Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time (31926 Views)

Body Exposing Dress A Lady Wore To Church That Got People Talking -see Photos / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by alBHAGDADI: 11:57am On May 26, 2019
asuustrike1:

Didn't the scriptures says we should work our salvation? Jesus can not help you if you don't work out your salvation

Read the below threads

https://www.nairaland.com/4931034/believe-lose-salvation-then-called

https://www.nairaland.com/4942940/judas-demas-examining-verses-people

https://www.nairaland.com/4878886/it-only-one-sin-sends
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Bacteriologist(m): 11:58am On May 26, 2019
Nowenuse:

Thank you very much. You are not wrong my brother, you are absolutely correct.
Deeper life members take 'holiness & righteousness' to the extreme that it makes them completely unreasonable. They are extremists.

Working or living with them can be very frustrating. They always remind you that you are a sinner and bound for hell (with their actions) just because you don't share their extreme beliefs. They may not tell you to your face, but hey actions speak louder than words.

Thank you for your input. But I like to think their sect is dying out. It doesn't command the same respect it did decades ago. As people are becoming less and less ignorant, religions like these will fade.

They have more branches in villages and not cities right now I reckon.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by tete7000(m): 12:00pm On May 26, 2019
All I see in their overseer is a man who probably unknowingly turn himself to a God. Why should it be that it is only this man that should teach his entire congregation all the time? You see them all glued to satellite tvs all across the land watching the same man. The national retreat holds everywhere at the same time yet it is the same man ministering in all, is he omnipresent? Should he be in the same place at the same time? What stops him from delegating others?, even Jesus they claim to so copy delegated and comminsioned his disciples to go out and preach on his behalf. If this is not idolatry, I wonder what it is. I can't but wonder what will happen to the church when the man is gone. Is the church set up to survive his demise? I doubt...Maybe he is going to live forever...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by danfidel01(m): 12:03pm On May 26, 2019
I don't understand what Most of you mean by work based salvation
Deeper teaches you that when you are saved, you live your life to glorify God - This is clearly what the Bible says (1Peter 2vs 9-10). For me, this is a Bible doctrine, not a church doctrine.
Also, the church is Strong on holiness because the Bible says "without holiness, no man shall see God (1 Peter 1 vs 15-16)". The Bible says so not the church.

There's nowhere in the Bible where Christians are given permission to live carefree lives or to live like there's no difference between them and others. We are to be light and examples for others to learn and live.
Please, how is this Work based salvation?

Deeper life teaches Faith based Salvation totally.
They do not believe that it is your works that will take you to heaven, rather your obedience to God's instruction.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 26, 2019
zionmde:

And dats why they are more wicked than unbelievers?
I remember a deeperlife lecturer giving a final year student F in his IT just because he didn't put diagrams on his log book. And this guy is on strong 2.1 .without even thinking he was damaging all the guy's academic labor.
If the only gospel on earth is the kind preached and practised by deeperlife members I will be worse than an atheist
If it is the requirement then the student ought to have attach it. Am very sure the lecturer most have told that student the penalty for not attaching such except otherwise. I respect them because they rarely compromise. If after telling you a penalty for not following rules and you deliberately ignore then you have yourself to blame

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Bacteriologist(m): 12:07pm On May 26, 2019
[quote author=asuustrike1 post=78732652][/quote]

I call bullshīt.

1. If your religion makes you hate your fellow human beings, you need a new religion.

2. In that case a robot will be better in their positions. Only a robot act based on what it has been programmed with. In an organisation, humans are employed so that they use their intuition to carry out tasks. We don't live in a perfect world. You can't expect everything to be inch perfect. Deeper life members act like they want every single thing ti be perfect. This is one of the ridiculous flaws in their ridiculous faith.

3. The same scripture condemns shaping your hair while barbing, wearing clothing of different materials. But you choose earrings only right? Y'all are shameless cherry pickers.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by JusticeSeeker: 12:08pm On May 26, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Work based Salvation church.

Another false church that doesn't believe in eternal security. It means they are damning people to hell.
so you believe in eternal security when Judas who dined with and kissed Christ couldn't have access to this kind of 'Greek gift'? How much more of you?

