Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

How My Dad Scammed Me And My Brother As A Child - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How My Dad Scammed Me And My Brother As A Child (458 Views)

N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid / How Bold Gains Nigeria Limited Scammed Me 1.2Million Naira Just Now / See Picture Of The Anambra Man Who Used His Brother As A Collateral In Pakistan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Dad Scammed Me And My Brother As A Child by yinkuscious(m): 11:18pm On May 27, 2019
My Dad played a funny joke on me and my brother one day.
We just got back from school and about to enjoy the rice and egg Mama prepared for us for lunch - then, my Dad entered. Excitedly, we jumped up to greet him and he ushered us back to our food.
As we were about to eat, that was when my intelligence and that of my brother was played on.

My Dad said he was hungry as well. We both decided to give him some share from our rice, that wasn't all.
As Yoruba boys, we're trained to eat the meat/egg/fish after the main food, I don't know why our parents see this as home training. Lol

After the rice, myself and my brother were left with one egg each. So, Dad told us to give him half of our eggs each, in his words, he said he doesn't want to bother us.
We were both comfortable with the deal, we have him half from our eggs, myself and my brother ate half.

It was some years ago, when I remembered this particular day that I concluded that Dad actually scammed us. Lol

He ate a whole egg, while we both fed on half each, but he told us he doesn't want to bother us.

Back then, it make no sense to me, but today, it is clear that our Pops weighed our intelligence.

Most things we do today as young people, we most time don't think about tomorrow.
Young people most times tend to make some juicy decisions, but by the time they're older, they definitely would feel cheated, used, and foolish.

If you own a business, and someone is willing to invest in it, you can because of your excitement and naivety not think through about the whole deal.

Whatever you're doing today, that probably sounds cool and exciting you at the moment, it definitely might not make sense in 5-10 years time.

Always ensure to have people who can see beyond now within your circle.
People who can wake you up from a 1 minute non-futurustic excitement.

Source - https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2228056940613656&id=100002281149798&set=a.104990212920350&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&notif_id=1558987945573648&ref=m_notif

2 Likes

Re: How My Dad Scammed Me And My Brother As A Child by TheRealOwner(m): 1:41am On May 28, 2019
Nice
Re: How My Dad Scammed Me And My Brother As A Child by CreepyBlackpool: 1:55am On May 28, 2019
So las las what are trying to say

2 Likes

Re: How My Dad Scammed Me And My Brother As A Child by yinkuscious(m): 6:11am On May 28, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: How My Dad Scammed Me And My Brother As A Child by 1stNumeroUno: 7:16pm On May 28, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
So las las what are trying to say

Stop screaming Lalastic and answer @Creepyblackpool question.

(1) (Reply)

Meet 11 Year-old Orphan Who Makes A Living By Pushing Jerry Cans In A Truck (Pix / Longrich Pays You For Shopping With Them. / Infopalace: Learn How To Create Mobile App And Make Money With Google Admob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.