Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time (31902 Views)

Body Exposing Dress A Lady Wore To Church That Got People Talking -see Photos / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by LeoFish92(m): 1:30pm On May 26, 2019
I call bullshīt.

1. If your religion makes you hate your fellow human beings, you need a new religion.

So true.

2. In that case a robot will be better in their positions. Only a robot act based on what it has been programmed with. In an organisation, humans are employed so that they use their intuition to carry out tasks. We don't live in a perfect world. You can't expect everything to be inch perfect. Deeper life members act like they want every single thing ti be perfect. This is one of the ridiculous flaws in their ridiculous faith.

You are absolutely correct

3. The same scripture condemns shaping your hair while barbing, wearing clothing of different materials. But you choose earrings only right? Y'all are shameless cherry pickers.[/quote]
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by alBHAGDADI: 1:31pm On May 26, 2019
JusticeSeeker:
so you believe in eternal security when Judas who dined with and kissed Christ couldn't have access to this kind of 'Greek gift'? How much more of you?

Read about Judas and Demas below.

https://www.nairaland.com/4942940/judas-demas-examining-verses-people

Read
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Bostin(m): 1:40pm On May 26, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Loool
I have seen a quite number of them. They hardly forgive.
Let me tell you my experienced. I am a complete gentle man but their daughter frustrated me. Could you believe the babe tore my clothe during argument and even said she will take the clothe home to her mum to show what she did. Up till today the family nor the babe never condemn the act nor apologice but telling everybody one side story. I'm now the one saying sorry while they feel like God . Infact I'm ashamed of them .
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by LordReed(m): 1:46pm On May 26, 2019
asuustrike1:

Because you an imperfect being or are you perfect?

That shouldn't matter, your prefect Jesus is the head why can't he call his followers to order? He behaves like he doesn't exist, LoL.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by mechanics(m): 1:49pm On May 26, 2019
Absolutely correct.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Bacteriologist(m): 1:52pm On May 26, 2019
asuustrike1:

Cheating is cheating no matter the circumstances surrounding. Just say Deeper Life members are too strict that is all

Whatever floats your boat.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by amaben2020(m): 1:54pm On May 26, 2019
malvisguy212:
well I don't know about now , but I think you are lying cause the deeper life I know is the one that don't use musical instrument in Church. only loud speaker.

Yes, God is not deaf but they are not preaching to God but to people like you.
It's a sin to disturb others when they wanna rest after a hectic day, there's a deeper life church here with speakers and they disturb too, it's morally wrong
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by An2elect2(f): 2:13pm On May 26, 2019
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by NamelessOGBENI(m): 2:21pm On May 26, 2019
Biglittlelois:

False church? Explain what you mean by they don't believe in eternal security.
"Once saved, forever saved"
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 26, 2019
SunnyskyTG:

You are on point man.

All of this church rules and beliefs doesn't conform with that of heaven, it's a direct opposite.

New crops of churches will soon appear in Nigeria.
Don't be mischievous and better, Can you please one of the church rules and belief that does not conform with the Bible?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by AndLeo(m): 2:22pm On May 26, 2019
I like Kumuyi but all the young girls that I have befriended before that were born in deeper life always tell me they want to leave the church. They cage girls but the girls want to smell freedom.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by xtycool: 2:24pm On May 26, 2019
If u don't love ur neighbour and u say u r a christian, you r a liar. Most deeper life member don't have love. Mathew 18:21 and 35, roman 13:8, he who does not love does not know God. If u don't love ur neighbour that u can see, how much more God u don't see. They focus on outworld appearance and use it to judge, Bible said a man must not wear what pertaining to a woman likewise woman shdnt wear what pertaining to a man. The woman trouser is different to a man trouser, the white man introduce trouser because of their whether, in Scotland their men wear sket that is their tradition. igbo man tie rapper, yoruba man wear sokoto, trouser is not a sin don't turn Bible upside down. In the book of Timothy bible says be MODEST. Jesus didn't preach about cloth but Love. A Christian shd be modest in dressing, love not the things of this world. Things of this world is not only how u dress.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by TGMISKY(m): 2:27pm On May 26, 2019
FieryJustice:
Lol the television and jeans ban by deeper life is really laughable
Jeans ban? I'm not sure of that. My Pastor and youth cordinators wear jeans at home or when not in church. I've always worn jeans from childhood to midweek activities/programmes. I can only confirm that our Pastors don't wear them to the pulpit to preach. Banning of jeans have always been some speculative rules outsiders/non-members think the church put in place because our members are hardly seen in it (in my opinion though).

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Bluebolt: 2:34pm On May 26, 2019
kay4kay:
I love the GO, I love His preaching but I can never attend the church because of its members.

They are too wicked arrogant thinking they are the holy creatures on earth.