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Bacteriologist(m): 12:09pm On May 26, 2019
zionmde:

And dats why they are more wicked than unbelievers?
I remember a deeperlife lecturer giving a final year student F in his IT just because he didn't put diagrams on his log book. And this guy is on strong 2.1 .without even thinking he was damaging all the guy's academic labor.
If the only gospel on earth is the kind preached and practised by deeperlife members I will be worse than an atheist

Atheism is not a religion. But the average Atheist is far far far better and saner than your average deeper life member. I do not hate the people but I hate the faith. It's archaic.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 26, 2019
Bacteriologist:

I call bullshīt.

1. If your religion makes you hate your fellow human beings, you need a new religion.

2. In that case a robot will be better in their positions. Only a robot act based on what it has been programmed with. In an organisation, humans are employed so that they use their intuition to carry out tasks. We don't live in a perfect world. You can't expect everything to be inch perfect. Deeper life members act like they want every single thing ti be perfect. This is one of the ridiculous flaws in their ridiculous faith.

3. The same scripture condemns shaping your hair while barbing, wearing clothing of different materials. But you choose earrings only right? Y'all are shameless cherry pickers.

Let me ask you a question would you support a student cheating in an examination?

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by dyangprof(m): 12:17pm On May 26, 2019
malvisguy212:
nairalanders and argument. lol.
I say musical instrument and not loud speaker.

Is Loud speaker not part of musical instrument?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by TruthHurts100: 12:20pm On May 26, 2019
Televised? I thought TV is a devil's box.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by zionmde: 12:23pm On May 26, 2019
asuustrike1:

If it is the requirement then the student ought to have attach it. Am very sure the lecturer most have told that student the penalty for not attaching such except otherwise. I respect them because they rarely compromise. If after telling you a penalty for not following rules and you deliberately ignore then you have yourself to blame
So a logbook of 15marks out of 100 marks is enough to give a student F. For ur info there is no penalty for not sketching on logbook, its purely on the lecturer's prerogative. Stop defending wat u don't know.
Wen only report and Supervisor's score and attendance to defence is enof for a C

If u are a deeperlifer then wickedness runs through ur veins. Its only a matter of position of authority to unleash it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Makuos19: 12:23pm On May 26, 2019
TruthHurts100:
Televised? I thought TV is a devil's box.

Yes it is. Anything u watch there that is sinful, defiling etc is a devil's box.

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by JusticeSeeker: 12:24pm On May 26, 2019
Sir, you're out of tune with what goes on as per preaching to the congregation of Deeper life brethren during convocations and other gatherings like end of month service, etc. On average, we have 4 Sundays in a month, the other leaders like state Pastors who oversee Deeper life at state levels, Region overseers, local government Pastors, district Pastors and location Pastors take services in 3 Sundays while the last Sunday of every month is reserved for the GS, Pastor W. F. Kumuyi to reach out to the entire Deeperlife congregation for an hour or so out of a 3 hour Sunday meeting. The man of God takes on Monday Bible study teachings for an hour 30mins every Monday a practice that may live on even after his demise, as it keeps us one hearing the same truth centrally. This is why we are almost same everywhere you sees us. During retreats, Pastor Kumuyi takes only 7 messages out of 16 or so messages depending on the number of days the retreat lasts. Administratively, forget about us, God has gifted the church in this area so forget about the issue of church survival after GS' demise.
tete7000:
All I see in their overseer is a man who probably unknowingly turn himself to a God. Why should it be that it is only this man that should teach his entire congregation all the time? You see them all glued to satellite tvs all across the land watching the same man. The national retreat holds everywhere at the same time yet it is the same man ministering in all, is he omnipresent? Should he be in the same place at the same time? What stops him from delegating others?, even Jesus they claim to so copy delegated and comminsioned his disciples to go out and preach on his behalf. If this is not idolatry, I wonder what it is. I can't but wonder what will happen to the church when the man is gone. Is the church set up to survive his demise? I doubt...Maybe he is going to live forever...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Makuos19: 12:25pm On May 26, 2019
zionmde:

So a logbook of 15marks out of 100 marks is enough to give a student F. For ur info there is no penalty for not sketching on logbook, its purely on the lecturer's prerogative. Stop defending wat u don't know.
Wen only report and Supervisor's score and attendance to defence is enof for a C

If u are a deeperlifer then wickedness runs through ur veins. Its only a matter of position of authority to unleash it.

