Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,118 members, 7,807,376 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Pls Clarify- Is Kwara State A Yoruba Or Hausa State? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pls Clarify- Is Kwara State A Yoruba Or Hausa State? (4375 Views)

Why Abdulahi Yaman Is Kwara’s Best Choice By Abdulfaitai Raheem / Why Abdulahi Yaman Is Kwara’s Best Choice, By Abdulfaitai Raheem / This Is The Only Hausa State That Has About 80% Christian Indigenes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Clarify- Is Kwara State A Yoruba Or Hausa State? by Olatunji1929: 6:15pm On May 26, 2019
the most confused state in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Clarify- Is Kwara State A Yoruba Or Hausa State? by oyatz(m): 6:43pm On May 26, 2019
Why not read about the ethnic make up of Kwara State from the website of the State Government or directly from Google.
Re: Pls Clarify- Is Kwara State A Yoruba Or Hausa State? by isaacsegun(m): 9:13pm On May 26, 2019
Kwara state is located in north central Nigeria in which Ilorin is the state capital as other States in Nigeria has their various capitals.

Kwara state consists of 16 local government in which only Ilorin which is the state capital has 3 I.e Ilorin south, Ilorin west, and Ilorin east. The other 13 local government are outside Ilorin the state capital. In kwara state, there are significant indigenous population of nupe (mainly from patigi and some part of edu local government), also there are baruba people (mainly from Baruten and kaiama local government). There are also igbomina(Yoruba extraction) from Moro, Oyun, Isin, Oke-ero, and Ekiti local government respectively. We also have other Yoruba indigenous in kwara state from Offa local government.

Concerning Ilorin the state capital, the people are predominantly Muslim, the traditional title of the leader(king) is emir, and the only language been spoken is "Yoruba" even though there are minority Fulanis that constitute the royal family.
And the Fulanis from the royal family can hardly speak there ancestral language again they all flows in Yoruba language. it will be difficult for someone as a stranger to identify the ones that have Fulani blood because you will think they are real Yoruba rather Yoruba-Fulanis.

Note; I was born and brought up in Ilorin.
Re: Pls Clarify- Is Kwara State A Yoruba Or Hausa State? by DZTech: 11:02pm On May 26, 2019
isaacsegun:
Kwara state is located in north central Nigeria in which Ilorin is the state capital as other States in Nigeria has their various capitals.

Kwara state consists of 16 local government in which only Ilorin which is the state capital has 3 I.e Ilorin south, Ilorin west, and Ilorin east. The other 13 local government are outside Ilorin the state capital. In kwara state, there are significant indigenous population of nupe (mainly from patigi and some part of edu local government), also there are baruba people (mainly from Baruten and kaiama local government). There are also igbomina(Yoruba extraction) from Moro, Oyun, Isin, Oke-ero, and Ekiti local government respectively. We also have other Yoruba indigenous in kwara state from Offa local government.

Concerning Ilorin the state capital, the people are predominantly Muslim, the traditional title of the leader(king) is emir, and the only language been spoken is "Yoruba" even though there are minority Fulanis that constitute the royal family.
And the Fulanis from the royal family can hardly speak there ancestral language again they all flows in Yoruba language. it will be difficult for someone as a stranger to identify the ones that have Fulani blood because you will think they are real Yoruba rather Yoruba-Fulanis.

hence my question.
how does it make sense for a minority race to rule over a completely separate tribe?!
because of conquest?!? shocked
its like a small hausa family ruling d Benin kingdom!
d Bini people finish, abi na contract dem people sign wey stop their royal family from ruling?!
and even if that's d case-
y would d Yoruba's leave things like that?
u know wot? I just realised-
dis is actually a very serious mata…
Re: Pls Clarify- Is Kwara State A Yoruba Or Hausa State? by isaacsegun(m): 8:45am On May 27, 2019
DZTech:
hence my question.
how does it make sense for a minority race to rule over a completely separate tribe?!
d Bini people finish, abi na contract dem people sign wey stop their royal family from ruling?!

