Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate (7672 Views)

I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates / Man Slaps Wife On Wedding Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by cococandy(f): 3:15pm On May 26, 2019
eyinjuege:

Does it make sense not to help in the restaurant feeding him and his family? Why is it seen as shameful for a man to wash plates? Or serve in his wife's restaurant?
Yahoo Yahoo only thrives with such mentality. There is dignity in labour and only a lazy person will say washing plates is beneath him when the same business feeds his ass, fuels his car, pays his rent and children's school fees. Such a venture should be protected.
There's serious money in food business as people must eat. You hardly ever make losses from such ventures. This is a business idea for those looking for what to do, and who can cook. Start small, and you can at least pay your bills and feed from it.

The fact that this had to be said. On a forum where people claim to have common sense. Sigh.
I don’t even bother anymore.

7 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by MizMyColi(f): 3:15pm On May 26, 2019
Mindfulness:

On a rational level, he understand you are right.
On an emotional level, I smell psychopathic tendencies.

Maybe that's what it is.

If I'm that woman, let me put it pomp and plain...

I WILL deal with that man. Next time, he better learn not to disrespect my body when I didn't disrespect his.

Nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 26, 2019
MizMyColi:

Thoroughly co-signed.

Even if it's my child, if I beat her out of frustration, why should I justify it?

Would it kill me to accept that I was wrong? That no matter what she has done...it does not justify beating her?

How much more a grown woman?

What temerity?

How can you use negativity to deal with negativity and still be looking for a nod from the universe that you are somehow right for what you did?

Like I said, their beliefs stand in their way to objective reasoning.
It is well.
Everything changes eventually and there is no regression, only progress. wink

2 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 26, 2019
MizMyColi:

Maybe that's what it is.

If I'm that woman, let me put it pomp and plain...

I WILL deal with that man. Next time, he better learn not to disrespect my body when I didn't disrespect his.

Nonsense.

I applaud your clarity, strength and determination. This is how it should be. Self-respect first.

3 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by MizMyColi(f): 3:17pm On May 26, 2019
Mindfulness:

Like I said, their beliefs stand in their way to objective reasoning.
It is well.
Everything changes eventually and there is no regression, only progress. wink

A large Resounding Amen to the Progress Part.
Amen. We need it in this country.

4 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by crackhaus: 3:17pm On May 26, 2019
MizMyColi:

Again...we do not know that she was impolite or rude.

And if you think it's okay to excuse the man for slapping his woman because she told him to help out whether rudely or not...

Mehn, we should prolly end it here...

Gosh, there are things I don't want to imagine happening to me.

I did not insult you. I did not hold your shirt to your throat. In my state of feeling pressured because I'm working so hard to feed myself, feed YOU and our children, I call out to you to help me with dishes...and your response to me is a slap...for WHAT?

Again I ask, if you can't help my situation at that time, if you can't join me in sacrificing for our family...

Why not walk out?
Why slap me?

Did I insult you or pose any physical threat to you?
Is asking for your help an insult that should warrant your slapping me?

Ndi mmadu sef.
You're prevaricating.
I am not trying to justify the slap.

I only put it to YOU that if YOU can justify a wife being rude to her husband because of stress, then YOU should also be able to justify the husband slapping her because he's also experiencing stress.
Everyone reacts to stress.

I put YOU in capitals this time, in case you missed them other times.

2 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by eyinjuege: 3:20pm On May 26, 2019
crackhaus:

The slap was crude, I don't think anyone supports that.
We are trying to understand the circumstances that led to it.

Could there have been a better way for her to ask/demand his assistance out of earshot of everyone else?

When you're faced in a high pressure situation, with a lot of hungry, probably loud customers waiting for their food and you're alone in the restaurant dishing out food and collecting money at the same time(perhaps it was even lunch break hour, usually busy) you'll be glad to see any life saver like a husband, sister/brother or friend and you'll probably shout over the noise - "PLS, HELP ME BE WASHING THOSE PLATES OVER THERE". (Unfortunately in her case, her husband was not a lifesaver but a stressor).
You probably dont have time to go and meet the person, take him/ her to one side and be explaining why it would be nice for them to help you (remember your customers are waiting and queuing up, your money box is probably still out there over the counter exposed.
I definitely expect someone who feeds from the proceeds should know better. That's just me sha. I cant see my friend struggling in her food place and won't automatically render help without being asked, how much more a spouse.

