Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

French Open 2019 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / French Open 2019 (245 Views)

French Open 2019: WTA / Serena Williams Banned From Wearing Catsuit At French Open / The N261 Million Watch Rafael Nadal Wore To Win French Open (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

French Open 2019 by 21Bandit: 8:32am On May 26, 2019
Its all about the clay from may 26th - June 9

Roland garros 2019 is here, let's take a look at some stats about the dirt feasted grandslam

King Federer has not appeared at the French Open since 2015 and has not reached the semifinals of this tournament since 2012.

Halep Simona will be looking to play in the finals for 3rd consecutive years in a row in Roland garros.

Rafa Nadal wil be looking for an astonishing 12th title at Roland Garros. A win this year would also give him three in a row. Beast

Let's look at my underdogs for this year tittle

For the men folks

Alexander Zverev aka Sasha
Without a doubt Alex performance this year has been underwhelming, but this kiddo still has it on him, he did fought with every thing he has to overcome Chilean Jarry Nicholas (one of my fav) to take the Geneva 250 ATP title home yesterday....much will be expected from the next gen golden star.

Stefanos Tsitsipas aka Greek Prince.
You just can't hate but to love this lad.
The gregarious Greek will be looking for a swing here in RG19, what can't this lad do? Australian open semi finalist, a pain to Nadal ass, 12 wins out of 16 matches in clay this season. Yes this Greek Prince will be an eye to look out for...watch as the eats up German youngster Maximilian Marterer today.

Others on my list
Matteo Berettini
Auger Aliassime Felix
Christian Garin

Let's look at some long shot, looong shots for the tittle

Italian bad boi fognini Fabio( cutter of slips)
Never put your hope on Fabio said a trusted punter Friend.. But this 32 years old is capable of doing wonders on the Court especially his fav court CLAY.
Took his first 1000 ATP titles weeks back in Monaco, leaving Rafa jaws open with a dumbfoundded performance, but he his the kind of guy that can still go out in the first round, boom he explodes like Nick.

Thiem Dominic
Is this finally Thiem's time? For so long the pretender to Nadal's throne, last year's finalist, now 25, must sense he is ready to step up.

Wins over Nadal and Federer on clay over the last month have rubber-stamped Thiem's credentials, and he will be heavily fancied to reach the semi-finals, where he is seeded to face Djokovic. Cmon them, let's do this.

Stan Wawrinka

Wawrinka has neither the form nor the ranking to be in this list, but the 2015 champion certainly has the pedigree. A three-time major winner, Wawrinka is capable of beating anyone when he's in the groove - with that final against Novak Djokovic four years ago one of the finest displays of fearless hitting from any player in recent memory.
He may be running a little lower on gas these days, but the man nicknamed 'Diesel' stiil got the juice

Monfils Gael
My niggi
He is here based on personal preference.
Swagalemon on the court.
Wakanda forever baby.

So much been said on the men folks, switching gears to the ladies, WTA, what do you got for us?
from halep to the Williams sisters to powerful pliskova to muguruza to Osaka(my future wifey)...

Let's see some players to watch out for

Kiki Bertens
The fourth seed is ready for another Paris fairytale, this time with a storybook ending. With first-time winners lifting the trophy the past three years, history’s on her side. Who doesn't love kiki, the first lady to win a 1000 WTA title without dropping a set this year.

Halep Simona
She will defend her title because she is more reliable on this surface than anyone else. The queen of return points winners. She is made for Roland garros without a doubt..( my fav for the tittle)

Long shots
Osaka Naomi(my wifely ) sorry but its clay baby..
But she is the the new wine on the grand slam.
Powerful, creative, fast and sexy, what more do you need?

Queen Serena.
Battled with injuries of late, but the queen don't need much to win a slam, let's see how motivated she can gets knowing that's the clay isn't her swing.

Underdogs to look out for
Swiss machine benic Belinda is just a force to reckon with.
Maria Sakkari, this Greek youngster doesn't need much introduction, she is a beauty on the clay court.

My newest wine Vondrousova marketa, she is just to amazing, talented and a hard hitter like my wifey.
Keep an eye on this young damsel
Re: French Open 2019 by 21Bandit: 9:52am On May 26, 2019
Matches to look out for on Sunday.

Matteo Berrettini vs andujar Pablo
The Italian dark horse will battle with old wine andujar
This will a good match, despite injury plagued, andujar is a seasoned clay player, can he causes an offset by beating one of the most inform clay players this season?

Tipsarevic janko vs Dimitrov Gregor
This will be a game to look out for.
Dimitrov has been having difficulties on the court this year, and h2h favours janko who did pick some good wins prior to RG19.

Sonego Lorenzo vs Roger Federer
king Roger will be looking for a easy ride into the next round. But he has to pas through this Italian young stud, Lorenzo posses a threat to king, he is fast, lot of energy and good defense too, which is very needed on this surface.

(1) (Reply)

Flying Eagles Are Still In Poland / Breaking News Eden Hazard Completes €100m Move To Real Madrid / Kelechi Iheanacho Out Of AFCON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.