Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,426 members, 7,800,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate (7649 Views)

I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates / Man Slaps Wife On Wedding Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by efefemi: 2:05pm On May 25, 2019
A mother of two who pleaded anonymity has taken to social media to ask members of the public whether it was wrong to ask her husband to wash the dishes.
According to her, her husband lost his business to scam and she has been the one catering for the family with the little she earns from her restaurant business. She said: “Truly, My husband was the one who opened the restaurant for me, I cook very well and I still do my cooking by myself as I only direct my staffs on what to do.
“My husband lost his business to scam and since then it’s been me carrying the responsibilities, most of my staffs left because I could not pay them and at some point, all of them left and I had to do everything by myself.
“My husband is doing nothing yet, he just sits at home and maybe go pick the kids from school and all, so yesterday I had lots of customers in the shop, I was doing everything by myself, so as soon as my husband walked in, I asked him to help me rush to wash a few plates while I serve, and he looked at me in some strange way, I repeated myself and he slapped me in public, and walked out.
“I ignored the embarrassment and even most of my customers left, when I got home I noticed that he moved his things, I called his phone and he said he is in his friends place till he gets a job he will come home, that I should take care of the kids.
“He cut the call I tried to call and the next he blocked me.
“What did I do wrong, who is supposed to be upset? I just need to clear my conscience.”

https://efefemisblog.com.ng/2019/05/25/man-slaps-wife-for-asking-him-to-wash-plate/

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 25, 2019
FTC grin

Feminists are coming for the husband right naw...

3 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by Redoil: 2:10pm On May 25, 2019
Blogger efefemi and lie lie story are like 5 and 6

2 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by nzeobi(m): 2:21pm On May 25, 2019
slapping a woman is bad but for the purpose it was done it's OK cos soon you will ask him to be washing your pants.

5 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by DabuIIIT: 2:58pm On May 25, 2019
How the hell you ask your hubby to wash the plates!?
Huge mark of disrespect. A man is a man,he lost his mainstay,he still a man. Leave it to him to do the dishes on his own if he wants to but if he doesn't,don't tell him to. And you still asking who is to blame shows you still looking for trouble.

The guys gat a lot in his head and washing plates not one of them.

Finally,if she hurts your feelings,just walk away,don't ever raise your hands at her.

4 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by IamD18: 3:06pm On May 25, 2019
Would you have summoned the guts and audacity to ask him to wash plate if he was still working? She even said she repeated herself by asking him to wash plates.

Women are just selfish and ungrateful creatures who hides their bitter parts when the going is good. You'll hardly see a woman respect her husband when things turn bad.

Stupid set of creatures.

Helping your wife with chores in cases like this isn't wrong, but judging from the part she said she repeated herself, you don't need to be told that she rudely commanded him, hence her husband's action.

Today is about washing of plate, tommorow might be for him to run out and buy you maggi.

He has packed out for you to have enough space for enjoyment, let him stay with his friend where he'll have peace of mind and rest while he seeks for job.

Then be ready when he finds a job.

I spit on this generation women, una no be am atall!!

5 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by beeblack: 3:12pm On May 25, 2019
The woman got it wrong for telling her husband to wash plate.

Also the husband got it wrong to slap his wife publicly.

All the Nairalanders that are Men,We ask God to give us the materials ( money,wisdom and other things) to cater for our wives.

We reject anything that will makes us to be submissive to women
Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 25, 2019
The man should have slapped her like 3 times. What insolence. Could she have dared when the man still had his business? How could she think the man suddenly has low self esteem? And having 'repeated' yourself (in public) is a pointer on the manner that she used in asking such. mumu. I like that man

1 Like

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by chii8(f): 3:34pm On May 25, 2019
If this isn't copy and paste....,I will say the woman should have asked herself if her husband has ever helped her wash plate,if not why will you tell a grown man to wash plate when you already know he is in his trying time.
The man also should have walked away and not slapping the woman.

1 Like

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by babyfaceafrica: 3:46pm On May 25, 2019
fake story
Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by eyeview: 4:10pm On May 25, 2019
It's not about washing the plate. It may be the tone and the voice with which she lashed out the order. Women have a way of singling out only what they said when things go wrong but will leave out the tone, mannerisms and bossiness which in most times are directed at belittling or rubbishing the man's ego

3 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by tomdon(m): 4:16pm On May 25, 2019
IamD18:
Would you have summoned the guts and audacity to ask him to wash plate if he was still working? She even said she repeated herself by asking him to wash plates.

Women are just selfish and ungrateful creatures who hides their bitter parts when the going is good. You'll hardly see a woman respect her husband when things turn bad.

