded the woman.

It was not a strange command. The woman did as she was told. Guba grabbed her breasts and fondled them.

'Hey, it's too early for that,' she protested feebly.

You can get the complete e-book at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/fear_no_more_a_romance_thriller/27347

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by izaray(f): 11:43am On May 30, 2019
Nice update
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by Ann2012(f): 5:03pm On May 30, 2019
Interesting
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by FairCritic(m): 6:42am On May 31, 2019
Nice story.
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by SolaRaphael: 3:19pm On May 31, 2019
Guba stood up from the bed, yawned and stretched himself. He moved to the door, unlocked it and opened it. The bread seller, a woman very familiar to him, was there with the bread tray on her head.

It was not a strange command. The woman did as she was told. Guba grabbed her breasts and fondled them.

'The earlier, the better,' he said, smiling mischievously.

'But I don't have the time, now,' she said further, trying to disengage herself. 'I still have a lot of loaves to sell.'

Guba knew what she wanted. Just like he had done on two previous occasions, he brought two thousand naira from his pocket and handed it to the woman.

'This will take care of that,' he said, his voice full of desire. The woman took the money and let him have his way.

There was no special task for Sam in the next few days. Jenni moved on with her life and got a job as a secretary in a secondary school at Ikorodu. When it became glaring that she was not coming back to work for the chief again, Chief Kashi employed a new lady as secretary. Linda was twenty-five, single and eager about the job. In no time, she proved herself to be efficient and reliable.

Things went on normally for the next few weeks. In the cool morning of the first Monday in May, the chief summoned Sam to his office.

'How was your weekend, Sam?' he asked.
'Fine, sir. We thank God.'

'Yeah, sit down.'

'Thank you, sir.' Sam sat opposite him, staring at him.

'Yes, you have another task that you must execute,' he started. 'This one has nothing to do with a political opponent or an errant business associate.'

Sam waited. He was good at listening.

'This time around,' the chief went on, 'the person concerned is my wife.'

Sam's heart started racing. 'Your wife?'

The chief allowed a smile to play on his cheeks. 'Yes, I know you'll be surprised that my wife is the subject matter here. I have just sacked her personal driver, but I promise her to send another driver to her today. You're the person I'm sending as the driver.'

Again, Sam was surprised. 'Me?'

Chief Kashi smiled ruefully. 'Yes, you. You will go to my house and present yourself as the driver I sent.'

Sam nodded but did not say a word.

'I'm not really seconding you as her driver. The main purpose of driving her around is to monitor her.'

The chief sighed. 'Don't let it surprise you that seven years after marriage, she's becoming more and more unreliable. I'm suspecting that she's having an affair. That is it: your mission is to find out if indeed she's having an affair, and with who."

Sam nodded. That should not be a difficult task, should it? 'There'll be no problem, sir,' he said.

'She's expecting the driver to come and resume now,' Chief Kashi continued. ''You have to tone down your dressing for now. I think wearing casuals will be okay. You're to go to my residence and present yourself as the driver I sent. Of course, you must not go in your car. One more thing, I want a daily detailed reports of her movements and activities.'

'Yes, sir.' Sam stood up.

You can download full story at : https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/fear_no_more_a_romance_thriller/27347

1 Like

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by izaray(f): 4:24pm On May 31, 2019
Sam's boss seem dangerous already to me

Nice one op
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by Ann2012(f): 4:42pm On May 31, 2019
izaray:
Sam's boss seem dangerous already to me

Nice one op

He's really dangerous angry

1 Like

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by kesmiraAutos: 8:33pm On May 31, 2019
SolaRaphael:
Guba stood up from the bed, yawned and stretched himself. He moved to the door, unlocked it and opened it. The bread seller, a woman very familiar to him, was there with the bread tray on her head.

'The earlier, the better,' he said, smiling mischievously.

'But I don't have the time, now,' she said further, trying to disengage herself. 'I still have a lot of loaves to sell.'

Guba knew what she wanted. Just like he had done on two previous occasions, he brought two thousand naira from his pocket and handed it to the woman.

'This will take care of that,' he said, his voice full of desire. The woman took the money and let him have his way.

There was no special task for Sam in the next few days. Jenni moved on with her life and got a job as a secretary in a secondary school at Ikorodu. When it became glaring that she was not coming back to work for the chief again, Chief Kashi employed a new lady as secretary. Linda was twenty-five, single and eager about the job. In no time, she proved herself to be efficient and reliable.

