Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,604 members, 7,801,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Okpu Isi Agụ: Red Cap And Its Meaning To Every Igbo Man - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Okpu Isi Agụ: Red Cap And Its Meaning To Every Igbo Man (1945 Views)

Why Every Igbo Man Must Think Home / The Only People Who Can Wear Igbo Red Cap With Eagle Feathers- Odimegwu Onwumer / Adage Of The Day And Its Meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Okpu Isi Agụ: Red Cap And Its Meaning To Every Igbo Man by bunbit23: 10:31am On May 25, 2019
Chukwuebuka II:
Great One! OdogwuAkataka!

Please sir, what is the true spiritual meaning of the Igbo red cap and okpu agu? I have received different answers but nothing has made me say yes, this is the truth.

Odogwu Akataaka:
Igbo are people with deep spiritual knowledge. Take it as I said. I have gone too far in spirituality and can’t return a failure. When I said a thing, it could be as a result of what was told or seen.

I have seen and heard many things therefore end up acknowledging our deep spiritual knowledge and practices dịka ndigbo.

Igbo’s don’t do things ordinary. Not at all!

This is why you must become wise when you set your path to search and know the ways of the Igbos. Mark my words!

Whosoever set his/her path to search and know the ways of Ndigbo is trading on the path of wisdom and must become wise. There are so many tribes but few are exceptional tribes in the realm of spirits.

Handsome:
Odogwuakataaka, I agree with you. The Igbo culture itself is inseparably tied to the most holy Odinani i.e the pure Igbo religion. No one can practice Odinani in truth and in spirit and miss being wise and holy.

Odogwu Akataaka:
I once reviewed that in Africa and World at large their are kingdoms which are not minor in the realm of spirit.
They are Agulu eri _ Agukwu nri kingdom, Igala kingdom, Benin kingdom, Ile ife kingdom etc.

These kingdoms are not minor and they are within us. They are all found here in west Africa state. Get to know more about them and what makes them great and favorite before the gods.
The secret has to do with their deep spiritual knowledge and practices.

Coming to Ndigbo, Aguleri ji ọfọ Igbo, the reason the Kingdom represent Igbo in spiritual realm. They are aka ji ọfọ Ndigbo!

The red cap which we (Ndigbo) are known for in the land of spirits and humans stands for danger.

Going by the red cap on your head foretells human and spirits that I am not alone, I am not a minor, I am not an ofeke, I am not efulefu, I am not ignorant of my being, I am not a nonentity, I am a nwadiala, I am a man and a spirit: I am dangerous because (ama m ife ana_arụ).

Chidi:
Thank you sir

Odogwu Akataaka:
To proof to human and spirits that these are made possible upon a prize, we put abụba ugo (Eagles feather) at the back or beside the cap.

Whichever side it stands has a message for the wise (human and spirits).

Click to continue reading
http://lighthouseofwisdom.com/forums/topic/okpu-isi-agu-_-red-cap-its-meaning-to-every-igbo-man/

(1) (Reply)

Black People With Blue Eyes-freaks Of Nature? / Writing Yorùbá / Lagos Carnival.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.