Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu (37577 Views)

Appeal Court Sacks Ugonna Ozuruigbo As Reps Member, Declares Nwadike Winner / Ugonna Ozuruigbo Resigns As Imo Assembly Deputy Speaker / Khadija Ibrahim Wins Mohammed Ibrahim In Contest For Yobe Federal Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu by jrusky(m): 8:41am On May 28, 2019
I can see some apc already turning this to Biafra simply they are dull to see the fingers on the wall that pdp is national party for all as they can see so those apc still in slumber thinking its only biafra that supported pdp better wake up before it's too late. I guess Bauchi too is biafra bah? oh Oyo is biafra too bah? Dont worry keep shouting biafra till pdp send all of you to the wilderness ok.

1 Like

Re: Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu by garfield1: 8:44am On May 28, 2019
frankyychiji:
Your wailing has just begun Baba
Pdp is dead and buried dear hater.no wonder you guys are called ipob
Re: Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu by garfield1: 8:45am On May 28, 2019
jrusky:
I can see some apc already turning this to Biafra simply they are dull to see the fingers on the wall that pdp is national party for all as they can see so those apc still in slumber thinking its only biafra that supported pdp better wake up before it's too late. I guess Bauchi too is biafra bah? oh Oyo is biafra too bah? Dont worry keep shouting biafra till pdp send all of you to the wilderness ok.
So getting a federal seat in imo where it is dominant is now spreading of its tentacles nationally
Re: Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu by maynation(f): 8:46am On May 28, 2019
Mickeybook:
shebi the person that is replacing him is a Yoruba man

You have issues with comprehension and you also have no idea of the political happenings in in Nigeria so I'll just ignore you.
Re: Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu by Sammyolis: 8:50am On May 28, 2019
Cat and dog
Re: Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu by udemzyudex(m): 8:55am On May 28, 2019
garfield1:
Federal High Court in Owerri on Monday sacked the member-elect for Nkwerre/Nwangele/Njaba/Isu federal constituency of Imo State, Ugonna Ozurigbo.

Ozurigbo had, last Wednesday, resigned his position as the Deputy Speaker of the Imo State House of Assembly.

Justice P.A. Rigime, who delivered the judgment, ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission to issue a Certificate of Return to Kingsley Echendu of the Peoples Democratic Party.

Neither PDP nor its candidate was a party to the suit.

The court said that Harrison Nwadike, who is the plaintiff, was the “rightful winner” of the All Progressives Congress primary election in the federal constituency.

Nwadike had taken his party, APC, and INEC to court over the submission of Ozurigbo’s name as the candidate of the party.

Nwadike, who prayed the court to declare him as the APC rightful candidate, contended that automatic tickets were unknown to the constitution.

The court in its judgment agreed with the petitioner that automatic tickets were unknown to law.

The justice who said that the candidacy of Ozurigbo was illegitimate ordered INEC to issue the PDP candidate, Echendu, who came second in the general election with a Certificate of Return as the rightful winner of the election.

The petitioner who spoke to our correspondent after the judgment was delivered, said that while he agreed with the court that he was the rightful winner of the APC primary election in the federal constituency, it was wrong for the court to have declared the PDP candidate the lawful winner of the general election.

He said that he would go to court to challenge the aspect of the judgment which ordered INEC to issue a Certificate of Return to the PDP candidate.

But counsel to the PDP candidate, who is the beneficiary of the court judgment, Stanley Imo, told our correspondent that the court was right to have declared his client the rightful winner of the election.

He said, “The law is very clear on this. Harrison Nwadike did not participate in all the stages of the election but my client did. Now, the court held that Ugonna Ozurigbo was not the rightful candidate of the APC (and) said that the second runner-up, who is my client that participated in all the stages of the elections should be issued with the Certificate of Return”.

The PDP publicity secretary in the state, Damian Opara, urged INEC to waste no time in issuing its candidate the Certificate of Return as ordered by the court.

Opara who spoke to our correspondent said that the judgment “has shown that impunity and illegality are bad. PDP did perfect primary elections and we are reaping the dividends.”

Efforts made by our correspondent to reach Ozurigbo proved abortive as he had yet to reply to the text messages sent to his mobile phone as of the time of filing this report.

