Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,989 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Honda City 2007 Jerking While In Gear - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda City 2007 Jerking While In Gear (2297 Views)

Lexus RX 350 Jerking / Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? / Can I Replace Honda City Engine With Toyota Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda City 2007 Jerking While In Gear by franklin93(m): 8:57pm On May 25, 2019
Hello folks, pls I have a Honda city 2007 but lately I experience jerking while the car is in drive or reverse but when it's on neutral or park everything seems perfect but then when I begin to drive it jerks as if there is a misfire. I have replaced two coils and the remaining two seems ok. Pls does anyone possibly know what could be wrong? More so, no check engine light showing.
Re: Honda City 2007 Jerking While In Gear by CityNGR: 9:02pm On May 25, 2019
Sell it
Re: Honda City 2007 Jerking While In Gear by Mayor555(m): 10:41pm On May 25, 2019
I had a similar challenge with my Honda city last year.... It was crazy..... But as crazy as it was, it was solved with just #500.

In my case, it was the coil, I only repackaged it with silicone gum.

So, are you sure those coils are good?

They may seem good but could be the problem.... There's a way we test coil, I don't knowhat if you know how to. Check for electric spark(i hope you understand this)...if there's any tiny spark noise, there you have the cause.

Check your fuel pump too...
Check your fuel injectors too(the call it nozzle) if they supply well.

It took me about two months to resolve mine that year... After I had changed fuel pump(complete), washed fuel tank, changed complete fuel injectors/ nozzles, even I changed airflow sensor....
Only to discover that two coils were the culprit. They were sparking slightly

4 Likes

Re: Honda City 2007 Jerking While In Gear by franklin93(m): 11:23pm On May 25, 2019
Mayor555:
I had a similar challenge with my Honda city last year.... It was crazy..... But as crazy as it was, it was solved with just #500.

In my case, it was the coil, I only repackaged it with silicone gum.

So, are you sure those coils are good?

They may seem good but could be the problem.... There's a way we test coil, I don't knowhat if you know how to. Check for electric spark(i hope you understand this)...if there's any tiny spark noise, there you have the cause.

Check your fuel pump too...
Check your fuel injectors too(the call it nozzle) if they supply well.

It took me about two months to resolve mine that year... After I had changed fuel pump(complete), washed fuel tank, changed complete fuel injectors/ nozzles, even I changed airflow sensor....
Only to discover that two coils were the culprit. They were sparking slightly

Thanks for your post. I really appreciate. Fuel pump replaced, nozzles serviced & they are firing well, fuel filter replaced, fuel tank very neat, plugs replaced and yet the problem persist. I guess we have to look at the coils again. I just hope is not transmission related.
Re: Honda City 2007 Jerking While In Gear by oluwaseunla(m): 1:34am On May 26, 2019
07 Honda City Replace your transmission oil with Honda CVT fluid. You should be fine. That transmission is notorious for that particular vibration. If you refuse to when it starts jerking, well, a new transmission may be loading.
Re: Honda City 2007 Jerking While In Gear by franklin93(m): 4:08am On May 26, 2019
oluwaseunla:
07 Honda City Replace your transmission oil with Honda CVT fluid. You should be fine. That transmission is notorious for that particular vibration. If you refuse to when it starts jerking, well, a new transmission may be loading.

Thanks for your advise. Please where can I get the CVT fluid?
Re: Honda City 2007 Jerking While In Gear by oluwaseunla(m): 5:48am On May 26, 2019
franklin93:

Thanks for your advise. Please where can I get the CVT fluid?

Just a quick question. Does the vibrations when you start driving clear out after few seconds? Is it more noticeable when climbing a hill?

Vibration on reverse can also be caused by bad engine seats. You may need to have a tech test drive and ascertain for sure.
Re: Honda City 2007 Jerking While In Gear by franklin93(m): 6:03am On May 26, 2019
oluwaseunla:

Just a quick question. Does the vibrations when you start driving clear out after few seconds? Is it more noticeable when climbing a hill?

Vibration on reverse can also be caused by bad engine seats. You may need to have a tech test drive and ascertain for sure.

The vehicle is jerks while on drive or reverse. It is stable while in park or neutral. The jerking is noticeable when the vehicle temperature has risen like after 20 minutes of steady driving. It does not vibrate but jerks as if there is a misfire but when you stop the vehicle and fire it there is no sign of engine misfire.
Re: Honda City 2007 Jerking While In Gear by Mayor555(m): 7:15am On May 26, 2019
Franklin93
My city was manual transmission....

Check the the coils whilst checking Oga oluwaseun's suggestion.....
I still believe it's the coils.... That thing show me pepper that year.
Re: Honda City 2007 Jerking While In Gear by CityNGR: 7:31am On May 26, 2019
Mayor555:
Franklin93
My city was manual transmission....

Check the the coils whilst checking Oga oluwaseun's suggestion.....
I still believe it's the coils.... That thing show me pepper that year.

Coils don't jerk only when driving... They must at least cause a misfire at idle.... I'd go with oluwaseunla's prognosis... Mounts, tranny. Op all the best. But why not scan the vehicle?

1 Like

Re: Honda City 2007 Jerking While In Gear by Mayor555(m): 7:42am On May 26, 2019
CityNGR:

Coils don't jerk only when driving... They must at least cause a misfire at idle.... I'd go with oluwaseunla's prognosis... Mounts, tranny. Op all the best. But why not scan the vehicle?

