Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,028 members, 7,803,461 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) (37249 Views)

Fear No More / The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller / RESTLESS - An Action/Romance Thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by izaray(f): 8:55pm On Sep 14, 2019
Best decision from Sam

Thanks for the upate

1 Like

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by Ann2012(f): 10:31pm On Sep 14, 2019
Sam better be wise
Well done OP
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by FairCritic(m): 10:13pm On Sep 15, 2019
Once bitten, twice shy.
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by SolaRaphael: 10:26pm On Sep 21, 2019
That was not funny, although he felt like laughing.

'I did not such thing,' he said vehemently. 'There was no way I could have done that.'

‘Are you sure?’

‘Of course, my dear. I didn’t handle any big cash in the office. And I was not the one in charge of accounts.’

Somehow, she believed him.

'So, tell me, what is the real reason why you left? Why did they poison you? Why did they want you dead?'

He realized that she already knew much. But should he trust her? The image of Guba came to his mind. Guba was supposed to be his friend and partner. No, he must not trust anyone again.

'Calm down,' he said, stalling. 'Your questions are not what could be answered now. It's not what we can discuss on the phone. When we meet physically, I'll tell you everything.'

'Oh God, I'm so afraid for you, Sam. I love you and I miss you.'

He grinned. 'Don't worry. All these will soon end. I'll be okay. I love you and miss you too.'

She nodded and tried to assure herself that indeed, all would be well. 'Okay, if you say so.'

'Yes, I say so. I think it's better you don't let people know that I've been contacting you. I think it's better that if chief or anyone asks about me, pretend that you've lost contact completely with me. I'll be contacting you again. For now, bye.'

'Take care of yourself, please. Bye.'

A part of his mind told him that she was genuinely concerned about him, but he just had to be careful. After he disengaged the line, he was back to loathing the state of idleness that he found himself.

He went through the phonebook on his phone, thinking of who he could contact that might be of help. The way Chief Kashi was seriously looking for him showed that he just had to steer clear of him, at least for now, if not for ever.

While going through his phone book, he came across the number of an old pally, Kayode, also known as Kayus. Kayode was also based in Lagos before but had relocated to Ado-Ekiti to work for a prominent politician. Sam decided to call him.

'Kayus baba,' he started. 'Long time. How're you, and how're the people of Ekiti? Ekiti kete!'

'Fine. Sorry, who's on the line?'

Sam chuckled. 'Kayode, don't tell me you've lost my number. If you would lose anyone's number, it shouldn't be your old pally.'

'I'm sorry,' Kayus said. 'I've actually lost many numbers. Who's on the phone?'

'This is Sam on the line. Sam Olufemi.'

'Sam! Oh, boy, how are you?'

'Well, Sam dey and is trying to confront the challenges of life.'

'Samuel Olufemi! It's very good to hear from you. What are you doing with yourself right now?'

Sam grinned. 'Ah, it's not easy. I was employed until yesterday when I lost the job. Right now, Sam is at home doing nothing. Can you imagine that? Sam is in the labor market.'

'Is that so?’

‘Na so, my brother.'

There was a short silence.

‘If you don't mind, why don't you come over to Ado-Ekiti? Let's discuss. I'm sure there's something we can offer you.'

Sam was delighted. 'Really, are you sure there's something for me?'

'Sure. Come over, Sam. What are old friends for?'

Sam nodded. 'Where do you say? How do I get in touch with you?'

'Come to the state secretariat here in Ado. Ask for me at the Ministry Transportation. I’m working at the Ministry of Transportation, office of the Honorable Commissioner. There’s a team in the Ministry that gives tricycles and motorcycles to some deserving members of the public. I’ll put in words for you to the Commissioner, so that you can be part of the coordinating team. I'll have to introduce you as a friend and as a staunch supporter of our party. The project is the state government own. Are you ready for this?'

You can get the full download: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/fear_no_more_a_romance_thriller/27347

3 Likes

Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by Ann2012(f): 4:44pm On Sep 22, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by izaray(f): 8:13pm On Sep 22, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by Janet96(f): 9:30am On Sep 24, 2019
Nice update.
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by FairCritic(m): 4:05pm On Sep 29, 2019
Thanks for the update.
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by SolaRaphael: 9:38am On Oct 01, 2019
Sam was delighted. 'Really, are you sure there's something for me?'

'Sure. Come over, Sam. What are old friends for?'

Sam nodded. 'Where do you say? How do I get in touch with you?'

'Come to the state secretariat here in Ado. Ask for me at the Ministry Transportation. I’m working at the Ministry of Transportation, office of the Honorable Commissioner. There’s a team in the Ministry that gives tricycles and motorcycles to some deserving members of the public. I’ll put in words for you to the Commissioner, so that you can be part of the coordinating team. I'll have to introduce you as a friend and as a staunch supporter of our party. The project is the state government own. Are you ready for this?'

Sam smiled. Of course he was ready for it. Why else would he travel all the way from Lagos?

'Yes, I'm ready. And I'm very grateful for asking me in on this.'

Kayode nodded. 'But then, that's what friends are for.'

'Kayus, baba! You know what? I'll be in Ado-Ekiti before 1 p.m. Be expecting me.'

'Good. Sam, I'll be expecting you.'

It didn't take him long to pack up his belongings in the house. It was just few minutes past eight in the morning. If he set out immediately he would get to Ekiti before 1 p.m. But he had to tell Michael the he was on the move again. He would have to thank him and hand over the keys of the house to him.

Guba was in a distressed mood. That morning in his room, he counted the money remaining from what Chief Kashi had given him. He was surprised everything was just N96,680! If he chose the option of declaring the task given to him as unrealizable, then he would have to return the two hundred thousand naira.

That meant he would need to add about N104,000 to the money. Right now, he simply didn't have that kind of money.

What about the option of going after Sam and completing the task? It sounded as a good option, but how would he carry that out? Sam had left for only God knows where?

Even if he knew the place, would he just go and meet him, and shoot him, or what? It was obvious he alone could not execute the task. Then the money he was paid was too little to carry out a successful assassination.

He would have to raise some money between now and the expiration of the time chief gave. Even if it was half of the money he could raise, chief should accept it and take it that he had done his best. It should be as simple as that.

About five hours later, Sam was in the government secretariat in Ado-Ekiti. At the Ministry of Transportation, he was directed to an office on the first floor. He met a lady behind a computer monitor in the ante office.

You can get the full download: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/fear-no-more-a-romance-thriller/27347

https://googleweblight.com/sp?hl=en-US&geid=NSTN&u=https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the_heart_robber/42099
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by Zamar: 4:21pm On Oct 02, 2019
Thank you for the update.
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by Saturn101: 8:43pm On Apr 12, 2020
Nice story.
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by MisterChairman(m): 12:37am On Apr 13, 2020
Nice thread .. Op kip em coming !
Re: Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) by Zamar: 7:37am On Jul 04, 2022
Keep it on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Award For Literature In 1986(throwback Photo) / Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe / Novel: Life Of A Celebrity Written By Onyeneke Abel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.