Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,434 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:19 PM

Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) (37124 Views)

Fear No More / The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller / RESTLESS - An Action/Romance Thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by SolaRaphael: 6:42am On Jun 02, 2019
Dupe Kashi came to the sitting-room.

'Good morning, madam.' Sam rose to greet her.

'Are you the new driver?' the woman asked haughtily.

'Yes, madam.'

'What took you so long? Look at the time, it's almost eleven o'clock. Is this the time for you to resume work?'

'I'm sorry, madam. I wasn't told on time that I would be resuming today.'

The woman looked at him all over. For about a year that Sam had been working for Chief Kashi, he had only met the woman once and he wondered if she would recognize him. Thankfully, she did not.

'If you will be resuming late like this, then you can't work for me,' she said.

'I'm sorry, ma'am, it won't happen again.'

'What's your name?'

'Sam, madam.'

She nodded. 'Can you drive well? Can you drive a jeep?
'
He nearly laughed at her questions. Was there any car he could not drive?

'I can drive any car, ma'am,' he said.

'Have you driven SUV before? Can you handle cars with automatic gears?'

Again, he felt like laughing it off but suppressed it.

'Yes, I have, and I can handle cars whether automatic or manual.'

She regarded him briefly and smiled. 'Okay. You seem to be a smooth talker. We'll see how smooth you are as time goes on. Now, let's go.'

Sam nodded and followed her out of the living-room to the outside of the building. By the left side were arrays of cars.

'Here,' she handed a car key holder to him. 'We're going out with the silver color CR-V.'

Sam took the keys from her and went to the car. He could see that it was already washed. He started the engine and revved it up a bit.

The madam entered the car and took the rear back seat.

'We will first go to Ikeja,' she said. 'I have a boutique at Allen Avenue.'

'Yes, ma'am,' he replied, moving the jeep towards the gate. The security guy quickly opened the gate as he saw the approaching jeep.

He drove from the residence to the Magodo Estate main gate.

'You seem to be good in handling the car,' she said.

Sam grinned. 'I'll try my best, madam.'

'And your English is good. Tell me your level of education.'

'I got to tertiary level, ma'am.'

'Oh, really? That's good. Which school did you go and what did you study?'

Again, Sam grinned. 'Polytechnic. HND Public Admin.'

She nodded. 'Why did you opt for driving job?' She knew what the answer would most likely be, but she asked all the same.

'It's the situation in the country,' Sam replied.

She nodded meaningfully. She spent the next few minutes to receive and make calls. When they got to Allen, she directed him to the shop. It was a big shop in a shopping plaza.

Sam had no doubt that she must have invested huge sums of money to have a place like this. She had two sales girls that ran the store.

'I'll be here for some time before we go to my second store,' she said. 'You have to stay in the car.'

You can get the complete book from:. https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/fear_no_more_a_romance_thriller/27347

3 Likes

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by izaray(f): 10:12am On Jun 02, 2019
Thanks for the update, but too short!

1 Like

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by kesmiraAutos: 10:24am On Jun 02, 2019
Weldone op. Keep updating please

1 Like

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by FairCritic(m): 7:29pm On Jun 02, 2019
SolaRaphael:

'If you will be resuming late like this, then you can't work for me,' she said.

'I'm sorry, ma'am, it won't happen again.'

'What's your name?'

'Sam, madam.'

She nodded. 'Can you drive well? Can you drive a jeep?
'
He nearly laughed at her questions. Was there any car he could not drive?

'I can drive any car, ma'am,' he said.

'Have you driven SUV before? Can you handle cars with automatic gears?'

Again, he felt like laughing it off but suppressed it.

'Yes, I have, and I can handle cars whether automatic or manual.'

She regarded him briefly and smiled. 'Okay. You seem to be a smooth talker. We'll see how smooth you are as time goes on. Now, let's go.'

Sam nodded and followed her out of the living-room to the outside of the building. By the left side were arrays of cars.

'Here,' she handed a car key holder to him. 'We're going out with the silver color CR-V.'

