Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

My Car Swerves At Rear On Highway - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Swerves At Rear On Highway (1486 Views)

Funny Number Plate Seen On A Highway In Afghanistan (Photo) / Car Swerves Left /right When I Apply Brake / My Car Swerves At Rear On Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Swerves At Rear On Highway by spaggyy(m): 7:01am On May 26, 2019
Hello house,

please i need your professional advises

i own 2004 infiniti fx 35

but recently it started swerving on uneven roads, if i come in contact with a rough terrain at speed of 70km/h or above, the car swerves and make some noise.

i have changed the hub, the bushings, and even the shock absorbers

but problem persists

please what could be wrong, what do i need to do

is there an expert in Lagos that can fix this.
Re: My Car Swerves At Rear On Highway by TheGiftedOne(m): 7:14am On May 26, 2019
Gazzuzz pls come help this fellow. Abeg don't forget to pay my recommendation fee cos the guy here mentioned is your last bus stop.
Re: My Car Swerves At Rear On Highway by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:18am On May 26, 2019
spaggyy:
Hello house,

but recently it started swerving on uneven roads, if i come in contact with a rough terrain at speed of 70km/h or above, the car swerves and make some noise.

but problem persists

joints and lower control arms.
Re: My Car Swerves At Rear On Highway by CityNGR: 7:26am On May 26, 2019
Another Nissan

4 Likes

Re: My Car Swerves At Rear On Highway by spaggyy(m): 8:08am On May 26, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

joints and lower control arms.
at the rear wheel
Re: My Car Swerves At Rear On Highway by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:19am On May 26, 2019
spaggyy:

at the rear wheel

check front and rear.
Re: My Car Swerves At Rear On Highway by spaggyy(m): 12:48pm On May 26, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

check front and rear.

okay bro, i think its More of the rear, because the rear wheel are wearing off from the inner part close to the absorber
Re: My Car Swerves At Rear On Highway by spaggyy(m): 12:50pm On May 26, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
Gazzuzz pls come help this fellow. Abeg don't forget to pay my recommendation fee cos the guy here mentioned is your last bus stop.

thanks a lot bro
Re: My Car Swerves At Rear On Highway by franklin93(m): 2:38pm On May 26, 2019
spaggyy:
Hello house,

but problem persists

I have had similar experience. Rear wheel alignment was done, stabilizer bar was equally adjusted, stabilizer linkage was also change and the car was perfect. Meanwhile have a look at Bush Bushings. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: My Car Swerves At Rear On Highway by spaggyy(m): 3:20pm On May 26, 2019
franklin93:

I have had similar experience. Rear wheel alignment was done, stabilizer bar was equally adjusted, stabilizer linkage was also change and the car was perfect. Meanwhile have a look at Bush Bushings. Goodluck

Thsnks alot bro, i have looked into the bushings and also the rear alinhgment, but not the stabilizer linkage and bar.

please do u reside in Lagos, so u can recommend the person that fixed yours
Re: My Car Swerves At Rear On Highway by justiniyke29: 10:00pm On May 26, 2019
its the linkage at the back bro trust me.
it happened to my e class and it was swaying once i reach 80km, i took it to a garrage and they discovered that the bushing of the likakge had some free space

1 Like

Re: My Car Swerves At Rear On Highway by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:11pm On May 26, 2019
justiniyke29:
its the linkage at the back bro trust me.
it happened to my e class and it was swaying once i reach 80km, i took it to a garrage and they discovered that the bushing of the likakge had some free space

there is a problem with this statement. Please review.
Re: My Car Swerves At Rear On Highway by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 26, 2019
spaggyy:
Hello house,

but problem persists

Get a mechanic to check it for you.

I have driven that sporty SUV and it was cool. Just that electrical wahala de sha and the back seat and boot is not spacious.
And it is a guzzler but no qualms as it handles well and powerful engine is cool.

The exhaust sound is exhilarating.
Re: My Car Swerves At Rear On Highway by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:48pm On May 26, 2019
Check your brake discs, sir.
Re: My Car Swerves At Rear On Highway by justiniyke29: 11:24pm On May 26, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

there is a problem with this statement. Please review.
i dont know if i am not saying it right but there was one short rod they loosed and it had a rubber in the center of both side, that is the rubber that was loosed.
i think that rod is used to hold the hub

(1) (Reply)

How Many Cars Are Truly First Body In Nigeria? / Peugeot 406 / Why Do Ladies Fall In Luv With Guys That Have Nice Rides Even If Is Broke?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.