4 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by crackhaus: 3:20pm On May 26, 2019
Mindfulness:

Have you ever been diagnosed? I mean psychologically? grin
You remember when I used to tell you to get treatment for your wide-spectrum psychological disorders? cheesy

Those were the days mehn...I honestly thought you were nuts grin
Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by crackhaus: 3:22pm On May 26, 2019
eyinjuege:

When you're faced in a high pressure situation, with a lot of hungry, probably loud customers waiting for their food and you're alone in the restaurant dishing out food and collecting money at the same time(perhaps it was even lunch break hour, usually busy) you'll be glad to see any life saver like a husband, sister/brother or friend and you'll probably shout over the noise - "PLS, HELP ME BE WASHING THOSE PLATES OVER THERE". (Unfortunately in her case, her husband was not a lifesaver but a stressor).
You probably dont have time to go and meet the person, take him/ her to one side and be explaining why it would be nice for them to help you (remember your customers are waiting and queuing up, your money box is probably still out there over the counter exposed.
I definitely expect someone who feeds from the proceeds should know better. That's just me sha. I cant see my friend struggling in her food place and won't automatically render help without being asked, how much more a spouse.
Hmmm, okay.
Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by MizMyColi(f): 3:23pm On May 26, 2019
Mindfulness:

I applaud your clarity, strength and determination. This is how it should be. Self-respect first.

Yes. Even if you give me the world, you don't dare disrespect my body or disfigure it in any way. Only childbirth is permitted to do that to me.

My parents did not give my hand in marriage to you for you to turn me to slapping or punching bag.

If I hit you, it would be different.. If I gave you hot insults that really pushed you.....that one is different.. In fact, if I insult you..Insult me back. But don't hit me. I did not hit you. And if you feel my mouth is too much for you, walk out.

4 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 26, 2019
crackhaus:

You remember when I used to tell you to get treatment for your wide-spectrum psychological disorders? cheesy

Those were the days mehn...I honestly thought you were nuts grin

These days I think you are a psychopath. How times change ... wink

1 Like

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 26, 2019
MizMyColi:

Yes. Even if you give me the world, you don't dare disrespect my body or disfigure it in any way. Only childbirth is permitted to do that to me.

My parents did not give my hand in marriage to you for you to turn me to slapping or punching bag.

If I hit you, it would be different.. If I gave you hot insults that really pushed you.....that one is different.. In fact, if I insult you..Insult me back. But don't hit me. I did not hit you. And if you feel my mouth is too much for you, walk out.

Problem is that some daughters will even be told to go back and apologize. Imagine that!
Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by MizMyColi(f): 3:27pm On May 26, 2019
crackhaus:

You're prevaricating.
I am not trying to justify the slap.

I only put it to YOU that if YOU can justify a wife being rude to her husband because of stress, then YOU should also be able to justify the husband slapping her because he's also experiencing stress.
Everyone reacts to stress.

I put YOU in capitals this time, in case you missed them other times.

If I did not disrespect your body, why should you disrespect mine.

If I disrespected your ego and you have the need to go on a vengeful spree, disrespect my ego too.

Don't touch my body when I have not permitted you to do so. Don't disfigure it either.

Doing otherwise means you're a psychopath.

5 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by MizMyColi(f): 3:29pm On May 26, 2019
Mindfulness:

Problem is that some daughters will even be told to go back and apologize. Imagine that!

They should well done.
Tomorrow, they will fill the news about how one wife stabbed their husband.

2 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 26, 2019
MizMyColi:

They should well done.
Tomorrow, they will fill the news about how one wife stabbed their husband.

You know dysfunctional families are healthier than divorced parents who co-parent without all the drama. grin
Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by MizMyColi(f): 3:32pm On May 26, 2019
crackhaus:

I'm happy for both of you, honestly..

I never thought Mindfulness capable of making any real friends on NL. She's always fighting everyone, male and female. grin

Does she really?
I think she's too hot and mentally sound for you guys to handle. tongue

Well, whether she fights or not, I just love her like that biko.

2 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by MizMyColi(f): 3:33pm On May 26, 2019
Mindfulness:

You know dysfunctional families are healthier than divorced parents who co-parent without all the drama. grin

Only in Africa, and some parts of Asia, I suppose cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by crackhaus: 3:37pm On May 26, 2019
MizMyColi:

If I did not disrespect your body, why should you disrespect mine.

If I disrespected your ego and you have the need to go on a vengeful spree, disrespect my ego too.

Don't touch my body when I have not permitted you to do so. Don't disfigure it either.

Doing otherwise means you're a psychopath.
But isn't this kind of thinking that gets some of you women beat up by men with little self-control? cheesy

Like you seriously do something to hurt a man's ego, then go ahead to dictate how he should react to you... You're too funny.
Your Majesty.. grin

By the way, the ONLY way a woman can disrespect a man is using her tongue to break his ego. Ain't nothing else y'all can do besides that.
It's not like there's a choice between hurting his body or hurting his ego. Don't make me laugh abeg.

