Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,067 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Us Visa Dropbox Renewal - Travel Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel Ads / Us Visa Dropbox Renewal (715 Views)

What Information Will I Fill In My Ds160 Application Form For Us Visa / Instead Of Applying For Visiting Us Visa ,use Training, School Or Get Married . / Us Visa Application Through Conference And Business Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Visa Dropbox Renewal by kaybab: 12:59pm On May 27, 2019
Good day All, please kindly review my travel history and advise.

I applied for a b1/b2 visa to attend a conference in 2017 and was approved, I went for the conference and spent 11days before returning back to Nigeria. A year later in 2018 I went for same conference/vacation and at the CBP I was asked if have schooled in the US before and I said NO so I was advised to step aside & directed me to an office where many were questioned, I was called after 30mins of waiting to ask the following questions;

1. CBP- Have you schooled here before?
2. ME - NO, I haven’t
3. CBP - Have you applied for an admission here before?
4. ME - YES, I applied for admission at xxxx school in the past.
5. CBP- So what happen thereafter?
6. ME - I could not process the admission further because my visa was not granted as at that time.
7. CBP - Where do you work?
8. ME - I work with xxxxxx company
9. CBP - How long will u be staying?
10. ME - 3weeks
11. CBP - What will you be doing after the conference?
12. ME - I will stop by to say hi to my sister in NY and do some shopping during my vacation.
13. CBP - Ok, have a good day and stamped me in.

I stayed for 19days before returning to Nigeria, now my b1/b2 visa has expired and have applied for renewal through Dropbox 40days earlier before it expires and while waiting dropbox was suspended. I applied for same conference I attended in 2017 because it’s a big yearly event but unfortunately the event date has elapsed for over 3 weeks now before I got the 221g letter advising me to schedule an appointment for follow up interview.

My questions are below;
1. Do I need to fill another non immigrant DS-160 to change my travel plans since the conference am going for has elapsed?
2. What are the possible questions to expect in the interview?
3. Since the event is yearly and I don’t have it in my plans to travel again this year, can I just say I will be going for the upcoming one in 2020?
4. What and what do I need to go with?
5. Could it be because I was questioned at the POE is why they asked me to show for a follow up interview?
6. If am asked in the interview to tell them what happened at the POE, can i narrate just the way I was asked and responded?
7. The visa was issued in my old passport and I applied with the new one which has been updated on my portal, could this be the reason why I was called?

Thanks so much as I will be waiting for your guidance on above matter. God bless!!!
Re: Us Visa Dropbox Renewal by Imbees: 4:33pm On May 31, 2019
Please what date did you submit for Dropbox?
Re: Us Visa Dropbox Renewal by kaybab: 9:29am On Jun 01, 2019
I submitted for Dropbox March 26 2019
Re: Us Visa Dropbox Renewal by skybluestravels(m): 7:06am On Aug 02, 2019
Good morning guys.
2passport needed for USA government package. No interview only thumbprint, no down payment just buy visa fee.
Contact Skybluestravels @ 1E TBS Building, Behind BRT Bus Terminal, Lagos Island
WhatApp 08126809342 or call 07036829626
We have other contact packages for various countries
Re: Us Visa Dropbox Renewal by Damian457: 10:04am On Jun 09, 2020
kaybab:
Good day All, please kindly review my travel history and advise.

I applied for a b1/b2 visa to attend a conference in 2017 and was approved, I went for the conference and spent 11days before returning back to Nigeria. A year later in 2018 I went for same conference/vacation and at the CBP I was asked if have schooled in the US before and I said NO so I was advised to step aside & directed me to an office where many were questioned, I was called after 30mins of waiting to ask the following questions;

1. CBP- Have you schooled here before?
2. ME - NO, I haven’t
3. CBP - Have you applied for an admission here before?
4. ME - YES, I applied for admission at xxxx school in the past.
5. CBP- So what happen thereafter?
6. ME - I could not process the admission further because my visa was not granted as at that time.
7. CBP - Where do you work?
8. ME - I work with xxxxxx company
9. CBP - How long will u be staying?
10. ME - 3weeks
11. CBP - What will you be doing after the conference?
12. ME - I will stop by to say hi to my sister in NY and do some shopping during my vacation.
13. CBP - Ok, have a good day and stamped me in.

I stayed for 19days before returning to Nigeria, now my b1/b2 visa has expired and have applied for renewal through Dropbox 40days earlier before it expires and while waiting dropbox was suspended. I applied for same conference I attended in 2017 because it’s a big yearly event but unfortunately the event date has elapsed for over 3 weeks now before I got the 221g letter advising me to schedule an appointment for follow up interview.

My questions are below;
1. Do I need to fill another non immigrant DS-160 to change my travel plans since the conference am going for has elapsed?
2. What are the possible questions to expect in the interview?
3. Since the event is yearly and I don’t have it in my plans to travel again this year, can I just say I will be going for the upcoming one in 2020?
4. What and what do I need to go with?
5. Could it be because I was questioned at the POE is why they asked me to show for a follow up interview?
6. If am asked in the interview to tell them what happened at the POE, can i narrate just the way I was asked and responded?
7. The visa was issued in my old passport and I applied with the new one which has been updated on my portal, could this be the reason why I was called?

Thanks so much as I will be waiting for your guidance on above matter. God bless!!!
did you still get the visa?
Re: Us Visa Dropbox Renewal by skybluestravels(m): 7:19pm On Jul 20, 2020
Good day ma, i just came across your question on here and i want to confirm if you got a good response already

(1) (Reply)

Settling Into Ireland As An International Student | What You Need To Know / Get Your Affordable Tickets To Any Part Of The World. / Introducing Www.gomaysplazahotels.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.