Sam took the keys from her and went to the car. He could see that it was already washed. He started the engine and revved it up a bit.

The madam entered the car and took the rear back seat.

'We will first go to Ikeja,' she said. 'I have a boutique at Allen Avenue.'

'Yes, ma'am,' he replied, moving the jeep towards the gate. The security guy quickly opened the gate as he saw the approaching jeep.

He drove from the residence to the Magodo Estate main gate.

'You seem to be good in handling the car,' she said.

Sam grinned. 'I'll try my best, madam.'

'And your English is good. Tell me your level of education.'

'I got to tertiary level, ma'am.'

'Oh, really? That's good. Which school did you go and what did you study?'

Again, Sam grinned. 'Polytechnic. HND Public Admin.'

She nodded. 'Why did you opt for driving job?' She knew what the answer would most likely be, but she asked all the same.

'It's the situation in the country,' Sam replied.

She nodded meaningfully. She spent the next few minutes to receive and make calls. When they got to Allen, she directed him to the shop. It was a big shop in a shopping plaza.

Sam had no doubt that she must have invested huge sums of money to have a place like this. She had two sales girls that ran the store.

'I'll be here for some time before we go to my second store,' she said. 'You have to stay in the car.'

You can get the complete book from:. https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/fear_no_more_a_romance_thriller/27347

Nice update.
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by SolaRaphael: 7:49am On Jun 03, 2019
FairCritic:

Nice update.
kesmiraAutos:
Weldone op. Keep updating please

Thanks for your interest.
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by yungbanks(m): 8:22am On Jun 03, 2019
Nice story

1 Like

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by SolaRaphael: 7:10am On Jun 04, 2019
She nodded meaningfully. She spent the next few minutes to receive and make calls. When they got to Allen, she directed him to the shop. It was a big shop in a shopping plaza. Sam had no doubt that she must have invested huge sums of money to have a place like this. She had two sales girls that ran the store.

Stay in the car! His mind screamed at him. How boring that would be. He was beginning to detest the assignment after all.

The woman went to the store while Sam remained in the jeep. He opened his own side door so that he could take fresh breeze. To kill boredom, he switched on the radio. He remained in the car for about two hours and even dozed of for some time before the madam came out of the store. She settled herself in her favorite seat.
'Now, we'll go to the second store,' she announced.

Sam nodded. She directed him to Opebi where the second store was. This one was bigger than the first.

Just like the first, there were two sales girls that ran this store. It also had a bigger parking space. Besides, there was a security post at the entry where Sam could stay for the while.

Upon realizing that he was Madam Kashi's new driver, the security man offered him a plastic chair, close to his own. That was where Sam was for about another three hours.

Guba was fixing the last nuts on the Honda car he was working on. He had been working on the car since the previous day, but he had almost completed the task now.

After screwing the nuts, he went to the driver seat to start the engine again. The car roared into life. Guba revved the engine up until the plosive noise filled the whole place. He was satisfied with what he had done. He remained on the driver seat for another couple of minutes while the engine purred normally.

He shifted a bit on the seat and winced. For the past two hours or so, he had been experiencing a back ache. Could it be the nature of his work that caused that? Or could it be as a result of the sexual position he had taken when he had Bose, the bread seller?

It shouldn't be the latter because he had used that same 'doggy' style with different women in the past and had not experienced this kind of pain.

He revved the engine one more time and stopped it. The owner would soon come for it and pay his balance.
'Mukaila!' Guba called out. Mukaila was one of the apprentices in the mechanic workshop.

'Sah!' Mukaila replied and emerged from underneath a Toyota bus he was trying to fix. He came to meet his boss.

'You will buy food for me,' Guba told him and dipped his hand in the right pocket of his trousers.

'Buy fufu from that woman.' He handed money to Mukaila. 'Just as you used to buy it. Tell her to add ponmo, this time. Then, go to that chemist shop and buy panadol extra. There's this nagging back ache I must deal with.'

Mukaila nodded and set forth to get what his boss had asked him to get.