Above is what actually transpired in the court.the judge made a mistake or was drunk or was sleeping.the appeal court will easily do the right thing

Read the second part .
Re: Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu by Mickeybook(f): 8:56am On May 28, 2019
maynation:

You have issues with comprehension and you also have no idea of the political happenings in in Nigeria so I'll just ignore you.
Your question, response to my comment shows you don't have any reasonable thing to offer , you just want to wage an E- Tribal war to warn cheap nairaland likes
Re: Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu by ridbell01(m): 8:57am On May 28, 2019
make PDP win every seats but ibo man wouldn't taste presidency
Re: Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu by udemzyudex(m): 9:06am On May 28, 2019
garfield1:

Except so.but the judge said nothing about that.the petitioner before proving that there was automatic ticket must have prove that there was a primaries which he won but was cheated

The judge said nothing about that put you copied a full post and place it here without reading the part where the lawyer said the PDP candidate participated in all stages of the election and should be the rightful person to be issued certificate of return?
Re: Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu by chiedu7: 9:17am On May 28, 2019
Monimatic:
2023 will be interesting

APC is at war with itself

I suspect Buhari wont hand over
Re: Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu by slap1(m): 9:21am On May 28, 2019
OZB my boss. I'm still sad about this. cry
Re: Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu by ProdigalSaviour: 9:36am On May 28, 2019
E pain am ahahahah.....no be fight dear..they care about there pocket lets hustle and be better tomao....one love
SoNature:

ProdigalSaviour, is she your brother? grin grin grin
Re: Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu by STARKACE(m): 9:56am On May 28, 2019
maynation:
Biafra media outlet so quick to air the fall of one of theirs simply because of different political affiliations.

Is PDP another name for Biafra??
nope, but they are both built on corruption and run by frauds.
Re: Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu by Henri8: 10:19am On May 28, 2019
ProdigalSaviour:
My brother that's bitter truth .even vanguard has the news...
No be brother. Na one mumu girl.
Re: Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu by Henri8: 10:22am On May 28, 2019
iluvdonjazzy:
Oshiomhole my guy, thanks for destroying APC jor.
And Osibanjo is busy explaining to all.
Re: Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu by tuniski: 10:25am On May 28, 2019
Sleevia:
bros, don't get ur hopes high. This is well orchestrated by the North cos they are realigning to come into PDP

South are the biggest fools in the scheme of Nigeria's politics, so much for the over educated South.
Yes let them all return to pdp cos only can truly rotate the presidency amongst the zones.
Re: Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu by Franking: 10:27am On May 28, 2019
maynation:
Biafra media outlet so quick to air the fall of one of theirs simply because of different political affiliations.

So, the PDP candidate isn't one of their own too? And why cry more than the bereaved? Aproko.
Re: Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu by maynation(f): 10:32am On May 28, 2019
Franking:

So, the PDP candidate isn't one of their own too? And why cry more than the bereaved? Aproko.

Do you even understand English at all?
Have you seen all of the news being aired by this media outlet?
It's only news favours their agitations and the fact that they hurriedly posted this made me wonder if there are things we need to understand about PDP and Biafra.
Anyways, I'm a member of the PDP, so cry less tatafo elenu razor.
Re: Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu by Freestainworld(m): 10:40am On May 28, 2019
lai Mohammed and os
ho, how market? we don't hear from guys again, some people are already missing you two ☺
Re: Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu by olamakinde(m): 11:11am On May 28, 2019
maynation:

pretty lady
Re: Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu by Nobody: 11:12am On May 28, 2019
frankyychiji:
You must contest in 2023, I will vote for you.
that is if you are ready to become my vice
Re: Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu by maynation(f): 11:17am On May 28, 2019
olamakinde:
pretty lady
undecided
Yoruba demons alertcheesy
Re: Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu by olamakinde(m): 11:27am On May 28, 2019
maynation:

undecided

Yoruba demons alertcheesy
nah, Yoruba angels babe
Re: Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu by maynation(f): 11:29am On May 28, 2019
olamakinde:
nah, Yoruba angels babe
Amo iru yin oo cheesy Ekaaaaro Sir.
Re: Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu by ajebuter(f): 11:44am On May 28, 2019
At this rate,

One day soon, APC would lose its Abuja Secretariat to PDP

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu by olamakinde(m): 11:46am On May 28, 2019
maynation:

Amo iru yin oo cheesy
Ekaaaaro Sir.
Eni rere ni mi, mi o kii se kiniun. Ekaaro ma

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President-Elect Tinubu Jets Out To Europe Ahead Of Lesser Hajj / 700 Ex-military Officers Amputated, Dismissed Over Boko Haram / Osun Voters Mock APC: We Collected Their Money, But Voted For Adeleke (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.