Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time (31892 Views)

Body Exposing Dress A Lady Wore To Church That Got People Talking -see Photos / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Robert129(m): 4:04pm On May 26, 2019
JusticeSeeker:
Sir, you're out of tune with what goes on as per preaching to the congregation of Deeper life brethren during convocations and other gatherings like end of month service, etc. On average, we have 4 Sundays in a month, the other leaders like state Pastors who oversee Deeper life at state levels, Region overseers, local government Pastors, district Pastors and location Pastors take services in 3 Sundays while the last Sunday of every month is reserved for the GS, Pastor W. F. Kumuyi to reach out to the entire Deeperlife congregation for an hour or so out of a 3 hour Sunday meeting. The man of God takes on Monday Bible study teachings for an hour 30mins every Monday a practice that may live on even after his demise, as it keeps us one hearing the same truth centrally. This is why we are almost same everywhere you sees us. During retreats, Pastor Kumuyi takes only 7 messages out of 16 or so messages depending on the number of days the retreat lasts. Administratively, forget about us, God has gifted the church in this area so forget about the issue of church survival after GS' demise.

God bless you.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 26, 2019
Bacteriologist:

//No sinner, no matter how morally upright is better than the least christian//

So someone who lived his life doing good will go to hell? Because he hasn't said the salvation prayer?

That is no doubt the most stupid thing I've heard in a very long time. And shows how low you religious bigots would go to glorify your fake god.
i knew it.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 26, 2019
AlphaT1:

He was working with GTBank as a confirmed staff, not contract. He was just stingy and wicked. Ok how was he able to survive alone after I left the house if he had no money?
Good now you are in.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Bacteriologist(m): 4:07pm On May 26, 2019
Ranks007:
i knew it.

Your god is fake. Kiss the truth.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Bostin(m): 4:18pm On May 26, 2019
Expressionland:

Lol, You have said what caused the argument. But she tearing your cloths shows that she isn't born again. Church isn't a key to been born again.

Change your mindset about thier parents. Some people have thier own inbred character that only God can change and not church.

There are churches all over the country. We just put too much expectations on deeper life because of their teaching.. That shows that we know its ok
Arguments are meant to happen but a good Christian lady with good parents would never do such , even non Christian matured lady would not do such without being remorseful instead of feeling entitled and always right . Anyway , we're sepetated more than a year
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 26, 2019
LordReed:

That shouldn't matter, your prefect Jesus is the head why can't he call his followers to order? He behaves like he doesn't exist, LoL.
it matters because you are an hypocrite for pointing out stain in another man's body without considering your own stain.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Sinach0191(m): 5:30pm On May 26, 2019
When Kumuyi leaves will the church still stand??
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by LordReed(m): 5:33pm On May 26, 2019
asuustrike1:

it matters because you are an hypocrite for pointing out stain in another man's body without considering your own stain.

LoL! I am a hypocrite for pointing out that your God is as powerless as something that doesn't exist. LMFAO!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 26, 2019
LordReed:

LoL! I am a hypocrite for pointing out that your God is as powerless as something that doesn't exist. LMFAO!
My God isn't powerless, just a sec you are out of this planet earth. Just keep dwelling in your ignorance until you leave this earth to face him by then you will regret posting this
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by LordReed(m): 5:50pm On May 26, 2019
asuustrike1:

My God isn't powerless, just a sec you are out of this planet earth. Just keep dwelling in your ignorance until you leave this earth to face him by then you will regret posting this

The god that can't stop it's people from fighting themselves is the one you are saying I will regret about? LMFAO!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by mrintellectual(m): 5:54pm On May 26, 2019
kay4kay:
I love the GO, I love His preaching but I can never attend the church because of its members.

They are too wicked arrogant thinking they are the holy creatures on earth.

Just negodu

I don't think so. I think it's you that thinks that they think so.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by nwakaibeya1: 6:01pm On May 26, 2019
Era of long stories about knowing Jesus Christ are long over, knowing Jesus Christ is all about peace and light and unbelievable power and evil people must fear you that was proved as Jesus Christ I know Paul I know who are you?

Have you confessed your secret sins those sins that are hidden, those communications with the hidden evil marine ,occult world and witches and wizards knowingly and unknowingly, have you confessed those sins that ordinary eyes cannot see?

POWER TALKS AND NOT EMPTY CRITICS and Those are the truth and revelation we emphasise on and speak and not the please come and be Bornagain and you will become blessed and you will become a millionaire over night where as you know it that common peace you don't have,even as a Bornagain #okay even if you grab the money do you have the power to protect the money,hence money need protection and if you say faith in Jesus Christ do you have the light and power and peace of Jesus Christ as his follower?

Do the evil people fear you as Jesus Christ commands and do Satan children get behind you as Jesus Christ commanded their father the devil ? The evil spirit said Jesus Christ I know Paul I know who are you? So when we say it's the evil people that knows whom Jesus Christ truly is it's in your Bible read it.