By few minutes after four, Madam Kashi asked one of her sales girl to tell Sam that she was ready to leave. Sam went to the jeep, and just then, the madam too came to the car.

'We're going back home, now,' she announced.

'Yes, ma'am,' he replied, started the car and drove to the exit.

He beeped the horn as he neared the exit, waved at the security man and drove out of the premises. He would take the Opebi link Road to Maryland. The traffic had started building up, but was not yet terrible.

'How did you find your first day at work?' Madam Kashi asked.

It was terrible, his mind said. He however smiled.

'It was a nice experience, ma'am,' he said.

She nodded. She did not expect any other answer. About forty minutes later, he drove inside the compound at Magodo Estate and parked the car.

'Let me have the car key,' she said. Sam handed it to her.

'Well, you can close for the day. See you tomorrow. Remember that you're to report here by eight in the morning.'

'Yes, madam. Goodnight, ma'am.'

'Good night.'

You can get the full story from:. https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/fear_no_more_a_romance_thriller/27347

1 Like

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by izaray(f): 12:52pm On Jun 04, 2019
More grace op

Thanks for the update
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by SolaRaphael: 4:14pm On Jun 04, 2019
izaray:
More grace op

Thanks for the update

Thanks so much.
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by Ann2012(f): 6:03pm On Jun 04, 2019
Well done OP
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by kesmiraAutos: 7:43pm On Jun 04, 2019
Weldone SolaRapheal.
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by SolaRaphael: 7:53pm On Jun 04, 2019
Ann2012:
Well done OP

kesmiraAutos:
Weldone SolaRapheal.

Many thanks.
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by YoungBruzzy(m): 9:10pm On Jun 04, 2019
This is a great story.. kudos to the writer. more updates pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by SolaRaphael: 6:40am On Jun 05, 2019
She nodded. She did not expect any other answer.

About forty minutes later, he drove inside the compound at Magodo Estate and parked the car.

'Let me have the car key,' she said. Sam handed it to her.

'Well, you can close for the day. See you tomorrow. Remember that you're to report here by eight in the morning.'my

'Yes, madam. Goodnight, ma'am.'

'Good night.'

Sam sighed as he left the gate of the house. What a boring job! Why did the chief give him this kind of task? He, Sam, was an action man that loved taking action. How could the chief saddle him with the responsibility of driving his wife around and monitoring her?

Sam shrugged. Well, if that was what chief wanted, no problem. Now, he would have to call him and give him the feedback of how the work went. He decided that rather than taking a bus to the main gate of the estate, he would walk. While he walked, he called Chief Kashi and gave reports of how the day went.

'Good,' the chief said. 'Continue with the work.' The line was disconnected. Sam chuckled and nodded to himself.

At the gate of the estate, he took one of the kekes to Ketu. From there he took Ikorodu bus. At Ikorodu round about, he took another bus to Igbogbo. When he got home, Jenni was already at home.

'Hello, love,' she greeted him excitedly. 'How was the office today?'

He grinned. Sam was not going to tell her that he had another task of driving Mrs. Kashi around.

'Office was fine,' he replied. 'How was your school too?'

'Fine. Everything went well.'

She gave him a short welcome kiss.

'I saw your car parked in the compound,' she said.

'Initially I thought you were in the house. Why didn't you go out with it?'

Sam had to think fast. 'It has some faults,' he said.

'Oh, let me rush to the kitchen and see what I'm preparing.'

She dashed out of the sitting-room. In the kitchen, the white rice she was cooking was about to be fully cooked. She added some salts. Earlier, she had prepared some vegetable soup and stew with cow beef.

'The food will soon be done,' she told him as soon as she re-entered the sitting-room.

'What're you cooking?'

'White rice. We'll take it with stew.'

Sam nodded. The food was one of his favorites.

Guba was at home towards dusk. It had been an eventful day at the mechanic workshop and he had raked in some substantial sum of money. He had agreed with Aishat, an eighteen year old young lady he was dating to come around in the evening.

