Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time (31930 Views)

Body Exposing Dress A Lady Wore To Church That Got People Talking -see Photos / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 9:04am On May 26, 2019
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by kay4kay: 9:05am On May 26, 2019
netflicks:
But is it true that the person to take over from dady G.O redeem church is still in beer parlour? How true is this pls....

Na me nau

But I will leave beer parlour next year
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by UceeGod: 9:06am On May 26, 2019
True, but most of the members are hypocrites. I grew up in Deeper Life and it's the only denomination I can attest to as a true Christian church.

6 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by toffyz(m): 9:06am On May 26, 2019
FactBoyz:
 [b][/b]

Since its inception in 1973, Deeper Life Bible church is a church that stands out from the rest. Thanks to their uniqueness, sobriety and dressing sense which has remained unchanged since its inception. If you want to see “Christian sisters” still on long skirts with modest dresses and blouses; you will certainly find them in their thousands in this church. Factboyz brings to you 10 things you should know about Deeper Life Bible Church.

1. Unyielding Members:

Deeper life members are always seen by other Christians of other denomination as too rigid and too unyielding to the societal pressures around them. With the belief that everyone should live soberly and righteously even as written in the Holy Scriptures (Titus 2 verses 11) they rarely yield to pressures to commit sin.

2. The Overseer Handles Its Bible Studies:

For more than 30 years, Deeper Life Bible Studies are handled by it’s general overseer and founder; Williams Folorunsho Kumuyi; and for more than 10 years is televised worldwide in Deeper Life churches every Monday beginning for 7pm.

3. Quiet, Reserved Members:

From personal experience and encounter with some members of this Evangelical church, I discovered that majority or perhaps, a good number of them have a quiet, reserved attitude. This might not be unconnected to the fact that “foolish talk and jesting” is highly discouraged in the church.

4. Modest Dressing:

This fact stands as the one of the major things that has made this church very popular. Men who attend Deeper Life are known to dress smartly with trousers and well tucked in shirts; while ladies are known to wear long, modest dresses and skirts while totally covering their heads. Williams Kumuyi, its founder puts so much emphasis on the concept of Christian Dressing.

5. Strict Holiness Doctrine:

Deeper Life Bible Church has its foundation in strong church doctrines that might not change anytime soon. For instance, the church believes that women are not to put on earrings quoting 1 Peter 3 verses 3 and 1 Timothy 2 verses 9. Same with its stance on trousers as they don’t allow women wear trousers citing historical reasons such as the fact that before trousers for women were made popular in the 1960s; it was not accepted as a female wear. Biblically they quote Deuteronomy 22 verses 5.

6. Christmas Spent In A Camp Ground:

Christmas Time is a time most Nigerians spend in their respective hometowns and villages; however, it is a bit different for Deeper Life members as End of Year camps are organized starting from around 24th of December and ending around 27th. Hence, in their various campgrounds all around the nation; thousands gather to hear the word of God preached to them.

7. Its Founder Was A Lecturer:

W.F KumuyiWillam Folorunsho Kumuyi, (b. 1941) was a lecturer who taught in the University of Lagos. He graduated with a first class honours in mathematics from the University of Ibadan in 1967. In 1973 while as a university professor, he began a bible study group with 15 students who had come to him for Bible training. This was how Deeper Life was birthed.

8. Record Breaking Crowds:

Deeper Life Crusades are known to draw hundreds of thousands of people and sometimes close to a million. William Kumyi’s visit and tours to states are greeted with much publicity and strategic planning that most times, the governors of the respected states visited for crusades attend. Kumuyi admitted in an interview that the success of his ministry and church depended on committed one on one personal evangelism.

9. One of The Largest Church Auditorium:

In April 2018, Deeper Life Bible church completed a building project it had begun for years which stands as one of the largest church auditorium in the world with a sitting capacity of about 30,000 and valued at about 5 billion naira which stands at 16 million dollars!

10. Television once banned for Members:

Every church has its own time of troubles and for Deeper Life it came this way; Pastor William Kumuyi once taught that Television shouldn’t be in a Christian home. He obviously said this because of his zealousness in keeping the holiness standard high among Deeper Life members. This teaching continued in Deeper Life for years and it generated wide controversies and arguments till the late 90s and early 2000s when Deeper Life started videotaping and televising their programs.

Hope you enjoyed our list?

Visit [b][/b] for more facts

https:///2019/05/top-10-facts-of-deeper-life-bible-church-the-nigerian-church-that-has-stood-the-test-of-time.html

OP tried, but he could have done more on this....I'm very sure there are other facts about this great church than the ones stated above.
I observed the OP didn't mention the state of origin of the GO.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Whobedatte(m): 9:06am On May 26, 2019
APOSTOLIC FAITH CHURCH too is one church that aptly fits your description .
Kumuyi started from there too .