Many people who claim to know JESUS CHRIST don't even know why he came to the earth and what their right are going forward, in following JESUSCHRIST and when.they hear the reasons as we declare to the whole world they will never listen and accept because they lack knowledge and wisdom and because of what they have been fed with they see new truth&revelation as criticism and judgemental and they forget that from the mouth of Jesus Christ came forth >>ALL THAT CAME BEFORE ME ARE ROBBERS so you that's wise did Jesus Christ criticize and judge people or not? and if I have his power I am very free to judge whoever on earth and beyond including the dead if the dead is holding your star or property we wake them up and collect what he or she have stolen from You #that is our authority from heaven of God of justice and it's you test and see ?

Behold era of long Bible stories are over, hence with the Light of Jesus Christ if you have it you conquer all evil no matter your level in Christ Jesus that's the authority that knowing Jesus Christ brings to those who truly locate him through us why not see the unbelievable truth we speak and authorize human beings to investigate our source thought truth is friend to few people and we don't expect many people to believe us after all how many seers and prophets and pastors followed Jesus Christ in bible time howmuch more you in this generation who don't know that in the spiritual realm there is no distance Jeremiah 5.21,22
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by mrintellectual(m): 6:06pm On May 26, 2019
Bacteriologist:
I may be wrong, but I assert that the large majority of Deeper life members are hypocrites and sadists. Their religion makes them so numb to the pleasures of life that they pass on that negative energy to undeserving people.

1. Deeper life members are very very difficult to live with. They use being 'principled' as an excuse to act like the complete animals their religion makes them to be. Having shared a room even when I was a Christian, with one, I know how it feels.

2. In work places, they are basically impossible to reason with. If you have inadequate requirements for a favour(probably due to an unavoidable fault) and the person in charge of that office is a deeper life member, you can pretty much forget about getting anywhere by begging or trying to explain. They're that insensitive.

3. A lot of them are largely ignorant. Their mentality is warped. They believe in one of the most ridiculous things. TVs are bad? Can't have a nice haircut? Can't dress the way you please? No earrings? Omg let me stop here.

Of course there will be good people among them but that sect of christianity is largely based on outright nonsense.

Well, you are not correct. Being numb to the pleasures of this life doesn't make you an hypocrite. It means you are conservative. Any crime in that?

About what we chose to do or not to do is PURELY OUR OWN CONSECRATION. Every member of Deeper Life is being trained to be a pastor or a Pastor's wife. There are some behaviours expected of a deacon or leader. Is anything wrong with that?

Every one has principles. If you don't, you will just allow any rubbish. Is anything wrong with that?

Many times in my place of work, some people try to do some things. I decide to let them be. At least they can't do better. You will get to work by 8:15, you'll want to write 7:30, is that right?

When you put the right time there, they say you are proving holier than thou. I always wonder when I said so.

That's just our way of life. Let us be. We will let you be, if you don't want to become like us. It's not by force. We love you the way you are.

The DL members you should be careful of are those that do contrary to what we teach and believe. Okay?

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by mrintellectual(m): 6:12pm On May 26, 2019
Again, more than the denomination you belong to, the most important thing is HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW GOD?

Who is Jesus Christ to you? Are you born again? Have you repented from your sins and believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God?

If you think repentance is works, Jesus preached it, as a requirement for salvation

Jesus Christ is the Lord.

Kudos to Deeper Life for a job well done in imparting lives for Christ.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by TruthHurts100: 7:53pm On May 26, 2019
Makuos19:

Yes it is. Anything u watch there that is sinful, defiling etc is a devil's box.

But they don't used to have the box in their houses back then.... Can you tell us what has changed?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 26, 2019
Awoo88:

Your guys are just looking for something to say about deeper life. If you don't know the church or it teachings, please keep quiet!!!

We won't stop cos that's why we are here, to correct the wrong mindset and psychology of Nigerians and Africans.

You might not understand now, maybe later you will. If you fail to understand in your lifetime, your children will and that means freedom for your lineage.

The foundation is laid, nothing can pull it down. Thank you.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by gerizzim: 8:00pm On May 26, 2019
Henri8:
Shey these deeper life people, their ladies, them dey gbensh?
wats the meaning of gbensh sir!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 26, 2019
I was born in deeper life. And spent about 22+ years there. All the points listed are right.
There's no perfect organisation on earth and yes, even though the church is Christ's, it's members are humans with faults and errors.
I'd say the average sincere deeper life member wants to please God. The doctrine of holiness is hammered every service day.
But then, most of them are misguided in their efforts to please God.
Misguided and misjudged too.
But then I believe that God will perfect His church, as He has been doing.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by DelphiOracle(m): 8:39pm On May 26, 2019
malvisguy212:
no, we preach by whispering, silly atheist
u don't have to insult me to prove your point. Thought u were more reasonable than this
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by almarthins(m): 8:48pm On May 26, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Read the below threads

https://www.nairaland.com/4931034/believe-lose-salvation-then-called

https://www.nairaland.com/4942940/judas-demas-examining-verses-people

https://www.nairaland.com/4878886/it-only-one-sin-sends

God can not be mocked nor can his word be changed.
Roman 6:1-23 answers the question of eternal security.
In fact there is no such thing as thing as eternal security. Read 1 john, 2 john and 3 john- it re affirm the nature of God. If eternal security is a message to go by, why did he say be ye perfect for i am perfect?