She would probably stay with him till eight-thirty or thereabout before she would leave. Since the absence of his wife, Guba had not exactly been living a decent life.

He was supposed to have a jolly frolicking time with Aishat. He was supposed to be excited by the fact that she would be coming and he would be able to satisfy his lust. But Guba was not happy. Something had been nagging at his mind and he was in a state of distress. The ache on his back had not abated one bit.

He had taken Panadol extra, yet the pain remained. Just before he left the mechanic workshop, he bought the local medicine called 'agbo' from one of the women hawking the herbal medicine. As a fact, taking the 'agbo' appeared to have made the matter worse. Now, the pain seemed to be searing at his back.

He was still contemplating what to do when a knock sounded at his door. That must be Aishat, he thought.
'Yes, come in,' he called out.

The door was opened. It was indeed Aishat, wearing a tight-fitting jeans trousers and spaghetti top.
'Oga Guba, good evening,' she greeted.

'Ah, welcome.'

The way he looked and the way he answered her showed that he was distressed.

She sat on the plastic chair close to the old and worn out cushion chair he sat on. 'Anything the matter?' she asked. 'You look sick.'

'I'm not feeling well,' he replied matter-of-factly. 'I've been having this nagging back ache since morning?'

'Back ache?' She looked at him curiously. 'Did you sleep with another man's wife?'

As innocent as the question appeared to be, it struck a chord in his mind. Aishat had guessed right by the fact that he indeed slept with another man's wife. But could that act be responsible for the terrible ache he had been having?

You can get the full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/fear_no_more_a_romance_thriller/27347

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 05, 2019
Intrresting story

read more fiction,romantic,love story on

www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by Ann2012(f): 8:17am On Jun 05, 2019
Well done OP
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by YoungBruzzy(m): 5:39pm On Jun 05, 2019
Wehdone OP
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by iretomiwa99(m): 10:46pm On Jun 05, 2019
wonderful story more grease to your hand ���[b]wonderful story more grease to your hand ���[/b]wonderful story more grease to your hand ���
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by YoungBruzzy(m): 10:54pm On Jun 05, 2019
Which network are you using Iretomiwa99 .. GLO I guess��

1 Like

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by SolaRaphael: 6:14am On Jun 06, 2019
She sat on the plastic chair close to the old and worn out cushion chair he sat on. 'Anything the matter?' she asked. 'You look sick.'

'I'm not feeling well,' he replied matter-of-factly. 'I've been having this nagging back ache since morning?'

'Back ache?' She looked at him curiously. 'Did you sleep with another man's wife?'

As innocent as the question appeared to be, it struck a chord in his mind. Aishat had guessed right by the fact that he indeed slept with another man's wife. But could that act be responsible for the terrible ache he had been having?

'What do you mean by that?' he asked in a way to brow-beat her and to assert his non culpability.

'Well, I've heard about a man who slept with another person's wife. Soon after the action, he started to complain about back and chest pain. He took all sorts of drugs, but the pain and the ache continued. By the following day, he was taken to hospital. The pain defied all treatment. He died on the third day.'

Guba's heart skipped a beat. Was that true? Could what Aishat had told him be the truth? But he would not be shaken by that. Rather he shook his head dismissively and laughed it off.

'Oh, Aishat. You like to dramatize issues. What has sleeping with a woman got to do with all these things?'

'But it is true,' she said vehemently. 'It really happened and ...'

'Alright, alright. Enough of that. Let's talk about other matters.'

There was a brief silence. 'I've come to collect the money you promised.'

Guba was instantly on the offensive. 'Which money?'

She looked surprised. 'Ah, ah. Have you forgotten you asked me to come for the money you said you would give me for my birthday, today?'

He sighed and nodded. Even without her reminding him, he knew very well that he had given her that promise.

'Alright, but I don't really have much on me right now.'
'Just give me what you have,' she said.

Guba nodded, stood up and went to one the trousers he wore to work. There was money in there. He did not bring out the whole lot, but removed some. He counted the naira notes he had brought and handed them to her.