7 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by alBHAGDADI: 9:07am On May 26, 2019
Biglittlelois:

False church? Explain what you mean by they don't believe in eternal security.

They believe one can lose his salvation
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by netflicks(m): 9:08am On May 26, 2019
kay4kay:

Na me nau

But I will leave beer parlour next year

Lmao cheesy but even the person never know
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by IbokPatrick(m): 9:14am On May 26, 2019
Uyi168:
Imagine if at the end of the day, only their doctrine is right before God..
That means,in adddition to over 4billion non Christians on earth, other Christian denominations will all end up in hell..
Hell fire go full, e go Dea troway...
grin
Mr. Judge,are you better than the 4billion non christians.?

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by hatedisplace: 9:16am On May 26, 2019
FactBoyz:
 [b][/b]

Since its inception in 1973, Deeper Life Bible church is a church that stands out from the rest. Thanks to their uniqueness, sobriety and dressing sense which has remained unchanged since its inception. If you want to see “Christian sisters” still on long skirts with modest dresses and blouses; you will certainly find them in their thousands in this church. Factboyz brings to you 10 things you should know about Deeper Life Bible Church.

1. Unyielding Members:

Deeper life members are always seen by other Christians of other denomination as too rigid and too unyielding to the societal pressures around them. With the belief that everyone should live soberly and righteously even as written in the Holy Scriptures (Titus 2 verses 11) they rarely yield to pressures to commit sin.

2. The Overseer Handles Its Bible Studies:

For more than 30 years, Deeper Life Bible Studies are handled by it’s general overseer and founder; Williams Folorunsho Kumuyi; and for more than 10 years is televised worldwide in Deeper Life churches every Monday beginning for 7pm.

3. Quiet, Reserved Members:

From personal experience and encounter with some members of this Evangelical church, I discovered that majority or perhaps, a good number of them have a quiet, reserved attitude. This might not be unconnected to the fact that “foolish talk and jesting” is highly discouraged in the church.

4. Modest Dressing:

This fact stands as the one of the major things that has made this church very popular. Men who attend Deeper Life are known to dress smartly with trousers and well tucked in shirts; while ladies are known to wear long, modest dresses and skirts while totally covering their heads. Williams Kumuyi, its founder puts so much emphasis on the concept of Christian Dressing.

5. Strict Holiness Doctrine:

Deeper Life Bible Church has its foundation in strong church doctrines that might not change anytime soon. For instance, the church believes that women are not to put on earrings quoting 1 Peter 3 verses 3 and 1 Timothy 2 verses 9. Same with its stance on trousers as they don’t allow women wear trousers citing historical reasons such as the fact that before trousers for women were made popular in the 1960s; it was not accepted as a female wear. Biblically they quote Deuteronomy 22 verses 5.

6. Christmas Spent In A Camp Ground:

Christmas Time is a time most Nigerians spend in their respective hometowns and villages; however, it is a bit different for Deeper Life members as End of Year camps are organized starting from around 24th of December and ending around 27th. Hence, in their various campgrounds all around the nation; thousands gather to hear the word of God preached to them.

7. Its Founder Was A Lecturer:

W.F KumuyiWillam Folorunsho Kumuyi, (b. 1941) was a lecturer who taught in the University of Lagos. He graduated with a first class honours in mathematics from the University of Ibadan in 1967. In 1973 while as a university professor, he began a bible study group with 15 students who had come to him for Bible training. This was how Deeper Life was birthed.

8. Record Breaking Crowds:

Deeper Life Crusades are known to draw hundreds of thousands of people and sometimes close to a million. William Kumyi’s visit and tours to states are greeted with much publicity and strategic planning that most times, the governors of the respected states visited for crusades attend. Kumuyi admitted in an interview that the success of his ministry and church depended on committed one on one personal evangelism.

9. One of The Largest Church Auditorium:

In April 2018, Deeper Life Bible church completed a building project it had begun for years which stands as one of the largest church auditorium in the world with a sitting capacity of about 30,000 and valued at about 5 billion naira which stands at 16 million dollars!

10. Television once banned for Members:

Every church has its own time of troubles and for Deeper Life it came this way; Pastor William Kumuyi once taught that Television shouldn’t be in a Christian home. He obviously said this because of his zealousness in keeping the holiness standard high among Deeper Life members. This teaching continued in Deeper Life for years and it generated wide controversies and arguments till the late 90s and early 2000s when Deeper Life started videotaping and televising their programs.

Hope you enjoyed our list?