Things went on normally for the next few weeks. In the cool morning of the first Monday in May, the chief summoned Sam to his office.

'How was your weekend, Sam?' he asked.
'Fine, sir. We thank God.'

'Yeah, sit down.'

'Thank you, sir.' Sam sat opposite him, staring at him.

'Yes, you have another task that you must execute,' he started. 'This one has nothing to do with a political opponent or an errant business associate.'

Sam waited. He was good at listening.

'This time around,' the chief went on, 'the person concerned is my wife.'

Sam's heart started racing. 'Your wife?'

The chief allowed a smile to play on his cheeks. 'Yes, I know you'll be surprised that my wife is the subject matter here. I have just sacked her personal driver, but I promise her to send another driver to her today. You're the person I'm sending as the driver.'

Again, Sam was surprised. 'Me?'

Chief Kashi smiled ruefully. 'Yes, you. You will go to my house and present yourself as the driver I sent.'

Sam nodded but did not say a word.

'I'm not really seconding you as her driver. The main purpose of driving her around is to monitor her.'

The chief sighed. 'Don't let it surprise you that seven years after marriage, she's becoming more and more unreliable. I'm suspecting that she's having an affair. That is it: your mission is to find out if indeed she's having an affair, and with who."

Sam nodded. That should not be a difficult task, should it? 'There'll be no problem, sir,' he said.

'She's expecting the driver to come and resume now,' Chief Kashi continued. ''You have to tone down your dressing for now. I think wearing casuals will be okay. You're to go to my residence and present yourself as the driver I sent. Of course, you must not go in your car. One more thing, I want a daily detailed reports of her movements and activities.'

You can download full story at : https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/fear_no_more_a_romance_thriller/27347
Wow! Am enjoying this beautiful piece. Weldone SolaRapheal... Please mention me once you update. Thanks
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by kesmiraAutos: 8:35pm On May 31, 2019
Ann2012:

He's really dangerous angry

cheesy you sound scared in physical..lol
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by Ann2012(f): 11:08pm On May 31, 2019
kesmiraAutos:

cheesy you sound scared in physical..lol

cheesy
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by Ibunkun1(m): 12:07am On Jun 01, 2019
Cool
#Hooked
#Following cool
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by SolaRaphael: 7:24am On Jun 01, 2019
kesmiraAutos:

Wow! Am enjoying this beautiful piece. Weldone SolaRapheal... Please mention me once you update. Thanks

Many thanks for your zeal. Remain blessed.
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by SolaRaphael: 5:02pm On Jun 01, 2019
The chief sighed. 'Don't let it surprise you that seven years after marriage, she's becoming more and more unreliable. I'm suspecting that she's having an affair. That is it: your mission is to find out if indeed she's having an affair, and with who.'

'Okay, see you,' the chief dismissed.

Sam first drove to his residence at Igbogbo road, changed into jeans and t-shirt and took commercial busses to Magodo G.R.A where the Kashis lived. The security guy at the gate was a new person.

'Yes, who do you want?' the guy demanded.

'I'm the new driver for madam sent by Chief Kashi.'

The guy looked at him from head to toe. Even in casuals, Sam looked good. 'Alright. Give me a minute.'

Sam remained at the gate while the guy went inside the building. Within a minute, he was back to open the pedestrian side of the gate.

'Come in.' The guy pointed at the main building. 'That is the main entrance. Go and knock at the door. They will attend to you.'

'Thank you.' Sam was no stranger to the house, but in a moment like this, he had to put up the act. The maid ushered him to the large and exquisitely furnished sitting-room.

'Madam dey come,' she said.

Sam nodded and sat on one of the seats.

After a couple of minutes, Mrs. Dupe Kashi came to the sitting-room.

'Good morning, madam.' Sam rose to greet her.

'Are you the new driver?' the woman asked haughtily.

'Yes, madam.'

You can get the full download at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/fear_no_more_a_romance_thriller/27347

2 Likes

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by ferrariLaferrari: 5:17pm On Jun 01, 2019
Chai boss man abeg this your update dey short o. Biko help us increase am small

1 Like

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by Deeviiid(m): 6:13pm On Jun 01, 2019
Nice story, SolaRaphael.
Following!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Award For Literature In 1986(throwback Photo) / Broken Bottle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.