'Here, take this.'

Aishat did not bother to count the money. She opened her hand purse and tucked the money inside. 'Thank you,' she said.

She was surprised he did not ask for sexual gratification as he used to do. The pain must be very serious, she thought, for him not to make a sexual advance.

She stayed with him for several minutes before she finally left.

The sleep he had that night was a fitful one. The pain prevented him from having a good sleep. By dawn, he was convinced without doubt that he had to do something exigent about it. He had to seek professional medical treatment.

Guba did not believe in modern medicine. He believed in orthodox treatment and had always been going for that. There was an herbalist at Ogudu that he normally consulted. The man had proved to be efficient in the past. He would have to visit the man again.

Sam was dressing up for work. There was not much to dress in as he wore a corduroy trousers and a t-shirt. It was few minutes past six. Jenni too was dressing up for work.

'I will have to go to the school clinic,' Jenni was saying. 'The way I'm feeling definitely shows that I should go for a test.'

Sam nodded. 'It's okay.'

He wore a pair of black, leather sandals and was set to leave.

'Won't you wait for the yam I'm boiling to be done? It will soon be ready.'

'I can't wait,' he replied. 'I don't want to be late to work.' He winked at her. 'See you again.'

'Okay,' she said. 'You'll meet the remaining yam when you come back. I won't be coming around here again until tomorrow.'

Sam waved at her and was off. He did not want any trouble from Mrs. Kashi, so he must always be punctual in resuming at work. The traffic was still quite light at that time of the day, so he was able to get to the residence of the Kashis by five minutes to eight.

You can get the full story at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/fear_no_more_a_romance_thriller/27347

1 Like

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by Ann2012(f): 1:57pm On Jun 06, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by DemiKOL(f): 2:16pm On Jun 06, 2019
thanks for the update
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by izaray(f): 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2019
Thanks op
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by SolaRaphael: 12:05am On Jun 08, 2019
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update

DemiKOL:
thanks for the update

izaray:
Thanks op

You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by SolaRaphael: 6:29am On Jun 08, 2019
Sam waved at her and was off. He did not want any trouble from Mrs. Kashi, so he must always be punctual in resuming at work. The traffic was still quite light at that time of the day, so he was able to get to the residence of the Kashis by five minutes to eight.

The house girl came to open the main entrance door for him.
Ok
'Good morning,' the girl greeted.

'Good morning.'

'Madam said you should stay with the security to wait for her.'

He nodded. 'Okay.'

That was it. His new office was the security post. He went to meet the guy, sitting on a plastic chair at the doorpost. He chatted on and off with the guy, talking on sundry matters ranging from the weather to the latest results of UEFA championships.

Surprisingly, madam did not come out on time. Sam remained with the guy for long. It was some minutes after eleven when Madam Kashi emerged from the grand house.

Guba knocked at the door of the traditional doctor he had come to consult.

'Yes, come in,' a husky voice said from inside.

Guba turned the knob and stepped inside the room. As usual the room smelt of herbs. Guba wondered how the inner room would smell and look like. Since he had been coming, he had not met any woman or seen any child. The baba seemed to be living a solitary life.

'Good morning, baba,' Guba greeted.

'Good morning.' Upon recognizing him, the old man beamed in smiles. 'Ah, my son, you're welcome. How are you?'

'I'm not fine, baba. I'm not fine at all.'

The man motioned him to sit on a chair that equally smelt of herbs.

'What could be the problem, my son?'

Guba sat heavily. The pain he had been feeling since the previous day had deteriorated. Now, he was feeling pain not only on his back, but all over his body, especially at the groin, which appeared to have swollen up a bit.

'Baba since yesterday, I've been in serious pain. When I say pain, I mean real pain. I've used different drugs, both modern and orthodox, but the damned pain remains.'

The old man looked at him keenly. 'Since when did you start experiencing the pain?'

'Yesterday afternoon, and it seems to be getting worse.'

The man nodded. 'You fell down from somewhere or hit something or what?'