Visit [b][/b] for more facts

https:///2019/05/top-10-facts-of-deeper-life-bible-church-the-nigerian-church-that-has-stood-the-test-of-time.html
I begged deeper life principal to refund me some parts of the school fees I paid for my son's admission into their secondary school in 2016 because my husband lost his job few weeks after paying the money, his reply was that my husband was not going to a bible believing church (Anglican) that why he was sacked. Mind you this happened during the recession. We went back this year 2019 hoping that my second son who is to go to secondary school and asked if he use the deposit we paid in 2016 they refused, saying it was because we left the deposit that God blessed us. They are all the same, out for the MONEY.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by lomprico(m): 9:16am On May 26, 2019
Hard core sadists!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 9:18am On May 26, 2019
You forgot to add thar their members especially the older ladies are mostly wicked.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by bimbim75: 9:19am On May 26, 2019
kevoh:

You think he is lying? Are you ok? angry angry @reccy mentions he is being disturbed by the church's loud speaker and you also claim Deeper life uses only loud speaker which corroborates @reccy's claim, yet you say he is lying.
They don't make noise since they don't use drum,moreover their service is solemn.

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by LordReed(m): 9:19am On May 26, 2019
asuustrike1:

Deeper Life will still remain. Christ is the head of the church

Yeah that's why churches split up because of sharing formula. LoL
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by joepepsy(m): 9:22am On May 26, 2019
Local thing, keep your private life to yourself, even dog and monkey dey Bleep..na only thing wey una sabi for africa to dey Bleep and born while the rest of the world they think how to improve the world.
OboOlora:
I will come back to comment later, let me quickly marinate this turkey so hubby n I can eat it with cold almond juice. The kids are with the grandma so we are gonna be fccking all day and everywhere today.

10 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by authehighness: 9:28am On May 26, 2019
i luv kumuyi teaching alot but their members need total change in the way they see others because of them i cannot be a member
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Biglittlelois(f): 9:29am On May 26, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

One loses his/her salvation when one goes back to sin, still doesn't explain what you mean by eternal security.

9 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by toscolee(m): 9:34am On May 26, 2019
Jokerman:
Deeper life
The lords chosen
Mountain of fire

I respek these three churches

Which one of them do you attend? It's not respect they want but your salvation.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Chartey(m): 9:45am On May 26, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Demas. So if someone goes back into a sinful life, the salvation is still there? This false grace Christianity people are practicing nowadays sef is funny.

6 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by alBHAGDADI: 9:46am On May 26, 2019
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by alBHAGDADI: 9:47am On May 26, 2019
Chartey:

Demas.
So if someone goes back into a sinful life, the salvation is still there?
This false grace Christianity people are practicing nowadays sef is funny.

https://www.nairaland.com/4942940/judas-demas-examining-verses-people
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 9:48am On May 26, 2019
most of these people are hypocritical
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by alBHAGDADI: 9:48am On May 26, 2019
asuustrike1:

Deeper Life will still remain. Christ is the head of the church

Do t be fooled bro. Any church that preaches work based salvation is not for Jesus. Such will be told by Jesus that he never knew them

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Victorisoni3(m): 9:50am On May 26, 2019
I dont know what some people in this nairaland gain in arguement nd quoting others

Some time i think they are always in

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Firstorderwizard(m): 9:53am On May 26, 2019
Dominion73:
See below

Today na sundayooo
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Goshen360(m): 9:54am On May 26, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Do t be fooled bro. Any church that preaches work based salvation is not for Jesus. Such will be told by Jesus that he never knew them

Just like YOU HAVE PROVED OR PREACHED WORKS BASED SALVATION ON THIS FORUM TOO
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by bigiyaro(m): 9:58am On May 26, 2019
thank God that man is not God, else this deeper life brethren would have casted the rest of the world into hell since 1980.

4 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Emestar1999: 9:59am On May 26, 2019
netflicks:
But is it true that the person to take over from dady G.O redeem church is still in beer parlour? How true is this pls....
what a jamb question

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Bostin(m): 10:07am On May 26, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:
They discriminate other church denominations a lot. damning other people to hell because they ain't deeper life members. Well, I love and respect Pastor Kumuyi a lot though. But most of his church members don't follow his teachings on Love.
Are you referring to the Rascals among them ? Someone once told me Deeper lifers don't have a heart of true forgiveness nor forgetfulness, I doubt it until my Deeper life in laws shows me pepper and sticked Stubborn even when I kept saying sorry countlessly . #JustlikeBokoharram#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by almarthins(m): 10:10am On May 26, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Work based Salvation church.

Another false church that doesn't believe in eternal security. It means they are damning people to hell.

Eternal security
What is that?

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 10:11am On May 26, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Work based Salvation church.

Another false church that doesn't believe in eternal security. It means they are damning people to hell.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by femicyrus(m): 10:13am On May 26, 2019
netflicks:
this quote does not align with any act or teaching of Christ. Christ picked his disciples, tutor them and commissioned them. He did not prophesy that his successor is still fishing in Galilee

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Predictions For The Last Quarter Of The Year. / How Prominent ‘men Of God’ Misfired: All The Failed Prophecies On 2019 Elections / In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.