Smiles, have you used city before? Mine had no rough idle, fires very well on neutral.... Scanned and scanned no fault code....highly placed mechanics and rewire checked it.... Boss all of them were mentioning mounts, fuel pump, nozzles and all....
My junior brother and I were the one who got the culprits..and we took it to the most unlikely place to be fixed...

Other referenced mechanic checked the coils too, but none saw it..
Re: Honda City 2007 Jerking While In Gear by CityNGR: 8:57am On May 26, 2019
Mayor555:

Smiles, have you used city before? Mine had no rough idle, fires very well on neutral.... Scanned and scanned no fault code....highly placed mechanics and rewire checked it.... Boss all of them were mentioning mounts, fuel pump, nozzles and all....
My junior brother and I were the one who got the culprits..and we took it to the most unlikely place to be fixed...

Ok sir
Re: Honda City 2007 Jerking While In Gear by franklin93(m): 10:16am On May 26, 2019
Mayor555:

Thanks bro. Actually am suspecting these coils. It happened to me weeks ago so I changed two coils and it stopped suddenly it began again. Am with a mechanic now. I will update u guys on our findings
Re: Honda City 2007 Jerking While In Gear by 9icetoo(m): 10:27am On May 26, 2019
CityNGR:

True that. Happened to me as well. Got coils from Gazzuzz, swapped and the jerking disappeared meanwhile every mechanic I engaged said my coils were okay.

3 Likes

Re: Honda City 2007 Jerking While In Gear by franklin93(m): 12:39pm On May 26, 2019
9icetoo:

True that. Happened to me as well. Got coils from Gazzuzz, swapped and the jerking disappeared meanwhile every mechanic I engaged said my coils were okay.

Hello Folks, I really appreciate everyone's suggestion. I glad to announce to you all that my vehicle is running perfect ones again. Indeed the coil was the culprit here. One of them was damaged at the neck which could only be seen if you uninstalled & removed the straight tube attached to it to have a visual inspection. Got a new coil & then use silicon gum of the necks & all was fine.

Lesson to learn.

1. Coils might be damaged even if they sensitive to disconnecting the coil wiring harness/wiring sockets.

2. Coils could actually leak from the plastics tubes.

3. Vehicle might not misfire while on idle, neutral or park and yet still have a bad coil.

4. Vehicle jerking is synonymous to plug misfire, coil misfire, fuel pump and injectors but to diagnose the fault it's better to start from the basics like inspection of plugs and coils before progressing to more complex parts.

4 Likes

Re: Honda City 2007 Jerking While In Gear by CityNGR: 2:32pm On May 26, 2019
9icetoo:

Ok.
Re: Honda City 2007 Jerking While In Gear by Mayor555(m): 3:51pm On May 26, 2019
franklin93:

Hello Folks, I really appreciate everyone's suggestion. I glad to announce to you all that my vehicle is running perfect ones again. Indeed the coil was the culprit here. One of them was damaged at the neck which could only be seen if you uninstalled & removed the straight tube attached to it to have a visual inspection. Got a new coil & then use silicon gum of the necks & all was fine.

Lesson to learn.

1. Coils might be damaged even if they sensitive to disconnecting the coil wiring harness/wiring sockets.

2. Coils could actually leak from the plastics tubes.

3. Vehicle might not misfire while on idle, neutral or park and yet still have a bad coil.

4. Vehicle jerking is synonymous to plug misfire, coil misfire, fuel pump and injectors but to diagnose the fault it's better to start from the basics like inspection of plugs and coils before progressing to more complex parts.

CityNGR

you see, I was correct.

Oga Franklin93, you owe me a drink.... Lolsssss.

That experience I shared, I got it with two months torture from Honda city......! ! The car go always dey jerk, gave me several serious headaches..... Lolsss

I come dey reason village people for the matter sef, say maybe na them

4 Likes

Re: Honda City 2007 Jerking While In Gear by CityNGR: 4:13pm On May 26, 2019
thanks for the mention

Mayor555:

CityNGR

you see, I was correct.

That experience I shared, I got it with two months torture from Honda city......! ! The car go always dey jerk, gave me several serious headaches..... Lolsss

1 Like

Re: Honda City 2007 Jerking While In Gear by franklin93(m): 5:59pm On May 26, 2019
Mayor555:

CityNGR

you see, I was correct.

My dear in my case I was always unhappy driving my car. Jerking was too bad that the vehicle throws you back and forth

Pls I need to know where I can get CVT Fluid in Abuja biko
Re: Honda City 2007 Jerking While In Gear by Mayor555(m): 6:02pm On May 26, 2019
franklin93:

My dear in my case I was always unhappy driving my car. Jerking was too bad that the vehicle throws you back and forth

Pls I need to know where I can get CVT Fluid in Abuja biko

Let me help you call kingreign... Please help a bro
Re: Honda City 2007 Jerking While In Gear by temi4fash(m): 10:19pm On Jan 29, 2020
franklin93:
Hello folks, pls I have a Honda city 2007 but lately I experience jerking while the car is in drive or reverse but when it's on neutral or park everything seems perfect but then when I begin to drive it jerks as if there is a misfire. I have replaced two coils and the remaining two seems ok. Pls does anyone possibly know what could be wrong? More so, no check engine light showing.

Bros

Whixh oil do you use to servixe your city 2007?

Also, Which transmission oil do you use? My mechanic is used ATFDW1

(1) (Reply)

Native 32 Game Disc / Advise On The Mazda 3 2005 / What To Do Before Buying A Tokunbo Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.