So you yourself is not wicked right? Or non deeperlifers are not wicked right

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:29pm On May 26, 2019
Bostin:
Are you referring to the Rascals among them ? Someone once told me Deeper lifers don't have a heart of true forgiveness nor forgetfulness, I doubt it until my Deeper life in laws shows me pepper and sticked Stubborn even when I kept saying sorry countlessly . #JustlikeBokoharram#

Loool
I have seen a quite number of them. They hardly forgive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Makuos19: 12:32pm On May 26, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Loool
I have seen a quite number of them. They hardly forgive.

Do u forgive?
And how do u know they hardly forgive

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Spatta: 12:36pm On May 26, 2019
What you see in the exterior is what you give credence to, the strict Legalistic rules imposed on Deeper life members may be as a result of Pastor Kumuyi's discipline from Mayflower where Late Tai Solarin inculcate a strict adherence on his students

somehow His part with Tai Solarin was what form the major part of his discipline and inflexible styles,
The Bible does teach us to be good example of a believer no doubts, But most of the Deeper life strict handling stems mostly from Legalism not so much as a result of Holiness

If you get to the top in the same so called holiness church, you will be amazed at the scandals that is hidden away from the public
The Dressing does not mean the dressers are Holy, it is just an outward Garb,

Holiness is a more deeper issues, It is a determined conscious effort to follow Christ without blemish.
A conscious discipline in communion with Christ, secret prayer, study of the word of God and commitment to obedience of God's word
in all, Deeper life succeeded in drawing the attention of her member to the Bible, which most times may be (Head Knowledge) in recent times
If you met Deeper life members of the 70s, You will will want to be a christian, you could practically touch a true christian life, they are genuine, these are what they are in public as in private life, same cannot be said of many of the present crop that are merely excited for the bygone glory of the church without deep abiding christian life. there are strange elements these days who are merely associating with outward apparels, devoid of true life

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Bacteriologist(m): 12:38pm On May 26, 2019
asuustrike1:

Let me ask you a question would you support a student cheating in an examination?

It depends.

What classifies as "Cheating" in this case?

If a full time student who supposedly attended all lectures is cheating in an examination. No, I won't support that.

If a student who has learning disabilities is found cheating. Then I might reconsider my stance.

If a student who had an accident weeks to his exam is found cheating in an examination. I would be skeptical before judging him.

They're all cheating, but their circumstances vary. Deeper life members care less about the second part of this statement.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Awoo88: 12:39pm On May 26, 2019
SunnyskyTG:

You are on point man.

All of this church rules and beliefs doesn't conform with that of heaven, it's a direct opposite.

New crops of churches will soon appear in Nigeria.
Your guys are just looking for something to say about deeper life. If you don't know the church or it teachings, please keep quiet!!!

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by tete7000(m): 12:42pm On May 26, 2019
JusticeSeeker:
Sir, you're out of tune with what goes on as per preaching to the congregation of Deeper life brethren during convocations and other gatherings like end of month service, etc. On average, we have 4 Sundays in a month, the other leaders like state Pastors who oversee Deeper life at state levels, Region overseers, local government Pastors, district Pastors and location Pastors take services in 3 Sundays while the last Sunday of every month is reserved for the GS, Pastor W. F. Kumuyi to reach out to the entire Deeperlife congregation for an hour or so out of a 3 hour Sunday meeting. The man of God takes on Monday Bible study teachings for an hour 30mins every Monday a practice that may live on even after his demise, as it keeps us one hearing the same truth centrally. This is why we are almost same everywhere you sees us. During retreats, Pastor Kumuyi takes only 7 messages out of 16 or so messages depending on the number of days the retreat lasts. Administratively, forget about us, God has gifted the church in this area so forget about the issue of church survival after GS' demise.

Alright then...
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by DelphiOracle(m): 12:43pm On May 26, 2019
malvisguy212:
well I don't know about now , but I think you are lying cause the deeper life I know is the one that don't use musical instrument in Church. only loud speaker.

