Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? (9106 Views)

Identify And Win - What Cars Are These? / How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea / Thinking Of Going To Mars? This Land Rover Vehicle Is A Perfect Ride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by antagonist: 10:36am On May 27, 2019
adanny01:

Secondly, you scored correct those who mentioned that the engine is a V6. I believe thats a half mark or zero sef. Since your question asked for displacement which is the engine size and not engine configuration.

stay there and be arguing with invigilator about marking scheme and question format after exam has ended and results are out

3 Likes

Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by adanny01(m): 10:42am On May 27, 2019
antagonist:

stay there and be arguing with invigilator about marking scheme and question format after exam has ended and results are out

Pls dont antagonize me.

Dont be surprised if my protest earns me a free pass. grin
Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:46am On May 27, 2019
adanny01:

Even though the winners have long claimed their price money, i want some clarification about the Nissan skyline.

From knowledge available to me, the pictures you shared

Picture 1 could be an Infiniti EX35 2010 or Nissan Skyline 2009. That side of the car is a 100% match. The alloy wheels and body structure is exactly the same. Are the trims different?

Picture 2 is a Left hand drive and shows the seats which are exactly the same. Is the seat leather trim, the stitch pattern or any feature in this pic not exactly as in Infiniti EX35?

Picture 3 I guess we were supposed to know from this if it was an AWD, FWD or RWD but it wasnt as clear as it should be. Does this picture bring out a difference between the Nissan and Infiniti?

Picture 4 brings a big contrast to picture 2, where pic 2 is a LHD and 4 is a RHD.

My point is that the Infiniti EX35 and the Nissan Skyline are the same car with a different badge. As far as am concerned, except if in the pictures there were features only the Nissan has, the Infiniti is also a correct answer.

Carguide we will meet in court to claim our mandate.

Cc Kingreign

1 Like

Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by antagonist: 10:54am On May 27, 2019
See them looking for awuf
Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by prizequest: 1:24pm On May 27, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Carguide we will meet in court to claim our mandate.
Cc Kingreign
PURE ACADEMIC EXERCISE
Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:53pm On May 27, 2019
prizequest:

PURE ACADEMIC EXERCISE

Yes that's what we do in court!
Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by prizequest: 2:22pm On May 27, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Yes that's what we do in court!

in supreme court voice, "you cannot profit from ya..."
#joke
Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by CarGuideNG: 3:45pm On May 27, 2019
smiley
Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by CarGuideNG: 7:18am On May 28, 2019
cool
Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by prizequest: 3:04pm On May 31, 2019
CarguideNG...thank you once more for the car prize i won. it drives and glide like a bullet train. people patronise his services o

2 Likes

Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by CarGuideNG: 4:37am On Jun 01, 2019
prizequest:
CarguideNG...thank you once more for the car prize i won. it drives and glide like a bullet train. people patronise his services o

Thank you Sir!
Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by sholarb(m): 1:38pm On Jun 02, 2019
cool
Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by Originalsly: 6:13pm On Jun 02, 2019
Hmmm....Infinity FX 35....2012...USA...3.5

Ah ah?...what do I win for last to submit?
Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by CarGuideNG: 9:31am On Jun 03, 2019
Originalsly:
Hmmm....Infinity FX 35....2012...USA...3.5

Ah ah?...what do I win for last to submit?

grin

Better late than never Sir.

2 Likes

Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by CarGuideNG: 12:08pm On Jun 05, 2019
grin
Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by CarGuideNG: 8:25pm On Jun 05, 2019
smiley
Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by CarGuideNG: 9:06am On Jun 06, 2019
Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:09pm On Jun 06, 2019
CarGuideNG:
6PM. Entries submission ended.

Answers:

Car manufacturer - Nissan

Car model - Skyline GT370 Crossover

Car model year - 2009

Country of manufacture - Japan

Engine displacement - 3700 cc/ 3.7 Liter V6
False. Going by the images you posted, it's unclear. One image is LHD, the other is RHD.

If LHD, EX37. If RHD, GT370 Crossover. RWD model, since I can't see a transfer case.

In fact, it's not even clear. This is the exact same design as a 2008 EX, which uses a 3.5L VQ35HR. An EX35.

You gave conflicting information, and there can be no winner.
Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by CarGuideNG: 1:11pm On Jun 06, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

False. Going by the images you posted, it's unclear. One image is LHD, the other is RHD.

If LHD, EX37. If RHD, GT370 Crossover. RWD model, since I can't see a transfer case.

You have some valid points, but the answers were correct, actually. One of the photos was inverted horizontally to keep things interesting.

Which is why the steering control stalk photo was included.

I think the winners would disagree with your conclusion Sir.
Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:12pm On Jun 06, 2019
CarGuideNG:

Correct, actually. One of the photos was inverted horizontally to keep things interesting.

See edit.

Isn't it pointless if you intentionally mislead the public on the very feature that defines the car?

In the US, its an EX35. In Japan and New Zealand, it's a GT370.
Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by CarGuideNG: 1:15pm On Jun 06, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

See edit.

Isn't it pointless if you intentionally mislead the public on the very feature that defines the car?

Take a look at the side profile photo Sir. You would notice that the headlamp side amber marker which is compulsory for North American vehicles, is absent from this vehicle.

That photo was deliberately included.
Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by CarGuideNG: 9:38am On Jul 23, 2019
smiley
Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by prizequest: 9:59am On Jul 23, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

See edit.

what're you insinuating, that i return this sweet ride i won? chei! village people can come in all forms and sizes o...bang, kparia onwe gi o!

bang, the interesting thing about the competition is deception, decoy et al.

2 Likes

Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by CarGuideNG: 5:06pm On Aug 10, 2019
Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by CarGuideNG: 11:13am On Aug 11, 2019
Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by CarGuideNG: 4:27pm On Aug 14, 2019
cool
Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by eightsin(m): 11:48am On Aug 16, 2019
Please I need the history of this car.
It's a lexus es300 and the said it's 1.5M
Here is the vin: JTHBF30G030123399

Thanks for your anticipated help.
Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by CarGuideNG: 6:31am On Aug 18, 2019
cool
Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by CarGuideNG: 3:38am On Aug 25, 2019
smiley
Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by abumeinben(m): 7:11am On Aug 25, 2019
Re: Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? by CarGuideNG: 12:36pm On Aug 25, 2019
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Higer Bus To Build Bus Plant In Nigeria / To Make Sienna V6 Engine Fuel More Efficient Like Toyota Camry / Cars On Nigerian Roads Hit 11.8 Million In One Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.