Guba' s shake of head was emphatic. 'No, I did not. The pain started from my back but had now spread all over the body. Even my groin had swollen up.'

The old man was thoughtful. 'Let me ask the oracle what the problem could be.'

He brought out a string made of cowries, made some incantations and spread the string on the spread white cloth on the table.

He stared at the string and cowries for some seconds and then nodded meaningfully.

'Hmn, what is revealed to me here is a serious problem. You have slept with a woman that had 'magun' on her.'

Guba became crestfallen. That meant Aishat had hit the nail on the head when she suggested that sleeping with another man's wife might be responsible for the pain he was feeling.

He had heard a lot about 'magun' before, but never believed he could be a victim of it. As a matter of fact, Guba had boasted that he had an innate power that would neutralize any such spell. Now, he was at the receiving end.

'But, I've slept with the woman I slept with before, and nothing like this happened.'

The old man nodded. 'Yes, let's just say it was this time around that the woman had the forbidden 'thing' on her.'

Guba winced in pain. 'What do we now do, baba? The deed has been done, what is the solution?'

The old man stared at the cowries and strings for another few seconds. 'I will have to prepare some concoctions for you to eat. The whole thing will be costly, but once you eat it, you will live and become well again. If not, you have three more days to live.'

Guba's heart missed a beat. Three more days to live? No, no, no.

'I'll do anything you ask me to do, baba,' he said with gritted teeth.

'Good. Bring fifty thousand naira to prepare the concoction. Come back in three hours’ time. Once you start taking it from today, the pain will cease. That is the solution to your problem.'

Guba brought his wallet out from his left pocket, counted twenty thousand naira and handed the money to the old man.

'Take this part money, baba. I will be back for the medicine and to pay the balance'.

You can get the full story at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/fear_no_more_a_romance_thriller/27347

2 Likes

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by Ann2012(f): 6:42am On Jun 08, 2019
Guba is in it grin

Well done OP
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by FairCritic(m): 2:13pm On Jun 08, 2019
Thanks for the update.
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by SolaRaphael: 7:14am On Jun 09, 2019
Guba brought his wallet out from his left pocket, counted twenty thousand naira and handed the money to the old man.
'Take this part money, baba. I will be back for the medicine and to pay the balance'
The man grinned. 'You have done well. Don't worry, just come back in the appointed time and start taking the concoction. You'll see how fast you will recover your health.'

'Thank you, baba. Thank you, very much.' Guba winced again as he stood up. There was no doubt in his mind that the old man would find a perfect solution to his problem.

The places where he drove Madam Kashi to the previous day were the same places he drove her to today. There were, however, some variations in the way she behaved to him. She seemed to relax a bit and was less condescending. Besides in the afternoon, she ordered one of the sales girls in the second shop to buy lunch for him. She also left the second shop earlier as she said she wanted to visit one of her friends.
'Drive to Isheri,' she said.

He was directed to Golden Ones Nursery and Primary school, a place owned by Mrs. Khadijat, Madam Kashi's friend. Mrs. Khadijat's residence was adjacent to the school. The two women were together until few minutes after six in the evening. By the time they got to Magodo, it was already past seven.

'Good night, ma'am,' he said as he handed the jeep keys to her.

'Won't you wait to eat dinner before you go?'

'Er, thank you ma'am. Maybe tomorrow,' he politely declined.

But Sam was not in a hurry to go home. He went to a joint at Ketu, close to Ile-Ile bus stop where he sometimes frequented. It was a big place close to the main road. There was a large flat screen beaming a European football match. He ordered for two bottles of beer and a plate of pepper soup.

Later, he ordered for one more bottle of beer. He was at the joint till after nine before he decided to go home. He didn't get home until almost ten. As he was unlocking his door, a female voice greeted him from behind.

'Good evening.'

He quickly turned. He wasn't expecting Jenni this evening, and certainly, the voice did not sound like Jenni's own.

The voice belonged to the lady that occupied the next room.

'Sorry, but I misplaced my key,' she said.

