Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,480 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

4 African Ways To Reduce Financial Waste - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 4 African Ways To Reduce Financial Waste (274 Views)

Jumia Sacks 900 Workers To Reduce Cost Of Operation / Is It Advisable To Reduce My Age In All Documents? / Meet Our Team Of Super Heros - LAWMA Celebrates Waste Management Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 African Ways To Reduce Financial Waste by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 27, 2019
4 AFRICAN WAYS TO REDUCE FINANCIAL WASTE

The biggest problem of Africa and Africans has been the issue of waste because Africans has a tradition that encourages wastes. I had a neighbor of mine in Lagos then who had a friend that was living with him. Despite working in a bank and earning upto a hundred and fifty thousand Naira, he still couldn't get an apartment of his own.
It got to a point that his friend that was accommodating him had no other choice than to push him out of his his apartment because he couldn't believe why a hundred and fifty thousand Naira monthly salary earner couldn't save enough to get an apartment of his own. Some people blame their inability to save on some spiritual force why some others blame it on the high cost of commodities and inflation but the truth is, no matter how much you earn, you and i can still save. There are so many things that causes financial waste and there are so many ways to reduce financial wastes but i want to share just four with you today and I will 10 more in my online masterclass where i will be teaching participants on money management.

- THE MONKEY STYLE

Sometime ago, i visited a zoo in Benin and i had a first hand experience with a live monkey. Monkey are lovely creatures that plays and jumps around but there is one thing they don't joke with which is bananas. Give a monkey your shoe and you are sure of getting it back but one thing that a moneky will never return to you when given is a banana because they know how precious it is to them and how hard it is to get. Money is not easy to get and must be spent with sense. You can't work hard to earn money and spray it away. Earning money is not easy, no one should be made to give it away easily. If you work very hard to earn your money, you should spend it judiciuosly. No man should be called stingy when he is toiling all day to earn it.
The waste of money is an abuse of adulthood and money itself. No matter how or where you got money from, no one has the right to waste it. Because you got your money easily doesnt give you the right to spend it on frivolities.

- LIVING THE NOW LIFE
Most people are wasting money because they are trying to "fake it to make it". Every man and woman must live their lives according to their current level. Most people who are living the "fake it to make it" life are majorly in deep financial debts that their fans, mentees knows nothing about.If God wanted you to live the kind of life that you are faking, He would have given you the necessary things needed to live it. For you not having it now means that you havent built yourself enough to have it. Success is not about time but about personal capability.

- IDENTIFY THE AVENUES
There are a lot of avenues that wastes money and your ability to discover and block them is what puts you in total control. Have you thought about the reality that despite the fact that most of our parents earned less than we are earning, they were still able to take care of their large families? I cry whenever i see a young man who earns 70,000 Naira or more in a month complaining that its salary is not enough. That your present salary that seems not to be enough for you is someone else prayer request. What most people need is not an increase in salary or a job that pays better but a lesson on money management.

- LEARNING TO SAY NO!
Every financial wastage started from a small voice in your head or in someone else's head. You and I must learn to say NO! all the time to that small voice that tells you to buy that car when you don't need one. Say NO! to that small voice that tells you to buy expensive designers wears to make people know that you have arrived. Say NO! to that small voice that tells you to buy that phone that costs more than your monthly salary. Say NO! to that lady that wants you to take care of her and make her look like those her favorite celebrities she follows on social media. Say NO! to spending someone else's monthly salary on drinks. Say No! to that small voice that tells you to live above your present level and salary.

I believe these few tips will go a long way to help you to cut down on your financial waste.

SUCCEED YOU MUST.

(c) Johnspeak Uwangue
Talent Manager/ Coach / TRAINER

Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 African Ways To Reduce Financial Waste by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 27, 2019
m

(1) (Reply)

Change Of State / Please Guys Help Me Out / Word Of The Day! 'kismet'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.