Check Ezekiel 18:24 and tell me again eternal security heresy from hell is the truth.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by malvisguy212: 9:12pm On May 26, 2019
DelphiOracle:
u don't have to insult me to prove your point. Thought u were more reasonable than this
oh, bro, I am very very sorry, I apologized. thank you.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Henri8: 9:40pm On May 26, 2019
gerizzim:
wats the meaning of gbensh sir!
I meant chukulele.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 26, 2019
profolaolu:
Don't be mischievous and better, Can you please one of the church rules and belief that does not conform with the Bible?

Thanks for the question.

It will be tough for me to state it all here but I'll describe a Nigerian, African Christian belief of what or who an "Enemy" is as wrong.

"First, you must agree with me that your Belief is directly proportional to your Understanding of a Principle."
OR
"Your Understanding of a Principle is your Belief."

Our Pentecostal churches including Deeper Life, RCCG, Mountain of Fire, The Lord's Choosen and the others have made its members to believe that their greatest enemy lives on the outside. That is, these churches have made its members to believe that someone somewhere is the cause of their challenges, but that's false.

I had a revelation of Heaven, I was made to see that Heaven is made up of multi races where one thing binds them all together, a sole Purpose of instilling and exhibiting what is called LOVE (Love here is not what you were taught Love is, Love is very very deep. Love on its own is the Essence of what lives and yet to live. Love itself is the grandest of all Spirit. The Bible describes God, Love as the Father of all spirits). Love is what binds Heaven together, Love is the Origin of Unity that coordinates Heaven. Even the Bible describes God as Love.

"In other for us to understand to the core the concepts of Spirituality, we must first understand how the Spiritual affects the Physical."

Love(God) is the creator of Unity. Making your members believe that their enemies is the next person (our model of prayers testifies), maybe a witch, a strong man in their father's & mother's house, their grandma, mother-in-law, step mother and the rest are false and castigating.

Making your members believe that their enemies lies in the physical means their solution or freedom also lies on the outside, false. That kinda belief causes disunity amidst the People.

The truth is Honesty, Integrity, Kindness, Generosity (products of Love) etc are values that constitutes a clean Spirit. EXAMPLE: Your member lacks integrity (that is, your member lies, not right on time, lacks productivity, etc) and you are telling him or her to pray for Divine Helper, even if he or she eventually meets the helper desired (which is improbable), they'll flaunt the opportunity rendered to them by the helper because the negative part of lacking integrity will soon reflects while the chance or opportunity is retracted.

CONCLUSION:

The Belief of a Christian is his or her Understanding of Biblical Principles.

Our Understanding of Life sets the Pace of Freedom.

What our Beliefs (Understanding) are is what becomes of us.

To either be Restricted or Free, review your Belief system.

Your Reality is rooted in your Beliefs.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by truthmatters: 10:46pm On May 26, 2019
1 John 3:7-10 King James Version (KJV)

7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Awoo88: 4:33am On May 27, 2019
SunnyskyTG:

We won't stop cos that's why we are here, to correct the wrong mindset and psychology of Nigerians and Africans.

You might not understand now, maybe later you will. If you fail to understand in your lifetime, your children will and that means freedom for your lineage.

The foundation is laid, nothing can pull it down. Thank you.
See this presumptuous ignorant fellow. Strong delusion dey worry you.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by RandomGuy48: 5:02am On May 27, 2019
I'm a bit dubious that you can say it has "stood the test of time" while Kumuyi is still alive. After he dies, that will be when the true test happens. I can think of other churches that gained a lot of membership but lost a lot of adherents (either due to schisms or people leaving normally) after their founders left.

I think you have to wait at least 20 years after Kumuyi dies before you can say it's stood the test of time.

3 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by erasourcin: 12:01pm On May 27, 2019
OboOlora:
I will come back to comment later, let me quickly marinate this turkey so hubby n I can eat it with cold almond juice. The kids are with the grandma so we are gonna be fccking all day and everywhere today.

You ha sweet lady. Your hubby go really enjoy you Wella
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Rozaytee: 3:14pm On May 27, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:
They discriminate other church denominations a lot. damning other people to hell because they ain't deeper life members. Well, I love and respect Pastor Kumuyi a lot though. But most of his church members don't follow his teachings on Love.
so far u aren't from deeper life church u are going to hell... Crazy people

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:55pm On May 27, 2019
Rozaytee:
so far u aren't from deeper life church u are going to hell... Crazy people

Exactly my sister.

Besides is that u @ dp ma ??

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by sweetilicious(f): 9:27pm On May 27, 2019
OboOlora:
I will come back to comment later, let me quickly marinate this turkey so hubby n I can eat it with cold almond juice. The kids are with the grandma so we are gonna be fccking all day and everywhere today.
You are a bad girl.Enjoy cos you are married Biko.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time by Goshen360(m): 9:34pm On May 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

When?

All over your THREADS!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bishop Kukah: Nigeria not worth dying for / ‘His Holiness’, Rev. King Can’t Die — Church Members / Daddy Freeze Reacts After Woman Gave Husband’s N300K To Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.