Just negodu

Then why is the flock like that while the sheperd is a pro?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by desiredhome: 2:34pm On May 26, 2019
devilmaycry:
im not a deeper life member,but i can categorically tell u...their ways and teaching are very good
nowaway days,our churches teach us christians how to live a holy life,and thats it,we are left to either implement what is been taught or not but these people,they go as far as making u implement it,which to me is a good step in keeping the faith
The pastor preach sound/great messages but their members are just the opposite of his message, is there something wrong somewhere?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by kay4kay: 2:46pm On May 26, 2019
Bluebolt:

Then why is the flock like that while the sheperd is a pro?
They lack love

No love

Worst is their single ladies
They Bleep codedly like dog
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Bluebolt: 2:47pm On May 26, 2019
zionmde:

And dats why they are more wicked than unbelievers?
I remember a deeperlife lecturer giving a final year student F in his IT just because he didn't put diagrams on his log book. And this guy is on strong 2.1 .without even thinking he was damaging all the guy's academic labor.
If the only gospel on earth is the kind preached and practised by deeperlife members I will be worse than an atheist
You just reminded me of my HOD sometimes ago but a smart primary six pupil could easily out class him academics.
Am still wondering till today how became a lecturer.

God's grace, right? grin
zionmde:

And dats why they are more wicked than unbelievers?
I remember a deeperlife lecturer giving a final year student F in his IT just because he didn't put diagrams on his log book. And this guy is on strong 2.1 .without even thinking he was damaging all the guy's academic labor.
If the only gospel on earth is the kind preached and practised by deeperlife members I will be worse than an atheist
You just reminded me of my HOD sometimes ago but a smart primary six pupil could easily out class him academics.
Am still wondering till today how became a lecturer.

God's grace, right?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by AlphaT1(m): 2:54pm On May 26, 2019
devilmaycry:
im not a deeper life member,but i can categorically tell u...their ways and teaching are very good
nowaway days,our churches teach us christians how to live a holy life,and thats it,we are left to either implement what is been taught or not but these people,they go as far as making u implement it,which to me is a good step in keeping the faith
Stop writing rubbish....I lived with one deeper lifer (a colleague) who claimed to be more holy than Jesus christ but was very stingy, wicked, and useless....bring money for fuel, No! bring money for food, no! These are canalities according to him.. I will use my money and buy foodstuff for d house, he will use his dirty mouth and eat everything and then fold his arms; always claiming they have not paid dem, las las he borrowed 30k from me and refused to pay....I had to leave the house for him.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 26, 2019
hatedisplace:
I begged deeper life principal to refund me some parts of the school fees I paid for my son's admission into their secondary school in 2016 because my husband lost his job few weeks after paying the money, his reply was that my husband was not going to a bible believing church (Anglican) that why he was sacked. Mind you this happened during the recession. We went back this year 2019 hoping that my second son who is to go to secondary school and asked if he use the deposit we paid in 2016 they refused, saying it was because we left the deposit that God blessed us. They are all the same, out for the MONEY.
excuse me what on earth has non refundable payment for service in an established institution got to do with your predicament. You would have asked for financial assistance instead would you try that with a fed or state schools?

Please unbundle your mind and be rational pls.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 26, 2019
AlphaT1:

Stop writing rubbish....I lived with one deeper lifer (a colleague) who claimed to be more holy than Jesus christ but was very stingy, wicked, and useless....bring money for fuel, No! bring money for food, no! These are canalities according to him.. I will use my money and buy foodstuff for d house, he will use his dirty mouth and eat everything and then fold his arms; always claiming they have not paid dem, las las he borrowed 30k from me and refused to pay....I had to leave the house for him.
my brother from your disclusion, I would ask if truly he had money why would he borrow from you. I sense he hadn't.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by AlphaT1(m): 3:30pm On May 26, 2019
Nowenuse:

Thank you very much. You are not wrong my brother, you are absolutely correct.
Deeper life members take 'holiness & righteousness' to the extreme that it makes them completely unreasonable. They are extremists.

Working or living with them can be very frustrating. They always remind you that you are a sinner and bound for hell (with their actions) just because you don't share their extreme beliefs. They may not tell you to your face, but hey actions speak louder than words.
Majority of them don't even understand what holiness means. They believe holiness is defined by not making hair, wearing big big skirts or trousers, not wearing earing etc. Once you do these things you are holy!.... If you are not their member, you are condemned already and you are on your way to hell....When we lost our dad, na other denominations come d help us, these wicked holier than thou people will preach holiness but don't know how to demonstrate it. How can you be holy when you don't love? How can you love when you don't demonstrate it? A true Christian must behave like Jesus; demonstrate LOVE....for God and his neighbour.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by AlphaT1(m): 3:33pm On May 26, 2019
Ranks007:
my brother from your disclusion, I would ask if truly he had money why would he borrow from you. I sense he hadn't.
He was working with GTBank as a confirmed staff, not contract. He was just stingy and wicked. Ok how was he able to survive alone after I left the house if he had no money?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Mosco100(m): 3:33pm On May 26, 2019
LordIsaac:
I can only speak for the General Superintendent, Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Every other soul in Deeper Life has a long way to go.
God will answer for me
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Expressionland: 3:39pm On May 26, 2019
AndLeo:
I like Kumuyi but all the young girls that I have befriended before that were born in deeper life always tell me they want to leave the church. They cage girls but the girls want to smell freedom.