This is going to be a long story. When I'm less busy I will furnish you with the reason based on my knowledge.
Re: Pls Clarify- Is Kwara State A Yoruba Or Hausa State? by DZTech: 12:17pm On May 27, 2019
isaacsegun:

This is going to be a long story. When I'm less busy I will furnish you with the reason based on my knowledge.
thanks in advance
I appreciate
Re: Pls Clarify- Is Kwara State A Yoruba Or Hausa State? by Kingscollege(m): 4:24pm On Mar 28, 2021
DZTech:
hence my question.
how does it make sense for a minority race to rule ovwhich is islam er a completely separate tribe?!

see it's simply because of religion ,.. they are satisfy in worshipping ALLAH only they don't want to worship idols which is Yoruba people religion .. that's why they stick with Fulani religion ..which is islam
Re: Pls Clarify- Is Kwara State A Yoruba Or Hausa State? by EzeNri(m): 4:31pm On Mar 28, 2021
Saraki is a FULANI

ILORIN is an Hausaland. Research about the 7 Hausa banza states on Google
Re: Pls Clarify- Is Kwara State A Yoruba Or Hausa State? by capitalzero: 4:47pm On Mar 28, 2021
isaacsegun:

Concerning Ilorin the state capital, the people are predominantly yorubas. The traditional title of the leader(king) is emir, and the only language been spoken is "Yoruba" even though there are minority Fulanis that constitute the royal family.
Re: Pls Clarify- Is Kwara State A Yoruba Or Hausa State? by DZTech: 7:35pm On Aug 27, 2021
Can indigenes weigh in on this discourse?
Re: Pls Clarify- Is Kwara State A Yoruba Or Hausa State? by poiu44: 7:38pm On Aug 27, 2021
quickberry:

Both, Igbominas and Offa people are yorubas while ilorin consist of yorubas and hausas
there are no hausa in ilorin. Ilorin people are yoruba people
Re: Pls Clarify- Is Kwara State A Yoruba Or Hausa State? by Pineapplelove: 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2021
TooMuchStuff:
Emir was imposed on them after a bloody palace coup by Jihadist Alimi the terrible terrorist that once migrated to Ilorin for business.

One govnor Lawal Mohd in 2002 attempted to do the right thing by degrading the Emir and installing the real Afonja dynasty as main Oba of Ilorin..... He was killed.

Then the scion of Olushola the godfather took over as new govnor.... 2003.

If u know u know....

You know history very well

1 Like

Re: Pls Clarify- Is Kwara State A Yoruba Or Hausa State? by aniomadei1975: 8:25pm On Aug 27, 2021
Is Anambra an Igbo state or Igala state?

1 Like

Re: Pls Clarify- Is Kwara State A Yoruba Or Hausa State? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 27, 2021
guru03:
Kwara people had sold their soul to jihad and fulani oligarchy that is why they have emir
The same way u sold ur souls to whites that is why u have Bishops and Reverend fathers undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pls Clarify- Is Kwara State A Yoruba Or Hausa State? by quickberry(m): 11:44pm On Aug 27, 2021
poiu44:
there are no hausa in ilorin. Ilorin people are yoruba people

What will u call Alimi's descendants?
Re: Pls Clarify- Is Kwara State A Yoruba Or Hausa State? by Nobody: 2:50am On Aug 28, 2021
DZTech:
Can indigenes weigh in on this discourse?
kwara has many other tribes. Meanwhile ilorin was a yoruba outpost controlled by afonja. He fought his masters in oyo with fulani help, fulani later killed him and created an emirate. The Fulani today have mixed with yorubas. So they have fulani and yoruba names, current emir is sulu kolapo gambari

1 Like

Re: Pls Clarify- Is Kwara State A Yoruba Or Hausa State? by Poiu11: 2:56am On Aug 28, 2021
TooMuchStuff:
Emir was imposed on them after a bloody palace coup by Jihadist Alimi the terrible terrorist that once migrated to Ilorin for business.

One govnor Lawal Mohd in 2002 attempted to do the right thing by degrading the Emir and installing the real Afonja dynasty as main Oba of Ilorin..... He was killed.

Then the scion of Olushola the godfather took over as new govnor.... 2003.

If u know u know....

The so call emir is the seriki of fulani people. Who call him self an emir. Ilorin was never take

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Diepreye Alamieyeseigha Really Dead? / You Can't Dictate To Us - Arewa / Supreme Court Affirms Governor Buni's APC CCEPC Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.