1 Like

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 26, 2019
MizMyColi:

Only in Africa, and some parts of Asia, I suppose cheesy cheesy cheesy

You see the result of this way of thinking. cry

Hun, I need to get some more pages finished. I hope I will see you around soon? kiss kiss kiss
Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by MizMyColi(f): 3:40pm On May 26, 2019
Mindfulness:

You see the result of this way of thinking. cry

Hun, I need to get some more pages finished. I hope I will see you around soon? kiss kiss kiss

Yassss. :-" kiss

I'm always around. Just not always writing.

Hope the project goes smoothly kiss

And hope I'll see you around more.

2 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 26, 2019
eyinjuege:

Very nice description of it means to be in this business.
She is running and sweating but as soon oga enters she must tiptoe. Nonsense!

4 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by crackhaus: 3:42pm On May 26, 2019
Mindfulness:

These days I think you are a psychopath. How times change ... wink
Coming from a veteran psychopath, it's hard to take it serious.
You probably think the voices you hear in your head are full of wisdom. grin
Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by MizMyColi(f): 3:43pm On May 26, 2019
eyinjuege:

Did Crackhaus read this and still justify the slap cheesy
I've said enough.
Let me sleep grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 26, 2019
MizMyColi:

Yassss. :-" kiss

I'm always around. Just not always writing.

Hope the project goes smoothly kiss

And hope I'll see you around more.

I have nothing to lose. From now on everything is an extra. cheesy wink smiley
Take good care of yourself. kiss Make your well-being top priority always wink
It's so easy to remember all the wisdom that should guide me when talking to you, as usual. smiley wink kiss

I might sneak in later. Until then ... take perfect care of yourself. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by MizMyColi(f): 3:45pm On May 26, 2019
Mindfulness:

I have nothing to lose. From now on everything is an extra. cheesy wink smiley
Take good care of yourself. kiss Make your well-being top priority always wink
It's so easy to remember all the wisdom that should guide me when talking to you, as usual. smiley wink kiss

I might sneak in later. Until then ... take perfect care of yourself. kiss kiss kiss

And you too, Angel smiley smiley smiley

kiss kiss kiss

Go happier, go higher.
It only gets better from here on.

2 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by crackhaus: 3:47pm On May 26, 2019
MizMyColi:

Does she really?
I think she's too hot and mentally sound for you guys to handle. tongue

Well, whether she fights or not, I just love her like that biko.
I know you're kidding... cheesy cheesy
Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by eyinjuege: 3:48pm On May 26, 2019
Mindfulness:

Very nice description of it means to be in this business.
She is running and sweating but as soon oga enters she must tiptoe. Nonsense!
In fact, I tire.
Most problems in marriage happen because spouses dont put themselves in the other's shoes.
If we all applied the golden rule of "Do unto others as you want done to you", many will be in happier marriages, and the difficulties of life won't appear so overwhelming.

2 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by MizMyColi(f): 3:50pm On May 26, 2019
crackhaus:

I know you're kidding... cheesy cheesy

Absolutely not. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by crackhaus: 3:51pm On May 26, 2019
MizMyColi:

Did Crackhaus read this and still justify the slap cheesy
I've said enough.
Let me sleep grin
You are the one justifying things here using stress as an excuse.
My very first submission on this topic already condemned the slap, don't take us back.
Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by crackhaus: 3:53pm On May 26, 2019
MizMyColi:

Absolutely not. smiley
For her own sake, you better be kidding. cheesy

Someone that is too hot and mentally sound for ALL the males on Nairaland to handle.
Get where I'm going yet? grin
Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by MizMyColi(f): 3:56pm On May 26, 2019
crackhaus:

For her own sake, you better be kidding. cheesy

Someone that is too hot and mentally sound for ALL the males on Nairaland to handle.
Get where I'm going yet? grin

All the males she's bantered with, yes smiley

3 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife For Asking Him To Wash Plate by bukatyne(f): 4:01pm On May 26, 2019
eyinjuege:

In fact, I tire.
Most problems in marriage happen because spouses dont put themselves in the other's shoes.
If we all applied the golden rule of "Do unto others as you want done to you", many will be in happier marriages, and the difficulties of life won't appear so overwhelming.

Nigerian marriages right from time doesn't run by that principle.

If a woman can't make sense of a Nigerian marriage, she should steer clear of a Nigerian man.

And may I stare that some wives are so dysfunctional that the only man they can respect is a Nigerian man.

I have seen examples of wives who sit up after serious handling by their husbands.

Demand and Supply.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? / Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married / Help Me Get Over My Sister's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.