Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

How My Legs Got Broken While Playing Football In Ibadan - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How My Legs Got Broken While Playing Football In Ibadan (814 Views)

Neymar, Gabriel Jesus, Ederson Play Table Football In Brazil Locker Room(Photos) / Didier Drogba Retires From Playing Football / Why Lionel Messi Scored 2 Goals Through My Legs - Chelsea Goalkeeper, Courtois (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Legs Got Broken While Playing Football In Ibadan by LifestyleTonite: 8:06am On May 27, 2019
A young man has narrated how his legs got broken while playing football in Ibadan years ago.

According to him, his football skills provoked the best defender on the field that day which resulted in him waking up at the hospital.

He shared:

I went to ibadan in 2008, i was new in the area and was looking for where i could play football, so i saw this small field called "San Siro" then i went there to play 'Set'. I was like the youngest there so luckily one Set selected me, people there don't know…

my skills yet so i was just dribbling everybody till i dribbled one Egbon called Gattuso and he fell down and i scored… Unknowingly to me he was the best defender there and Dribbling him was something rare for everyone..
"Hahaha heheheheh hahaah omode na eyin agba mole"

was the sound of the viewers both players outside all mocking Gattuso for being dribbled by a Small boy (me). I was elated due to the praise i received from the viewers and other players. In my mind i was feeling like prime Ronaldinho

After the Humiliation of Gattuso and his Set.. They came in again to play and Me being unwise wanted to do snake bite to humiliate Gattuso again.. That was the last thing i remembered that day it was one good Samaritan that backed me home, my two legs were not working.

https://www.kemifilani.com/2019/05/how-my-legs-got-broken-while-playing-football-in-ibadan.html

Cc lalasticlala

Re: How My Legs Got Broken While Playing Football In Ibadan by Davash222(m): 8:12am On May 27, 2019
You went to San siro and dribbled Gattuso.

The name of the 'Stadium' and the name of the player you dribbled was enough reason to end your football career. You even get mind to play after hearing the name of the Stadium.

We have one here, they call it 'Seria A'. I rather pick beans at home than to go play there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Legs Got Broken While Playing Football In Ibadan by madridguy(m): 8:20am On May 27, 2019
Field named San Siro and you're too young to remember what happened to Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima in Italy San Siro and let same to happened to you in Ibadan San Siro. Any time I hear San Siro I lay low as a player tongue
Re: How My Legs Got Broken While Playing Football In Ibadan by Jayslicky: 8:23am On May 27, 2019
Wickedness at it's peak, why do many people act uncivilised, so a young boy dribbles you as a defender the next to do is to find a way to break his leg, why not analyse his dribble style and find a way to stop him without making any foul.

I have always been of the opinion that grassroot football should be played in organised not on the streets cos nobody will be responsible for the injuries inflicted on the player on the field.

1 Like

Re: How My Legs Got Broken While Playing Football In Ibadan by madridguy(m): 8:24am On May 27, 2019
Seria A for my area then is only on Thursday and it is strictly gamble shocked You see referee with weed so if they machete you OYO is your case. Come see injury grin

Davash222:
You went to San siro and dribbled Gattuso.

The name of the 'Stadium' and the name of the player you dribbled was enough reason to end your football career. You even get mind to play after hearing the name of the Stadium.

We have one here, they call it 'Seria A'. I rather pick beans at home than to go play there.
Re: How My Legs Got Broken While Playing Football In Ibadan by madridguy(m): 8:27am On May 27, 2019
You be butter pickin a.k.a butty. If you go field you hear them calling person agba, egbon, odogwu or elder don't try to use them shine otherwise your case go pass sorry tongue

Jayslicky:
Wickedness at it's peak, why do many people have uncivilised, so a young boy dribbles you as a defender the next to do is to find a way to break his leg, why not analyse his dribble style and find a way to stop him without making any foul.

I have always been of the opinion that grassroot football should be played in organised not on the streets cos nobody will be responsible for the injuries inflicted on the player on the field.
Re: How My Legs Got Broken While Playing Football In Ibadan by ExAngel007(f): 8:28am On May 27, 2019
l love football. But when it comes to the hard tackle, naaa....
Re: How My Legs Got Broken While Playing Football In Ibadan by Davash222(m): 8:30am On May 27, 2019
madridguy:
Seria A for my area then is only on Thursday and it is strictly gamble shocked You see referee with weed so if they machete you OYO is your case. Come see injury grin

Hahahaha, Chief, here they don't have referee, the fans outside are the referee and all of them have weed with them.

I'm sure people would die any day they decide to stake money.
Re: How My Legs Got Broken While Playing Football In Ibadan by Homeboiy: 8:31am On May 27, 2019
Hmmm
Re: How My Legs Got Broken While Playing Football In Ibadan by Davash222(m): 8:35am On May 27, 2019
madridguy:
You be butter pickin a.k.a butty. If you go field you hear them calling person agba, egbon, odogwu or elder don't try to use them shine otherwise your case go pass sorry tongue

Lol, funny thing is, once they break your leg, another person will replace you within 5 seconds. Na only your closest friend fit come help stretch you out of the pitch, maybe buy you pure water. That's all!
Re: How My Legs Got Broken While Playing Football In Ibadan by madridguy(m): 8:35am On May 27, 2019
grin grin grin No referee, bro it is dangerous to be among the spectators self tongue

Davash222:

Hahahaha, Chief, here they don't have referee, the fans outside are the referee and all of them have weed with them.

I'm sure people would die any day they decide to stake money.
Re: How My Legs Got Broken While Playing Football In Ibadan by madridguy(m): 8:39am On May 27, 2019
Chai, grin grin grin that place is not football field but slaughtering field. My area then Seria A get safety kit and first aid box incase of injury.

Davash222:

Lol, funny thing is, once they break your leg, another person will replace you within 5 seconds. Na only your closest friend fit come help stretch you out of the pitch, maybe buy you pure water. That's all!
Re: How My Legs Got Broken While Playing Football In Ibadan by Davash222(m): 8:44am On May 27, 2019
madridguy:
Chai, grin grin grin that place is not football field but slaughtering field. My area then Seria A get safety kit and first aid box incase of injury.

It's called Seria A aka Abattoir

(1) (Reply)

See What Ronaldo Said After Scoring Hatrick Against Switzerland / Why C.ronaldo Deserve The Ballon D'or.lolz / Use A Meme To Describe Your Feelings After Nigeria's Lose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.