Stupid set of creatures.

Helping your wife with chores in cases like this isn't wrong, but judging from the part she said she repeated herself, you don't need to be told that she rudely commanded him, hence her husband's action.

Today is about washing of plate, tommorow might be for him to run out and buy you maggi.

He has packed out for you to have enough space for enjoyment, let him stay with his friend where he'll have peace of mind and rest while he seeks for job.

Then be ready when he finds a job.

I spit on this generation women, una no be am atall!!

My God! You're a despicable human being. How is washing plate at home helping your wife. The more reason he should wash it without complaining is because the plates are for business reasons which he is being fed from, he doesn't have to be begged, and it is stated that she requested politely,
Which kind of stone age humans are these!!!

16 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by tomdon(m): 4:21pm On May 25, 2019
Nothing wrong in the woman's request. All the men on this thread lack self esteem. Did God write washing of plate as woman's duty in the Holy book? She will go labor to feed you and your pride will not stop you from eating. Disgusting humans

21 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 25, 2019
nzeobi:
slapping a woman is bad but for the purpose it was done it's OK cos soon you will ask him to be washing your pants.

You are a special kind of stewpid, aren't you?

9 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 25, 2019
Men who lose their jobs and are unable to cater for their families suffer from low self-esteem. The husband in this case felt humiliated by the request due to the insecurities gnawing away at his self-esteem. I think that he moved out because he understood that he went too far and is afraid that it might repeat itself in his condition.

I think he should apologize and then be useful supporting his wife's business but I also feel sorry for him. This immature behavior is the result of his upbringing.

13 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 25, 2019
The woman lack Manner's she's an uncultured woman how can you order your husband to wash plate in public, just because he lost his job wtf. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by firstbornson(m): 6:20pm On May 25, 2019
chii8:
If this isn't copy and paste....,I will say the woman should have asked herself if her husband has ever helped her wash plate,if not why will you tell a grown man to wash plate when you already know he is in his trying time.
The man also should have walked away and not slapping the woman.

If he had just worked away, she would have shouted it out to her.

"What kind of husband are you? Can't you see I need help here?"

Stupid woman.

2 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by firstbornson(m): 6:33pm On May 25, 2019
tomdon:

My God! You're a despicable human being. How washing plate helping your wife. Which kind of stone age humans are these!!!

This isn't about the man not helping his wife. Its about the way she "asked" him.

"I repeated"

After saying it the first time, was she now expecting a "Yes, ma"?

This is probably a man that used to pay the rent, children's schools, even give her money to start her business.

Now all of a sudden, you are "asking" him to wash plate. Not even at home, but in the public...lol. Women!!

Its very funny how some women choose to fight the nature of a man and expect to enjoy their marriage. Its better and wiser to understand who a man, your man is, and have a blissful marriage.

1 Like

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by SweetCunt97(f): 6:41pm On May 25, 2019
mikezuruki:
The man should have slapped her like 3 times. What insolence. Could she have dared when the man still had his business? How could she think the man suddenly has low self esteem? And having 'repeated' yourself (in public) is a pointer on the manner that she used in asking such. mumu. like that man
Please shut up! The woman asked for help! She's the only one in the restaurant. So both couple can't work together in the restaurant? Men and silly ego. When he had a job, she wasn't burdened by bills to not b able to pay her staffs. U men should think with ur brains

12 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by SweetCunt97(f): 6:43pm On May 25, 2019
Mindfulness:

You are a special kind of stewpid, aren't you?
The husband has ego issues. Very insensitive. Imagine d fool left the kids for the woman to care for.

6 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 25, 2019
BornagainThief:
The woman lack Manner's she's an uncultured woman how can you order your husband to wash plate in public, just because he lost his job wtf. undecided

You are weak.

6 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 25, 2019
SweetCunt97:
The husband has ego issues. Very insensitive. Imagine d fool left the kids for the woman to care for.

I don't think you got my message right.
It's normal for a man's ego to suffer in the face of unemployment and it is actually not a bad thing because it motivates him to find something new instead of becoming lazy but some men lose it instead of getting their act together. It is not easy.
Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by SweetCunt97(f): 6:49pm On May 25, 2019
Mindfulness:

I don't think you got my message right.
It's normal for a man's ego to suffer in the face of unemployment and it is actually not a bad thing because it motivates him to find something new instead of becoming lazy but some men lose it instead of getting their act together. It is not easy.
I know it's not. But this man isn't even helpful. How will d woman take care of the kids if she breaks down under d weight and stress of the restaurant?

