Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

I won’t stop criticising Buhari govt – Katsina cleric, Abu Ammar EXPLODE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I won’t stop criticising Buhari govt – Katsina cleric, Abu Ammar EXPLODE (1340 Views)

Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You / I Won't Stop Criticising Buhari - Obasanjo / Presidency Reacts To ‘leaked’ Audio Of Amaechi Criticising Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I won’t stop criticising Buhari govt – Katsina cleric, Abu Ammar EXPLODE by ForeThinker: 6:58am On May 27, 2019
.Popular Katsina-based Islamic cleric, Mallam Aminu Usman, popularly called “Abu Ammar”, who was recently detained and released by the Department of State Services (DSS), has vowed not to stop criticising the Buhari government.

According to him, preachings to political leaders to offer good leadership are mandated by the Holy Quran and Prophetic traditions of Islam.

In an audio of his preaching after his release obtained by PRNigeria on Sunday, the cleric said traditional rulers and religious leaders should have the courage to speak the truth to power.

While giving glory to Almighty Allah for protecting him while at the DSS facility, Sheikh Abu Ammar, thanked Muslims and other Nigerians who offered ceaseless prayers for his safety.

He disclosed that he was arrested and interrogated just because he appealed to government to do the necessary thing, which is to provide maximum security for the poor masses of Katsina who have been at the mercy of bandits and kidnappers.

“There is no point discussing the ordeal DSS made me pass through. But, Alhamdulillah I have been reunited with my family and the Muslim Ummah. And I have vowed not to keep mute in the face of injustice, poor governance and tyranny of our leaders.

“The problems and agonies of the people of Batsari, Safana, Dan Musa, Kankara, Sabuwa, Faskari, Jibia, Batagarawa, Mani, Daura and even the Katsina Local Government Area itself, are also my problems.

“I will speak about their plights, even if I will be incarcerated a million times. I will speak truth to power, even at the detriment of my life. As such, I am urging my fellow Muslim preachers to remain steadfast and have faith in Allah.

“They should not relent in admonishing our leaders and those in authorities to do the right thing and what are expected of them,” he said.

https://dailypost.ng/2019/05/26/wont-stop-criticising-buhari-govt-katsina-cleric-abu-ammar-explodes-dss-arrest/

Re: I won’t stop criticising Buhari govt – Katsina cleric, Abu Ammar EXPLODE by Flyingngel(m): 7:14am On May 27, 2019
I have nothing to say cos Nigeria matter don tire me.
By the way Ops where is the source?

1 Like

Re: I won’t stop criticising Buhari govt – Katsina cleric, Abu Ammar EXPLODE by aolawale025: 7:25am On May 27, 2019
A good government will give room for criticism

1 Like

Re: I won’t stop criticising Buhari govt – Katsina cleric, Abu Ammar EXPLODE by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:38am On May 27, 2019
why would he be detain in the first place...li dnt understand this government and its love for DSS to Do its bindings.......so freedom of speech is now forbidden

1 Like

Re: I won’t stop criticising Buhari govt – Katsina cleric, Abu Ammar EXPLODE by SoNature(m): 7:50am On May 27, 2019
Every institution of government is trying to please one man: The President.

That's not how reasonable societies function.

These institutions of government have laws that dictate to them what they must do...no what the president wants.

One of the things I expected from Buhari was to make government institutions independent. To date, they are still working to please him.

The day Buhari will initiate measures to restructure this country and strengthen government institutions, that's the day I would take him seriously.

Nigeria's structure is faulty, and it needs to be fixed. He ought to prioritize that more than fighting corruption. For instance, if the EFCC is empowered, it can probe both members of the ruling party and the opposition, including the president.

1 Like

Re: I won’t stop criticising Buhari govt – Katsina cleric, Abu Ammar EXPLODE by Nobody: 7:50am On May 27, 2019
Sheu,just know what you will say because the same people u are fighting for can attack u because of BUBU
Re: I won’t stop criticising Buhari govt – Katsina cleric, Abu Ammar EXPLODE by olisaEze(m): 8:05am On May 27, 2019
As you make your bed so you’ll lie on it. The people ure fighting for, are they with u? Talk again and this time they’ll carry ur wife along with you! Nigeria= HQ of “Suffering&Smiling Plc”. grin

Re: I won’t stop criticising Buhari govt – Katsina cleric, Abu Ammar EXPLODE by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:49am On May 27, 2019
ForeThinker:

There is no point discussing the ordeal DSS made me pass through. But, Alhamdulillah I have been reunited with my family and the Muslim Ummah. And I have vowed not to keep mute in the face of injustice, poor governance and tyranny of our leaders.

https://dailypost.ng/2019/05/26/wont-stop-criticising-buhari-govt-katsina-cleric-abu-ammar-explodes-dss-arrest/

You are on the right track sir, the political correct master (Tinubu) and the other APC zombies will not see it that way simply because they have sold their conscience!!!

They have refuse to see what every meaningful Nigerians are seeing simply because of the periodic alerts in their akants
!!!

(1) (Reply)

“I Am Not Very Happy With My Performance So Far,” Gov Sanwo-olu Admits / Governor Akeredolu’s Score Card In Less Than 3years in Office (PHOTOS) / 2020 Would Be The Fastest Year In Human History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.