Nobody is caging anybody.Just as you were born into a church by your parents and choose to leave to another church when you became of age, so are deeperlife members, when they eventually leave, nobody stops them. If they were stopped from leaving, then you call it been caged, but this is not the case I believe. Rules are rules when under the roof of your parents, as does every other child born of parents in this country.

I belive we all are expecting more from deeper life members hence we take thier personal life and bad attitude as if it is the church that taught them.

The deeperlife members are humans like us, one or two character trait in them doesn't mean its the church teachings.. Its just in human nature for some people to be bad.

People saying their members are timid, wicked, strict unforgiving are funny. When someone doesn't give a typical Nigerian man what he wants he becomes wicked or strict in his eyes. Maybe, if the whole country of Nigeria were strict, coruption won't have amount to this extent.

Humans are humans, going to church doesn't make you a good person, its getting real salvation through Jesus Christ that makes man a good person. Just as there are church goers in every church, so there are in the deeper life.

What I have understood with people is that when they hear the name of the church, they expect the individual to be very good and if he isn't they become hostile to the church.. Lol. Attending deeperlife Church doesn't change a person, it's salvation in Christ that changes one's heart.

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Expressionland: 3:43pm On May 26, 2019
Bostin:
Let me tell you my experienced. I am a complete gentle man but their daughter frustrated me. Could you believe the babe tore my clothe during argument and even said she will take the clothe home to her mum to show what she did. Up till today the family nor the babe never condemn the act nor apologice but telling everybody one side story. I'm now the one saying sorry while they feel like God . Infact I'm ashamed of them .

Lol, You have said what caused the argument. But she tearing your cloths shows that she isn't born again. Church isn't a key to been born again.

Change your mindset about thier parents. Some people have thier own inbred character that only God can change and not church.

There are churches all over the country. We just put too much expectations on deeper life because of their teaching.. That shows that we know its ok

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by nurusystem(m): 3:46pm On May 26, 2019
they needs to start keeping BEARS,they needs to start using longer ijabs and for the men they need turnans like JESUS,
They need also to start going for pilgrimage not tourism as it is stated in the scripture....
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 26, 2019
tete7000:
All I see in their overseer is a man who probably unknowingly turn himself to a God. Why should it be that it is only this man that should teach his entire congregation all the time? You see them all glued to satellite tvs all across the land watching the same man. The national retreat holds everywhere at the same time yet it is the same man ministering in all, is he omnipresent? Should he be in the same place at the same time? What stops him from delegating others?, even Jesus they claim to so copy delegated and comminsioned his disciples to go out and preach on his behalf. If this is not idolatry, I wonder what it is. I can't but wonder what will happen to the church when the man is gone. Is the church set up to survive his demise? I doubt...Maybe he is going to live forever...

ignorance or I should say witchcraftcy may lay such claims, brother Nigeria is covered with witchcraft, if our GS through God hadnt hold tight to his calling we would have been infiltrated. The only church witches are yet to *conquer or infiltrate*.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 26, 2019
Bacteriologist:

Atheism is not a religion. But the average Atheist is far far far better and saner than your average deeper life member. I do not hate the people but I hate the faith. It's archaic.

No sinner, no matter how morally upright is better than the least Christian, you would think I dont know some folks might be witches who come online
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 26, 2019
Bostin:
Still battling with their arrogance daughter , I wish I knew this before chosen from them . Please don't let their youths deceive you into marriage because you would be crucified and condemn if you are not their member . Even the female youths are dogs under sheep clothes , don't be deceive .
the church is not a place for perfect folks but to bring imperfect to perfection. Lets understand something I am sure you would pick a prostitute over her?

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by reccy(m): 3:56pm On May 26, 2019
tommyken:

You people have mind ooo, a mortal man open his mouth to abuse God.

My brother, you may think achieve in life and you don't need God but I tell you are making a grave mistake that will consume you.
Please ask God for forgiveness for this your statement and repent because you are a just mortal man.

I'm a believer of God. Now tell me how did I abuse God?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Bacteriologist(m): 4:01pm On May 26, 2019
Ranks007:

No sinner, no matter how morally upright is better than the least Christian, you would think I dont know some folks might be witches who come online

//No sinner, no matter how morally upright is better than the least christian//

So someone who lived his life doing good will go to hell? Because he hasn't said the salvation prayer?

That is no doubt the most stupid thing I've heard in a very long time. And shows how low you religious bigots would go to glorify your fake god.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 26, 2019
colestephan86:

And it's surprising to know that , kumuyi is the only Nigerian pastor , buhari invited to ask rock so far.

there is man God sent to deliver Nigeria from witchcraftcy and bring the endtime Church the body of Christ to a conclusive end as prophesied, the occult witchcraft world covered this man, the gates of hell bound him. Pastor Kumuyi is the only man of God that dismantled all of that....

2week after buhari sent an invite, 2 weeks before that check the crusade Pastor hosted. No man can islamise Nigeria just watch out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Muslims Storm Egyptian Church, Attack Worshippers, Call For It To Be Demolished / Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo, His Wife And Children (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.