Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri (23806 Views)

President Tinubu Receives Wike And Heineken Lokpobiri In Abuja / FIRS: Garba Shehu Reveals Why Fowler Was Not Reappointed / Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by 2mercy: 8:30am On May 27, 2019
By John Owen Nwachukwu

Minister of State for Agriculture and Rural Development, Senator Heineken Lokpobiri, has revealed that he had told President Muhammadu Buhari that he would not want to return as a Minister in his cabinet.

Lokpibiri said he had informed the President that he would contest the Bayelsa State governorship race instead.

Lokpobiri said this in an interview on Channels TV, yesterday, adding that he has learnt a lot under President Buhari and was eager to become Bayelsa governor to replicate all he had learnt.

He said, “I met the president a few days ago and I told him that I want to run for governorship in Bayelsa having thanked him for appointing me as a minister.

“I have learnt so much under him in the four years than what I learnt as a parliamentary for 12 years. I want to take that experience back home and see how we can build a Bayelsa beyond oil.

“Sylva is not my godfather. When I was speaker in 1999 he (Sylva) was special assistant to Alamieyeseigha. When I came to the Senate, he became governor.

“Yes, I must concede he came into APC and might have facilitated my appointment as minister but that does not make him my godfather. In 2007, when he got elected as governor, I got elected as Senator. In 2007, I was with Timi Alaibe and that was how I got the ticket.

“In 2011, we worked together even when former president Goodluck Jonathan and Governor Seriake Dickson were fighting him. I worked for him and not Dickson.

“The APC governorship ticket would not divide us. As far as I am concerned, it is going to be a family affair. We might go into primaries and whoever wins would fly the party’s flag and I believe I am going to win,” he said.

https://dailypost.ng/2019/05/27/second-term-dont-want-reappointed-buharis-minister-lokpobiri/

2 Likes

Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by maynation(f): 8:33am On May 27, 2019
No one wants to associate with the Dullard. cheesy

To y'all quoting me, my comment isn't a mistake.
He can give whatever excuse , what everyone knows is 'Buhari the dullard isn't to be associated with'.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by Nobody: 8:33am On May 27, 2019
He said he learned a lot fro buba(corruption,stealing etc) and he want to govern bayelsa....Hope it is not wat am thinking

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by Biglittlelois(f): 8:33am On May 27, 2019
After embezzling enough you're in awe of the money you got so why won't you reject 2nd term, enjoy your monetary retirement.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by abbeyloyee(m): 8:33am On May 27, 2019
A
Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by GrowYourSales(m): 8:34am On May 27, 2019
Is two things:

He has had enough

Or he has stole enough
tongue

Meanwhile is your business suffering? Check my signature

4 Likes

Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by Liveair: 8:35am On May 27, 2019
Honourable Heineken Beer, it will be hard for APC to win Bayelsa. Don't lose both ways.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by Nobody: 8:35am On May 27, 2019
Heineken wants to go home and relax with some chilled Heineken.

I'll get my coat.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by Vin42(m): 8:36am On May 27, 2019
Which u a successful return into ur dreams �

2 Likes

Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by Ayoefa: 8:36am On May 27, 2019
maynation:

Your ability to read and comprehend has been limited due to poor education and IPOB brainwashing.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by maynation(f): 8:36am On May 27, 2019
GrowYourSales:
Is two things:

He has had enough

Or he has stole enough tongue

Yes. He has STOLE enough, weyrey.

6 Likes

Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by adecz: 8:37am On May 27, 2019
grin grin

"Learned a lot" under Buhari...

Ah no fit laugh

grin grin grin grin grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by Vizzim: 8:37am On May 27, 2019
The man had enough either in his pocket or enough sadness.

4 Likes

Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by badmrkt(m): 8:37am On May 27, 2019
running away from incompetence...i'd done exact thing.

4 Likes

Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by Nobody: 8:38am On May 27, 2019
maynation:

Heineken wants to contest for Bayelsa governorship, that's what

1 Like

Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by AkataYeriYeri: 8:38am On May 27, 2019
maynation:
Read the post .
You won’t die

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by TheFacelessMan: 8:39am On May 27, 2019
Preempting the inevitable.... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by Englishgold: 8:39am On May 27, 2019
After you Don shop belle full.

1 Like

Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by Erolow(f): 8:39am On May 27, 2019
Okay.

See signature below if interested in free online marketing training
Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by GangerFarmer01(m): 8:40am On May 27, 2019
Ayoefa:

Your ability to read and comprehend has been limited due to poor education and IPOB brainwashing.

Lmaoo Only one person!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by EdeyHot: 8:44am On May 27, 2019
Why is this guy above no get sense at all?! You want Nigerians to.... morning afternoon, night, sex, sex, sex.. how people go come get sense.
Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by Aidejay(m): 8:44am On May 27, 2019
And who gives a fck?
See Mary
See Jesus.
Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by donbachi(m): 8:44am On May 27, 2019
happy children's day to all the children on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by Yeeyo: 8:44am On May 27, 2019
people are tired of the present government
Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by Firgemachar: 8:44am On May 27, 2019
K
Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by marostan(m): 8:45am On May 27, 2019
Heineken Beer ni Star Beer ko!!! How it take concern me. Instead of you to say you have stolen enough. Wetin you learn from Bubu.. Oga go and rest.
Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by BruncleZuma: 8:45am On May 27, 2019
grin grin grin grin

This one don go see expo say him name no dey for Buhari's list of favourite noisemakers...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by maynation(f): 8:45am On May 27, 2019
Ayoefa:

No one wants to associate with the Dullard.

Oya hang yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:45am On May 27, 2019
Noted. All the best.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu, Tinubu Mourn Senator Osinowo / 2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp / Jonathan’s Camp Kicks Over 2019 PDP Zoning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.