Yes, God is not deaf but they are not preaching to God but to people like you.
so u preach by shouting at people?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 26, 2019
Bacteriologist:

It depends.

What classifies as "Cheating" in this case?

If a full time student who supposedly attended all lectures is cheating in an examination. No, I won't support that.

If a student who has learning disabilities is found cheating. Then I might reconsider my stance.

If a student who had an accident weeks to his exam is found cheating in an examination. I would be skeptical before judging him.

They're all cheating, but their circumstances vary. Deeper life members care less about the second part of this statement.
Cheating is cheating no matter the circumstances surrounding. Just say Deeper Life members are too strict that is all

3 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 26, 2019
zionmde:

Mr man am not a deeperlifer neither am supporting the lecturer either. Something must have transpired that either your friend didn't tell you or the lecturer refuse to say. If you follow all the instructions pertaining IT then I see no reason why a student fail. Tell your friend to open up as to what happened because there is more to it. This what you see in many public universities that is why I support private universities more on this forum. Have been in the system so I know what am typing. Either the student challenged the lecturer or student was absent at his place of primary assignment.

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by LordReed(m): 1:01pm On May 26, 2019
lloyds:

That's the devil speaking in you.

And that's brainwashing speaking in you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by LordReed(m): 1:13pm On May 26, 2019
asuustrike1:

There is never a perfect church hence there is bound to be conflict

I thought your god is the head of the church, why is your head unable to stop such schism?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by malvisguy212: 1:14pm On May 26, 2019
dyangprof:

Is Loud speaker not part of musical instrument?

so when you are renting that house, don't you see there is Church or mosque there ? Do you preach in silent ? silly atheist

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by malvisguy212: 1:15pm On May 26, 2019
DelphiOracle:
so u preach by shouting at people?
no, we preach by whispering, silly atheist
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 26, 2019
LordReed:

I thought your god is the head of the church, why is your head unable to stop such schism?
Because you an imperfect being or are you perfect?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by GoodMuyis(m): 1:24pm On May 26, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Work based Salvation church.

Another false church that doesn't believe in eternal security. It means they are damning people to hell.

Eternal Security... What a Joke of Christian Nation grin grin grin grin

maybe I and you can kill some time discussing this Topic

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by alBHAGDADI: 1:29pm On May 26, 2019
danfidel01:
I don't understand what Most of you mean by work based salvation
Deeper teaches you that when you are saved, you live your life to glorify God - This is clearly what the Bible says (1Peter 2vs 9-10). For me, this is a Bible doctrine, not a church doctrine.
Also, the church is Strong on holiness because the Bible says "without holiness, no man shall see God (1 Peter 1 vs 15-16)". The Bible says so not the church.

There's nowhere in the Bible where Christians are given permission to live carefree lives or to live like there's no difference between them and others. We are to be light and examples for others to learn and live.
Please, how is this Work based salvation?

Deeper life teaches Faith based Salvation totally.
They do not believe that it is your works that will take you to heaven, rather your obedience to God's instruction.

The bold is the work based Salvation we are talking about. You say they say it is ones obedience, which I believe means keeping commandments, that takes one to heaven.

Where is Jesus in the equation?

The equation that takes one to heaven is Jesus and Jesus alone. Our works of righteousness are filthy rags aka sanitary pads and can get us nowhere.

Any church that says salvation is faith based on my but say your obedience also determines if you will make heaven, such a church is a false place. Flee
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by LeoFish92(m): 1:29pm On May 26, 2019
I call bullshīt.

3. The same scripture condemns shaping your hair while barbing, wearing clothing of different materials. But you choose earrings only right? Y'all are shameless cherry pickers.[/quote]

So true

In that case a robot will be better in their positions. Only a robot act based on what it has been programmed with. In an organisation, humans are employed so that they use their intuition to carry out tasks. We don't live in a perfect world. You can't expect everything to be inch perfect. Deeper life members act like they want every single thing ti be perfect. This is one of the ridiculous flaws in their ridiculous faith.

You are absolutely correct

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Predictions For The Last Quarter Of The Year. / How Prominent ‘men Of God’ Misfired: All The Failed Prophecies On 2019 Elections / In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.