4 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by Richy4(m): 7:32pm On May 25, 2019
Bruised Ego 101...
I can just imagine how she must have shouted it as if he was one of her staffs during the so called rush hour when the customers were everywhere and she was stressing out all by herself...

No matter how many times a man confesses his undying love for his wife, I don't think any man would like to be in such situations... This is one of the things some ladies would find hard to understand...

If he does it once, She will make sure that becomes part of his job description for a long period of time.. in fact the next thing will be that he will graduate into serving the customers...if he doesn't, he is inconsiderate human, egocentric etc.. big time dilemma for the man..

1 Like

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 25, 2019
Mindfulness:

You are a weak.
how am I weak? Explain? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by eyeview: 8:25pm On May 25, 2019
Richy4:
Bruised Ego 101...
I can just imagine how she must have shouted it as if he was one of her staffs during the so called rush hour when the customers were everywhere and she was stressing out all by herself...

No matter how many times a man confesses his undying love for his wife, I don't think any man would like to be in such situations... This is one of the things some ladies would find hard to understand...

If he does it once, She will make sure that becomes part of his job description for a long period of time.. in fact the next thing will be that he will graduate into serving the customers...if he doesn't, he is inconsiderate human, egocentric etc.. big time dilemma for the man..

Mature comment.

I can get you that if that man works in a top establishment as a top mgt staff and stops by from work to see her, she won't ask him to help her wash plates.

1 Like

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by eyeview: 8:27pm On May 25, 2019
SweetCunt97:

You are still immature and inexperienced. Comments from married women on this topic will be different from your post.

4 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 25, 2019
BornagainThief:
how am I weak? Explain? undecided

You would feel belittled by your wife asking for your help in the presence of others. Your self-esteem depends on how others treat and view you. This is the very definition of weakness.

6 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by crackhaus: 10:04pm On May 25, 2019
Mindfulness:

You would feel belittled by your wife asking for your help in the presence of others. Your self-esteem depends on how others treat and view you. This is the very definition of weakness.
Only someone whose head is permanently in the clouds (detached from reality) would have a self-esteem that is not fed in some ways by how he/she is treated and viewed by some other people.

In a social world, perception is everything - my old boss, a CEO in his own right once told me this.
If I state his name, you might know him.

More to the point, did you put everything into consideration before forming your conclusion?
You don't know if the wife actually "asked".

Doesn't justify the slap still, but it's always necessary to identify the cause before arguing the merits/demerits of the reaction to it.

5 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 25, 2019
crackhaus:

Only someone whose head is permanently in the clouds (detached from reality) would have a self-esteem that is not fed in some ways by how he/she is treated and viewed by some other people.

In a social world, perception is everything - my old boss, a CEO in his own right once told me this.
If I state his name, you would know him.

That aside, did you put everything into consideration before forming your conclusion?
You don't know if the wife actually "asked".

Doesn't justify the slap though, but it's always necessary to identify the cause before arguing the merits/demerits of the reaction to it.

The write up says she asked. If she asked and he resorted to violence, then it goes beyond his self-esteem being in some ways fed by how he is viewed by people.

Some people are not shaken by other people's reactions to them to the extent this man was. There are people who shake it off more easily or do not let other people's actions get to them so much in the first place. These people have developed a strong(er) sense of self and depend less on approval or disapproval.

I think you have misinterpreted the words of your former boss.

5 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by Acidosis(m): 10:54pm On May 25, 2019
SweetCunt97:
[s]Please shut up! The woman asked for help! She's the only one in the restaurant. So both couple can't work together in the restaurant? Men and silly ego. When he had a job, she wasn't burdened by bills to not b able to pay her staffs. U men should think with ur brains[/s]

Stfu!
Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by crackhaus: 11:04pm On May 25, 2019
Mindfulness:

The write up says she asked. If she asked and he resorted to violence, then it goes beyond his self-esteem being in some ways fed by how he is viewed by people.
The writeup is the wife relating the incident in first person.
So I state it again, you don't know if the wife actually "asked".

Some people are not shaken by other people's reactions to them to the extent this man was. There are people who shake it off more easily or do not let other people's actions get to them so much in the first place. These people have developed a strong(er) sense of self and depend less on approval or disapproval.
Glad you now divided people into groups instead of just proclaiming that anyone who depends on approval or disapproval is weak.

I think you have misinterpreted the words of your former boss.
It's okay if you think that.

Perception here means how people perceive you, ergo, their approval or disapproval (your words).
Again, perception is everything in a social world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You / Woman Mouth Lashed For Kneeling To Appreciate Her Husband Publicly? / Would You Love To Have Twins In Your 1st Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.