Sam grinned. Bisi was a teacher, or something. He didn't know much about her because he rarely interacted with her. He however knew that she was a relative of Chief Kashi and that she should be in her mid-twenties.

'Good evening,' he replied.

'I misplaced my keys,' she repeated. 'And I could not enter.'

'I see. Let me get a hammer or something to break the padlock.'

'I would rather you don't break it. The padlock is a rare security lock. I forgot the keys in the school where I worked, so I will get them tomorrow morning. All I need is a place to sleep for the night.'

Sam's grin dropped. 'You want the door to remain as it is?' he asked, quite unnecessarily.

'Yes. Can I just put up with you for the night?'

Sam was bemused. What an unusual request! His mind was abuzz. Well, maybe it was just a harmless thing.
He shrugged.

'I guess that's okay.'

'Oh, thank you, so much,' Bisi gushed. 'I appreciate this a lot.'

'You're welcome.' He preceded her to his sitting-room. 'Please, have your seat.'

'Thank you.'

He briefly left her for his bedroom. Now, what kind of guest is this? He asked in his mind as he changed from his leather sandals to a pair of slippers. He soon returned to the sitting-room.

'So, what will you like to eat?' he asked. 'Perhaps, you can go to the kitchen and help yourself.'

She smiled. 'Oh, no, don't bother. I've already taken dinner.'

He sighed. As for him, the refreshments he had bought for himself at the joint were alright for him for the night.

He switched on the television. He wanted to put it on a sports channel, but changed his mind. On an impulse, he handed the remote control to her. 'Put it on a channel of your choice.'

Again, she smiled at him. Not surprising, she changed the channel to the one showing soap opera. Few minutes after, staring blankly at the flat screen, Sam yawned. It was time for him to hit the pillow. But what about his guest?

Maybe she should sleep on the couch in the sitting-room. He would have to get a pillow and a bed spread for her. He stood up, went to the bedroom and brought the two items.

'I'll soon be going to bed,' he told her. 'Please, try to make yourself as much comfortable as possible.'

She collected the items from him, smiling. 'Thanks a lot.'

He nodded. 'You're welcome.' He went on to lock the main door to the sitting-room. 'Good night, then.'

'Good night.'

You can get the full download from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/fear_no_more_a_romance_thriller/27347

1 Like

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by FairCritic(m): 7:52am On Jun 10, 2019
Nice update
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by SolaRaphael: 5:55am On Jun 12, 2019
He nodded. 'You're welcome.' He went on to lock the main door to the sitting-room.

'Good night, then.'

'Good night.'

He went to his bedroom and stripped to his boxer. As usual, he would be sleeping only in the boxer.

He yawned again. Oh, what an eventful day. Tomorrow morning, he would continue with the routine of going to Mrs. Kashi's house to drive her around.

What a job! He lay on the bed and closed his eyes. Well, it didn't matter whether he was now a driver or not. What mattered was as long as the chief would pay him his handsome salary at the end of the month, then everything was alright.

He soon slept off. He had a short dream in which he found himself living in Ontario, Canada. He was living a large life with his white Canadian wife. They were at the dining-table and were about to have a sumptuous and exotic meal. His cherished meal was abruptly interrupted by a hand that aroused him from sleep.

He opened his eyes and stared at a female figure that, at first, looked indistinct.

'Sorry to wake you up,' Bisi said.

Sam had to clear his eyes with his right palm. Then, he remembered her as the neighbor he brought to his mini-flat to spend the night.

'Hmn?'

'I said, sorry to bother you,' she repeated.

'There are many mosquitoes in the sitting-room.'

Sam sat up on the bed. 'Mosquitoes?

You can download the full of from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/fear_no_more_a_romance_thriller/27347

2 Likes

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by Ann2012(f): 9:35am On Jun 12, 2019
Hmmmmm
Mosquitoes.....

Thanks for the update
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by izaray(f): 10:30am On Jun 12, 2019
Sam be very careful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Award For Literature In 1986(throwback Photo) / Broken Bottle / Scents Of Lust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.